Hideaway [h.s]

By happydays1d

BOOK 2/3 OF MALIGNANT SERIES (MATURE READ!) "We need to go, they're coming for us." He yells over the rain t... More

Authors Note
Recap
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174
175
176
177
178
179
180
181
182
183
184
185
186
187
188
189
190
191
192
193
194
195
196
197
198
199
200
201
202
203
204
Epilogue
Devotion

113

286K 6.2K 36.6K
By happydays1d

Harry Styles

I watch her lean over the counter, looking down at the wounded bird in a kitchen drawer she took out and emptied- filling it with tea towels. The back of her two fingers lightly run down the back of the bird that she bandaged up with a piece of gauze from the medicine cabinet.

I sit at the breakfast nook, watching her from the distance care for the little animal.

"I don't think it's broken, I think it's just sprained." She mumbles while keeping her eyes glue to the bird.

"Baby it's just a bird, why do you care so much?" I say while keeping my hands folded on the counter top.

"Because I do." She says quietly, still looking at the bird.

It's funny how different we see things. I was fine with just chopping the thing in half- yet she acts like this small bird is apart of her family or something. She has such a warm charisma to herself that she is willing to help anything in need. Her heart is so full of love and compassion.

"What will you do if it's wing doesn't heal?" I ask while getting up and walking over to the counter that she leans on. I grasp her hips from behind her, resting my chin on her shoulder and looking down at the bird sitting in the blanketed light kitchen drawer.

"It will heal." She states.

"But what if it doesn't?"

"That's not an option."

I chuckle and shake my head, she can be very delusional sometimes.

"Alright babe whatever you say." I squeeze her hips before pulling away and walking to the cupboards.

"Harry.." She mumbles while turning away from the bird to face me, leaning her hip on the counter.

"Yes princess." I answer while scanning my eyes in the cupboards for food.

"You never told me about the guys." She says.

"What do you mean?" I ask in clarification.

"Are they okay? Have you been in communication with them since the battle?" She asks while crossing her arms.

"Oh, well I know Niall's fine, I've been in contact with him. And he told me that Louis made it out- but I haven't heard about Liam yet." I answer while realizing we have a limited amount of non perishable food.

"I hope Liam's okay. Where are they right now? I mean you said that they all lived here." She asks.

"I'm not really sure. I think Louis has a place somewhere. I'm going to have to call a meeting soon for the gang but I need to figure out where. It can't be here because if someone finds out where we are living then we are screwed." I say while grabbing a can of corn from the cupboard.

"A meeting?"

"Yeah, I need to discuss around with people about what the next move is. And I also need to see how
many are left."

"Oh. So am I going to have to come to this meeting?" She asks in curiosity.

"Yes, sorry baby but I'm not leaving you alone anywhere for a while. And besides, its not going to be a sit down event where I stand at a podium or shit. It will most likely be a party that I'm gonna just walk around and ask people where they are staying right now and discuss the plans." I say while holding up a can of corn to her, seeing if she wants it.

"No, corn is gross." She shakes her head with a pungent look on her face.

I roll my eyes and open the cupboard again, "I thought you liked vegetables?" I chuckle.

"I do, but just looking at that makes me feel gross." She shakes her head.

"You're so picky." I shake my head back and smile lightly.

"I know I know," She agrees while looking down at the bird again.

"Well we are very limited so you need to expand your options." I laugh.

"I really want cherries." She states.

"Cherries?" I arch my brow and look back at her in confusion.

She nods while keeping her eyes glued to the bird.

"Babe we don't have cherries." I chuckle.

"I know, I'm just saying." She shrugs while running her fingers across the bird again.

"Okay well we need to go to town and run some errands. So we can pick up groceries a long the way and get you some cherries." I say while shutting the cupboard.

"How? Do you even have money and a car?" She asks.

"Yes, and kinda. That's one of our errands I need to do." I state.

She scrunches her brows and puckers her lips, waiting for me to further explain.

"I have money babe."

"From what?"

"Trades and savings." I beat around the bush a bit.

Trades includes drug trafficking and savings means I stole a lot of money from the bank during the war a few years back.

But she doesn't need to know that.

"Oh." She shrugs and doesn't further interrogate me about it, surprisingly.

"Yep, so don't worry about that." I run my hand back through my hair that she trimmed quite nicely.

"Okay well what about the car part?"

"I need to go pick up my car from a warehouse off the concession, but to get there I have something else in the garage." I stick my lips ring between my teeth in habit, walking closer to her along the counter.

"Like what? A bicycle?" She chuckles.

"Kinda." I shrug, throwing her off and looking confused.

I grab her hand and pull her away from the counter, bringing her out of the kitchen and towards the front door.

"Where are you taking me?" She chuckles in her light sweet voice as I pull her hand.

"So impatient," I snicker.

I eventually get her outside, taking her down the driveway to the small garage at the end. I lead her down the gravel driveway to the small wood built building.

"Harry if you open that door and it's a two person bicycle I might have to make fun of you for a while." She says light heartingly, making a subtle chuckle leave my lips.

"What's wrong baby you don't want to get on one of those and pedal for a couple miles?" I say sarcastically while bending over to pull up the metal sliding garage door.

"I rather not." She laughs.

Once I open the barren garage, I come to see my black motorcycle in the corner, standing up by the kickstand.

I turn to look at her face to see her jaw dropped while looking at the vehicle. Her eyes show shock but mixed with a little nervousness.

"Oh, Harry I can't get on that." She mumbles while grabbing her arm uncomfortably, rubbing it up and down through the sweater sleeve.

"Why?"

"I gonna fall and hurt myself.. you know me." She murmurs while stepping into the garage with me.

"Baby- you will be fine. If I thought you could get hurt then I wouldn't put you on it to begin with." I say comfortingly.

"But accidents happen- what if I slip?"

"That's why you hold onto me. We only have to take this to go pick up my car, then you will be in the comfort of the passenger seat." I persuade while walking over to the bike and examining the mileage and gas meter on it. It's got about a half tank still.

"Promise you won't let me fall?" She says with her uneasy voice.

"As long as you don't do something dumb." I chuckle.

"Like what?" She says in concern.

"Jump off." I snicker, making her roll her eyes and scuffle.

"Don't worry I don't plan on it." She crosses her and in my big sweater. Every time I wear something, she steals it from me right after. I put on my black shirt, she wears it the next day. I wear my sweater, she takes it from me later that day. This girl is obsessed with my clothes, but theirs nothing better then seeing her in them.

"Well we need to go buy some food, and some clothes for you." I state while stepping over in front of her.

"I like your clothes." She says with a smile, biting her lip and looking up at me while leaning forward against chest.

"I like you in them, but when we go out places you will probably want to wear something else." I laugh.

"Why can't we just go back underground to get the stuff I already have?"

"Because it could be crawling with Salvation and that other gang. I'm not risking them getting to you." I say seriously while meeting my hands behind her lower back.

"Oh, that makes sense."

"Plus I want to buy you things." I smile down at her.

"You don't need to buy me things baby. I am fine with living in your big clothes." She says kindly back.

"Mmm but I want to." I dip my head down to kiss her innocent lips, making her stand on her tippy toes.

She smiles into the kiss, keeping her fists against my chest. I snake my hands down to her ass, squeezing it. She giggles against my lips before pulling away.

"Okay babe, go get ready and we will go for a ride." I grin down at her while tracing my hand up to tuck a loose wavy strand of hair behind ear.

//

woah a motor cycle ride and some shopping, expect a lot ahead for next chapter. Love you!!!! 💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Run (H.S) By Kay

Fanfiction

112 2 16
Harry Styles A.U. I don't remember a time when I didn't run. I've spent so much time in my life hiding away from everything good, and everything bad...
3.6K 31 10
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
153K 4.1K 60
He was all seven of the deadly sins Harry Styles, a father of two twin girls, runs the most dangerous, well-known cartel, respected by many. Feeling...
12.6K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...