Bound Together (editing)

Od zjmfatty

Alexandria Simmons has never been noticed at her high school, Hartwell High. With only having two best friend... Více

Bound Together
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Important Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
IMPORTANT INFORMATION MUST READ
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - Epilogue
Spin Off Fun Facts & Last Authors Note
SPIN OFF & TRAILER
new beginnings and story

Chapter 27

5.7K 199 45
Od zjmfatty

The sound of my doorbell commenced the start of this plan. I was still very unsure about this, if I should really do through with this. This would make things even more complicated for everyone, I mean, if I wanted Jayce to see me as a girl that he should like, I shouldn’t throw myself on his best friend, I should just let things flow, let things go the way it was meant to go.

I really am stupid. I can’t do this; I can’t just act or pretend as if I suddenly like some other guy. I like Jayce, and only Jayce; I’ve always only ever liked him. My feelings, I guess, just started progress the more we hung out or talked, even though most of the time we argued or he did something stupid. 

Scurrying down the stairs, I began to grow anxious telling Parker, I obviously didn’t know how he was going to take this since I made such a big deal out of this just a few days ago.

I opened the door to reveal him in a pair of grey joggers, and a simple black tank – the same clothes he had been wearing just a few hours ago in the art room.

“Hey,” He said simply, flashing me a small smile.

I returned the grin, “Hi, listen, I think we need to talk about-“

He stopped me before I could continue, “Before you say anything, I have something really important to say and it’s just that-“

“Hold that thought,” I put one finger up, cutting him off.

“I can’t do this,” Not only had that come out of my mouth, but his as well.

He seemed taken back, matching my shocked expression, “Wait, what?”

A guilty expression took over his face, “I really just can’t do this, by going through with this fake date, I’d be hurting my best friend, and what kind of person am I to betray him? I wouldn’t be loyal to him, and I’m not that type of person.”

I stared at him dumbfounded, not knowing exactly what he was talking about by saying he didn’t want to hurt his best friend, “I uh, I don’t understand. How would doing this hurt Jayce?”

He sighed, then he began to explain to me about what had happen before he had entered the art room to assist us in completing the junior bake sale poster. Parker confessed everything, every single word the team said, every word Jayce and Miles said, every word he said, and did not say. But with each word he had repeated that came from Jayce’s mouth, the quicker my heart started to beat.

“He’s so stupid,” Parker let out a laugh, mostly saying that to himself.

I cracked a smile, and ran a hand through my tangled locks, “So now what, huh? Am I just suppose to go run into his arms, and we’ll have a happily ever after?”

The smile on his face faded, “Are you not happy about all this?”

“I am,” I insisted, “Believe me I definitely am, but what do you expect that’s going to happen? Do you honestly think that I could just go to him, kiss, and then be together? There will always be that one thing or person that’s going to get in the way. How do you think everyone at school will treat me? Especially Quinn and her group of friends from hell, she’ll make me regret ever talking to her precious Jayce.”

Parker shook his head disappointedly at me, “Do you really think that Jayce cares about all that?”

I was about to open my mouth to say something, but he beat me to it, “I know what Jayce did to you, I know Alex. But people make mistakes, don’t tell me that you’ve never screwed up once in your life. Jayce willingly admitted to Miles and I that he liked you, if you saw the look on his face when Chris and Roger were bad mouthing you, you’d probably think he was a different person. The way he talked about you was just so ridiculous that I even I couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t believe that he was actually talking about a girl with so much passion yet so much pain. You’re one girl Alex, yet he had a thousand things to say about you. He’s risking so many things just to actually be with you, and don’t take that to heart.  Stop being so negative about this; stop thinking about the what ifs, and just think about what could be. And I know that you feel that you’re not good enough, but just know this. Alexandria Simmons, you’re beautiful, alright? You’ll never be like the girls Jayce has ever dated, you’ll never ever be like them, and that’s a good thing. Don’t think about what others think of you; don’t think about how others would react, you’re wasting precious time on contemplating how everyone would take it. Stop thinking, and just live.”

I snorted, “That happened to be one of the most cliché talks I’ve ever heard.”

Walking up this familiar driveway sent butterflies in my stomach. The wind was not helping, the way it just kept pushing my hair in my face made me even more frustrated. Not that I was frustrated with doing this, but it just added to another thing that was getting to me. Why couldn’t the sun just shine, like it was doing now? Subtracting the roaring winds from the atmosphere.
Back to what was actually happening.

You could do this, you can. Just grow a pair and knock on that door.

I stood in front of his front door for what felt like a few minutes, before giving a good and loud 3 hard knocks. For a few seconds, no one had come, I thought about my options, wondering if I could just bolt since it looked like no one was home.

Just as I was about to run off, the door opened, revealing the boy I was looking for.

His hair was disheveled, whilst wearing a blue ‘Property of Hartwell High’ hoodie and a pair of black sweats.

What was it with guys wearing sweats that made them look so attractive?

His eyebrows furrowed, probably confused as to why I’m here, “Why are you here?”

Ouch, that hurt just a bit.

“Sorry,” he said, catching his harsh tone, “it’s just – I thought you had important plans to attend to tonight.”

I bit my lip, trying to stop the forming smile on my face, “Well, things change, people change, you know how it is.”

He slightly nodded, and leaned against the doorframe of the front door, still puzzled as to what was going on, “Yeah, look, was there something you needed?”

“I need to live,” I blurted out Parker’s words.

A grin broke out on his face, he tried to hold back his laugh, “What?”

I answered him with my lips, not with words. My eyes instantly close, and my shands found his neck, settling themselves on the back. At first, his lips were caught off guard, but then began to move in sync with mine. His lips were plump and soft. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, bringing me closer to him. This should’ve felt peculiar, but it was the total opposite. This was something I enjoyed, and wouldn’t mind doing again. Now, this isn’t my first kiss, I’m not that much of a loser. But this was my first kiss with Jayce, and it was better than I thought.

Although he had created lesser space between us, he was the first to pull away.

He stared at me in disbelief and looked at me with a smug smile, “You just kissed me.”

I could feel the blush starting to grow on my cheeks, “Well yeah, uh how was it?”

‘How was it?’, what kind of question is that?

Why would anyone want to ask that after kissing someone for the first time.

He chuckled a bit, rubbing his thumb across my cheek, “Better than I imagined – although it did feel a tiny bit rushed.”

“Well I’m sorry for using the element of surprise, I thought it would be spontaneous, it was in the heat of the moment,” I retorted.

He shrugged playfully, “Eh.”

I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms over my chest, “Oh, and you think you could do any better?”

He nodded, “Ha, I know I can.”

I scoffed, and rolled my eyes at him, “I doubt that you could top that kiss Jayce.”

Laughing, he cupped my cheek, and looked directly into my eyes, “Here, let me try.”

Our lips met once again, and this time – we took our time.

Turns out, Jayce wasn’t the only one home. After he had proven to me that he, indeed, could kiss better, he invited me inside so that we could actually talk about what’s been going on. But as we entered the living room, Jacob was found occupying the couch, with a bag of cheese puffs on his bare chest, while watching the most recent episode of Faking It, that new show on MTV, which was surprisingly really good, especially because of Gregg Sulkin, without his accent made him even more appealing.

“Who was at the door Jayce?” He questioned, not taking his eyes off of the TV.

I plopped down on the arm of the couch, “Your favorite person in the world.”

His eyes averted to me and he sent me a small grin, “Oh hey Alex, I wasn’t expecting to see you here. Finally made out, I mean made up with my brother?”

He didn’t succeed to hide his smirk from his face as he continued to watch the MTV show.

Jayce walked over to me, standing right behind me, and I instantly felt flustered, “Now enough about us Jacob, what’s going on with you?”

Quickly trying to avoid this subject, I tried to come up with another conversation, “Yeah, tell us Jacob, how’s school and stuff?”

He looked between Jayce and I, “What’s with the sudden interest in my school life guys?”

We both exchanged looks, mine being sheepish, whereas his was smug due to the fact that he probably knew how uncomfortable I was right now. I mean, who kisses a guy twice, than goes into his house to find the guy’s younger brother on the couch the whole time.

“Well, now that you guys seems somewhat interested in my school life, I’ll have you know that there is a new girl in town, more specifically in my class,” He replied.

“What’s her name?” Jayce asked, seeming more intrigued with the subject by taking a seat on the armchair next to the couch.

His little brother sat up, brushing off some crumbs before continuing to make conversation with us, “Lennox Scott.”

“That’s an interesting name,” I chimed in.

“It suits her, she’s an interesting girl.” He said, trying to fight the little familiar smirk that wanted to break out on his face.

I smiled mischievously, “Do I sense a little infatuation going on here with you two?”

He immediately came onto defense, “Excuse me? Infatuation with Lennox Scott, no way! She’s sort of freaky; all she does is keep to herself during school and just observes everyone. I tried talking to her, but she just stuck to her one worded answers.”

“Maybe she’s just closed off towards everyone else.” I said in a matter oh fact tone.

“Or she probably doesn’t want to talk to some loser like you,” Jayce chimed in.

This caused a cheese puff to come soaring his way, hitting him right on his cheek, which only made him glare at his little brother.

“Anyways,” Jacob said, trying to carry on, “I kind of feel bad for her, because whenever school ends and I walk to the park, I always see her going to that diner right around the corner from it, uh I think it’s called, Blacktop Diner. But yeah, she just sits in the same booth for at least a few hours, all she does is eat, and study her textbooks.”

I let out a laugh, “You seem to know a whole lot about this girl. Are you sure you’re not stalking her or something?”

Jayce laughter rang through the room, “Damn little bro, didn’t know you were that desperate.”

The sound of this statement made Jacob glare at us in disgust, “Fuck you guys.”

Something about this girl made it seem like she was going to stay for while, I mean who knows, she could be the one Jacob falls in love with. But let’s not get too carried away because he’s only 14, not much could happen at that age.

I turned towards Jayce who had grown silent, and it was as if he could sense me staring at him, because he caught me and grinned, “Do you want to have that talk now?”

I simply nodded as he led me upstairs, not letting himself let go of my hand, which wasn’t something I complained about since this little action gave a warm feeling. Once we were inside his room, I sat down on his bed and he followed, putting himself a normal distance away from me, “Ok, so before we get to the whole determining what we are thing, I just want to tell you that I made a mistake, ok? Look, I know if we actually happen, it won’t be the perfect relationship, but I don’t care if it’s the perfect relationship, because even if it would turn out to be the most weirdest and worst relationship, I’m just glad that it’s with the perfect person, which is you, Alex. I figured hiding these feelings for you was a waste of time, because the longer I waited, the more I worried about having someone swoop in and take you from me, and that’s something I dreaded.”

I felt the heat rise up in my cheeks, but the negative side of me had to open it’s stupid mouth and say something, “But what if this actually doesn’t work. How do I know that you’re not just saying all this? How do I know that I’m not just a rebound to you? What if this is just a phase to you, or what if you’re just doing this to spite Quinn? Because if this whole thing is just some game or sick joke to laugh about when I’m not looking. I don’t want to be led on by you anymore Jayce, I want to know that this is real, that us, that this thing we have together is real.”

Then he did something so odd, that I almost opened my mouth to ruin the moment. But the feeling of his beating heart caused my mouth to shut.

“You feel that?” He asked, both of his hands grasping mine up to his chest, where his heart was located. “That’s what you do to me. Every time you’re around me, my heart rate quickens, and there’s no way to stop it whenever you’re around. This is real Alexandria, we’re real - only if you want us to be.” 

I slipped my hand away from his, and stared down at my lap, contemplating what I could say to respond to him. But there really wasn’t anything to say, I already knew what I wanted. I wanted to live, I wanted to be happy and I wanted to take risks and be with Jayce who was openly putting himself out there for me. This is real, we’re real, and I want us to be real.

Instead of replying with some romantic saying and gesture like him, I stupidly tried to make a joke, “I’d show you how fast my heart were feeling right now, but I kind of don’t want your hand on my boob for 10 seconds.”

Thank God he didn’t look at me as some freak, and instead he chuckled, whilst brushing a strand of my hair away from my face, “I think this will be the start of an interesting relationship, don’t you think?”

Not bothering to wait my reply, he placed his lips on mine, giving me the familiar feeling of his lips moving in sync with my own.

I pulled away at first, “Although, I do mean it when I say that I don’t want your hand anywhere on boob for any more than a few seconds.”

“Baby steps, Alex, baby steps.” He brushed it off with a laugh, before pulling me in for another kiss.

I really could get used to this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: 

Oh my gosh, two updates in one weeks, im so proud of myself bc im not procastinating with this story 

DON'T JUDGE ME FOR THIS SHORT CHAPTER, I FELT GUILTY FOR LATE UPDATES SO I WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING GOOD

there's about 6-10 chapters left of this story, i have already come up with an idea for a new story, which will be a spin-off of this, details soon to come! 

holy fucking shit, graduating in really soon, i cannot wait to get out of my hell hole school, i really wish cal pal can save me from going back there, (5sos fam reference)

thank you all so much for almost 4K reads, and almost 100 votes, i had know idea this story would get that much, i love you all so much! even though you guys still don't comment on my chapters, but whatever, i still love you guys 

VOTE, COMMENT, & SHARE 

Until next time, 

-queenfreakco

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

7.5K 717 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
861K 18.2K 49
The rivalry between high schools is fierce. But the rivalry between Baylor High School and Brentwood High School was fiercer. When people come to th...
129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...
3.6K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...