The Lion King: Now or Never

By Skyy15

This is the second book added to my second Lion King Fan series "Makosa's Beginning". Things started out goo... More

The Lion King: Now or Never
Wedding
Spirit of The Great Kings
Honeymoon
Baby Sitting
A Hunting Lesson
Trespasser
Not Fit For A Lioness
Lion King Live Action Movie
The Past
A Strange Reunion
A Situation
Rejection
Brothers
The Secret
The Prince Is Home
A Date
Special Power
Thank you!
Love Stinks
Destiny
The Plan
Ceremony
Staying Friends
Substitute
Family History
Goodbyes
The Future
The Talk
Prayers
Worry
It Will Be Okay
What About Our Future?
Fire
We Meet Again
The Search
A Crazy Night
Merry Christmas!
Something Weird
Sacrifice
Strong Leaders
AUTHOR'S NOTE
War
Rescuing The Prince
A Cure
Not Suppose To End This Way
Third Book

Not As Planned

259 12 13
By Skyy15

Makosa

I am at home patiently waiting for my brother Heri to return. I have not seen him since earlier today we had our argument. I have to admit, it was pretty foolish and silly of us to be arguing like cubs. I thought it through and spoke to my wife Bahiya about it. She said that I should apologize for my behavior and to put everything behind us. So, I follow her advice. I am sitting on Pride Rock's ledge, scanning my reddish brown eyes across the kingdom.

I now see a light peach-ish fur, light beige muzzle, underbelly and paws, black nose, green eyes, dark brown mane lion coming to Pride Rock. Close beside him is a lioness who has burnt orange fur, chestnut colored eyes, small tuft on her head and sharp claws that stay out. Its Heri and Auni both returning home. Finally I can begin...

I quickly race down the rock. Auni is coming up, but stands aside seeing me rushing pass.

"Oh, hey Makosa!" She greets.

"Hi there, Auni!" I replied, fast. I dont have time to chat right now. I need to reach to Heri before he leaves.

Heri I noticed was about to follow Auni up to the cavern. I come out of no where and jumped in front of him with full surprise, stopping him in his tracks.

"Hello, big brother!" I greet, kindly with a smile.

Heri raises a brow. "Oh uh, hey Makosa..." He replied, after clearing the awkwardness from his throat. "What do you want? I thought we were finished after having our argument earlier?"

"You know Heri, I didn't tell our parents what happened. I had put some more thinking into it and felt that I was being selfish not you. Earlier I have behaved like a cub. I am sorry for my words and actions. Do you forgive me brother?"

Heri is puzzled. "How do I know if you truly mean it?" He asks, while squinting his green eyes.

"I can simply prove it to you." I replied, with seriousness in my tone. "How about we start off by taking small steps? To begin, I can hunt us both lunch and we can find a more better spot to eat and talk. You know, us two brothers hanging out without our friends and family disturbing the peace. I really want our old bond back Heri. What happen to us?"

"I dont know. Lots of things had happened apparently since I was gone from here..." He said, while looking down at his paws. He closed his eyes while releasing out a heavy sigh. "Alright, I will give you another chance. I also apologize for the hurtful things I have said out of anger. We are brothers and brothers should always stick together no matter what. I remember mom had taught us that when we were little..."

I chuckle remembering. "Yeah, she did! But you're right. Let's put the argument behind us and go have some lunch together. How does that sound?"

"Cool. I dont have anything else to do."

"Great, follow me."

I lead the way. Heri trails beside me with wonder. We were walking in silence for a few moments until...

"Uh, Makosa?"

"Yes, Heri?"

"Where are we exactly? I dont see any herds here. Are you sure these are the correct hunting grounds?" He asks, suspiciously.

"I am very sure! Father had showed me another good area to hunt. I use to come here a lot to train. We're almost there, just a bit more further to go."

"Oh, okay..."

Heri now slowly walks and is behind me. He looks over his shoulder not seeing Pride Rock anymore. It is clear that we are no longer in the Pride Lands. He stops walking while I kept going.

"Okay, something doesn't feel right to me. Maybe you've missed the wrong turn. We should go back and just hunt in our pride's own hunting grounds."

I ignore him not saying a word but smirk. I keep walking and shortly disappeared inside the tall grasses, my dark brown pelt no longer visible. The plan is in motion. I went up to the spot where I had told the four female hyenas to meet me. 

''Hello?" I call.

They emerge out of the tall grasses with greeting smiles and bowed.

"Hello, my dear Prince!" they said in unison. 

I nod, "Hello my fellow friends! Perfect attendance, now we can start."

"Where is the other Prince?" Siti asked.

"Yeah, I thought you were bringing him along?" said Eshe, who looks around.

"I did." I simply replied. "He is back the other way. I tricked him into thinking that we were going to hunt and have lunch together. He thinks that we have gotten lost or had accidentally split up. He has no clue what is about to happen next."

Imarisha laughs. "Ha! Wow, you and that brain of yours Makosa is so brilliant."

"So, when do we start the fire?" Hallah asks.

"Now." I widely smirk.

The hyenas nod their heads and admittedly took off to start the job. Everything is going as smoothly as planned. I just hope that it will work and all come together. I will be King and will knock anyone down who tries to interfere my title! This crown will be mines in the future. Heri has come at the wrong time. This is my chance to get rid of him for once and for all. If this doesn't work, then I will have to come up with a plan B.

In the distance, I could see thick gray smoke billowing into the skies. The once evening sky is now shielded by a veil of darkness as the smoke swallows up the whole sky. Fierce fire could be seen sneaking their way out from the rows of trees.

"Perfect..." I say, as I watch sitting on a rock.

I can see animals hurrying away as they try to escape the high hot flames. Luckily, I am in a safe area. I patiently wait for the return of my hyena friends to hear if the job has been done correctly. I try to scan my eyes around to see if I see them any where or at least smell them. Its amazing how they have risked their own lives just to win free food from me. These hyenas will do anything and are very loyal to their masters. I thank them because I would have not done this own my own without some help.

Suddenly...

"Boss, boss!" a voice calls.

I twitch my ears and quickly stand on my four paws. Its the hyenas finally back from doing their job.

I smile with excitement. "Hey, you made it back alive! I am shocked."

They walk up to me with nervous faces and their ears lowered. I raise a brow with confusion as my smile slowly disappear.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

Siti, the leader of the four stepped up bravely. "H-He got away, my Prince..."

I frown, my eyes are filled with fiery and something inside me had snapped. I roar angrily, "WHAT?!"

They all jumped with fright and covered their faces. I grabbed Siti by the neck in a tight choke hold. She tries gasping for air as I nearly almost crushed her wind pipe in the process. I release her as she falls down on her side coughing repeatedly. Eshe helps her up.

"Where is he? How did he escape those flames? They are incredibly high, that is impossible!" I said, growling.

"We dont know, Makosa. We tried to chase after him but we almost got slammed by a fiery tree." Imarisha shortly explained.

"Yeah, we didn't want to get killed. Our lives are also important too ya know." said Hallah, nodding.

"ARGH!"

I throw my paw at Hallah. I had almost clawed her face until she had quickly dodged my attack with luck this time.

"You all will be dead if you dont find him. Go now! Keep looking or I will make sure to starve you all for the next three days without food. Dont come back until I have a full report." I threatened with anger.

They quickly nod their heads and took off running with their tails between their back legs.

"Heri will be mines and I will make sure of it!" I said to myself, while pacing back and forth.

Time for plan B...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 176 30
It has been three months after Kiara and Kovu's adventure. Everything is now back to normal. For the past months Kovu had been tagging along with Sim...
22.3K 141 48
Kion and Tiifu are living together in peace while Kovu and Kiara step up and become King and Queen of the pridelands. When a new threat comes to the...
40.8K 892 52
King Kovu and Queen Kiara are the current rulers of the Pride Lands. An all new Circle of Life will begin in their paws. How will everything turn out...
80.4K 1.9K 35
Kion and Rani are facing best friend of Scar his name is Cheka who wants to take revenge to Simba who killed Scar and take the Pridelands What will h...