Love of a Raven

By StoryTellers17

"W-why do you turn others away?" He asks me again, worried and slightly afraid in his voice. "Because they w... More

Chapter 1: My Raven's Name
Chapter 2: The Witch's Prophecy
Chapter 3: My Lonely Master
Chapter 4: Angelic Encounter
Chapter 5: Demonic Ways
Chapter 6: Deathly Visit
Chapter 7: Conflicts Emerge
Chapter 8: New Tastes
Chapter 9: Infuriating Stand
Chapter 10: Secret Exposed
Chapter 11: A Ball to Infiltrate
Chapter 12: Evasion of News
Chapter 13: Another Side
Chapter 14: Friendless
Chapter 15: Goodbye For Now
Chapter 16: Newly Family Members
Chapter 17: Two Halves of Myself
Chapter 18: Results of the Outcome
Chapter 19: Contract Development
Chapter 20: Better Left Unsaid
Chapter 21: Arguing in the Kitchen
Chapter 22: No Secrets Amongst Us
Chapter 23: Gathering Information
Chapter 24: Searching for Clues
Chapter 25: Deciphering the Truth
Chapter 27: Demonology Night
Chapter 28: Trust Must Be Earned
Chapter 29: There's Kindness in Hospitality
Chapter 30: Uncovering Hidden Secrets
Chapter 31: Magic and Its Unpredictability
Chapter 32: Limitations on the Body
Chapter 33: Meeting My Family
Chapter 34: My End of the Contract
Chapter 35: Twice the Murder
Chapter 36: The Odds Against Me
Chapter 37: Bringing to Light a Mystery
Chapter 38: The Final Victim
Chapter 39: Choosing a Different Suspect
Chapter 40: A Step Forward
Chapter 41: Revelations Come with a Sacrifice
Chapter 42: The Death of One Too Many
Chapter 43: My Actions Can't Be Undone
Chapter 44: Persistent Visitors
Chapter 45: The Dark Truth
Chapter 46: Live On For All
Chapter 47: Rising from the Ashes

Chapter 26: Pleasant Envision

188 3 8
By StoryTellers17

Bloody hell! I'm late! I'm bloody late! He's going to be absolutely crossed with me! How could I forget about our date tonight?! Today is an extremely important day for me and I overslept! Out of all the days I could've slept in, it had to be today! I thought frantically while running through the woods.

Fortunately, my accelerated speed helped me arrive to my destination. An open clearing with a luscious grass field covering the entire area and in the center of that clearing is a young man sitting with his back towards me. His head tilted back a bit so he could stargaze at the night sky while his posture is relaxed as though he doesn't have a care in the world. He looks absolutely peaceful like this.

Without wasting another second, I walk up the last few steps and crouch behind him where I wrap my arms around my love. His body jumps slightly before easing back to his relaxed state. He chuckles softly and murmurs, "You're late."

"I'm terribly sorry for my tardiness. I overslept, but I'm here now. I hope I didn't keep you waiting long?" I apologize as I place a soft kiss on the spot of his neck just below his ear.

"You did. You made me wait for you for a whole minute." He states firmly.

Gasping in shock, I pull away from him and walk around him until I was squatting in front of him. Sure enough, he has a look of annoyance on his handsome face. His azure eyes were glaring at me while his arms are crossed in front of his chest. Although he looks angry, he looks bloody adorable to me that I ended up chuckling softly.

"What are you laughing about?! Whatever it is, it's not funny, Doru! Don't you know how cold it is out here? I didn't bring a coat for myself!" He complains with a scowl forming.

Ever since I told Alexandru of my identity as his pet raven, he had a hard time referring to me by my real name that I told him that he could continue calling me Doru if he wants. It made things a lot more easier for us after that. Alexandru doesn't continue to stumble over his words and I no longer have to remind him that it didn't bother me when he calls me by my old pet name. I find it sweet that he continues to say my raven name because then it means he saves my actual name for only important matters.

"I'm sorry, I know you're upset but you look so adorable, Alexandru. Please, forgive me?" I ask once I calmed down.

"No, it's our anniversary today and you were late. What would have happened if I froze to death? Sitting here waiting for you? Or got eaten by some animals?" Alexandru protests as his bottom lip juts out into a pout.

Shaking my head at him, I bring my right hand up to his left cheek and lean towards him until my lips met with his. From the contact alone has my heart soaring even if Alexandru doesn't kiss me back immediately. But since he hasn't pushed me off of him, I could only assume that he's not entirely mad at me. Nevertheless, I break away from the kiss and stroke his cheek with my thumb which effectively brought a faint shade of pink on his cheeks.

"I highly doubt that in one minute you would have either freeze to death or get killed by a hungry animal. You can't freeze to death nor would you allow any animal to eat you. I fear more for the animal than you." I note, causing Alexandru to huff.

"You're still late. . ." Alexandru repeats in a low murmur while he tilts his head down.

"Yes, I'm still late. I spent five seconds checking the time, twelve seconds to fix my bed hair mess, twenty-three seconds in changing into this outfit I'm currently wearing, seventeen seconds to run from my house to the clearing, two seconds to admire you from afar, and finally one second to run to you." I comply and smirk a bit mischievously from my attempt of an explanation.

"You counted all of that, but you couldn't wake up earlier?" Alexandru counters.

"Sleeping is a luxury for me! I don't have the urge to sleep every night or day like you do and whenever I do have the feeling of being tired, I take full advantage of it. Unfortunately, it happened to be last night and I just barely woke up in time to meet you." I argue as I sit down on the grass.

Unlike vampires who need to sleep daily, demons don't require any form of rest. For demons, a good hour or two of sleep per year is enough to sustain them without becoming an irritable being. But, since I am a vampire-demon hybrid, I need to sleep for about four or five hours every month.

"I know." Alexandru replies as his lips form a smirk. Before I knew it, he lunges himself onto me to the point that I fall back with him landing on top of me.

Instinctively, I wrapped my arms around him as a way to prevent him from hurting himself and thus, allowed myself to break his fall. Our fall brought Alexandru into a fit of laughter that I couldn't help but relish in the sweet sound. He doesn't show this side of him often and I rather enjoy what little moments of bliss he can get than remind him of what awaits us from the safety of the woods.

"Doru?" Alexandru calls, his voice drawing me back to the present. I hum in response at the same time I focus my attention on his handsome face hovering over mine. "What are you thinking about?"

"You and how happy I make you. I do make you, yes?" I answer then tilt my head in a curious manner.

Instead of responding to me verbally, he brings his head down and pecks my lips softly. I say peck because by the time his lips landed on mine, he pulls away just as quickly while lifting himself off of me. I roll my eyes at his mischievous behavior and prop myself up into a sitting position.

"Does that answer your question?" Alexandru asks with his all too familiar smirk.

"No, not really. But this might." I begin while I reach inside my coat pocket and hold out a small black velvet box to him. His eyes widen and the smirk he had on earlier disappears, replacing it with his jaw practically dropping.

"Wh-wh-what's in that box?" Alexandru stutters, his eyes never leaving the small box.

"Two ordinary rings. One for you and one for me as well." I reply aloofly and shrug my shoulders as I open the lid. I didn't think his eyes could get any wider until I lift the lid open to reveal two silver rings inside.

"Garrick. . . What do these rings signify?" Alexandru questions, confusion and a bit of fear lacing his voice.

I remove one of the rings from its small pillow and grab hold of his left hand, lifting it up to eye level. I bring my right hand that held Alexandru's ring close to his hand and announce, "These rings signify our love for each other. If I heard the humans correctly, they're meant to promise us that we would love each other forever."

With that, I place the ring on Alexandru's left finger where a traditional engagement ring should take its place. I plan to give him one of those too, but in a better time. A time where two males are free to love each other without having any form of judgement thrown at them. I have no fear of what others could do to me since I am basically invincible, but Alexandru can get hurt which is why a promise ring is good for now. Besides, I think it's fitting for our anniversary.

"And you think you'll love me forever?" Alexandru ponders which instantly caused me to look up at him.

"I know I'll love you forever. I've been in love with you ever since I kept you company in your lonely castle. I've loved you then and I love you now." I declare firmly while I place my hands on his cheeks.

Alexandru didn't respond to my love confession, mostly because I have told him this before, but this is the first time I seen him tear up from it. In no time, his tears cascade down his cheeks despite my efforts to wipe them away. When that didn't work, I wrap my arms around him and pull him to my chest. His silent tears turn to sobs, but I didn't mind it. I let him soak my shirt with his tears while I stroke his brown hair soothingly and hum a tune.

We stayed in this position for what seems like hours and honestly, sitting here with Alexandru in my arms is already enough for me to be happy. All I ever wanted is his love, I don't need anything else. Now that I have his love, what more could I ask for?

"You have a good voice. . . H-how come you don't sing for m-me?" Alexandru comments quietly. I look down at him and find that he's staring up at me with a look of awe.

"Was I singing?" I ask, tilting my head a little to the right, to which he nods his head. "Huh, I didn't even noticed."

"You should sing more often. I like hearing your voice." Alexandru suggests as his cheeks start to redden.

"I'll keep that in mind, my love. Now then, we were supposed to be having a lovely walk in the moonlight. Shall we get started on that or would you rather stay here like this?" I note with a soft chuckle, noticing how high the moon had risen. We don't have much time to spend together. Not that I don't staying like this with him, but I promised him a walk in the woods and I'll do that for him until he says otherwise.

"Let's walk. I need to feed anyway." Alexandru declares and pulls away from our embrace. He stands up, wiping his cheeks dry from his earlier sobbing, and helps me rise to my feet.

Once I was standing, I take the other ring on the box and place it on my own wedding finger before returning the velvet box back into my pocket. After doing that, I turn my head only to see that I was alone in the clearing. Where Alexandru was standing earlier is now empty and I felt a surge of panic coursing through me.

"Alexandru? Alexandru, love? Wh-where are you?!" I shout to the clearing, but I didn't received a response. My heart beats frantically and I start to hyperventilate as thoughts of Alexandru abandoning me cloud my thoughts.

Where is he? Wh-why did he leave me? Did he hate the promise rings? I bet he did! I knew I shouldn't have given those bloody rings on our anniversary! It was too soon and now he's left me here all alone! Without a bloody explanation no less!

"Garrick?" I heard someone call which made me look up swiftly, coming face to face with Alexandru. His lips were red, presumably from drinking blood, and his eyes were staring at me as though I was a wounded animal.

In less than a second, I lunge myself to him and hold him as close to me as possible. Alexandru doesn't question me and simply returns the gesture while I nuzzle into his hair. I really thought I lost him or rather, he left me. I don't know what I would do with my life if Alexandru wasn't with me. I can't live without him by my side.

"Are you alright, Garrick?" Alexandru asks cautiously, pulling me out of my dark thoughts.

"Do you love me?" I blurt out as my response. I have to know. . . I need to know if he feels the same way. . .

"What?" Alexandru replies which only made me a tad frustrated.

Straightening myself up, I tilt my head down enough that we were in the same eye level as I drag my hands to his forearms. I rest my forehead against Alexandru's and repeat myself, "Do you love me as much as I love you?"

"Of course, I do. You know, I do, Doru." Alexandru answers. He didn't say it. He needs to say it.

"Then tell me that you love me." I request, hoping he would do as I ask.

"Doru, why do you want me to tell you what you already know?" Alexandru questions as my earlier fear begins to grow again.

"Please. . . T-tell me that you love me. . . I want to hear y-you say it. . ." I beg and shut my eyes in hopes that no tears will fall.

". . . I love you. Now please don't cry? I don't like it when you're crying." Alexandru mutters bashfully while something strokes across my right cheek.

Opening my eyes, I find Alexandru's arm raised which I'm assuming is because he's wiping away my tears. So, I let him continue until he was done and gives me a soft smile. I lean my head to his and gave him another soft kiss. This time, he didn't hesitate on returning it as I place my arms around him and draw him closer to me.

The kiss wasn't rushed nor was it too simple. It was the one that can make time freeze and make us the only two beings on earth. It was the type of kiss that I enjoy the most whenever I kiss Alexandru because that is all I want. To be with the one I love and be loved by my love.

But like all good things, it comes to an abrupt end.

When I pull away from Alexandru, I notice a figure hiding among the trees. A figure that looks oddly familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. I wanted to walk towards the figure when a very familiar and very annoying voice shouts above me.

"Damian?" I call out once I pinpoint the voice to be directly above my head. Then, everything turns black.

*                 *                 *

"WAKE UP ALREADY!!!" Damian screams at the same time I flutter my eyes open.

There, hovering over me, is my friend Damian with his face really close to mine that if I tilt my head up just a little, our lips will meet. However, I have no desire to do such a thing since Damian isn't exactly the sort of person I would ever be attractive towards. My only love is Alexandru, it has to be him. Nobody else.

"What are you doing?" I ask him nonchalantly, as though this was a completely normal encounter between us.

"Waking you up." Damian states in a snobbish like tone. Don't get angry, don't get angry. . .

"Why did you feel the need to wake me up from my nap?" I question calmly.

"Because, my dear little protege, we're going to have some fun tonight. And I don't want to hear about your human contractor! He hasn't called you and he's not going to call you. I made sure of that." Damian declares cheerfully with a big smile plastered on his face.

"You what?!" I shout furiously and sit up which resulted in Damian to fall back on my bed.

"I just told him that you were going to be having your annual sleep that takes about two days maximum. Don't worry, he said he'll only call if it's in an emergency." Damian assures, though it did anything but that.

Still, what's done is done. I'll explain everything to Galvin once Damian's need for company wears off and I could meet up with him. For now, I'll humor Damian by asking, "And where exactly do you plan to take me out for some fun? It better not require any destruction or killing of anyone."

Damian gives me a sly smile and answers, "We're going somewhere secret."

*Nickole's Note*
Hey, guys! I did it! I wrote out this entire and long chapter for you guys! Honestly, I was really excited about this chapter and I had so much fun writing it! Anyway, let's get to some of the Fun Facts out of the way. I think there's one and then we can talk about this chapter. So, here we go!

1. According to Google, promise rings are a sign of commitment between two people that can mean many things like promising to love one another forever.

2. The picture above is how the clearing looks like that I thought it would be better to use it as a background picture for the quote of the day rather than sending a link. Also, I chose this quote because it related more to Garrick right now.

3. All the parts with Alexandru in it is approved by Sora.

4. This is more of a head's up, but pay really close attention to this chapter. I don't want to give any spoilers away, but this entire chapter is a foreshadowing.

That's all! I hope you guys liked the chapter. I had people asking me when Alexandru will show up again and I decided that this is a good way to bring him in. So for all of you guys who wanted to see Alexandru again, you're welcome. Do you guys think this little dream might become a reality when Garrick finds Alexandru? Where do you think Damian is going to take Garrick? Will it be somewhere fun for Damian or for Garrick? The last two questions will be answered in the next chapter! And you guys will meet a new character there too! As always, I hope you guys liked the chapter and I will try to get the next chapter up as soon as I can. If you guys have any questions about when I'll update the next chapter or why I'm taking so long, please check out my activity page for more information. Until then, I'll see you guys next time! Enjoy~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.6K 1.7K 76
"I, Amelia Anderson, reject Nickolas Adams II as my mate." I have had enough. I don't know why I didn't even reject him the second I arrived here. Wh...
5.2K 301 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
1.7K 135 34
Michael Kilbane was a normal kid. He had a best friend, Sariha, and amazing parents and everything was going good for him. In one day he lost it all...
471K 26.2K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...