Dancing With Angels BoyxBoy(R...

Від HavenLeeAngelus

What if Angels and Demons were real as well as other creatures of myth and legend, but our knowledge of them... Більше

Dancing With Angels Chapter 1
Dancing With Angels Chapter 2
Dancing With Angels Chapter 3
Dancing With Angels Chapter 5
Dancing With Angels Chapter 6
Dancing With Angels Chapter 7
Dancing With Angels Chapter 8
Dancing With Angels Chapter 9
Dancing With Angels Chapter 10
Dancing With Angels Chapter 11
Dancing With Angels Chapter 12
Dancing With Angels Chapter 13
Dancing With Angels Chapter 14
Dancing With Angels Chapter 15
Dancing With Angels Chapter 16
Dancing With Angels Chapter 17
Dancing With Angels Chapter 18
Dancing With Angels Chapter 19

Dancing With Angels Chapter 4

16.8K 366 28
Від HavenLeeAngelus

***Cassie's POV***

The first time I had met Jason was in the third grade, it was recess and there was a group of kids gathered near one of the walls. I remembered sliding through the group to its center, what I saw made my breath catch in my throat; a statue had come to life and was fighting a group of boys. At least that was my first thought, even then Jason moved gracefully which made the sight all the harder to grasp. No one cheered everyone simply watched in horror, well almost everyone because I was completely captivated by the statue.

Then one of the boys finally landed a punch, Jason's head twisted to the side and blood splattered to the ground. Suddenly arms surrounded Jason and he was restrained as the other boys punched and kicked him, though it didn't last long. I charged at them screaming as loudly as I could, they turned in surprise as I leapt onto the boy closest to me. Granted I mostly just smacked him, still he was crying by the time I was done, I was about to attack another when the teacher sounded the whistle. Everyone but Jason and I ran away, I stood staring at him the blood dripping down his chin from his lip, the scrapes and bruises covering his angelic face.

I held my hand out offering him a napkin I had been holding onto, he stared at it for a while before finally taking it. He sniffed it twice before holding it up against his lip; his eyes were just starting to harden at that age. The pain in his eyes shook me to my core, to this day I still remember that feeling it was like my very soul had cried out. I swallowed and took a step toward him, with my hand extended I took another step but he retreated quickly pressing his back against the wall.

"I don't want to hurt you." He grunted, as if something I had said was ludicrous, still I couldn't leave him there, it felt wrong to abandon him.

"My name is Cassie." This time I stood in my place and held my hand out, slowly Jason stepped toward me keeping his eyes locked on my own.

"I'm Jason." His voice was soft and innocent sounding; it was then that I decided that Jason wasn't a statue, he was an angel.

"Want to be friends?" He nodded slowly, and finally took my hand; his eyes didn't look so filled with pain anymore, we walked hand in hand back into school.

From that day on we were friends, years seemed to fly by and before I knew it I was head over heels in love with Jason. We were the outcast at school, though Jason wasn't the victim any more, now he was the beast of Moonridge High. It took a long time for me to act on my feelings for Jason, then I had tried to kiss him and he had evaded me quickly, asking what I was doing. I remembered swallowing hard and trying to approach him again, there was fear in his eyes; it was something I had never seen before. Still I pressed forward with caution, moving slow so not to make him react in a negative manner.

"Please, don't do this Cass." I was only inches away from his lips; I looked up into his eyes they were burning with an intensity I wasn't used too.

"It's the next step Jase; we're perfect for each other. You understand me, inside and out you know what I'm thinking before I even say it. I love you, I've always loved you Jason and I know you love me too, I see it your eyes." He closed his eyes, and when he opened them I saw the pain that I hadn't seen in years, once again it shook me.

"I love you, I do but I can't be with you like you want, I'm gay Cass." The words carried with them the force to shatter all my hopes and dreams in one swift motion, yet the look in his eyes caught me and held me tightly.

"Are you sure?" I knew it was stupid to ask, but it just didn't make sense to me at all I had never once suspected he was gay.

"Yeah, I've been sure for a while now." Nodding was the only reply I trusted enough to give him, I could still see the fear as he closed the distance between us.

"I'm sorry Cass, I should have told you sooner, but I was so afraid I would lose you." I stopped him from talking by placing my hand over his mouth; he looked to be on the verge of madness. There was fear and untold pain in his eyes, it hurt me to see him in such a state that I knew I couldn't hurt him for anything in the world. I knew there was only one true path to take now, I would stand by his side and protect him with everything I had so I would never have to see that look in his eyes again.

"You will never lose me Jase, never." I hugged him tightly, he reminded of the statue I had once thought he was, but slowly he returned my hug his body relaxing, softening.

Now as I stare at him in his hospital bed I find myself in a state of shock, even though a week has passed since he first fell to sleep. So many things had taken place while I remained at his side, alone with him, I came to understand far more than my heart could really bare. His father hadn't even stepped inside to see him, just came by and signed papers that authorized the doctors and nurses to keep him alive at any cost. Besides that he had added me to the list of people that were cleared to enter his room then he left without a backward glance.

The move had started the flow of memories as I tried to recall a single moment where Drake had actually acted like Jason's father. It took too little time to realize that the only things I knew about Drake had come from Jason it made me wonder if any of it had been real. Not that I thought Jason was lying to me, but to himself so he could believe that his father was proud of him and loved him. I started questioning every bruise I had ever seen on Jason, it made me shutter at the thoughts that were now storming through my mind.

"Ms. Kindred there's a young man out here that says he's needs to speak with you, that it's very important." I stood and walked out into the hall, I saw Mark standing several feet away he looked so sad and nervous.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner, they just released me from custody and cleared me of any wrong doing at least for now." His eyes were red, I could tell he had been crying recently but he stood up straight and held my gaze.

"Can I see him?" Mark's voice broke as a woman came up behind him placing her hand on his shoulder in a supportive manner.

"I don't know if they'll let you Mark, you have to be on a list or the guard won't let you come in, even the doctors and nurses have to pass a check." He nodded as his shoulders slumped in defeat, though the tears were a surprise as they silently slid down his face.

"Who do we have to talk to get on the list?" The woman spoke calmly; her face was a mask of control except for the tears that hadn't fallen yet.

"Drake, Jason's father is the first person you would have to talk too, and then you might be able to get in if the police allow it." Mark walked past me toward Jason's room; the guard stood up from his chair instantly blocking the door that lead into the room.

"Mark, calm down baby, we'll go find his father and get him to add us to the list." A moment later Mark put his hand against the window to Jason's room, the blinds were pulled so no one could see inside. I was thankful for that at the moment; it was good that Mark couldn't see Jason for all the machines that were hooked up to him. Currently Jason was on full life support, he hadn't moved since it had all started a week ago, there was only slight brain activity.

"I'll give you his address, he's not here." I wrote the address down and handed it to who I assumed was Mark's mother; she took it and went to collect Mark.

"How bad is it? The news doesn't have much information; all they said was that he's comatose." Mark's mother stopped dead in her tracks, she looked to me as if begging me to lie to him to show some form of mercy.

"I can't discuss that Mark, I'm sorry but that's part of the reason the news stations don't have much information. Go talk to Drake; ask him if he can add you to the list." Mark walked toward the guard who closed the door as he approached; he stopped short of the chair the officer had been sitting in.

"I really need to see him, please just for a minute you can hand cuff me, walk me in with your hand on my neck and gun drawn. I promise I won't say anything to anyone; I just have to see him if only for a moment, I need to see him alive." Mark was openly crying, his voice cracking and breaking as he spoke, his whole body had a tremor running through it.

"Mark, they can't break their rules baby, they're just trying to protect Jason that's all they want to do, come on now let's go find his father." A moment later Mark was on his knees in front of the guard, his head bowed low to the ground.

"Please, just let me see him." It broke my heart to watch him, but I knew where he was because I had been there myself before I had been granted access.

"Come on baby, you have to be strong right now, you have to be strong for Jason, the sooner we find his dad the sooner we can see him." Mark finally nodded and stood, he followed his mother out of the hospital with his head hung low. After taking a few minutes to regain my composure I walked back into Jason's room and took my place by his side. I sat with Jason for close to an hour before I finally reasoned with myself enough to bargain with him, with the only thing I could think to say.

"He's in love with you Jase, I can see it even if I can't interfere you have to wake up now he's not going to take seeing you like this well." I heard a small commotion near the door, I moved quickly toward the door ready to lock it if I needed too.

"He's my grandson; I demand to speak with a doctor immediately." Slowly I opened the door and slid out closing it behind me, the old woman that faced off against the guard looked nearly harmless.

"Who is this girl and why does she have access to the spectacle and I don't; this is ridiculous where is his doctor or your superior?" For an old woman she appeared to have a lot of spirit, not only that but a strength that didn't quite make sense. She was small but took up a lot of space, it was like an ominous cloud hung around her, she didn't look frail either she looked strong.

"My name is Cassie Kindred I'm a friend of Jason's I was added to the list the night he was admitted, you said you were his grandmother?" The old woman looked a bit shocked as she walked toward me more swiftly than I would have imagined her being able to.

"Is he in pain? Does his life hang by a thread?" I stared at her, there was a gleam in her eyes that didn't match the rest of her demeanor; I felt threatened by her.

"He's in a coma, I don't think he's in any pain, at least I hope not." The woman sighed and then turned her attention to the nurses station, though she glanced over shoulder once and smiled at me.

"That's a real pity." She walked away quickly pushing me further into my state of shock, I couldn't believe what I had just heard. I watched as she presented her identification to a nurse, then she withdrew papers from a small black bag that hung at her side.

"This is his birth certificate, as well as his mothers, as you can clearly see I am his grandmother and I demand to see Jason now." My mouth began to go dry, I turned entering the room and locking the door behind me, I was not going to let that woman in the room. I pressed all my weight against the door and held myself there preparing for anyone that tried to get in; she couldn't see Jason like this. Something told me that everything hinged on her lack of information; under no circumstance could she enter this room.

"Ms. Kindred we need you to unlock the door now, we need to bathe Jason and check his vitals, Ms. Kindred please don't make us get the key." I stood slowly and unlocked the door, on the other side a nurse stood with one doctor behind her, they were smiling.

"Could you please step out here, you know the routine." I nodded and did as they requested even though everything in my heart screamed for me not to let them enter.

"I'm sorry, I thought that woman was going to force her way in." They looked at me like I was crazy, but they didn't know, they couldn't see past that woman's facade.

"Well, she's in the waiting room, maybe you should join her for a moment while we run some test and get him cleaned up." I didn't want to join her, but I felt that I had little choice; I had to know what kind of risk this woman was to Jason.

"Aren't you sweet, keeping Jason company while he's injured, are you his girlfriend?" The honey that dripped from her lips concerned me more than the venom I had heard moments ago.

"No, I'm just his best friend we've known each other for a long time now." She nodded and positioned herself so she was facing me fully; she looked like a very nice old lady who was very concerned with her grandson's health. The only problem was that I knew better than that, although Jason hadn't said much he had said enough to put me on guard where this woman was concerned.

"So tell me dear, what kind of condition is Jason in? The news said he was in a coma, possibly on life support, but you can never really be certain of those sources." I tried to think quickly, I had to give her an answer, but I didn't think she would buy the same deflection that I had used on Mark.

"I don't think I'm supposed to talk to you about that, the police officer said I wasn't to talk to anyone not on the list about Jason's condition." I swallowed as her face changed from concern to anger, her features tightened as she tilted her head.

"He warned you didn't about me didn't he?" My nod was all she needed to drop the whole act; slowly she stood and stepped in front of me a smile now plastered on her face.

"You can't save him now; he's going to pay for his crimes this time around I won't let this chance just slip through my fingers." Her hands looked like talons as she flexed her fingers in a claw like manner; I stood up facing her trying to restrain my desire to attack her.

"How can you hate him so much?" Her eyes seemed to twinkle as her smile finally reached her eyes; her eyes held nothing but malice and contempt.

"He killed my daughter, and I'll have justice one way or another; he'll pay for taking her away from me with his very life." The confidence in her voice scared me more than the actual words; she was dead serious about killing Jason.

"You should leave, you're not welcome here." She laughed loudly before the smile returned to her lips in full force, she shook her head slowly.

"You're in love with him, that's so sweet of you; let me tell you a secret though that love will choke you as his last breath whispers past his lips." I swung at her, but she moved far too quickly and gracefully for my fist to land, she was several feet away from me a smile still on her lips.

"I'll kill you if you try to harm one hair on his head." She shook her head and laughed lowly before stepping toward me again, I blinked and she stood before me again; I nearly fell back into the chair.

"You don't have what it takes to injure me child, understand this, say your farewells and kiss him good bye one last time. Because when I come back here, it will be to take his life from him and see him pay for all his crimes against my great family." I heard the roar before I saw him running toward the old woman; she looked caught off guard by Mark's appearance. He had leapt into the air, his body soaring through the air, she moved in just enough time to dodge the flying side kick. A moment later Mark was on the ground spinning with his foot extended trying sweep the old woman's legs out from under her. She did the most amazing flip I had ever seen, she landed in a kneeling position her arms extended outward from her sides.

"You won't touch him." Mark charged again, she evaded him with the grace of truly skilled marital artist I didn't even know if Jason stood a chance against this woman in his prime.

"You've got some spunk in you, very well done indeed boy, I haven't gotten this worked up in years, come on show me what you got." I watched as Mark tried to accommodate her, his fist and legs flying toward her in combos I had only seen Jason use. Still Mark couldn't land a single hit though, as fast as he was she was faster still, her smile never leaving her face.

"What the hell are you?" Mark's chest swelled as he sucked in large amounts of air, he was sweating profusely as he stood in front of her.

"Jason's grandmother, I would have liked to have met you on better circumstances, you're a real charmer are you in love with him too?" The words seemed to stun Mark; his mother stood several feet away her hand over her mouth in shock and confusion.

"I should go, I have people to see, arrangements to make I'm sure I can convince Drake to do the right thing and let Jason enter his eternal slumber. Though it won't be as painful as I would like, it will have to do, just as long as he dies in the end that's all that matters to me." Everyone was stunned except Mark's mother who approached the old woman with caution, she eyed Mark's mother with caution of her own.

"You will not harm him; I don't know why you would want too to begin with, Jason is the sweetest boy I've ever met outside of my own son. He's your daughter's final gift to you, he's meant to be cherished and loved beyond reason or condition, she died giving birth to him how can you wish him dead?" Now the crone was only inches away from Mark's mother, if I hadn't kept my eyes open I wouldn't have seen the how swiftly she had moved.

"She didn't die having him, she took her own life the moment she saw the abomination she had brought into this world. Diana never wanted him to begin with, but our laws forbid an abortion of our direct blood line, he had to be born. Thankfully this gives me a chance to correct a long overdue mistake, he isn't fit to live in my opinion he should have died before he was born. At least then I would still have my Diana, and she would have taken my place at the head of the family where she belonged." The woman's speech took my breath away, it took everyone's breath away Mark simply stared his mouth hanging open.

"That little bastard ruined my daughter's life, and then he took her life from her with his mere presence, his appearance so hideous that I can barely stand to look at him without vomiting. I can only imagine the horror my daughter suffered when they laid him in her arms, the shock that must have rolled through her body." The crone shook her head in genuine disgust, while I felt faint finally understanding not only her hatred but the source of Jason's torment. His childhood must have been pure hell the things that she must have said to him would have left wounds no length of time could heal.

"You're completely insane, you belong in the crazy ward, and no one in their right mind would let you near Jason ever again, you don't deserve him." Mark's mother was shaking her head, her hand over hovering over my mouth as if she had just met the living embodiment of pure evil.

"Abigail?" Everyone's attention turned to Drake who looked a mess, he smelled of liquor and musk, with the faint trace of a woman's perfume. The crone turned around suddenly, her eyes seeming to shift almost instantly, the tension faded from her face.

"Just the man I need to see, and it looks like you're up to your old antics again, it's good to see you Drake, have you been well?" Abagail's whole personality had changed, now she resembled the kind old lady she should have been instead of the heartless creature she really was.

"Well enough, I came to add Evelyn and her son to the list, what's going on here?" I would have spoken had I been able too; it felt like something was keeping me silent like my vocal cords were being restricted.

"Nothing too important, just a friendly chat, we need to talk in private Drake, I believe I have an offer you won't be able to refuse." No one moved an inch as she walked away with Drake, as she rounded the corner I fell to the chair behind me. I felt like I was finally free of whatever had been keeping me still, Evelyn and Mark looked beyond terrified.

"She's not human, she can't be." Evelyn voiced what I refused to completely accept, but it was the only thing that made sense now, but it didn't make sense at the same time.

"I couldn't move an inch, couldn't talk even though I tried, how is this possible?" Evelyn now sat down, I could see her logic trying to force its way through and make sense of the senseless events that had just occurred. My own mind struggled to accept the impossible, a woman as old as dirt had not only evaded every single attack launched against her. She then stopped us from speaking, from moving a single inch as she convinced Drake to walk away with her. This was unheard of, people couldn't do that to other people it just wasn't possible, stuff like that just couldn't happen.

"I must have just been so shocked that I couldn't move or speak, that has to be it, and she was just so stunning in her conviction and hatred that she stunned me senseless." Evelyn countered the evidence with the only logic her mind could accept, Mark had already begun moving toward the door to Jason's room.

"We have to get him out of here, he's not safe anymore we have to hide him now, before she comes back to kill him." Mark mumbled as he stalked toward the room, his eyes looked panicked and in all honesty crazy as he rounded a corner. I ran after him knowing I had to slow him down, had to calm him down enough before he got himself locked up.

"Mark, calm down, you can't go to that door looking crazy; they won't let you in to see him." He stopped and just stared at me for a moment, before tears started sliding down his face again.

"He was throwing a party Cassie, when we got to Jason's house there was loud music and people everywhere. It took us five minutes to find him, he was laughing and smiling, kissing some woman on her throat as she giggled and pulled away from him playfully. He looked like he didn't have a worry in the world; in fact he offered my mom a beer before he realized why we were there." Mark's mouth continued to move slightly, his eyes burned with an anguish I was just starting to grasp.

"They're going to kill him Cassie; they're going to kill him, I can see it happening Cassie, we have to get him out of here." I closed my eyes tightly trying to fight the tears that refused to be denied this time, I knew he was right but he didn't understand.

"We can't get him out of here Mark, he's on full life support it would take several people to move him to another room, much more to transfer him to another location. I didn't want to tell you, but you have to know how bad this is now, he's near deaths door as it is, he's comatose with very little brain activity." It looked like I had just stolen the last remaining bit of hope from Mark's eyes; my own heart felt the weight pressing in around it. Mark leaned against the wall and slowly sank to the ground his head between his knees, he reminded me of myself.

"Ms. Kindred, we have the updated list now, as long as your friend has ID we can allow him inside now, his mother as well." I looked up at the nurse and nodded as Evelyn came around the corner, she looked about good as Mark and I did.

"I want to see him now." Mark stood and marched toward the doors as if the last seconds hadn't happened, he walked with a purpose I didn't understand; still I followed him as he held his wallet out handing it to the guard. After a moment the guard stepped to the side opening the door at the same time, Evelyn stopped as she was told there was a two person limit. After I stepped inside Mark closed the door behind me and then locked the door, only seconds passed before he secured a chair against the door.

"If we can't leave, then they can't come in, I won't let anyone ever hurt him again." I stared at him, his eyes scanning the room for more things he could barricade the door with; slowly he turned and actually looked at Jason for the first time.

"Oh, my god." The words whispered past his lips as he took slow unsteady steps toward Jason's bed, once he was close enough he used the bed itself as support.

"This can't be happening." Mark took Jason's hand in his own and held it against his chest his eyes taking in all the machines, his ears finally picking up all the sounds they made.

"You have to wake up Jason; you're stronger than this I know you are; you have to come back now." I slid down the wall and listened as Mark's voice filled the room; he talked and talked to Jason, begged and pleaded with him. He said everything that I could have ever of thought to say and more; my heart ached as I watched him slowly lose hope. Almost two hours had passed since we had entered the room, now the knock came at the door; I listened praying it wasn't Abigail.

"Mr. Grier your mother would like to speak with you, could you please unlock the door we need to give Jason his food and readjusts his medicine." Mark looked at the door with panic in his eyes, as I stood to start undoing the barricade Mark jumped trying to stop me.

"Listen Mark, I understand your intentions but we have to do what's best for Jason, he needs to eat and he needs his meds." Slowly he nodded and then started helping me clear the door, a moment later it was unlocked and a nurse entered the room. Mark stepped out into the hall and talked with his mother while I watched the nurse check on Jason thoroughly suddenly Mark and Evelyn were out of sight.

"It's such a pity to see a young man brought down like this, he doesn't even look old enough to vote, big enough but not old enough." I ignored her as she worked, and then Evelyn came into the room about twenty minutes later her eyes red and puffy as she took my hand.

"They're going to remove the life support if Jason doesn't show any improvement by morning; Drake came and told me just a few minutes ago. I tried to talk to him but he looked scared as he shook his head and left, Mark just ran out of the hospital." My heart sunk rapidly as I turned my attention back to the nurse and Jason, my throat was suddenly very dry.

"I tried everything I could think of; I even told the doctors that I would cover all the bills if they just gave him more time. They said the paper work was already being processed that once the court approved it they would have no choice but to comply with the orders." Mark had been right all along, we should have never have opened the door, it was all my fault for trying to be sensible instead of following my instincts. I looked at the clock, the countdown had just begun, I had less than twelve hours before I would have to say good bye to my best friend forever.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

934 21 33
A world where Scott and Stiles have female versions of them selves that they don't know exist. What happens when the duos meet up? (Mature for violen...
The Bad Boy is Back (Book 2) Від Jenna Leigh

Підліткова література

1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
9.3K 1.4K 55
"Something is special about you. I don't know what they know, but you need to prepare. Okay? Can you do that for me?" David's words stayed with Alyss...
140K 3.7K 72
This story follows 5 siblings living with their aunt and uncle after being abandoned by their parents. Clueless about the real world around them and...