The Maid of Wedgemore

By JustAlilfan

Wars, conquers, conflicts, blood and soil have always been part of the Continental Kingdoms. Stonegate is con... More

The beginning
What really happened?
A visit from Skeldergate
Preparations
A royal ball
The unexpected
Anger and concern
Secret plans or no plans at all?
The person with a long cloak
Uncertainties
The plan is ongoing
Please, do not fall
Treason
Diana
Thea's secrets
Thrones
Princess of Wedgemore
Stories of the past
Thea's fate
Stonegate has fallen
A storm is coming
Robert always told that...
Making Plans
The other maid
Escape
What's our destination?
Yours
Home
The kindgom never fell
Falling apart ?
Sneak around
Stimulus
It is only fire if it burns
Stay
Bittersweet Victory
Wreckage
Council reunited
The Princess of Wedgemore

Unexpected

290 10 3
By JustAlilfan

Everyone welcomed a nice dinner after all the tears and hugs after those long months full of uncertainties.

Diana was glad Queen Beatrix seemed to really like her and welcomed her as her own daughter. She feared she might get doubts of this sudden relationship her son had gotten into, which would only be normal. She knew there were many women who would kill to have a Prince like that and the possibility of sitting in a throne. But Beatrix did not seem to have doubts. Diana guessed she knew her son better than anyone else and could see in his eyes how everything between them was pure and sincere.

Both talked for a really long time, Diana told the Queen her entire story and how about all the events after she met the Prince. She noticed Robert was fully concentrated in a conversation with Thomas, Charles and two other men she could not quite remember who they were.

Diana also noticed the maids did not seem to be treated as so anymore. They had the right to their own meal and not all of them worked anymore. Some helped serving the dinner because they wanted to, some joined everyone and some simply stood in their corner, eating by themselves.

She also noticed the room was really big, but had no other division connected to it. Everyone slept there, everyone had chosen their own corner. Well, with all this war going on, it was actually a great space to be safe. And they were more than thankful to have food for everyone.

“So, my boy has been treating you well?”

Diana smiled, looking at the Queen “More than well, your highness. Robert is simply amazing” She proudly said

She could see the Queen’s eyes shining in happiness “You have no idea how happy and thankful to you I am, dear Diana” she smiled widely “and please, call me Beatrix”

“Oh, uh… sure your… Beatrix” Diana smiled

“So…” Both of them noticed Robert approaching them, kissing Diana’s forehead “I see you are getting along well?” he smiled happily

“Yes, honey, Diana is an amazing lady”

Robert smiled “I know that, very well” he smiled at her

“I just… wanted to thank you for receiving me here so well”

“Oh, my dear, this is your house now” Beatrix smiled

Diana felt overwhelmed, she could not have asked for more. And, even though she wanted justice made in Wedgemore, she could not help but feel like home is where her heart was. And that was wherever Robert was.

Robert held her hand tightly “I love you”

“I love you too, Robert” Diana smiled

Beatrix smiled, watching the couple

“So, Robert” she asked “What were you talking with the council men, there?”

Robert glanced at her, taking a deep breath “Just making plans, mother. I want to spread the word to every remaining soldier that I am here and preparing a battle. I need to make sure it remains a secret until we decide to attack, though” Robert explained

The Queen nodded “Everything needs to be planned by detail and carefully”

“I know, mother. I will make sure of that” He smiled

They stood there, talking for some more minutes until they noticed people were starting to leave the spot to go rest. Two maids were cleaning the table as the others were already preparing to sleep.

“Some of them are worried about their families” The queen said, looking at them.

Robert glanced at their spot, noticing Jasmine, once again. She seemed to be so different. The same, yet different. That was the best he could explain.

He had not seen her leaving her spot ever since he had arrived, she would always remain sat in a corner with other maids or lying down, asleep.

“It is only normal” Diana said

“Yes” The Queen looked at Robert, knowing where he was looking at

“You should go and talk to her, I have always told you this” The Queen said

Robert glanced at her “There is nothing to be said, mother. I have never forced her to anything, much less forced her to…” he gulped

Diana frowned, not understanding the conversation “Forced her to what? Who?” She looked at the Prince

He took a deep breath, looking at her “It is nothing, Princess. It is past, I promise you”

Queen Beatrix looked at him, unsure of his decision.

She had watched the poor maid crying over him for long months, not leaving her spot, isolating herself from everybody.

“I am going to lie down, both of you should also get some rest” she stood up, kissing Robert’s forehead “We will talk tomorrow”

“Good night, mother” Robert said, before picking Diana up in his arms

“Robert!” she giggled, watching him walk with her to a far spot where some improvised bed and sheets were ready for them

“I am sorry that I cannot provide you the best bed in the castle right away. I will soon” he smiled, kissing her.

She smiled, her heart melting.

But she had not forgotten the weird conversation with his mother yet. She waited until both were comfortable to ask him.

Everyone was already asleep, but they were far and only whispering.

“What was that conversation before, with your mother, Robert?”

Robert looked at her, sadly “Diana, really… I…”

“Just tell me, Robert. You can tell me anything”

“It is past, Diana. I promise. I do not want us to fight over this”

“If it is past, I could never fight about it, Robert”

He took a deep breath “Jasmine… the young beautiful maid…” he whispered “I… well, you know how I was before, Diana” He looked at her

She nodded “So, both of you had something”

“Well, I was not particularly a… one woman man…” He bit his lip, as if embarrassed of himself “And… Well, Jasmine lived at the castle. It was not just a one-time thing, you now”

Diana looked at him, waiting for the rest

“I never forced her to anything, Diana. Ever. I am not that kind of man!” he said “Apparently she…”

“Fell in love with you”

Robert looked at her, unsure “Yes”

“You cannot blame her”

Robert looked at her “How could she fall in love with me when I just… used her? I mean…”

Diana looked at him, a small smile on her face “I cannot blame her, you are… well, you. I agree with your mother, it does not hurt to go, talk to her, explain everything. Apologize” she smiled, caressing his hair “You think I would get mad at you for this?”

He took a deep breath “I do not know, Diana. I just… I do not want to fight with you over something like this. It is my past… I am not proud of it. But I am not like that anymore”

She smiled “That is more than enough for me, Robert. I am proud of you” She kissed him

A smile finally appeared on his lips “I love you”

“And I love you, Prince”

“I might think about it and go talk to her, tomorrow or so”

He smiled, kissing her passionately.

After that, both finally allowed the exhaustion to take over their bodies and fell into a deep sleep.

The next morning came in a hurry. Both immediately heard everyone talking and sensed them wandering around,

Diana smiled as she felt Robert’s lips kissing all over her face.

“Good morning, my Princess”

“Good morning, my Prince”

“Slept good?”

“Great” she looked at him “You are a great pillow… and blanket” she smiled

He chuckled “I will not forget that”

She sat on the bed, watching her Prince as he stared at her intensely “What?”

“You are beautiful, just that” He smiled

She smiled widely, dropping her body again to kiss him

“I am hungry” Robert said a few moments later “What about we get up and have something to eat? I also want to make some more detailed plans with the men”

Diana smiled and nodded at him “I could use some food as well”

Diana quickly noticed the days there were really quiet, as if all of them were waiting for something that would never come, hiding in fear of what was outside in the world.

It was boring for her.

She was used to do something. Her entire life she had worked hard, she never stopped. Sometimes she did not have the time to sleep, even.

In there, she had more than time to rest and sleep.

She kept next to the Queen and even met some other ladies, the wives of the council’s men.

By the end of the day, before dinner, she found herself in a really boring conversation about jewels and dresses between the ladies. It was not that she did not like those, but she never had those. She was a simple maid her entire life, she never grew to enjoy those conversations.

So she decided to go and talk to the maids, and she had a lot more fun.

She immediately got to know who Jasmine was and, hell, she was indeed a beautiful woman. But she had been lying down, with her sheet covering her body, the entire day.

She could only guess how she felt, seeing her there with the Prince she felt in love with.

But she was afraid she could not do anything about it.

Robert was her man.

Before she knew, she saw Robert approaching her “Hello there, Princess” he smiled “Enjoyed the day?”

She smiled “It is a little bit boring in here, but I had a good time”

He smiled, kissing her forehead “I might go there now” he whispered, glancing at Jasmine

She smiled at him, nodding “Love you”

“Love you too, Princess” he kissed her before approaching Jasmine

“Hello, Jasmine” he sat on the floor, next to her

Her eyes widened, not expecting him to do that. And definitely not expecting him to sit on the floor

“H-Hello”

“You are different, Jasmine” he said

She never replied

“You do not leave your spot, you wear long and large clothes, you do not talk to anyone, almost”

She looked away as he continued

“You were not like this. You quite enjoyed to dress nicely and show your beautiful body. That got me crazy, back then” he smiled at her

She blushed, her eyes got watery

“Look, Jasmine…” he took a deep breath “I am so sorry for everything. I am sorry for the way I behaved with you. You really did not deserve that”

She looked at him, still surprised

“D-Do not apologize, my Prince” she stammered “You never f-forced me to anything”

He smiled “I know, but still… I am feeling bad about it”

She half smiled, between her tears “You are different, too”

He smiled widely “Yes. Indeed. Do not tell that to anyone, though. I need to keep my reputation”

She chuckled “Your secret is safe with me”

“I just want to be in good terms”

“We are” She smiled at him

“Good” The Prince was prepared to stand up, when another young maid, who Robert recognized as Jasmine younger sister

“Tell him, Jas. You cannot hide it anymore!” she snapped.

Robert raised his eyebrow and looked at her “Wow, you are taller and… grown” he smiled, standing up “Tell me what?”

Jasmine cried “Go away, sister! Shut up”

Diana immediately noticed the uproar and took a few steps closer

“What am I supposed to know?”

Jasmine younger sister furiously took the sheet off Jasmine body, and her large cloths, in the position she was in, were not able to hide her growing belly.

The Prince’s eyes widened.

And so did Diana’s.

Hey!

So here's a longer chapter!

I am sorry I did not update in a long time!

Please comment and vote!

Love,

Carly*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.2K 58
"14 years ago...I had an affair with Lord Grantham. You are not Lady Grantham's child." "We just want you to know that the whole of England will be y...
12K 212 7
One shots of Natasha for all the girlies! 🔞Mature content so read at your own discretion. You are responsible for what you read on the internet. Sm...
223K 2.5K 106
Sometimes being the daughter of Robert Downey Jr can be hard. There were times when Bellatrix spent her nights wishing that she had any father beside...
35.6K 615 60
Y/N Y/L/N girlfriend of Elizabeth olsen, an artist and an actor in love, but what happens when they fall out of love? what happens when they both mee...