In My Mind

De WrenSpellman

I used to be normal. I had a good life, kick-ass friends, and teachers hated me. Now, I'm stuck going to a sc... Mais

The Monster Within
Chapter I: The Day Before
Chapter II: Just a Dream
Chapter III: Sienna
Chapter IV: Mate's the Word
Chapter V: Lulu
Chapter VI: Think Human
Chapter VII: Putain
Chapter VIII: Non-Independance's End
Chapter IX: Seperation
Chapter X: Mates All Around
Chapter XI: Day One, Part One
Chapter XII: Day One, Part Two
Chapter XIII: Day Two, Part One
Chapter XIV: Day Two, Part Two
Chapter XV: Day Three, Part One
Chapter XVI: Day Three, Part Two
Chapter XVII: Day Four
Chapter XVIII: Day Five
Chapter XIX: Day Six
Chapter XX: Goodbye
Chapter XXI: Operation
Chapter XXII: Secrets
Chapter XXIII: Cars
Chapter XXIV: Bite Me
Chapter XXV: Bun in the Oven
Chapter XXVI: Hurting Hearts
Chapter XXVII: Occupancy
Chapter XXIX: Shift In Power
Chapter XXX: Caught In The Act
Chapter XXXI: The Guest
Chapter XXXII: Hard as Stone

Chapter XXVIII: Breathe

366 8 1
De WrenSpellman

{Text} means italic, for all you mobile readers.

Emerging from the bathroom was a little awkward. People were staring and whispering. Others were smiling knowingly. My face was hot with blush. Lucien, on the other hand, was grinning like a fool. His walk was confident and he didn't look the slightest bit angry. Grandpa was leaning against the car. I guess he moved it back over to his tent while we were in the bathroom. His arms were crossed and he was frowning.

"I really don't know what just happened." I blurted out.

Lucien slung an arm around my shoulder. "I could show you again."

"It's perfectly normal." Grandpa told me, ignoring Lucien's comment. "It eventually happens to every mated couple if they have spent a long time apart. It will happen a few more times before your wolves settle down."

Was this conversation really taking place? I covered my face with my hands. Suddenly, I was taken into darkness 

{I spun around, making sure not to make eye contact. "Dude, stop staring at me!"

The people around me stopped what they were doing and gawked at me, like they couldn't believe what I had just done. He walked up to me, a weird look on his face. He gently grasped my chin and made me look at him. I promptly closed my eyes, even though my whole body screamed in protest. I wanted to run away. I wanted to kick his ass for touching me. But I didn't; I couldn't.

Mine, something in me whispered. Mine... Mine...

"Hey, let go of my sister!" Stone snarled. He hated it when guys touched me.

"Open your eyes." Lucien pleaded. I expected him to order me to, not to plead.}

I was shaking, or rather, being shook. My blured vision cleared and I saw Lucien's worried face. His lips were moving, but I couldn't hear anything. I was dragged back into the dark.  

{I shook my head, still giggling as I escaped from Lucien's grasp and went back into my room. He followed me in and closed the door behind him. I crawled under my blankets and closed my eyes. My bed dipped under his weight.

"My bed is cold now." I complained, opening my eyes.

Lucien smiled. "You want me to-"

Before he could finish his sentance, I pulled him down and yanked the covers over our heads. I cuddled into his side and looked up at him. "There, that's much better."}

The vision shifted.

{ I slowly walked the rest of the way to Lulu's dorm. He told me that he would be here if I needed him. I knocked on the door softly. There were muffled voices from the other side of the door. A few more seconds passed before the door finally opened. Eddy stood there in all his cocky glory.

"Good evening. What can I help you with, Miss. Serenity Sin?" He asked.

I tipped my head to the side and cocked a hip. "What's your full first name?"

He mumbled something I didn't catch.

"What was that?"

"Edward!" He exclaimed, storming back into Lucien's room.

I laughed, stumbling in after him. "Edward? Really?"

Lucien sat up from his bed, a smile on his face. "I sense a lot of Twilight jokes in your future, Eddy."

He groaned and slumped down into a chair.}

I was back at the race tracks. My head was resting in Lucien's lap and Grandpa was leaning over me with an empty cup in his hand. My face was wet and a little cold. I could finally hear what Lucien was saying.

"Ser, you're really scaring me now."

"Sorry." I croaked.

He let out a relieved breath and pressed his lips to my forehead. "I was... I thought....I'm glad you're okay."

"What did you see?" I heard Grandpa ask.

Lucien helped me stand before I answered. I didn't bother asking how he knew I saw anything in the first place. I told him everything in detail, making sure not to leave a single thing out. "I guess you were right about me calling you Lulu, no matter how rediculous it sounds."

Lucien nodded. "I got used to you calling me it. Now that you're calling me by my full name, it sounds weird." He admitted.

"I think," Grandpa said, getting our attention, "that you two need to do some more things that you did in the past. Maybe it will bring forward some more memories."

I looked over at Lucien. "That would be all you, becuase I have no idea."

He nodded. "That would mean transfering schools again."

I gave him a questioning look.

"We would have to go back to the school all of your siblings go to."

"A private school?" I asked.

"A werewolf school." He corrected.

"You mean there are others?"

Lucien nodded. "I think its time we talked to your parents."

...:::Later:::...

"No."

"But--"

"No"

"Dad--"

"No."

No matter what Lucien and I said, Dad wouldn't agree to me going back to the other school. I'd resorted to yelling, but that didn't work. I tried throwing a fit. That didn't work either. My last chance was to hold my breath. I used to do that when I was younger to get what I wanted. I took a deep breath and held it in.

"Serenity, don't start that again." Dad warned.

I crossed my arms accross my chest.

"Victorian, just let her go." Mom said, getting her expected concerned expression.

"No! She will continue going to a human school where its safe." Dad said.

I could tell my face was turning red.

"She's going to damage her brain!" Mom exclaimed.

"Too late." I heard Stone mutter.

I didn't even bother to glare at him.

"Serenity, I order you to start breathing." Dad said in the voice that usually had me complying out of fear.

"Victorian, her face is turning purple!" Mom yelled.

"Ser, just keep going to human school. Its not that bad." Ashton said.

I started getting light headed. What was with Ashton? He was acting like Andon. Lucien gave me a worried look. He obviously didn't like what I was doing. A wave of dizziness swept over me. I could hold my breath for about two minutes before I passed out cold. I hadn't done it for a while, so it would be less than that. When Lucien tried supporting me so I wouldn't fall, I pushed him away.

"Ser," Dad started. I knew what came next, but I wasn't giving up so easily. I turned my nose up at him, knowing I wasn't going to like what he was going to say. "Serenity Ingred Sin!" He snapped, taking me by surprise.

The air in my lungs came rushing out. He did not just say my middle name. Dad knows better than anyone that I absolutly hate my middle name. He's never used it as long as I can remember. A saticefied expression settled over his face. I looked at him in horror. The whole room was silent. Everyone was trying to gauge my reaction. Tears welled in my eyes. My dad betrayed me, at least that's what it felt like. I sniffled, turning to Lucien. I could tell he wanted to do something about me crying, but I knew he couldn't.

All this crying, lately, made me feel like a baby. I hadn't cried this much in years. The miscarriage was the only exception to my crying. I even heard my mom cry, and she never does. I scrubbed my eyes, not wanting to cry in front of Lucien. I hiccuped and sniffled some more. Lucien went to wrap his arms around me, but I stopped him. I already knew this was going to be an ugly kind of crying. I didn't want him to be around while this happened.

I stared out the window, my neighbor's dog catching my attention. I rubbed the gauz on my arm. What I had to do clicked together at that moment. If I was going to get what I wanted, then I was going to have to stop listening to my dad. I locked gazes with Lucien, my tears stopped.

"Change me." I demanded.

*******************************************************************

Hey guys! Sorry about the long wait, I haven't been home.

Anywho, I know the chapter isn't long and isn't real exciting, but I wanted to get something out to you guys. Plus, this is leading to bigger and better things!

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN!!!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

337 22 20
I go to a High School named Phoenix High School. It's a change from being homeschool since fourth grade. I'm a freshmen, and completely forgetting ho...
785 83 34
I thought I was going to start off the year normal: Enjoy senior year, play varsity soccer, maybe even fall in love. Unfortunately, my life has chang...
Becoming Badass De awkwardtbh

Ficção Adolescente

74K 2.5K 27
Have you ever wanted to be the bad girl of the school? The girl who everyone fears, the girl who's hot yet freaking badass? Well so does Alex. It's...
2K 73 21
I am 17 and don't give two shits on what people say. I have been told what to do all my life but now I am the queen bee and all the bitches bow down...