Undesirable

By Monstrous_beauty

"Mother.. please I don't want to marry him" I pleaded to her. "You know Eve nothing can be done now" Sh... More

Ch 1 - Unwanted Wedding
Ch 2 - Humiliation & Pain
Ch 3 - In-Laws
Ch 4 - Unwanted touch
Ch 5 - Dark Side
Ch 6 - Haywire Emotions
Ch 7 - Masquerade Ball
Ch 8 - Assault &Trauma
Ch 9 - Way to keep her
Ch 10 - Contemplating
Ch 11 - Jealousy & Inner thoughts
Ch 12 - Ruminating Past
Ch 13 - Games of heart---The beginning
Ch 14 - Game of Hearts---First Romantic Dinner
Ch 15 -Game of the Hearts--- Persuasion
Ch 17 - Games of Heart -- Friendship & Hope
Ch 18 - Games of Heart -- Insecurities
Ch 19 - Games of Heart -- Hidden Motives
Ch 20- Games of Heart --New Feelings
Ch 21- Games of Heart-- Blind Trust
Ch 22- Games of Heart-- Jealousy & Rage
Ch 23 - Games of Heart-- All is lost
Ch 24 - Melancholy of Life
Ch 25 -- She chose someone else
Ch 26 - The New Dawn
Ch 27 - a New Ally
Ch 28 - A Distant Cousin
Ch 29 -- Kidnapped
Ch 30 - My Past
Ch 31 - The Lost Sweetheart
Ch 32 - Embracing True Self
Ch 33 - Dead trail
Ch 34 - The hidden Truth
Ch 35 - Life truths!!
Ch 36 - The choices you have
Ch 37 - Are you really Dead?
Ch 38 - Princess Lyna what's the next Plan?
Ch 39 - Dreams that keeps us Awake
Ch 40 - Arrival of the Devil

Ch 16 - Games of heart -- Meeting Strangers

8.8K 294 96
By Monstrous_beauty

"Sorry I never ate this much delicious food" I said looking at my plate.

He chuckled and said "Oh no worries precious I wanted you to enjoy your food that is the reason I brought you here".

Though I smiled but again his endearment made me cringe. I don't know what is going in his mind. But as of now I will be focusing on food so that I can work out how to ask him about our divorce.

Evelyn's POV

As I was eating I could feel Richard stealing glances at me while eating and when our eyes met he said " Evelyn we have good beaches here. Would you like to go on one today".

"Yes that would be good" I said.

After our breakfast as we sat in cab, though it was silence there. I could feel Richard looking at me more than often. I thought he would make a small talk but no he didn't. Soon we reached our room in hotel and after going through my suitcase I found that there were bikini which were all see through and not decent at all, for which I have to give credit to Richard's Secretary, Note the sarcasm and I could only think of cancelling going to beach but what reason would I give Richard and if I tell him about the swim suit he will make sure to fly me another country, that man's billionaire ego. And at this point I don't want to go anywhere. I like this place, it would have been good if I had come here with my friend but what can I say so far Richard has been a comfortable company.

I was still looking for when I found a white one it seemed bit better though if you ask it made me question whether I was willing to wear it.'

"Evelyn let's go" I heard Richard calling.

So seeing no other option I took it along with the black and white stripes dress I would be wearing after playing at the beach. Richard was quite till we reached the beach and he told me to go ahead and enjoy the waters while he made himself comfortable on a  chair near the beach.

I moved to ladies room and dressed myself in the only bikini I felt less revealing. After wearing it, it took me 20 mins to do pep talk to have courage to face people outside on the beach. while doing so I did remember the harsh words he said

"You are ugly and disgusting I don't know how I will have you off my back once you are of marriageable age"

I felt my eyes watering but no I have to do this for myself. I can't let my stepfather win and I know I am not beautiful but I am not ugly.

I made my way outside and the beach and the sun took my breathe away. It felt as if I could taste the freedom and I lift my hands in the air to feel the freedom. 

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the lustful gazes of the men on the beaches. Immediately I noticed the environment around me and it made me uncomfortable and I felt my face heating up in embarrassment. I felt like fleeing but the uncensored stares from them kept me glued to my place. I looked down at my feet when I felt myself getting pulled to a hard chest. I prepared myself to yell at the person but noticing Richard was surprising. But the glare that he threw at the people made me feel good. It was first time I had him protecting me and it kinda felt nice and without any hesitance I uttered the words to show my gratitude to him "Thank you Richard". 

I was about to move back to ladies room to get rid of my bikini when Richard dragged me to the waters to play and it was the first time I experienced myself happy with any other person apart from my family. I don't know what's going on in Richard's mind but I am thankful to him to give me some sweet memories. I can consider him as an acquaintance with whom I felt myself happy. This brought smile to my face.

We reached our hotel when we were informed that there is a dinner party hosted by the hotel due to the hotel anniversary.

I wanted to have a quiet evening but seems like Richard wanted to enjoy this. So when he told me "So Mrs. Evans what do you say, would you honor me by being my date tonight".

He was on his knees when he asked me this I could see he was excited so not to ruin a perfect day I agreed. I moved to my room immediately because I knew if I stood for a while then I will be tempted to change my mind and that would not be good for Richard.

While I was contemplating what to wear when I heard a knock on my door and Mr. Evans or Richard I should say handed me a package and gestured me to get ready. I opened it to find a black dress. Though I would have denied such dress on any other occasion but I felt I could hide my insecurities and for once do something for Richard who had been nice to me since we arrived. I curled my hair and got ready and I waited and went to the window in my room. Soon I heard a knock and opened the door when I saw Richard waiting for me.

I could see his eyes on me and my confidence falter because he didn't utter any words. I didn't have the courage to ask but then I don't need to worry about it because I know Richard wouldn't mind if I didn't look good because there are no media around and no media means I can relax. He offered his arms to me to escort me to the party. We arrived at the venue and the party was in full swing.

Richard gestured me to a table and pulled out a chair for me like he did the other day. I smiled at him and he was about to sit when we heard a voice calling "Richard... is it you?"

I looked at the source to notice Richard looking at me and then at her and seemed like he was debating but when she came near him he hugged her and the way they talked I could feel they were childhood buddies.

I could feel hesitation on Richard's face when she asked while smiling at me"Oh who is this lovely lady in black".

"Oh, she is Evelyn and Evelyn she is Kendall" Richard said.

"Hi Evelyn it's nice to meet you" She smiled but I could feel it was not genuine. Then she turned to Richard and then asked "But Richard I want to know who is she to you".

Hesitation on Richard's part made me blurt "Well I am his PA and he is my boss". I know he might be feeling low since I am his wife, a plain Jane and he was friends with a supermodel and he was debating how to introduce me to her.

The shock on Richard's face told me that he was surprised by my answer and when Kendall said"Oh.. and here I thought you are his girlfriend and he forgot to tell me".

"Well, I am not" I answered smiling a small smile but then she frowned "But if she is your PA then what the hell are you doing here in BoraBora as if you are on vacation with your GF or on honeymoon with your wife".

I saw Richard clenching his fingers into a fist so I said another lie to cover up"mm... Mam sir is actually hiding from media or I must say a crazy woman who is after him".

"Oh... but you are not off the hook, Richard you have to tell me details about this crazy woman" She said holding his forearm possessively.

"Mam... Mam" A man came and called her.

"Oh, Sammy what is it? Can't you see I am busy" she said.

"Mam Mr. Carlos is waiting for you in his office to sign the agreement papers before we enjoy the party" He said.

She nodded and then said "Richard I will be back and I am going to enjoy this party with you".

As she left, Richard immediately went tense then he turned towards me and asked "What was that Evelyn"

"What was what Mr. Evans" I said innocently.

"You know what I am asking?" He said with clenched jaws.

"Well since you were feeling uncomfortable... I thought " I said when he cut me off and said "Do you know in how much trouble I will be with Kendall now when she will come to know that you are my wife and not PA and what was the need for you to lie" He asked.

I could not understand what is the trouble he is talking about. I gathered that she is his friend but we will be divorced soon so it won't even matter.

"I...." I was about to answer when Kendall came back and dragged Richard somewhere. I released a sigh of relief. It totally freaked me out when Mr. Evans got angry.

I waited for them to come back but seems like Kendall had no intention of bringing my husband back. I looked at them and I could feel those two looked like a good couple.

I was in my thoughts when I felt someone pulling the chair in front of me and making themselves comfortable and when I looked at them I was shocked.

"Missed me Love" He said smiling mischievously.

The shock of seeing him beside me rendered me speechless and when I didn't utter anything. 

"Think you did not because seems like you missed to mention that you are coming on honeymoon here with my brother" he said smiling while trying to hold my hands. 

I felt suffocated in his presence but I knew I had to be careful so I said"Excuse me" and was about to get up when he held my wrist and said "I don't think you want to create a scene here love. You know media is all around and you wouldn't want to be on the front page tomorrow".

I looked in the direction he gestured and looked down and contemplated on what I can do now. I was scared of him and I was scared of Richard seeing him with me. I nervously smoothed my dress when he said "Love you don't need to be so tense in my presence. I understand that he didn't share this plan with you and I do understand you are worried that he will see us together".

I looked at him and thought am I too obvious.

"Don't worry love he will be busy for the whole night. After all, he had one of the best models perched on his arms" He said smirking and looking at the direction where Kendall and Richard were having a conversation with some other men.

I could see she was the life of the party, she made people engaged and Mr. Evans deserve a wife like her who could charm the people, not someone like me who is boring and Moreover I won't be with him for long.

"Hey love earth to..." I heard Steven say. "What are you thinking" He asked.

"I.. I need to go to the washroom" I said and got up not giving him chance to hold me back and moved towards the Ladies room. I knew Steven would follow but I didn't care.

I went inside and was relieved when I found there were ladies inside and there is no way Steven would make entry since I was not alone. But I hoped in vain because I saw Steven entering the room when one of the women shouted "Oh.. man can't you leave your woman when she is in the restroom".

"Sorry, it's just my wife was not well I didn't notice I was just worried" He said and left immediately. I felt anger because there was no way I am ever going to be his wife.

I felt all the ladies looking at me then they smiled and said "You are lucky to have a man like him, your husband is so caring".

I wanted to yell that he is not my husband, but there was no sense in telling them that since they are strangers. I washed my face and refreshed my make up and once done I was thinking whether to leave or not when the women left one after another. Then I saw a lady who left earlier came back and said "I guess you had an argument with your husband and I know because you were tensed but seems like he went for a drink and this is the right time to sneak out and make him suffer for some time if you want to" she said smiling and left winking at me.

I sighed in relief and went out and made sure to avoid Steven and made my way to the balcony and the fresh air from there really eased the tension. I was enjoying my alone time when I realized a presence behind me.

I very much braced myself for enraged Steven or Richard and said "Look I know you are angry but..." I stopped when I noticed it was a stranger.

"Interesting... I never knew this is how we make small talk nowadays" He said smirking.

I felt irritated and kept quiet and when he realized I am not going to talk so he said again "Who is angry with such a beautiful woman as you Cara... I guess must be someone stupid" He said.

"Excuse me do I know you and how dare you call him stupid" I said. I don't know why but he irked me and I wanted to be rude to him. 

"Not yet but you will now and I must say Cara I am a very daring man " He said smirking. I ignored him so he took the opportunity to  walk towards me and suddenly took my hand in his hands and kissed the back of it and said "I am Ivan Carlos and you are..."

He looked at me expectantly but I just pulled my hand from his grip annoyed and said "Look sir... I don't know what you are thinking about me. But I would say, stay away from me".

I tried to walk away when he caught my wrist and said "Cara.. I think you are the most beautiful woman I have laid my eyes on"

This caught me off guard but after recovering from the shock I responded "Well I guess you are trying your lines on the wrong girl".

"Feisty I like it and still alone here " He asked raising his brow at me.

  "I don't think that is any of your business" I said and tried pulling my hand but he tightened his grip.

I was getting irritated by this man and said clenching my jaws "I wonder what would people say about you when they see you harassing a woman".

 He smiled and said "But you know what makes me wonder, what a beautiful lady such as yourself was doing alone here".

"Guess what ?? none of your business" I said annoyed and tried pulling away from my him but he held me by my waist and said "No one's ever brushed me how you did, you wound me, Cara. But  I am a gentleman and seeing that you are not planning to be here let's dance". 

Without giving me a moment to resist, he dragged me to the dance floor and since the media was around and I didn't want to create a scene so I let him. But before he could take a position on the dance floor I told him "Mr. I don't know how to dance"

"No issues Cara... Follow my lead" He said bringing me closer and placing his hand on my waist.

I don't know but even though this stranger brought me on the dance floor I didn't feel afraid or awkward with him like I do with Steven or Richard. I was even able to follow his lead and for once I felt I could dance.

After some time I felt as if someone was staring when I found Steven's intense gaze on me. "Hmm.. Looks like your boyfriend is jealous Cara..." Ivan whispered.

"He is not my boyfriend" I said through clenched teeth.

"If he is not then I am glad because that means.." He leaned to whisper in my ear but I cut him off and said "If I do not have a boyfriend that means I am married" looking directly in his eyes.

He looked at me and I could see he had a hard time believing that I was married. "You are married..." he repeated

I nodded and showed him my left hand, my wedding ring.

He chuckled and then said "And here I thought I found the perfect girl to spend rest of my life".

"Well, you thought wrong" I said smiling this time and seems like he was still in shock because even when the song came to an end he stood still so I whispered "Better luck next time".

I moved away from him and since the excitement, I felt from the night so far was so overwhelming I went to have a drink.

As I was having the fruit punch I felt a presence next to me and when I turned I saw Richard looking at me worriedly and then he asked "Evelyn... where were you? I have been searching for you when I came back to our table I didn't find you. I was worried".

I didn't want to lie to him so I said "Richard.. Steven's here". When he heard that he dragged me out of the party and straight to our room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 117 25
On his death bed my father had one wish, or two in my perspective. First that i try to live a peaceful life, one he couldn't ever dream of. Second t...
1M 27.2K 81
He said smiling "You stop worrying about your sister and worry about yourself. You have said that today is my marriage but I have made a slight chang...
1.2M 36.8K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
1M 48K 108
His cold eyes moved from my face to all over my white lace dress with a clenched jaw. I felt weak in my knees but I was successful in keeping my brav...