Diary of A Teenage Nerd (A Li...

By callmekay21

Raines Tyler is a nerd. And she knows it. But what happens when Liam Payne wants to be her friend? Will it tu... More

Diary of A Teenage Nerd
Today Is Different
Going To Nando's
These God Forsaken Boys......
Truth or Dare
A Confession
Feeling Sorry
Sunday's Surprise
Could This Get Any Better?
Emotional Aftermath
Meeting The Parents
Blonde Moments
Surprise!
Little boys in BIG trouble
Another Confession?
Will Things Ever Get Better?
The Shocking Truth
Reunited
School and fun? Two different worlds
Liam Payne how many secrets do you have?!?!
What The Hell Just Happened?
Don't You Dare Give Up On Me. If You Do, Then I'll Give Up On Myself
This Is A Hospital? More Like Jail.
Day One. Kill me now.
Write me a love song. Even though it's not true.
Tell me how life is. Outside of Hospital Hell.
A Suprise. Not a secret.
Why The Hell Don't You Love Me?
A Dramatic Exit
Settle things, or make them worse?
It's Too Late to Apologize
Attitude, friendships, and Harry Styles
Important Information
Getting Released
Hiding My Feelings from Everyone
A New Beginning. Will They Recognize Me?
Good Job....So Far
Thankfully Silent
Off to Mexico
The Big Day
The Second Concert
I'm So Sorry and I Hope You Understand I Always Loved You
Important Authors Note: Contest Time. PLEASE READ!!!
Author's Note
I Love Him
The Fourth Concert
Four Days in Miami
Forgive Me Liam
Bonfire
To Nashville
Protective
Sparks Flying
One Step Closer To You
And You Left Me...
Keep Holding On
Turn Up Turn Down Turn On Turn Off
Songs About Sex
My my, my my, Give Me Love
Twitcammmm
Live Like There's No Tomorrow
Epilogue

Changing For The Better..... Or Worse???

8.2K 162 18
By callmekay21

 Hey guys!!! I know I'm going fast on this book but I love writing it! 

  Raines' P.O.V

       Harry, Louis, and I sit together during Geography. The teacher doesn't assign seats, so I'm able to sit with them, thankfully. I end up having to help them on the individual assignments. So technically they couldn't be called individual assignments, but I was completely fine with it. It was nice to have people to talk to. I was so used to how lonely I felt. They aren't the brightest students but they're good enough so I wasn't explaining everything. I just keep on worrying about Maths. God I'm off track today. I'm barely even paying attention to the teacher so I know homework is going to be a pain in the ass. But I could call Liam, Harry, Louis, or Zayn for help. They were probably paying attention; more than I was, at least. I'm very distracted. I'm never like this. Not once. I have a schedule that I stick to each day. Get up, get a shower, get dressed, do my hair and leave. Then when I get home I do my homework, sing, practice guitar and piano, read, then go to sleep, same thing every day. I usually get my homework done quickly so I can sing and play all my worries away. Sing my hearts' content. Play my feelings through the piano notes. It helps; on occasion. But sometimes the depression is just so bad that I cry myself to sleep.

   I snap myself back into reality and begin to write down a note about the molecules in the Sun. I just write what comes out about the teacher's mouth. I don't exactly have my full attention back on the class, just a little back on track. I have a full two pages of notes. Almost everyone else had about five, but I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get the drift of things for my homework. 

  I gather by things and head for the door.

   "Raines! Wait up!" I hear Louis call. I turn around. I'm so worried about 'him' that I completely forgot about Harry and Louis.

  "I...I have to get to class...." I blush and look away. I slowly walk away from him. I didn't feel like turning around and having to face him. I'm too embarrassed. I could feel their eyes on me though. I find myself slammed into the lockers with so much force I almost choked on my breath.

   "Where's your pretty little boyfriend now? Guess he doesn't like you after all. No one will ever like a nerd like you! You're just a helpless little bitch. You don't have a life. I bet Liam was just hanging out with you because he felt sorry for you," Lee spat. 

     I felt the tears in my eyes, but I don't let them spill. But I know he's right. No one will ever date a nerd like me. Let alone like a nerd like me. That's what makes me realize the truth. That's why the tears are in my eyes. Because every word that comes out of Lee's mouth is true. All of it is true. I turn my head to the left, my face pressed against the cold, metal locker. I couldn't look Lee in the eye. He stands about a foot taller than me. He's strongly built. He can very easily over power me. I'm so light and fragile. I look like I'll break at the slightest touch. And I guess I can.

  I hear a husky male voice on the other side of me. I looked to my right and see that Louis and Liam are standing there.

   "What are you pretty boys gonna do about it? You know this bitch is full of crap! She's ugly, stupid, and I bet she spends all of her time reading those stupid romance novels, just hoping one day she'll find a guy when we all know that she won't." Lee looks at me and slaps me in the face, slamming my head against the cold, hard metal. I feel dizzy. I hold my cheek. He hit me very hard and I know I'm going to have a bruise in the morning. I finally gather the strength and turn around. Harry had punched Lee and Lee was lying on the floor, groaning in pain. Damn Harry's got an arm. I see Liam making his way over to us. A crowd starts to form. I slid down the lockers. Suddenly I don't feel so good, my head starts spinning, and finally I closed my eyes as I feel strong arms wrap around me.

----

  "Guys! She's awake!" I hear a familiar male voice call. I shift my position so I'm sitting up as my vision clears. I recognize the four boys almost immediately, but I haven't yet processed my location.

  "Where am I?" I asked them.

   "You are at your house," Louis tells me as he sits next to me on my bed. 

   "I...huh? Wait. I'm where?!" I open my eyes wider and sit up, finally processing the situation completely.

   "You...are...at...your house," Louis explains word by word.

   "What the hell are you guys doing here?" I feel a stinging pain in my cheek. I hold it in my hand, noticing a small bump from where I was hit earlier.

   "Whoa. Okay, calm down, someone's not very happy to see us. Well we're here because we're worried about you," Liam says. What the hell?! Why are they worrying about ME?! Out of all people...ME!!!!

   "No it's not that, you guys are awesome, but, well I'm fine. You guys can leave now," I say, standing up and ushering them downstairs, following closely behind them. I don't see my parents or brother, so I calm down. "Oh, never mind. You can stay." I run to the couch and hop on it. I grab the remote and flip on the TV.

   "Well that was awkward," Louis whispers. I turn around and forcefully smile at them. I hear shuffling then the room was filled with boys. I flip through the channels. Absolutely nothing was on, probably because it's midday. I grunt and turn off the TV.

   "Oh! I have an idea!" Liam shouts, sitting next to me on the couch. Clearly seeing I'm bored. I just give him a curious look and wait for him to continue. "Raines, sing for us."

     Oh for the love of Christ. Right now? Why now? I'm not about to sing in front of these guys. They'll laugh their eyes out. And then I'll never be able to face them again.

   "No," I answer immediately. It's that simple. I refuse to sing for them. It's just not going to happen. Not in their life time. I hear all of them grunt. "I'm sorry boys. I don't sing for people. I sing by myself. Not in front of anyone."

   "Oh she can sing," Says another voice, but it wasn't any of the four boys from school. I turn out the new voice. I see my fourteen year old brother standing in the doorway. Why the hell was he here? Why wasn't he in school? Oh yeah...it's probably over and mom and dad are probably at some meeting. Or he's just sick and not in school.

   "Daniel. Don't start." I glare at my brother.

   "Yes, my nerd of a sister has voice. At night I can hear her in her room singing The Script and stuff like that," Daniel, my brother, says, completely ignoring my protests and looking at the boys.

   "Daniel please!" I beg. The boys were watching him. I was on the edge of the couch looking at him with pleading and begging eyes. He's looking at me too. Straight in my eyes.

   "Guys I'm sorry, but you need to go. I'll text you. I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." The guys get up when I say this.

   "Please. Don't hesitate to call us if you need anything," Liam tells me. I get a hug from each boy then they leave, then shut the door behind them, locking it as well. 

   "What were you thinking Daniel?!" I turn and yell. My sweater had fallen down on one shoulder and I feel tears in my eyes.

   "You are an amazing singer. You just don't know it," Daniel says to me before I run upstairs. I look in the mirror at my reflection. I take off my glasses and look at myself. I'm not pretty. I just couldn't see it in a girl like me. A girl who is the teacher's pet, who gets straight A's, who sits at home and watches Star Wars all weekend, who has no friends, who doesn't eat, and who has no life whatsoever.

  I wipe off all my makeup and jump in the shower. The hot water feels absolutely amazing on my skin, especially after this really long day. Luckily my room is connected to the bathroom so I can just run in there and get changed. Tonight I'm going to wear a silver-sequined dress with black flats. I'm going to keep my hair down, pull back my bangs with a bobby pin. I decide to wear mascara, eye liner, and glittery eye shadow. I guess I could wear my contacts.

  I shampoo and condition my hair, wash my body then jump out, wrapping my towel around me. I decide against the dress. Instead I go to my closet to pick out something else.  I grab a jean skirt and a layered red shirt. My mom buys me this stuff to get me out of my t-shirt and leggings habit. I never wear any of it. I'm still going to wear my black flats though. And no glittery eye shadow. It'll be a little too much.

   As I get dressed I think about the boys sticking up for me, being there when I woke up, asking me to go to lunch with them, asking to next to me, calling me pretty. It all seemed too good to be true. But I liked it. After all the years of being the school nerd, been spat on, bullied, called a bitch, stupid, ugly, a hoe, and things much worse, I'm finally getting treated nicely. 

  I smile to myself, realizing I finally have some friends. I can't help but thinking that things might be getting better from here. 

   I finish putting on my clothes when I hear my phone ring. I run into the bathroom where I left it. I pull my phone out of my jeans pocket. It was a text.

Hey Raines its Liam. I wanted to know if you wanted to meet and the boys at Nando's for dinner tonight?

Oh yeah. I forgot to tell him. 

Me: I'll be there but today's my birthday and I already made plans with them. I'll get my parents to leave early so I can just sit with you guys afterwards.

Liam: It's your birthday and you didn't tell me?!

Me: We just met today Liam

Liam: I know but still

Me: I have to go get ready I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for inviting me, though

Liam: OK, see ya! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394K 15.5K 33
in which liam is a popstar and niall is just a normal fanboy. things happen.
746 26 18
Mitchie is desperately trying to get away from her abusive relationship. Luckily, her best friend Liam comes to her rescue. Will this be all there is...
1.3K 105 45
Ryan is a high school junior. It's her first year in high school. She's been home schooled her entire life due to her overprotective mother. Her firs...
17K 403 51
An Average girl named, Danae Laura Bennett. Who lives her life normally. She has a Boyfriend who are always far away from her. Until she get the...