Stuck With The Playboy [Not E...

By itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! It's a well know fact that opposites attract. Like Magnets, or charged... More

P R O L O G U E [ T r a i l e r + C a s t ]
Chapter one - Coming Home
Chapter two - She's My Sister You Idiot!
Chapter three - Welcome Back Students
Chapter four - The Kiss,Phone Number and Locked In School
Chapter five - Oh great!
Chapter six - Tabloids
Chapter seven - Family Dinner
Chapter eight - Ignoring, Assignment, Facebook
Chapter nine - He's Really Confusing!
Chapter ten - Deal
Chapter eleven - Masquerade Ball
Chapter twelve - Spin The Bottle
Chapter thirteen - Slips Out
Chapter fourteen - Princess
Chapter fifteen - Just My Luck
Chapter seventeen - Jealously Just Kicked In
Chapter eighteen - Losing My Mind
Chapter nineteen - Arranged Marriage?
Chapter twenty - Nothing But A Lie
Chapter twenty one - Making Him Jealous
Chapter twenty two - Promise You
Chapter twenty three - Beach House?
Chapter twenty four - Memories
Author's note
IMPORTANT: Author's Note
IMPORTANT Authors Note:

Chapter sixteen - Ryson

11K 314 195
By itsjustmejessica14

All rights reserved Copyright © 2014 AllLoversTogether_

Chapter sixteen 

Did I just hear Ryder correctly?

No, no. There is no where in hell, that he's my date. 

"That's not possible. Why you? why did she pick you?" I said using my hands all over the place. 

He shrugged. "Don't worry, I'm not going to be your date. We'll just pretend in front of Vicky, plus I'm already bringing someone with me." He said casually. Why did Ryder all the time have to ruin everything, I don't like lying and the truth is that. I actually wanted to go with Ryder as my date. For the past couple of days, we haven't been the best with each other and I wanted to actually be friends with him in a way. But obviously I can't since he's bringing someone else with him. Of course he would, why didn't I think of it before? But it's okay, it's not as if Ryder's my boy crush, he can bring any girl he'd like. It won't affect me at all. I was slowly trailing behind Ryder. 

Maybe I should call someone to come with me. I would call Chloe but she's already coming and she's very social with everyone around here, so she wouldn't have much time to spend with me. 

Heck, it won't even matter. I'll just help with all the decoration and see if everything is fine and perfect.

"That's great then," wow my voice sounded weird, a little squeaky actually. I faked a smile as I walked a head of him. I knew he stopped so I turned around and furrowed my eyebrows.

He stares at me carefully, I fake a smile again. "What?" 

He stares at me for a few seconds then said. "Are you sure about me bring someone else?" he looks at me as if he's some kind of detective. 

Oh god why did he have to ask me that? 

"Of course. I mean you should have fun right?" I said looking away from him before asking him. "Do we need the lights as well? maybe the flowers and also th-.." I stop talking when Ryder wraps his hand around my wrist, not too hard but firm and gentle. I look up at him, as he grins. 

"We've already got those stuff." I sheepishly nod, as I try getting my wrist away from him. 

I clear my throat as I walked around Ryder. 

"Hey you know you can tell me what's on your mind right?" I stopped walking and show him a weak smile, why on earth would I tell Ryder everything I'm thinking. "Come on, let's go." He nods and pulls the cart along with him.

"So who are you taking as your date?" he asked awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. 

I looked up at him when his eyes met mine, but I looked away. "Well it was you, but you said you have a date. So I guess I have no one." I said shrugging. "But it's completely fine, I mean if I bring a date it's no point because I'm probably going to check if everything is in place." Ryder looks guilty probably because I have no one with me. But I think I was fine. 

I put my both of my hands in my back pockets. 

"Oh. But Madison you do know that they have people for that." He looks at me. "I can go with you if you want, just tell me." Sweet Ryder was back, I was wondering when that side of him will come.

I shook my head. "No it's fine, really. You go enjoy yourself and I'll do exactly the same thing." He slightly frowned, I can tell he felt bad. "Now come on, we have to get this all payed, and I need to go speak to the wedding planner." I said pulling his arm so he'd keep up with my pace. 

Ryder nods. "Can I come with you?" 

I look at him and nod. "Sure." 

                                                                             ***

"So what's happening with you and Loverboy?" Chloe asked then started blowing her nose in a tissue. I was currently skyping her and she still wasn't feeling too good. 

I make a face like when you have a sour sweet in your mouth. "Still not feeling too well? maybe I should come over and make you some chicken soup." Chloe looked awful and my gramps always says that chicken soup would definitely help.

Chloe started shaking her head. "No Maddy don't come, there's no need Farah is cooking me some soup." Farah is Chloe's maid, well Chloe's family maid. She's really nice though. "Back to the question with Loverboy." 

"What about it?" 

She rolled her eyes. "Come on Maddy, there's definitely some connection or something going on." 

I laugh. "There is nothing going on between me and Ryder. He's the player remember? and once a player always a player." 

"True. But Madison, I think he's starting to feel something for you." Her voice was serious, there was no why that Ryder would feel something for me. Why would he? I mean he has all the girls in Bradford High, why would he want someone like me?

"So soon?" I chuckle. "You don't even know, yet and your already thinking about him liking me. I mean Chloe, doesn't it sound weird? He's a player and he has all the girls he could possibly want to have or hook up with." 

Chloe laughs and ends up coughing. Few minutes of coughing she was finished and done. "I think I'll call it. The Valley Between Us"  

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "You want to expand on what you just said, cause you just lost me."

She sighs and nods. "Your relationship with Ryder. The Valley meaning there is something stopping you and Ryder from being togethe, Between Us meaning, you and Ryder are basically together. I mean you haven't been going to a different guy so basically your his." She finished proudly, I guess I never thought about it that way.

I chuckle. "I can assure you that there's nothing going on with me or Ryder. I mean we argue like everyday, plus I found out that he's supposed to be my date to my aunts wedding."

"What?!" Chloe says coming closer to the screen.

"Relax, I haven't finished." She nods telling me to carry on. "Well he said let's pretend that we going with each other when clearly were not. He later says that he's bringing someone else. So yeah basically it."

"How dare he ditch you for let me guess Sarah?"

I chuckle. "It's fine anyway."

Chloe softly chuckles. "So where is Loverboy?"

I roll my eyes. "Dropping his sister off at day care center and then were both going to speak to the wedding planner, and will you quit calling him Loverboy."

Chloe looks at me teasingly. "Someones sounds defensive." I roll my eyes. "Oh and make sure the wedding planner doesn't think you and Lover- I mean Ryder are engaged." I glare at her when she was about to say 'Loverboy' My eyes widen when she says about me and Ryder engaged, there is no way in hell I'm ever getting married with Ryder! I can't even imagine it. Okay maybe I can a little. A baby boy that has dark brown hair with dark brown eyes, looking exactly like Ryder. 

Wow, I really need to snap out of it. 

I've totally lost it.

"Madison, I was only joking. Why are you overreacting? Your kinda scaring me," she says moving away from the screen.

I laugh, "I was only thinking." 

"About Ryder?" she wiggled her eyebrow. 

I glare at her. "Why would I think about Ryder? and you actually said Ryder instead of Loverboy."

Chloe laughed, "Okay I'm gonna go now, I'm got a headache and I feel like throwing up, and I need some rest if I'm going to the wedding tomorrow." 

I nodded and said goodbye to her and told her to get well soon. 

I ended the Skype call and suddenly got a text message. 

I unlocked my phone and saw a text message from Ryder. 

Believe or not, my dates just ditched me :( - Ryder

Someone ditching Ryder, that doesn't sound right. Why would anyone want to ditch Ryder, every girl in Bradford High is chasing after him. Why would they ditch him?

Haha, how does it feel? - Me

Not bad actually. Anyway Ryson I'm going to come pick you up. - Ryder 

Ryson? - Me

Who the hell is Ryson?

Yeah, our names together. Ryder and Madison? ;) - Ryder

Ryder actually thought of our name together, that's sweet and surprising. I also noticed he winked at me. I remember our chat on Facebook and the fact that I said I could do it better. 

Oh...and don't wink at me :) - Me 

He didn't reply back, I heard the door bell ring. 

I shoved my phone in my back pocket. I jogged downstairs, it must me be Ryder. 

I was too late to answer the door, instead Aunt Vicky did. 

"Oh, hi Ryder," Aunt Vicky said in surprised tone.

Ryder still looked hot, yeah I just said hot. It's my mind and I'm speaking to myself so it's fine.

Ryder dug his hands in his front pockets. "Hi, I was wondering where Madison is?"

Aunt Vicky chuckled as she turned around. "She's right there," she pointed. How did she know? No, she must of heard me jogging down the stairs.

I slowing started finishing walking down the stairs. "Were about to go speak to the wedding planner, if that's okay with you?" I said looking at Aunt Vicky.

She shook her head. "No sweetie, it's fine. Me and Brad have already spoke to the people, there at the reception and where the wedding is being held, there just getting the decoration hung up. You two could go now and help out and see if they've got everything in place." I nodded and smile, wait is Brad here then?

"Wait is Brad here?" I asked curiously. 

Aunt Vicky blushes and nods. "You know it's bad luck if the groom see's the bride before the wedding."

Aunt Vicky frowns a little then smiles. "Yeah I'm aware of that. That's why Brad's friend pulled him away from me, and for the wedding planner she had to go in different rooms to ask us what we want." I chuckle, Aunt Vicky acts like she's still an 18 year old girl when she's 28 Years old. 

I smiled. "Well tomorrow's the wedding, and you'll finally be his." I smiled as I looked at Ryder already staring at me, he smiled. He didn't smirk and I saw his smile which was really cute and the scary part was. My heart was beating fast. I turned to look at Ryder. "Do you want to go and check out the place?"

Ryder nods as I follow behind him. "Well guys just check if every things in place, I still need to get everything sorted. And Madison I've got your bridesmaid dress, I'll set it in your room later." I nod and smile at her. "Well have fun." We wave bye and Aunt Vicky closes the door when we leave. 

"Were taking my car today." I said. 

"Why?" 

"Because I have my car keys while you don't." I said smirking, I showed him my car keys. 

"Fine." He said showing him his best glare. I giggled as he barked off laughter, I stared at him as he was laughing. His brown eyes was twinkling, I never admired him that much but he looked definitely something, I softly chuckled as he turned his head and locked our eyes together, he smiled, I blush and look away. 

I cleared my throat. "Um.. we should get going." I said awkwardly, why is Ryder making me feel like this? this usually doesn't happen.

I unlock the car and and sit inside the drivers side while Ryder seats in the front passengers side. 

I close the door and turn on the engine, and my music turns on full blast, it was What Goes Around Comes Around by Justin Timberlake. I blush and put the volume down. 

I look at Ryder quickly then I at the mirror and reverse the car out of the driveway. Why did I even look at Ryder first. 

He seemed to like song so he turned it up. 

We both left in a comfortable silence listening to Justin Timberlake. 

I knew where the wedding was being held, it wasn't that long of a drive. 

15 minutes of driving we finally made it. 

I parked my car and turned of the engine, I got out and so did Ryder. I locked my car and we both started walking inside the big wedding reception. How this is big.

I look up at the ceiling it had different patterns of glasses. "Wow! this place is very big." I then looked down and saw a lady coming towards us, she looked around her twenties she was awfully staring at Ryder for quite awhile. 

I didn't seem to care that much. I turned to stare at Ryder while he showed a bored and tired look which made the lady frown. 

She turned to face me and smiled, while I fake smiled back. "You must be Madison, Vicky's niece." I nodded. She tries speaking to Ryder. "And you are?" 

"Ryder Black." He says but he doesn't finish. "I'm Madison's boyfriend." My eyes widen, why the hell did he have to say that? what the hell, I turn to face Ryder as he smirks. Oh he's definitely up to something. 

The lady frowns and glares at me a little, she puts up a fake smile as she stares at me and Ryder. Ryder had an opportunity to put his arm around my waist. I think I forgot how to breath, the lady notices. 

She smiles but obviously it's fake. "Aw.. what a cute couple you two are." Ryder smiles and kisses the side of my temple. I blush, something's up with Ryder. 

"I'm glad to have her." He said making eye contact with me, he seemed serious before he smirked then I definitely knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to make that lady back of him, that's why he said I was his girlfriend, when clearly I'm not.

I look away from him, I'm a little mad or upset which ever. 

I don't even know what I'm feeling. 

"Well my name is Emma." I shook hands with her as she shook hands with Ryder and she blushed. 

"Nice to meet you, Emma." Ryder said. She furiously blushed. 

She turned around hiding the blush. "Well, I'm going to show you around." We follow her behind. "Some of the workers have finished, you see here outside is where the wedding is going to be held, especially it's going to be a beautiful weather outside. The white flowers are going to be hung up and the workers are up to to that." There were so many workers around here.

"Um..I'm afraid this is how I can show you. Some of the main parts aren't quite finished yet but hopefully you'll be surprised tomorrow for the big day." She says looking at me. 

I smile. "Well it's definitely coming along, I hope to be surprised tomorrow." Emma nods and excuses herself when she hears something shatter, sounds like a glass.

I turn to Ryder and I still didn't notice that his arms was around my waist. He puts his hands to himself when I glare at him. 

"Why did you lie?" 

He was going to say something but I stopped him by showing him the hand. "Wait don't answer that." I crossed my arms smirking. "You were trying to get rid of Emma weren't you? and how did that work out for you?" 

He didn't say anything but he quickly put his hands up in surrender. "Okay you caught me. But she's looks old enough to be a mom. I definitely don't go for ladies like that." I laugh, as he chuckles staring at me. 

My laugh soon faded when Ryder was staring at me. 

"Well we should go home." I said looking away. 

He rubbed the back off his neck. "Yeah sure." 

I started walking. "Wanna watch a movie at my place?" I ask. 

He smirks. "Aw.. Princess wants to spend time with her Prince, how sweet." 

I playfully punch his arm. "Shut up!" he laughs. "FYI your not my Prince. I only asked you since I have no one to hang out with and I'm bored. Since Chloe is ill, like seriously ill." Ryder's face expression changed when I said Chloe, he went a little pale or anxious. 

"Are you alright?" I ask, as I stopped. 

"Yeah, umm... did Chloe tell you anything like why she's ill?" He gulped.

I furrow my eyebrows as I still smile. "She was sneezing and coughing, I don't think I need to ask her why she's ill." I chuckle. 

Although Ryder still doesn't change the face expression. "What's on your mind? you look a little pale, are you sure your alright?" 

He nods. "Let's just go watch a movie." 

I nod, I know that Ryder's hiding something. 

                                                                     ***

We were at my living room watching some horror movie, which I kind of enjoyed. 

"Why are you walking there, you dick head!" I said jumping up from the couch, shouting at the TV screen. Ryder gave me a an amused look. 

I sat back down. "That was like the first time I heard you curse, which was pretty entertaining." I scowl at him. 

"Whatever," I say crossing my arms over my chest. 

He keeps on poking me on the arm. "What?" I snap, I was annoyed. 

"Is someone on there time of month?" He's really not helping. 

I ignore him again. 

"Madison!" He wines like a baby, the side of my lip twitch, I want to laugh so badly. 

"I'm tired." I said telling him to leave me alone. 

Surprisingly he stopped bothering me.

I close my eyes and gradually fell asleep. 

                                                                         ***

Someones phone was ringing. 

I felt really warm, like a blanket was wrapped around me.

I open my eyes because that stupid ring tone keeps on ringing. 

I looked at my arms and it was wrapped around someones body, I look up at the face. Ryder. My eyes widen, I forgot he was here. My arms were wrapped around his torso and my legs were tangled with his. He seemed to be disturbed by the sound as well. 

"Are you going to keep on staring at me?" I jump when I heard Ryder speak. 

He opened one eye and as he grinned and opened the other eye. I got off him, I was suddenly feeling cold I missed his touch. Ryder yawned and stretched his arms. "Man, I slept like a baby." He says looking at me. 

The phone rings again. 

"Will you pick up your phone?" he asks.

How is it my phone? 

I crossed my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow. "And how do you know that it's my phone."

"Well one, it's on the table and two it's flashing with a caller ID." He says smartly. 

I blush, I feel stupid that I didn't check it was mine first. 

I grab my phone the table and walked away, I looked at the caller ID, Chloe. 

I answered the phone. 

"Hello?" I ask. 

"Maddy, can you come here please?" It sounded like she was crying. 

"Are you okay?" 

I heard her cry. "Madison, please come over here." 

"Okay, okay." I said then hung up the phone.

I grab my car keys from the table, I turn to face Ryder. "Look I have to go, something's up with Chloe she's crying, I have to see what's happened to her. Do you think you'd be able to let yourself out?" I asked. 

Ryder nodded. "Yeah, go. I'll be out in minute. I'm just gonna to the toilet." I nod. 

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow." I said, he nods and get's up from the couch. I opened the door and close it on my way out. I unlock my car and started the engine. 

Chloe lived near me, only 10 minutes away from here. 

I made it just in time. I got out of the car and locked it. 

I hung the bell at her house amazing big house. 

I tapped my foot waiting impatiently. "Come on." I said looking at my watch. 

The door opened. "Madison, it's been quite a while I haven't seen you. How are you?" Chloe's mom opened the door. 

I smile. "Yeah it's been a while, I'm fine my parents are fine to. Umm..I was wondering where Chloe is?" 

"Well, that's good. Chloe's upstairs in her room. Why don't you go up and I'll cook some of my favourite top secret cookies." She says smiling, I smiled back. 

I walked inside the house and ran up the stairs going directly to Chloe's room. 

I didn't bother knocking, I opened the door and found Chloe sitting on the floor with her back leaning against her bed. 

I close the door, and I walked over to her sitting down. I rubbed her arm. "Chloe, what's wrong? why are you crying?" Chloe doesn't respond, she pulls me into a hug as she cries. I stroke her hair and gently pull away from her. "Chloe you have to tell me what's wrong with you, I can't help you if you don't tell me." I said looking at her. "Take a deep breath in and out."

She did what I told her to do, she calmed down. "Chloe what's wrong?" I asked softly. 

Tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm pregnant Madison." 

My eyes widen, Chloe pregnant that's impossible. Who could possible hooked up with? "What?" I breathed out. I didn't know what to say, I didn't think it would be something this big. I thought someone broke her heart and I could of easily kicked him where the sun don't shine. 

Ryder. He acted pretty strange when I mentioned Chloe today. He looked pale and out of words. 

Could he possibly? No Ryder wouldn't do that, right? 

Then why am I believing that, he was the one that did that to Chloe? 

He acted really strange today, he turned pale, he looked anxious. 

 What if it is Ryder?

---END OF CHAPTER SIXTEEN---  

Thanks for the ship name for Madison and Ryder @lovelachowski and @Happiee for the amazing character trailer for Madison and Ryder! <3 I love it so much! :)

Hey Lovers! I hope you liked this chapter, very intense the ending, I promise you that you'll be surprised in the next chapter! Remember to comment down below on what you think and vote this chapter! <3 Did Ryder's date actually ditched him? or did he let his date down? 

PROBLEM: Is it Ryder? it could be anyone right? But Madison is thinking that it's Ryder, well you'll find out in the next chapter! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 15.5K 56
Meet Kylie. A self-proclaimed geek who has a thing for soccer. So technically, call her a geeklethic. Because she's definitely not weak but she also...
497K 4.7K 14
To crave safety was one thing. To sleep with a monster to get it? That was something else entirely. ____________________ The bar. Her best friend. T...
105K 2.4K 54
Jourdan Mathews has a secret, and she knows she needs to take this one to the grave. * * * Her life was never complicated: a college student with a...
68.2K 2.8K 51
Damian 'Mia' Faye decided to live based on other people's assumptions: she jumps from one man to another and spend her youth partying, until she cros...