Alfaaz

By orion623

~ A tale of a friendship crushed and an affection triumphed ~ Best Ranking : #1 in ShraMan #12 in General Fi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 : Ranjish
Chapter 2 : Justajoo
Chapter 3 : Muntazir
Chapter 4: Mayassar
Chapter 5: Inayaat
Chapter 6: Maraasim
Chapter 7: Iztiraar
Chapter 8: Raftaar
Chapter 9: Lehja
Chapter 10: Qaasid
Chapter 11: Qatra
Chapter 12: Meyaar
Chapter 13: Noor
Chapter 15: Ijaazat
Chapter 16: Lihaaz
Chapter 17: Qurbat
Chapter 18: Taabiir
Chapter 19: Musalsal
Chapter 20 : Sifar
Chapter 21: Qayamat
Chapter 22: Fanaa
Chapter 23: Ilham
Chapter 24: Shiddat
Chapter 25: Moajaza
Chapter 26: Aashnaa
Chapter 27: Najaat
Chapter 28: Qainaat
Chapter 29: Ruhaniyat
Chapter 30: Seher
Chapter 31: Markaz
Chapter 32: Safar
Chapter 33 : Raqs
Chapter 34: Nazakat
Chapter 35: Qahr
Chapter 36: Ikhlaas
Chapter 37: Firaaq
Chapter 38: Afreen
Chapter 39: IKHTIYAR
Chapter 40: Fitoor
Chapter 41: Ba-dastoor
Chapter 42: Azal
Chapter 43: Aks
Chapter 44: Shaakh
Chapter 45: Hayat
Afterward

Chapter 14: Sukoon

834 81 121
By orion623

Hello all!

How are we?

Firstly, thank you so very much for your response on Noor. I'm glad you all could bask in its warmth and enjoy its underlying love. As promised, I decided to give them moments of peace, a means to understand their feelings. Some may wish for an inferno of passion, I however will settle for the slow simmer of intimacy. Sit back and lose yourself in the beauty of their relationship. Secondly, apologies yet again for being late. A few months back, the more stress I had the more pieces I could churn out. But now, the more stress I have the more I fall ill and creativity is on a complete stand still. Nonetheless, I'm here now. So here's hoping this is all you guys hoped for if not more.

I would like to dedicate this instalment to my dearest friend @Nikk03. I had decided way back when I posted Noor, to dedicate this part to you. This is me saying, Thank you! For always being there. For being brutally honest. For never sugar-coating bullshit. For being you. I love you Nik! IF or Wattpad or whatever other means, I never want to lose you!

Right so, Sukoon, means Peace. Expect yet another soulful and fluffy piece ahead! Moments of solace we all look for in our busy lives, what we forget is the fact that solace is always present. All we need to do is stop running and take it all in. The picture our lives will paint is one of beauty through the chaos. I hope you guys enjoy this one! Shorter than usual but something is better than nothing right? Without talking any further, let's get on with this shall we?

P.S. Not proofread, Ignore mistakes if any..

SUKOON

Moonlight streamed through he curtains as winds played a duet with the chimes. She turned in her sleep, a faint smile adding to her allure. 

She dreamed about the party. He looked at her with eyes that held only love. Suddenly everyone else disappeared as he made his way to her. His soft breaths fanning her face. She looked away not being able to meet his gaze anymore. He bent down to steal a kiss. As he was about to capture her lips, she slapped him and yelled "Pappi!" She didn't realise that she kept repeating the word as a soft murmur. She turned again as her dream continued with him unperturbed trying to kiss her again.

Unbeknownst to her, a pair of bespectacled eyes took in her every little nuance and fell in love with her most vulnerable state. He heard incoherent syllables but the range of expressions on her face was enough to keep him glued. 

He had the sudden urge to know who it was that she dreamed of? Pappi? Did she say that? Or was the lack of sleep a source of his hallucination. He didn't know but he kept on drinking in her form. She looked absolutely ethereal. Wearing an oversized t-shirt, hair loosely tied leaving a few strands to blatantly flirt with her gorgeous face. Oh how he envied their destiny. How he wished he had the same fate. 

A wayward strand played with her lips. She seemed to be ticklish at its doings. He softly tucked the element of his jealousy behind her ear. Caressing her face with the back of his fingers he leaned in to take in her scent. His mind told him of the impending danger. He knew this was wrong and yet still he needed this like he needed air to breathe.

She sighed content. He didn't know if it was the dream or his ministrations that led to her contentment. Either way he was happy, he had missed being this close to her. More often than not when he did her homework back in the day, she would doze off, oblivious to the world. He would steal glances at her, loving her from a distance.

He was selfish for he never wanted to share his love, not even with her. It was his personal heaven and his very own hell. He had tried once and the memory of that heartbreak still marred his nightmares. Maybe that was why he denied it all these years. But then at the party he allowed himself a few shameless moments of intimacy. 

He wasn't sure if his eyes reflected that which his being craved and he didn't care. For the moment of truth was closer than it felt and he knew that it wouldn't last, he knew there wasn't much time before his soulful dream would break. But tonight, he had promised himself, he would let his soul bask in her beauty, he would let his heart love without inhibitions. Tonight he would find the Sukoon he lacked all these years. That was why he was here. It had merely been 16 hours since they met and he was addicted to the calm she brought. She could be doing anything and yet manage to light up all the dark places of his being.

His face beamed and eye twinkled as he recollected a poem he had written on the flight back home. He brought his face closer to hers, blushed, let out a deep breath and whispered in her ears.

Sardi ki dhoop, Gharmi ki chaav, 

Baarish ki pehli boond, Ek pyara se gaaun, 

Dekh kar tumhe jaane kyun, 

Hamesha yeh khayal aata hai, 

Jaane tumhari har beeti hui baat pe, 

Kyun mujhe pyaar aata hai...

He pulled back a little to see a frown marring her visage, she pouted cutely. Self-control! Self-control! Self-control! He kept chanting. He didn't know why his brain kept dragging him into territories that would be detrimental. He saw her pout grew poutier. Was she having a nightmare? 

"Sumo?" He called out softly.

She let out an annoyed moan. He started chanting again, at this rate his vow of abstinence would be broken in no time. He called out to her again and this time he didn't know what hit him. She smacked his face hard as she sat upright with vigour shouting, "Pappi!" 

If Shravan felt at peace earlier he was completely shook now. This was the craziness he fell for, only now it had surely amplified. Suman rubbed her eyes with the her fists like a baby while Shravan adjusted his glasses checking if he had broken his nose. 

She yawned, scratched her head and turned in his direction. She smiled at him and asked, "Just because I slapped you, why didn't you kiss me?" She grinned sheepishly.

Shravan didn't know if she was the one in a dream or he was. What did she say? "Sumo?" He called out kneeling at her bedside.

"Hmm..." She hummed playing with her hair.

"You want me to kiss you?" He asked, eyes narrowed and eyebrows raised.

Suman snapped out of her reverie. Her eyes grew wide, one hand entangled in her luscious hair and the other clutching the blanket. "What?" She asked.

"You asked why I didn't.. you know.." He said point at his lips and then hers.

She followed his finger with her gaze and bobbed her head between her lips and his. Her expression was hilarious, Shravan had a really hard time controlling his laughter. "Suman?" He called out seriously. "I never say no to you, you know that right?" He said straight faced.

Suman nodded still bearing the same countenance not knowing what was going on. She felt she was still in the dream, so lucid, she thought.

"Alright.." Said he shrugging. Making his way to her bed, he sat at the edge. Purposely he moved in closer slowly. He softly pulled her fingers out of her entangled hair and placed it on his stubbled face. He leaned in closer and used the pad of his thumb to undo her pout. "Sumo... I'm going to kiss you now.." He said in a bid to scare her.

She looked at him confused, why does he feel so real, she thought. "Lekin Shravan.." She said, eyebrows crossed, "Chasma beech mai aayega."

Shravan lost his composure right then. He fell back and laughed. His head hung mid air for his height didn't allow him to fit on her bed. A smile made its way to Suman's face too. Seeing him so incandescently happy, so relaxed, she felt happy. He seemed so much at peace. Something she felt lacked all those years while he was away. 

Shravan rolled trying to control his laughter but try as he may he couldn't get over the cuteness that was Sumo. 

As his laughter died down Suman realised they weren't in a dream. "You are real! This ain't a dream?" She asked.

"No.." Saying he burst out again.

"Why are you in my room?" She shook her head, "No, why are you in my bed?" She shook her head even more fervently, "No! Why the heck were you kissing me!" She yelled.

"Correction.." he said, "Faking to try to kiss you. I never kissed you." He said sitting up still red with all that entertainment.

Suman looked at him, "Faking?" 

"Yeah.. We are best friends, why would I kiss you in the dead of the night?" He asked, looking away, fearing she might see his true intentions.

"Why would you even fake it?" She asked, attempting to keep the disappointment at bay.

Shravan licked his lips gently, "Cause you asked for it." He said turning the tables.

Suman looked at him perplexed, "Say what?"

"Yeah, you kept murmuring pappi pappi.." He smiled, "And then you woke up and said just cause you slapped me I didn't kiss you.. So.." He shrugged.

"So?" She said astounded, "I was dreaming Shravan, I thought maybe I still am, for how would I know you'd be in my room, watching me sleep." She knew she was hitting against a wall. He wouldn't say a word, though that didn't mean she didn't understand that which he wished to hide. His eyes always betrayed him, he may say a mouthful but one word from his eyes and she knew what he wanted to say and couldn't.

"You were dreaming of me? Kissing you?" He asked, seriousness evident in his tone.

"No!" Busted, she thought. "Never! I was.." She tried to think of a good enough excuse but her mind was still fuzzy with sleep and dazed with the prospect of ever being intimate with him.

"Pray tell! Who then?" He sounded a bit miffed.

"Roshan!" She exclaimed!

"Roshan?" He repeated.

"Hritik, Hritik wala Roshan. I mean Hritik Roshan!" She bobbed.

Shravan merely looked at her with disbelief. "I don't buy that!"

"Arey!" She blushed, "I love him.. He's so hot! So tall! So good looking! Husky voice! Gorgeous eyes! Thick hair! What dance moves! And that body!" Suman went on and on like a teenager with a crush.

Shravan's mind ran a mile a minute. I'm hot, so I've been told. I'm definately good looking, voice is also good. My hair, always on point! I can dance, not like him but I can. And body? What even?

"The chiselled chest, perfect broad shoulders, ripped.." Her drool worthy praises were cut short by Shravan.

"Bas bas!" He said raising his hand to her face, "Chup! Tum aaisi nazron se dekhti ho usko?"

Suman merely blushed further and hid her face in her palms, irking Shravan further. She knew how to get to the last of his nerves. She knew he harboured feelings much deeper than friendship towards her, his reaction only served to affirm that. He thought she spoke of Hritik, she chuckled, she spoke of the beautiful boyish man that sat in her room. "Woh chodo, mai dekhti hoon jaise dekhti hoon.. Tum batao, yahan kya kar rahe ho?" She nipped it in the bud.

Shravan gulped, leaving the annoyance at bay, he smiled wary, "I.. I couldn't sleep..." He spoke honestly.

Suman understood but decided to hear it from the horse himself, strike that, giraffe is more apt. "So?"

"So.. Yeh ke .." He took in a breath and spoke in the huskiest voice he could manage.

"Zindagi guzaar di talaash-e-yaar mai, 

Chalte rahe thakan ki aadh mai, 

Socha tha hijr ki tanhayi mai faana ho jaayenge, 

Yeh na samjha tha ke Sukoon tere dar pe paayenge.."

Suman looked on, unable to form coherent sentences, her thoughts were all over the place. Did he say that? Did he? Sukoon? Her eyes pooled as she took in the gravity of his words.

Shravan realised what he had just done. He couldn't allow her to know, the walls he built had crumbled at her feet in no time. He would not allow that, "Sumo!" He laughed, "Look at your face!" He hid his feelings, "Uff ya! Sher tha, maar diya, I meant I feel good around you, toh chala aaya. Serious ho gayi tum toh!" He said, nudging her shoulder.

She didn't know which of his words to believe. Her mind said he was simply joking but her heart, her heart was fixated on the depth of his eyes and the honesty in his voice. But she decided to let it go for now. They both needed some time to get to know each other for who they really were and besides they were still young, they had a lot to achieve and all of these strange feelings could wait, for now, or could they?

"Earth to Sumo!" Shravan exclaimed.

"Haan?" She whispered.

"I can't sleep, hot chocolate?" He asked.

"I'll make it, just the way you like it." She smiled.

"And how do I like it?" Not that he thought she had forgotten but he simply wanted to hear from her, he felt loved, wanted, important.

"Drinking chocolate, Milk powder, A hint of Cocoa and powdered jaggery! Also, milk of course!" She beamed.

"Perfect!" He grinned adjusting his glasses. "I shall see you on the terrace!"

"I I Sir!" Saying she disappeared into the kitchen as he made his way to his favourite place of the house. 

Both were aware the other felt deeply. Both knew what happened a few moments ago was no practical joke, no prank. Whatever it was, may not have a name, but it was true. It was the truest feeling they had ever felt. She was his Sukoon and he was her every dream.

Sitting under the stars, 

Talking about everything under the sun, 

Sipping hot chocolate, 

Their souls knew the other; was the one.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Alors, c'est tout!

How was it? Did it give you Sukoon?

I borrowed a Shayari from our show wala Shravan and one I wrote for him. Did you like the poetry?

Also, Pappi recreated! I could never get over that reaction!

What did you like the most? Where do you see the story heading?

Do tell me in your comments below! I can't wait to hear from you guys!

Cheers! 

Zoya 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505 48 11
(Kidnapper Series - One) 1-) To be read as a stand alone. 2-) Happy ending assured. 3-) Mature themes included. But, still every age group can read...
4.4K 253 10
It Can Trigger You!⚠️ As you can see it's a sumaan ff. So if you don't like it then ignore. If you like it, WELCOME! 😈 This is probably gonna be my...
41.4K 3.5K 40
A girl is living with her maternal family after the tragic death of her parents, on a road accident. Her grandpa finds a suitable boy for her. Will...
1.2K 134 8
"I've loved a million girls but my love you were the only diamond among the stones. I love you like the moon loves the Earth." Ishaan Malhotra - 19yr...