Sad Song (Lauren/You)

Autorstwa Maclue

"I'm tired of feeling alone Lauren. " Y/N pulled her hips close to his hearing his favorite little gasp that... Więcej

A/N
~Prologue~
Part 1- Superheroes
Ch. 1 ~A Sky Full of Stars~
Ch. 2 ~The Edge of Tonight~
Ch. 3 ~One Of Those Nights~
Ch. 4 ~Middle of the Night~
Ch. 5 ~Stargazing~
Ch. 6 ~Passing Time~
Ch. 7 ~Hanging by a Moment~
Ch. 8 ~Standing in the Dark~
Ch. 10 ~Real Friends~
Ch. 11 ~Invisible~
Ch. 12 ~Flicker~
Part 2 - Hope and Despair
Ch. 13 ~Angel~
Ch. 14 ~Night Changes~
Ch. 15 ~Wake Me Up~
Ch. 16 ~Fix You~
Ch. 17 ~Love Drunk~
Ch. 18 ~Believer~
A/N
Update on the Update
Ch. 19 ~Nervous~
Ch. 20 ~Youth~
Ch. 21 ~Ghost of You~
A/N
Ch. 22 ~No Filter~
Part 3 - Purpose
Ch. 23 ~Complicated~
Ch. 24 ~Young & Relentless~
Ch. 25 ~Good Life~
Ch. 26 ~Heavy~
Ch. 27 ~Bad Liar~
Ch. 28 ~New Man~
Ch. 29 ~Two Ghosts~
Ch. 30 ~Demons~
Ch. 31 ~Always~
Ch. 32 ~So Close~
Ch. 33 ~Sad Song~
Epilogue
New story
Special Epilogue
I'm back!
New Fifth Harmony book?

Ch. 9 ~Rock Bottom~

1.1K 44 9
Autorstwa Maclue

"But Mrs. Bryant-"

"My word is word Mr. Y/LN. You have one week to pack up your things and leave. "

The door slam shut as Mrs. Bryant left. Cracks and faded paint lines up against the old door and onto the walls which would make other people be miserable at their poorness, but not Y/N anymore. A few hours before he was dreading his shitty apartment but not anymore. He has been taking everything for granted. His shitty apartment, his shitty job, shitty paycheck, and. . .Lauren.

Y/N shook his head at the beautiful name and gorgeous person behind it. "I can't think about her. I have enough problems than it is. "

He looked around his shitty apartment with despair. A week from now he has no place to stay. He could barely afford this place with his bills and personal necessities. How much would it take for another apartment?

Y/N rub his temples as a headache started forming. "God, I thought I hated this apartment but transferring to another one with higher rent is hell. "

The sound of a creak echoed around the room as Y/N sat on one of the three chairs he had. He propped his arms on the small table in front of him as a tired sigh escaped his dry lips. His tired of everything. It feels like everything is against him. No matter how much he suffers the days doesn't get better. Time doesn't help all people.

A bark and four pair of legs trotted over Y/N. Franky's black curious eyes stare at Y/N as he sat on the floor comfortably, his tongue lolling out from his mouth as he inhale and exhale.

"Hey boy, " Y/N half smile and patted Franky's soft fur, "Don't worry about anything. I'll find us another place to stay. "

Franky gave out a bark and nuzzle Y/N hand before running across the room.

Y/N sigh as he buried his face in his hands. "What am I going to do? "

Minutes pass as Y/N stayed in that position, his head pounding and back aching. The endless problems he has never ends — not even for a day.

As Y/N was gonna release another sigh his phone vibrated in his jeans. He took it out and immediately swore under his breath.

Standing up hastily; Y/N shouted a goodbye to Franky and lock the door on his way out. He ran down the stairs passing a couple of neighbors who stare at him as he zoom pass them. Pushing past the double doors of the apartment; Y/N ran down street after street without stopping for a breath.

Minutes pass by before Y/N arrived at his destination. Sweat drip down his body as his lungs took a ragged state. Forcing his body upright — he entered the only place he enjoyed working.

Bookshelves upon bookshelves line the library Y/N worked in. He could feel his body relaxing as he took in the feel of being surrounded by thousands of books. Every time Y/N would have a bad day he could always count on books to escape from his troubles — but that was before Lauren came in his life and became his own comfort.

Y/N shook his head as he climb a set of carpeted stairs, "Not her, especially now, "

Upon reaching the fifth floor; Y/N gather his nerves as he pass several different doors with nameplates in perfect calligraphy. Y/N ignore the other people talking and bustling as he walk quickly to a familiar door that had a golden nameplate shining under the sunlight that came from the glass window beside it.

Mrs. Warren

Mrs. Warren was not an unfair or mean boss like Mr. Anderson, instead she's always smiling at her employees and at anybody who enters the library.

So all Y/N knows is that as long as he will explain his abrupt absence yesterday; everything will be fine.

Taking a deep breath he knock once and entered the office. With his head down he explained everything; determined to keep his job and on Mrs. Warren good side.

"Are you done? " A voice Y/N doesn't know said with a yawn.

Y/N head snap up so fast he thought he would suffer whiplash. Instead of seeing an old woman with a crinkled face with a kind smile, a young man with a bored look on his face greeted Y/N.

"Who- "

"I'm Kyle Warren, " The guy couldn't have looked more than twenty-one. "I'm your new boss, well that would have been the case before you told me what you did yesterday. "

It took Y/N a few moments before Kyle's words became clear in his mind, and when it did; Y/N whole body froze.

"What? " Y/N said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I. Said. Your. Fired. " He emphasize each word as if Y/N was too stupid to understand.

"You c-can't fire me. "

Kyle raise his eyebrows seemingly amuse as he lean back against his chair behind the office desk. "Oh, yeah? I just fire your ass. "

"Mrs. Warren- "

"Mrs. Warren isn't here. " Kyle said smiling widely as he sees Y/N eyes widen in fear. "I'm the boss of this place now. And the first order of business is firing lazy ditching ungrateful slackers like you. "

"I-I've been working at this place for years! " Y/N shouted indignantly.

"Like I care, " Kyle said smirking at Y/N growing red face. "And what I say always goes. If I say your fired you are fired. "

Y/N could feel heat traveling all around his body as his hands clenched itself tightly.

"Now be a good boy and get out of my office before I make you. " Kyle said still smirking arrogantly.

Y/N stare at him with pure hatred before turning on his heels and fast-walk over the door.

"Oh, and Y/N, " Y/N didn't turn around, instead he glared at the open door in front of him where people were gathering and staring. "Have a nice weekend Mr. Y/LN. "

Y/N slam the door shut as loud laughing issued from behind. Immediately everyone return back to work as Y/N pass them fuming with rage.

But when Y/N was outside the library the truth finally sink in. All the anger was now gone and is replaced with helplessness. He lost his apartment, job, and Lauren. And all that happened in a week.

"FUCK! " He shouted as he punch a random brick wall beside him. Pain ignited in his fist but he ignored it.

"Mommy he said a bad word! "

Y/N turn around and found a young boy looking at him with wide eyes as he clutch his mother's hand.

"Don't listen to that man, baby, " The mother glare at him as if he was a parasite. "He's just a sad man with no bright future with that kind of mouth. "

Most days or any other days when Y/N isn't fired out of a job he would keep his mouth shut; but not today.

"What's sad is when parents feed their children a load of BS about life being wonderful and great; when in reality it's shitty and downright unfair. "

Y/N turn around and left the gaping mother and wide eyed kid.

A week later

"Are you sure there's isn't a room available? It doesn't have to be a big room. I'll take anything. "

"I'm sorry Mr. Y/LN. But the budget you gave us isn't enough for even the one bedroom we have. "

"Please, please, I can — will — pay the rest later on as long I can transfer tonight. "

"We don't accept late payments. I'm sorry Mr. Y/LN but you'll have just to find another place. "

The line went dead as Y/N slump against the wall with his phone falling down his lap in defeat.

That was the fourth apartment Y/N failed to close a deal on his transfer. All of them were asking too much for a room to stay in. Y/N was already having trouble affording his needs, but now, especially, when he lost his job at the library. It seemed almost impossible with his budget to afford another apartment without giving up on paying bills.

"I'm going out for a bit, Franky, " Y/N whisper as he petted the sleeping dog beside him.

Grabbing his hoodie: Y/N left his apartment. The afternoon sun flash before his eyes as he walk the busy street of Miami.

Y/N let his legs walk for him as his mine buzz with everything that's dragging him down. His head ache with all of Mrs. Bryant consistent reminder of transferring as his body felt like a rock with restless sleep.

Minutes pass before Y/N stop at a familiar shady part of town where a large neon glowing sign shine before him.

Rock Bottom

Y/N push the old moldy wooden door and immediately the smell of tobacco made its way into his nose. Walking pass several people laughing and drinking he sat at an empty booth. Stuffing his hands at his pockets a bartender approach him.

"What would you — Y/N? "

"James, " Y/N nodded his head in greeting, "I'll take my usual. "

James still a little surprise nodded before making my usual drink.

"Long time Y/N. " James place Y/N drink in front of him.

"Five years to be exact, " Y/N gulp his drink down in one gulp. "Keep them coming, "

"Why are you here exactly Y/N? " James ask as he prepare Y/N another drink. "After all these years, what made you come back here? "

Y/N gulp his drink again in one gulp before giving James a wry smile.

"There are only two reasons people drink in this world: It's either for pleasure or when they hit rock bottom. Which do you think am I? "

When Y/N finally exit 'Rock Bottom' it was already night. The cold air seep into his hoodie and jeans but Y/N didn't even feel a thing. His mind was a buzz but instead of a empty and loopy buzz — it was a buzz where several memories play in front of his droopy eyes.

"Stop, " He mutter as a memory of him and his old friends played in his mind like a movie.

A sharp pain filled his shoulder as a strong force sent him skidding down the pavement.

"Watch where your walking asshole! " A deep voice shouted.

Y/N blink back his red droopy eyes and found a buff muscular guy glaring at him as a pleading woman tug his meat size arm.

"C'mon babe, let's just go home, " The blonde woman said.

The guy gave Y/N another harsh glare before grabbing his girlfriend hand and storming off. Y/N stood back up and continued walking pass alleyways and busy streets.

"Stop, " He said as a memory of him and his parents laughter echoed in his ear.

A flash of light and a ear splitting 'honk! ' knock Y/N momentarily out of his daze.

"Get out of the road! "

Before Y/N could move out of the way, the tip of his shoe collided with his other shoe, tripping him down. Pain filled his body momentarily before it disappeared. Ignoring the loud honking and curses; Y/N turn his body around in the ground. Bright stars filled the vast darkness in the sky.

"I saw love, " A soft husky voice whisper in Y/N ear.

Y/N could remember that day. The day he knew he was caring for someone he barely knew. The day where he broke his own shitty routine. The day where he started seeing stars as love waiting to be found. The day he stopped feeling alone.

"Lauren, " Y/N whisper as his eyes close and everything else fade away.

A second, A minute more pass before: "Y/N! "

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

638K 20.7K 44
Y/N is a 17 year old girl who is still in high school, her parents don't really pay attention to her because of work it's like their work is more imp...
146K 31.4K 80
It's been over a year since Camila left Y/N. Are things going to ever get better between Camila and Y/N or was the end really the END.. has Camila re...
227K 5.1K 44
their world was built on sex, love and lies. she came with an intoxication that wasn't seen before, consuming her and demanding her. Lauren seemed t...
57.6K 1.5K 25
Lauren always wonders to herself when she fucked up in her life. How she lost the love of her life? How she didn't think twice? Now she's gone and do...