Claimed

By 1hatecheesecake

Under a stormy winter sky, moonlight guides my steps as my paws crunch the forest floor. A strange sound brea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sneak Peak

Chapter 36

24.1K 842 50
By 1hatecheesecake

After a couple of hours the sun is now at its highest peak, as my drenched hair adds a heavy weight to my tiny shoulders. Gabriel, noticing my discomfort allows me to rest again. Sitting on a patch of grass underneath a Willow tree I fan myself with my fingers, trying my best to cool my body down from  the scorching sun.

"Mother was right."

Gabriel: "What was she right about? She can be quite a stick in the mud about everything. Driving me mad in my own home."

"My hair. It needs to be cut. It is literally weighing me down."

Gabriel: "I have a knife in my backpack if you want me to cut some off."

"No!"

He chuckles, shaking his head at my response.

Gabriel: "Xael would kill me if I changed your appearance without his permission."

"He would."

My lips turn upwards into a smile from thoughts on my love before I begin to frown again.

Gabriel: "We do not have much longer Winnie. Just a few more steps I promise."

"Everything hurts Gabriel. I'm exhausted."

Gabriel: "I could carry you, but I do not want to incur the wrath of Xael for touching you. Now get up."

"Gabriel I just need more time."

Gabriel: " As future werewolf queen you can't show weakness in the face of diversity. It is unbecoming of royalty and frankly quite pathetic."

"Why are you being mean to me?"

Gabriel: " Winnie I'm trying to help you. You don't understand how dangerous it is within those castle walls. They feed off of weakness."

Leaning down in front of my face he grabs my arm roughly pulling me up with a hard yank.

"You're hurting me!"

Gabriel: "Do something about it! Don't just whine about it. Xael isn't here to save you."

He continues to shake me, his grip becoming tighter around my slender arms.

"Stop!"

Closing my eyes tightly, teeth clenched the pain soon lessens as a loud whooshing sound comes past my head. Opening my eyes I see Gabriel a couple of feet in front of me on the ground, groaning in pain. Checking around me I see nothing out of the ordinary, as I am now unsure whether to crouch down or hide.

"Gabriel."

I whisper softly to him as he continues to writhe in pain. Slowly rising up fully I grab a pointy branch off the ground. Waving it around nothing happens as I hear nothing unusual.

Dropping the stick I run to Gabriel, now hunched over coughing.

"Is that blood?"

Catching his breath he continues coughing, finally finding his voice.

Gabriel: "What did you do?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing."

Gabriel: "So you say. I just got hit directly in the face and stomach. I'm spewing blood and I think I have a broken rib.

"Uhh, I didn't do it?"

I couldn't have done it.

Gabriel: "We must hurry to the kingdom. I can't transform with broken bones. We are both vulnerable now."

Using the ground to push himself up he wobbles a bit before limping forward. Without anymore questions between us I feel a sudden burst of energy course throughout me, as I am now able to keep up with him. Heart pounding, hands clammy, my eyes wander around, trying to find answers to the event that just occurred.

Someone is here, they are following us. They are watching us.

Lost in the midst of my thoughts I run into the back of a warm hard body.

Gabriel: "Jesus Winnie, watch where you are going. Pay attention."

Glancing upwards I finally notice our feet are no longer on firm soil, but hard stone as the kingdom is closer than ever before. With halted movements I wipe the sweat from my forehead before wringing out the excess water I've produced, from my tangled curls.

Gabriel: "From here to the castle you will not speak to me unless I address you first. Understood?"

I nod silently stepping backwards giving him more space. Standing up straight and dropping his hands Gabriel walks forward again almost in a march. Grinding his teeth for a moment he pauses before picking up the pace. Dehydrated and hungry the green foliage all around me blurs together, reminding me of a beautiful watercolor painting Xael once had in his bedroom.

Unlike our home this new castle in front of us was not warm and inviting, but dim and bleak. The high stonewall protecting the land had no grass beneath it or flowers in front of it. Face to face with a solid gold gate, carved with intricate patterns I quickly glance around, noticing no other entrances, in sight.

This wall must go for miles. There is no escaping this place once inside.

Guard 1: "Who goes there?"

A guard yells out, but no person visible.

Fear sets in as I stare down at my worn down shoes, positioning myself directly behind Gabriel, out of sight.

Gabriel: " Gabriel Adam Baldassare, Beta to Alpha king Xael Caius Orrin Alesandro.

Guard 2: "Who is she?"

Oh no. They are talking about me. I thought I was hidden well enough.

Gabriel: "A present for my family. A maid."

Guard 1: "Looks more like a whore to me." The first guard says to the other.

Keep you head down Winnie. Do not make eye contact.

Gabriel: "She is a maid, and nothing more. I bought her during my travels."

Guard 2: "I wish I had a slave that looked like that Gabe."

Guard 1: "How much for her?"

Gabriel: "Gentleman she isn't for sale. May we get past? Will you let us in?"

Guard 1: "You know all slaves must be approved to be on the grounds before arrival Gabriel."

Guard 2: "She could be a spy or have diseases."

Gabriel: "I do not have time to argue with you two on rules. Xael is expecting me. Do you really want to anger your king?"

Guard 2: "He is right Edwards we should let them past."

Edwards: "Go through."

Still confused on where the guards are, I move forward only to have a light tug on my hair. I stop moving. Fingertips grip my chin tilting my face upwards to meet their gaze. The pungent odor of raw meat messes with my stomach as I endure the horrible stench of their breath breathing on me.

Edwards: "You are a pretty little peach, aren't you. All bruised up. Pity. No wolf likes a disobedient slave, especially a whore."

Touching my bottom lip lightly with his fingertips he lets go of my face as I turn away, grimacing at his words. With a slap on the bottom he shoves me along back to Gabriel as he continues to whisper to his fellow guard about my appearance.

Gabriel: "Come along slave. Do not make me late."

Author's Note

Short-ish chapter I know, please don't hate me. So if you stay up to date with my notifications I hinted two new characters in this chapter, but sadly I felt they should have an introduction all there own really, so you will meet them in the next chapter. I want to give shout-outs to readers who have really caught my attention lately with their support on this book, so instead of a one-person dedication in this chapter I have a list of people, which are at the end of this note. Feel free to check them out. Please continue to leave comments and votes. If you want you can follow me because I am going to be posting more on my message/conversation board with spoilers and chapter excerpts before the full chapter is posted. Thanks again and happy holidays!

Shayla0912

Lulu_Panda_Girl

cupcake7085

xDezolation

Number9cloudavenue

quietbigmouth

precious_anu

dachtlerlj

marisabelMarti

rxpkmk3

Luna_Ticks

callmesmile44

mukeislife

ZiniaB13

Zarah_K

ImuShyin

@Rexlex78tt

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 422 21
"You could never be a bother to me Dannielle". That was the first time I heard him say my name and hearing it come from his mouth was like heaven to...
8.3K 375 24
"Goddess I wish there were baby, truly I do but you have to work your way through it and just know that this will end. It may get worse before it doe...
12.5M 275K 58
"I, Cole Greystone, reject you, Morgan Mayor, as my mate." As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my whole world, shatter into a million piece...
14K 386 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...