Bad Boy Brady

Bookworm_Tina által

"I don't trust you." Amelia said in all honesty. "Smart girl." Brady said. Amelia took a step closer. "But... Több

An Arrogant Stranger
The Bad Boys Territory
Rich Girl Schemes
Summer Party Gone South
Little Thing Called Guilt
The Bad Boys Warning
Sleepover at The Rylands'
A First Apology
Information Extortion
Daddy Issues
Friends?
Bad Boys Need Advice Too
The First Date
Uptown Girl Apology
A little Chivalry
A Kid Named Lukas
Tip into the Bad Boys Past
Brady the Bully
Seperated
Making Amends
Waltzing His Way into Her Heart
Leaving Each Comfort Zone
Small Sibling Spat
Meeting The Stantons
Driving Lesson
A Peek into the Past
Sparking Old Memories
Patronizing Pam
The Bad Boys Motive
Tending Fresh Wounds
Brady's Haunting Past
Kiss and Make Up
It's Holiday Season
Mia on a Mission
The Interns
Interns at Work
Confronting Pam
Lily Letting Loose
A Turn for the Worst
Bad At Goodbyes
B for Broken
Crossed Limits
Brady in Trouble
Dad's Dirty Secrets
May Justice Be Served
We All Hurt A Little Sometimes
I Miss You
Bumping Into The Past
Destination: Forever
Epilogue

Her White Bread World

2.1K 75 18
Bookworm_Tina által

"Brady?" Lily pressed when Brady didn't give her an answer.

Brady shrugged. "I have no idea; she came to the wrong house."

Lily frowned and hummed. "I don't know why but she looked so familiar – as if I know her or something."

"Did she see you?" Brady asked with a hint of anxiousness to his tone.

"Doubt it." Lily replied. "She drove off like a maniac."

Brady let out a breath. "Go on inside."

Lily narrowed her eyes and looked suspiciously at her brother. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." Brady answered flatly.

Lily raised a brow. "Why don't I believe you?"

"Cause you're an idiot. Now why don't you go on inside and see who's back."

Lily let Brady's suspicious behavior pass in anxiousness to see her aunt – whom she knew was back.

Lily rushed inside. "Aunt Ellie!"

Amelia looked up at Brady. "I'll get going."

Brady nodded but as she was about to step outside his voice stopped her. "Wait, how are you planning to get back home?"

"I'll call Stan." She answered.

"And you're just going to wait outside here until he arrives?" Brady questioned.

"Yeah I guess so. I think I've overstayed my welcome." She answered sheepishly.

"Since when does Amelia Stanton take a hint?" Brady teased.

Amelia however didn't catch on to his teasing tone. "You know what; I think I'll just go for a walk until Stan finds me."

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Brady asked sternly.

"Threaten you?" she repeated his words. "How on God's green earth is that a threat?"

"You know I won't allow you to walk all by yourself in this neighborhood." He told her.

"Allow me?" she ridiculed his words. "Since when do you have think I have to seek your permission for things?"

"Since you're mine." He stated.

Amelia pretended her heart didn't flutter at his claim on her; she didn't want to let him see the effect a simple thing like a few words of his had on her.

"Says who?" she retorted.

He stepped closer to her, until his chest was almost against hers and looked down at her; his taller frame overpowering her smaller one. "Me."

She swallowed and let out a breath before she wrapped her arms around him and rested her head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her too and the two of them hugged each other for a long moment.

"I'm sorry." They said to each other in unison.

She pulled her head away but her hands were still firmly around his. "For what?"

"For telling you to leave so rudely and for being a bit of an asshole to you, I know you meant well." He told her sincerely.

"And I'm sorry for putting my nose where it doesn't belong. I know deep down somewhere it hurt you." She said.

"It didn't hurt me." he told her.

She gave him a look. "Don't hide from me."

"I'm not; I'm telling you the truth." He said nonchalantly.

She sighed and shook her head before she hugged him again, taking in his cologne as her head nuzzled his chest.

"Do you really want to go home?" he asked her after their long moment of silence.

"No." she answered.

"I want to show you something." He told her.

He took her hand and together they walked to his truck. He got into the driver's seat and she rolled her eyes when she had to open the door for herself.

"What?" he grinned at her as he started the engine.

"You have no chivalry whatsoever." She told him.

"Oh is the princess used to someone opening the door for her?" he questioned.

"Yes she is." She answered.

"Too bad you'll never get that from me." he cheekily retorted.

"I'll make you eat your words one day, mark my words." She stated.

"No one can change me." he smugly said.

Amelia scoffed. "We'll see."

After a brief drive they pulled up at the garage Brady worked at.

"You brought me to work?" she questioned.

"Stop being impatient and follow me." he told her and led the way.

"Why are we here?" she asked as he opened the shutter gates.

"And does Jarred even know that you're here?" she added.

"Why do you ask so many questions?" he asked. 

"Because I hate anticipation." She answered.

"Just wait." He looked at her and lifted the shutter gates.

"Follow me Nancy Jones." He gestured with his head.

"Why Nancy Jones?" she asked as she followed him through the workshop to the back. "And it smells really bad in here." She added.

Brady rolled his eyes. "You're such a princess."

They walked out of the workshop until they reached the back; once they were out back Brady opened another shutter gate.

Brady moved out of the way and gestured for her to look in front and in front of Amelia looked like an old – no, an ancient car. It was charcoal grey and looked very very old school in her eyes.

"A car?" Amelia questioned sounding confused.

"You call this a car?" he asked with his eyes widening a little.

"What else could it possibly be?" Amelia said.

"This is not just a car Amelia." Brady told her as he walked into the garage.

"I really don't understand automobile, you're going to have to talk to me in the common tongue." She said.

Brady sighed. "Mia this is a 1968 Shelby Mustang Cobra GT500." He said with awe hinting his tone.

"Okay." She drawled. "So it's a really old car then."

Brady ran a hand through his hair. "Do you not see the beauty in her? God I'd do anything to feel her... to ride her in the open road."

Amelia cleared her throat. "Just to be clear, is this my competition?"

"Nothing can compare to this beauty." Brady said looking at the car in utter awe.

"I take offense." Amelia stated.

"How don't you see what I see?" Brady asked her.

"I only see a really old car that need to be traded in for-" she trailed off when she looked at the spark in his eyes.

That car really made him happy for some reason and happy wasn't a look Brady wore very often.

Amelia walked in the garage next to him. She looked up at him and smiled. "Tell me about it."

"About what?" Brady asked her.

"Tell me about this car, about what makes is so special but mostly what makes you love it so much?" She spoke softly.

Brady walked around the car and ran his fingers gently over the grey metal and Amelia noticed how there wasn't even a speck of dust on it.

"This car," he began still keeping his eyes locked on it. "Belonged to my dad."

Amelia finally understood why he loved it so much. Makes sense now.

"I remember when I was a boy; he used to go on a drive in it on weekends. When I was a little older he used to take me and we used to stop and eat ice cream together. He loved fudge flavored and my favorite was always chocolate." Brady had a sad smile on his face as he reminisced.

"This is the closest thing I have to him." he added.

Amelia took his hand in hers and gave it a squeeze.

Brady blinked and composed his emotions. "Do you want to sit inside?"

Amelia grinned with a nod. "Sure."

Brady pulled the key from his pocked and opened the door and got in the driver's side.

"Okay then, I'll just let myself in." Amelia mumbled to herself before she walked around to the front seat side.

As Amelia stepped into the vehicle and sat down on the soft leather seat she couldn't help but notice what an immaculate condition the car was in.

"How old is this car again?" Amelia questioned Brady.

"It's a '68 model, you do the math." He answered.

"Ancient then." Amelia murmured under her breath.

"Don't hate on her." Brady retorted.

"On the contrary actually, this car being old and that is in a really good condition. I can't even spot a speck of dust." She said.

Brady grinned with pride. "That's because I take care of her."

"Why do guys do that?" Amelia asked. "Call their cars her?"

"Cause we love riding them." He cheekily grinned at her.

Amelia rolled her eyes playfully.

She let out a breath. "So take me for a ride."

Brady raised a brow.

"I... I mean let's take her for a spin." She clarified.

Brady smirked at her but refrained from saying anything to further redden her cheeks.

His smirk dropped and a hint of sadness coated his features. "Unfortunately she doesn't run."

"What? Why?" Amelia asked.

"The engine gave up some years back and I've been trying to save up to get a new one but have you seen the prices of a mustang engine? I just couldn't save enough." He answered.

Amelia felt extremely sad hearing that. All she ever knew was that when she wanted something she always got it and hearing how Brady couldn't save enough money for a car engine made her heart ache for him. She wanted to offer to buy a new engine for him but she thought against it, she knew how egoistical Brady was.

"No I haven't seen the price of any engine." She said.

She took his hand in hers. "I truly hope you get her out on the open road very soon."

"I will, I made a promise to myself." He said.

Amelia smiled at him and gave his hand a squeeze; she had to really fight back the urge to offer to buy a new engine for him.

With her free hand she brushed a few loose strands of hair off his forehead and smiled at him. "I want you to be happy Brady." She said in a whisper.

"I am... right now." He whispered back.

"I'm with the few things which matter the most to me." he added sincerely.

Amelia's heart skipped a beat after hearing such a sweet and emotionally raw thing from him. She bit onto her lower lip and he gazed at them.

He cupped her cheek and moved closer to her until their lips met and they shared a long, deep and loving kiss.

After pulling away Brady slid his thumb over her lower lip and grinned at her. "Making out in my dad's car, real classy Mia."

Amelia furrowed her brows. "What is that supposed to mean? You're the one who kissed me; I just got a little greedy and kiss you back so sue me."

Brady chuckled. "It's so easy to get you all worked up."

"I'm not worked up." Amelia defended herself.

"Yes you are." He said and moved closer to her. "You're all worked up and flustered."

"Flustered?" she repeated.

He rubbed her cheeks with the pads of his thumb. "These tints of pink on your cheeks mean you're flustered."

"Or it means that it's getting a little stuffy in this car." She said.

"Hmm sure." He smirked at her.

"You know you want me." he winked.

"Keep dreaming." She retorted.

"Mia?" he said her name after a long moment of silence.

"Yes?" she replied.

"You know I hate her right?" he said, his voice sounding very vulnerable.

Amelia looked at him and the cocky guy who was with her just a few moments was gone and in his place was a boy who lost far too much at a very young age.

"I know." She replied.

"I don't want to ever see her again. I have no place in my life for her anymore." He said.

"I won't ever repeat the mistake I made, I promise." Amelia assured him.

Brady shook his head. "I was wrong to blame you because if I knew someone had hurt you so much I wouldn't sit idle, I'd probably try to kill them."

"Still I shouldn't have put my nose where it didn't belong." She said.

"True but I don't blame you as well." Brady said earnestly.

"I used to have so much of love and respect for that woman. I couldn't bear to see her cry; I used to go to bed on half a stomach so she could get something to eat as well. I was not even ten years old but I took care of her, I tried to be the man of the house – I tried to take care of my mother and sister. I wanted us to be a family again but she..." he trailed off, his voice cracking slightly.

Amelia instinctively reached out for him and held his hands tight in hers.

Brady composed himself and didn't let himself cry. "How does a mother walk away from her children? How does a woman walk away from kids who just lost their father? How does a woman completely tear her family apart? How does anyone do that and live with themselves?"

"And to top it off she went on to live a fucking merry life and not once did she even try to find us." he said, this time anger was getting the best of him.

Amelia squeezed his hand and kissed his cheek. "She isn't a mother nor is she a woman with any maternal sentiments."

Brady reached over and pulled Amelia into his arms, hugging her as tightly as he could and in that long embracing moment he realized that after many years he felt secure.

**

After lots of digging around through her stuff Lily finally found what she was looking for. She pulled out an old crumbled up photograph and after unfolding it she tried to smooth it over with her fingers. She looked attentively at the picture and took in a breath when she found what she was looking for. In that picture was a young woman with striking blue eyes much like Brady and a tall man with dark hair, in the woman's arms was a little boy and in the man's arms was an even littler girl.

Lily gazed at the woman and she recalled the woman who drove off from their driveway a few weeks back.

Lily ran her fingers over the woman's face. "Mom." She whispered to herself.

"Lillian, do you plan to come down for breakfast or not?" Ellie's voice shouted from downstairs.

Lilt quickly shoved the picture in her back pocket. "Coming." She yelled and left her room.

When she went downstairs to see her brother already at the table eating his breakfast. she looked at him peculiarly.

"Good morning to you too." He mumbled as he chewed down his scrambled eggs.

She scrunched her face. "Have you heard of something called table manners?"

Brady shook his head and chewed his food in a loud way on purpose. "I'll be sure to google that one."

She rolled her eyes. "Why is he awake so early?" she asked her aunt.

Brady cleared his throat. "He is sitting right here and he happens to have work today."

"Anyway what's gotten you in such a mood this morning?" Brady asked her seriously. "Something wrong?"

Lily shook her head. "No, I'm fine."

Brady looked at her blankly for a moment, shrugged and then chewed loudly again.

Lil groaned. "Aunt Ellie!"

"Oh yeah you're just peachy." Brady mumbled to himself.

"Brady stop annoying your sister." Ellie scolded him as she placed Lily's breakfast on her plate in front of her.

"How is it that I'm at fault?" Brady asked.

"She came down looking like a sour grape." Brady added.

"Only because you're annoying. Besides I'm a girl I'm allowed to be moody now and again." Lily said with narrowed eyes.

"She's right you know." Ellie said.

"In these liberal times how does that make any sense?" Brady asked.

"Honey do you need to talk about the bird and the bees again?" Ellie asked him.

Brady chewed down the last bit of his breakfast. "I need to get to work."

Ellie rolled her eyes at her nephew. "Don't be too late."

"Yeah yeah, I'll see you later." He pecked his aunt on the cheek.

"Later grumpy." He said to his sister before he left.

"Aren't you getting late for school?" Ellie asked Lily.

"I'll leave in a bit." Lily answered as she played with the food on her plate.

"Is something the matter pumpkin?" Ellie asked as she observed Lily's odd behavior.

"You can hide behind your womanly excuses with your brother but you can't hide from me." Ellie told her.

As Lily was about to open her mouth the front door bell rang. She was about to go answer the door but Ellie gave her a warning stare.

"You know how I feel about leaving food." Ellie told her.

Lily sat back down on her chair while Ellie went to open the door. In no time Ellie was back with Adam following behind her.

"Good morning Lilykins." He greeted her cheerily.

"That's not my name." Lily replied sourly.

Adam furrowed his brows and looked at Ellie. "Are you sure you said Lily is in the kitchen and not Brady?"

"She's a little moody today." Ellie replied.

"I see." Adam drawled. "I just remembered I have to be somewhere."

"Oh no you don't." Lily who quickly downed her breakfast stood up. "We have plans."

Adam sighed. "Alright." He looked at Ellie. "Aunt Ellie if I'm missing remember your moody niece should be the prime suspect."

"Shut up." Lily told him and together they left.

Once they were outside and inside Adam's car, Lily very seriously turned to him and asked. "Did you get it?"

Adam pursed his lips and nodded before he started the car and the duo left.

**

'Where are you?'

Brady put his phone away after sending a quick text to Amelia and was about to leave work but Cassidy's voice stopped him.

"Leaving?" she asked.

Brady gave her a look. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Will it kill you to be nice?" Cassidy asked.

Brady sighed. "I'm not in the mood for all of this so if this is one of your dumb whims to get my attention don't bother."

Cassidy rolled her eyes. "Screw you!"

"Have a good evening Cassidy." Brady said flatly before he walked pass her.

"Are you meeting up with her?" she called after him.

"Who?" Brady asked with his back still to her.

Cassidy walked around him and stood in front of him. She titled her head to the side and took in his features for a moment. "Princess Amelia."

"That's none of your concern." He replied.

"Does Amelia know that when you're drunk you have a habit of talking... and by talking I mean you spill all your deepest darkest secrets?" she questioned.

"What are you implying?" Brady asked with a small frown.

Amelia reached out to him but he flinched backwards. She grinned at him. "Touchy aren't we?"

Brady shook his head. "I should've known this was just another attention seeking moment of yours."

He began to walk but Cassidy stopped him by grabbing his arm. She stood in front of him and on her tippy toes so her mouth was in line with his ear.

"The night we hooked up you told me..." she started with a whisper in his ears.

Brady swallowed as she revealed to him what he told her in a drunken state and as each word left her lips he grew a little anxious and uneasy, the last thing he wanted was for Amelia to find out what Cassidy now knew.

Cassidy pulled away and smirked at him. "Now I'm done seeking your attention."

"Cas-" Brady began but Cassidy shut him up by placing a finger over his lips.

She stepped closer to him so her lips were just a breath away. "Fear not Brady, your secret is safe with me."

Brady pulled away and put a good distance between them. "Are you trying to blackmail me?"

"If that was the case I'd have wanted something in return to keep your little secret safe wouldn't I?" she replied.

"What do you want Cassidy?" Brady questioned, growing angry at her.

"Nothing Brady, nothing at all." She answered.

"Then why are you doing this?" he asked.

"Doing what?" she asked.

"All of this, telling me that... you know what." He answered.

"Because Brady I just wanted you to be careful, I wouldn't want you to tell this to Amelia in a drunken state. Consider it a favor." She smiled.

"I didn't know you could be so vindictive." He told her coldly.

"Have a good evening Brady." Cassidy smiled at him and as she walked pass him she brushed her fingers over his chest.

Brady wasn't afraid of Cassidy but a part of him was afraid of what might happen if she opened her mouth and spilled the beans.

Brady's array of thoughts were interrupted when his phone vibrated, thinking it's Amelia he pulled out his phone but was disappointed when it was only a client enquiring about their vehicle.

He wondered why Amelia hadn't replied and all of a sudden he really wanted to see her, something about her always took his mind of everything and made him feel more at ease.

He decided to surprise her and visit; he knew she'd be happy to see him at her door unexpectedly.

After a brief drive Brady was at her front doorstep ringing the bell and much to his liking none of her parents opened up and a maid instead welcomed him in.

"Good evening Mr. Brady." The woman greeted pleasantly.

Brady nodded at her as he stepped through the threshold of the door.

"Can I help you with something?" she asked.

Brady shook his head. "Just here to see Amelia."

"I'm afraid Miss. Stanton isn't home at the moment." She informed him.

Brady frowned. "She isn't?"

"Where is she?"

"I don't know." The woman answered.

Brady was about to leave but he decided to be a little spontaneous and surprise her in a slightly different way.

"Well I need to get something of mine from her room, so if you don't mind?" he said to the maid.

The maid was hesitant.

"Trust me Amelia won't mind." Brady reassured her. "I'm sure you know what kind of relationship Amelia and I share."

The maid knew that Amelia gave strict rules to the staff to let Brady in the house and to treat him no less than they treat her.

"Very well." She agreed and in return Brady flashed her a grin and made his way up to Amelia's room.

As Brady made his way to her room he bypassed another room with a door that was halfway open and from the looks of it, it seemed to be the study.

Brady needed paper and a pen so he knocked on the door and when there wasn't an answer he pushed it open to only find it empty. He walked over to the mahogany desk and opened a little drawer where he found a notepad. He pulled out the notepad and with the fountain pen sitting on the desk he began to write...

Dear Mia...

Once he was done writing his little note to her he placed everything back in order before he folded the page in half and slid it into his back pocket.

Brady was about to leave but he examined the room he was in which smelt of wood, polish, books and a bit of leather.

The room was dim lit with just the desk lamp on; there was a huge bookshelf behind the desk filled with many different titled books. The filing cabinet against the back wall caught Brady's attention, the drawer was slightly opened, after looking at it for a long moment he made his way towards it and found himself opening the drawer.

Inside the drawer were numerous files titled 'Confidential', the files seemed to be in alphabetical order. On the side of the files were names, names which appeared to be last names.

The first name Brady spotted was Anderson and as he went along he found a few titled with the letter A.

He rummaged through looking for one last name but when he reached the end of all the files he was left disappointed; he didn't find what he was looking for.

Running a hand through his hair he shut the drawer but not fully, he left it as he found it and after glancing at what he supposed to be Amelia's fathers study he left towards Amelia's bedroom.

Much to Brady's satisfaction her room was unlocked and after taking in her scent which lingered around her room he placed the letter he wrote to her on her pillow and left.

He descended down the stairs and left the house very shortly. He got back into his truck but before he started it he checked his phone and noticed that Amelia hadn't texted him back. A weird feeling crept over him and after much analyzing he realized he actually missed her.

Screw it. He thought to himself as he dialed her number. The phone rang a few times before she picked up.

"Hello?" she said loudly.

"Easy there, do you want to ruin my hearing as well?" he replied.

"As well? What else have I ruined?" she asked him.

Everything I believed in when it came to relationships and girls, he thought to himself but he sure as hell wasn't going to be a mushy ass and tell her that.

"Nothing." He replied.

"Where are you? In a warzone?" he asked her, taking in how rowdy it was in the background.

"You're hilarious." She replied. "I'm out in the city with a few of my friends."

"Friends huh?" he questioned. "And do these friends happen to have names?"

"Of course they do." She answered.

"And?" he pressed.

"And if you want to know their names you should come here and find out for yourself." She told him.

"Nah I'll pass." He replied.

"Oh come on, I'm really missing you." She said.

"Doubt that." He mumbled more to himself.

"What was that?" she asked. "You're going to have to be a little louder; I can't hear you over all of this noise."

"Alright, where exactly are you again?" Brady surprised himself even when he agreed so quickly.

It was a half hour drive for Brady before he was parking outside a night club, the very same night club Amelia was at. Brady didn't like that she was at a nightclub at all, in fact it made his skin crawl that she was alone with her dumbass friends in such a place.

The bouncer stopped Brady as he was about to enter.

"I.D please?" he asked Brady.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Brady scoffed.

"I'm afraid not." The bouncer sternly answered.

Brady pulled out his driver's license and showed it to the bouncer. Brady was easily let in and after paying the entrance fee and getting a dumb stamp he hated getting he entered the loud, crowded club.

The music was blasting and everyone in that club looked drunk. The entire place smelt like alcohol and some weird aroma that was being pumped into the air.

Brady made his way through the crowded dance floor until he reached a small flight of stairs which went up to the VIP section.

There was a door and outside the door stood two tall and bulky bouncers.

"I'm sorry sir but there is a private party going on in here." The bouncer said.

"Yeah I know, I was invited." Brady told him.

"Your name?" the other guy asked.

"Brady."

The guy looked at a paper and then up at Brady. "I'm sorry sir but your name isn't on the guest list."

"Look my girlfriend Amelia Stanton is in there, call her and she'll tell you." Brady said, losing his cool little by little.

"I'm sorry sir." The bouncer replied.

Brady sighed before he pulled out his phone and dialed up Amelia but this time she didn't answer, the phone only rang. Cursing under his breath he dialed her up again and once again she didn't answer.

"Fuck it." He said under his breath. "I don't need this shit."

Irritated and annoyed Brady shoved his phone back in his pocket and was ready to leave but just as he was about to take one step down a male voice stopped him.

"Hey Brady!"

Brady turned around to see Hugh looking drunk out of his mind smiling like a complete idiot at him.

Brady forced a grin and greeted him.

"Where are you going?" Hugh asked him as he walked towards him.

"Home." Brady answered.

"What?" Hugh who now put an arm around Brady's shoulder. "Without joining the party? No way dude, you are staying and partying with us."

Hugh looked sternly at the bouncers and then tapped Brady's cheek. "Next time you see this handsome face you let him in without any question, you hear me?"

The bouncers nodded and opened the door.

"He is one of us now." Hugh slurred as he gestured for Brady to walk with him.

Brady was growing more and more annoyed at the drunken ass on his shoulder and he had to really fight the urge to punch him.

Brady walked into the VIP section of the nightclub and it looked like a completely different place. It was fancily furnished, with modern couches and bar stools. At the end of the room stood a fine bar with a bartender attending the needs of the few people present.

"Look who I found outside." Hugh announced with his arm still around Brady.

There were about maybe only fifteen people present and out of those fifteen Brady recognized maybe four. One being Hugh, Hillary, Amelia and one face he couldn't forget was the asshole Aaron who Brady hated more than anyone; the jerk who tried to take advantage of Lily.

Brady already knew it was a bad idea to come but jealousy and concern for Amelia got the better of him and here he was, standing in a room filled with people who made his skin crawl.

Brady noticed Amelia's face light up when she spotted him and she immediately stood up from her seat.

While she walked Brady didn't miss the look of dismay on Hillary and her brother's face.

"Hi." Amelia greeted.

Straight away Amelia caught site of Hugh's arm around Brady and Amelia knew her boyfriend really well and she could tell Brady didn't look too pleased.

"Hugh let go of what's mine." Amelia told him and pushed his hand off Brady's shoulder.

"Ooh touchy Miss. Stanton." Hugh smirked at her.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "Get out of here."

Hugh left them to their privacy and Amelia wrapped her arms around Brady. "I thought you wouldn't make it." She said softly, her lips by his neck.

Brady took in her scent and felt her body heat against his and his annoyance dropped a fraction. He wrapped his arms around her waist and when she pulled away he pecked her lips.

She smiled widely when he showed affection towards her in public, she wrapped her fingers in his and pulled his hand in a gesture for him to follow her.

Together they walked back to the seat she initially was seated at, Amelia sat down and when Brady sat down next to her she scooted closer to him.

Amelia gave Hillary a look and after much self-debate Hillary half grinned at Brady. "Hi Brady."

Brady nodded. "Hailey."

Hillary glared at him. "It's Hillary."

Brady's mood was already off so he really didn't feel like bantering with Amelia's so called best friend so he corrected himself. "Hillary."

Hillary grinned. "Better."

Amelia could sense straight away that Brady wasn't in a good mood. "What's wrong?"

Brady shook his head. "Nothing."

Amelia studied his features, she wasn't buying his answer. "Brady what's wrong?"

"I told you it's nothing." He told her coolly.

Hugh came up to them with a glass which contained a golden brown liquid with ice it. "Drink?" he offered.

Brady shook his head. "I'm fine."

"Oh come on man, you need it after that bouncer episode outside." Hugh pressed.

Amelia looked concerned. "What bouncer episode?"

Brady and Hugh both ignored her question.

"At least have a sip; this is the finest scotch you'll ever taste." Hugh told Brady.

"I'm really not that much of a drinker." Brady told him.

Hugh chuckled. "You're the only one old enough here to legally drink and you're not much of  a drinker."

Hugh nudged him. "Overdid it back in the 'illegal' days eh?"

"Something like that." Brady coolly answered.

Hugh surrendered. "Alright alright, I won't force you but if you change your mind you know where to find the bar."

"He's probably only used to the cheap crap." Brady heard Hillary's brother say quietly to his sister.

Brady chose to ignore that statement.

"Brady." Amelia said to him.

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Are you going to tell me what happened between you and the bouncer outside?" Amelia asked.

Brady sighed. "It was nothing Mia, forget it."

"How can I forget it? I mean look at you, you're in such a bad mood." She said.

"I'm surrounded by underage rich fucking brats who think they shit ice cream." He said. "Do you expect me to be cheery?"

Amelia frowned at him. "I get along quite fine with all of your friends even though we're of a different social class."

"Yeah that's because they don't act like the world revolves around them." Brady retorted.

"You can at least try." Amelia snapped and was about to get up but Brady held her hand down on the seat, forcing her to sit down.

"Mia." He said softly. "Okay okay, I'll try." He attempted a grin.

"But please don't expect me to be nice to that little shit your best friend calls a brother." He told her.

Amelia half grinned. "I don't, I'm not even nice to the arrogant ass."

Brady raised a brow. "Language."

Amelia shrugged. "I'm around you too much."

Brady looked at her seriously. "Do you think that's a bad thing?"

Amelia shook her head. "Of course not."

She rested her head on his shoulder. "I love spending time with you and when I'm not around you I miss you."

Brady couldn't help but smile when he heard that. He put an arm around her shoulder and she pecked his cheek.

Brady pulled away slightly and looked down at her. "What is that I smell on your breath?"

Amelia looked at him with wide eyes. "Mint?"

"Don't try to act cute." He told her.

She rolled her eyes. "I already have one dad Brady, don't need another one."

"Mia you know you don't do well with alcohol." He lectured her.

"It was only two drinks." She retorted.

Brady looked displeased at her but let it go. "Fine."

Amelia smiled widely at him in response.

"What's the reason for this party anyway?" Brady asked her.

"Hillary passed a semester." Amelia giggled.

Hillary looked sourly at Amelia.

"No that is not the reason. Me passing a semester doesn't require a party." Hillary said.

Amelia shrugged. "I'm just repeating what Hugh told me."

"Hugh is an ass." Hillary bitterly spat.

"Whoa what did I do?" Hugh who heard what she said from a few feet away shouted.

Hugh came over. "Move your asses over." Hugh waved at Amelia and Hillary.

Amelia shifted up, sitting half on Brady's lap and Hugh sat down between Amelia and Hillary.

"Alright dolls, tell me what did I do to attain such a demeaning title?" Hugh asked the two girls.

"You got that title the day you were born Hugh." Amelia laughed.

"That's true." Hillary agreed. "But you specifically got it now because you told her this party was in my honor for passing a semester."

"So I got that title for saying the truth?" Hugh frowned.

Hillary slapped him. "I'm not dumb Hugh; I don't need a celebration for just passing a semester."

Amelia and Hugh laughed at their annoyed friend.

"Aww Hillary don't be a sour grape." Amelia cooed.

Hugh laughed. "Remember when we were in fourth grade and she got an A on her math test?"

Amelia laughed so hard. "Yes, how can I forget?"

Hillary narrowed her eyes at the two of them. "You two are the worst kind of friends imaginable!"

"We do this out of love for you Hill." Hugh told her.

"Or for both of your satisfaction." She snapped annoyed.

She looked at Brady. "I'd stay away from these two when they're together if I were you. They're merciless and because they've been friends longer than anyone else in this room they have their own understanding of things and it can really piss anyone off."

"Hillary calm down." Amelia said between laughter. "We're only teasing you."

Hillary glared at her two friends; Hugh leaned over and pecked Hillary on her cheek. "This party is a pre-birthday celebration for Hillary."

Brady who was feeling a little out of place watching the three of them reminisces about their old childhood days asked with a frown. "Pre-party?"

"Yeah for each of my girl's birthday we have a weeklong celebration until the big day." Hugh answered.

"Your girls?" Brady questioned.

Hugh placed one arm over Hillary and the other over Amelia but because Amelia was sitting half on Brady she fell down towards Hugh. He pulled the girls closer to his face and hugged them. "These are my girls."

Amelia smiled at him and Hillary couldn't stop the grin on her face.

Brady nodded, ignoring the terrible feeling stirring in his stomach.

"You know when this one turned sixteen," Hugh began gesturing at Amelia.

"We celebrated for a month before hand." Hugh completed.

"Every weekend we had a party in her honor."

"Yeah and she loved it only because she got gifts every week." Hillary said.

Amelia rolled her eyes. "No that's not true."

"Yes it is." Hillary said.

Hillary looked at Brady. "She actually made a wish list and-"

Hugh cut her off with a chuckle. "Yeah Princess Lia over here named the wish as well."

"Diamonds are a girl's best friend." Hillary and Hugh said in unison.

"Stop it guys, I was young and stupid back then." Amelia said.

"Oh please you loved that diamond set I gave you." Hugh told her. "You wore it to prom, remember?"

"Yeah and then when you went off to Long Island without saying goodbye she threw it away." Hillary told him.

Hugh looked apologetic. "I deserved that."

Brady watched the trio in front of him and from feeling a little out of place he felt extremely out of place. He watched three spoilt very rich kids talk about their childhood and about throwing away diamonds in a misfit for petty reasons and he had a small flashback of when he was sixteen and in that moment he knew he could never fit into that world, they were poles apart.

"Brady." Amelia's voice snapped him out of his reverie.

"You ok?" she asked.

Brady nodded. "Yeah, fine."

"So tell us what you were getting up to at the age of sixteen." Hillary asked Brady.

Amelia's smile from earlier dropped and was replaced with a serious expression. She moved out of Hugh's hold and wrapped her hand around Brady's.

She didn't know the details of Brady's childhood and adolescent days but the little she did know she knew it wasn't pretty.

Brady half grinned. "Well I certainly wasn't having pre-parties or throwing away jewelry."

Amelia looked expressionless at him but Brady could see she was a little afraid that he'd snap at any moment, that he'd yell at Hillary for even asking such a question and seeing that look in her eyes made him feel a little bad. After all this time she still couldn't trust that he couldn't keep his cool.

"I bet with your looks you were attending parties and getting tons of chicks." Hugh chuckled.

Brady grinned in response. "You give me far too much of credit."

Amelia was grateful for Hugh to answer for him and to lighten the mood further she raised a brow at Brady. "Oh yeah and I'm very curious about all these chicks."

Brady really wasn't in the mood to be playful or to even be there but he also didn't want to live up to Amelia's expectation of him so he grinned at her. "None of them matter to me you know that."

Amelia smiled like a silly school girl. "Oh yeah and am I one of those to you?"

"You know the answer to that question." He answered seriously.

Amelia bit on her lower lip. "Yes but I'd like to hear it from your mouth."

Brady wasn't a romantic guy at all and he was feeling a little awkward to answer but he also didn't want to let Amelia down, she was looking at him with such high hopes.

"You're the only one who ever mattered." He answered.

Amelia's smile widened and she couldn't help but kiss him on the lips. .

"And that's my cue." Hugh announced and stood up.

Amelia pulled away from the kiss and stared into Brady's eyes for a long moment.

She smiled shyly at him and began in a whisper, "Brady I-"

"Oh my God!" Amelia's sentence was stopped midway by Hillary's exclamation.

Amelia pulled away from Brady and looked at her wide eyes friend. "What happened?"

Hillary blinked and looked at Amelia worriedly. "Look what the devil dragged in." she said and pointed at someone who just entered the room.

Amelia frowned and looked towards the entrance of the VIP room and there stood a young man about two years older than Amelia with blonde hair and hazel eyes.

His eyes scanned the room and when he saw Amelia he grinned, a deep dimple appearing on his left cheek.

Amelia instinctively grabbed Brady's hand tightly. Brady turned to her with furrowed brows and looked at her with concern.

"What happened Mia?"

Amelia shook her head. "Nothing, please can you take me home."

Brady nodded. "Yes of course but why are you so upset all of a sudden?"

Brady looked at the man who entered the room and back at Amelia. "Who is he? Why are you so upset with him being here?"

"Brady can we talk about this on our way home? I just want to leave." Amelia demanded.

"That is Tristan Harvey." Hillary stated.

"Is that supposed to fucking mean something to me?" Brady was growing really irritated.

"No!" Amelia exclaimed.

"He's Amelia's ex-boyfriend." Hilary told Brady.

Amelia gave a death glare at Hillary.

Hillary looked at her innocently. "Sorry I thought you already had the awkward ex talk."

"Bitch." Amelia hissed at Hillary.

"My bad." Hillary innocently said as she sipped her martini.

"Ex-boyfriend?" Brady asked Amelia.

"He means nothing to me Brady; I just don't want to talk to him." Amelia calmly told him.

"That's not my fucking point Mia." Brady was saying growing angry.

"My point is, is that the same son of a bitch who took advantage of your drunken state?" Brady said each word between his teeth.

Amelia didn't answer but just lowered her head and Brady saw a tear escape from under her eyelash.

"Fuck!" Brady hissed under his breath and stood up.

Amelia looked up sharply and fear grew in her stomach. "Brady!" she called after him but he was already making his way towards Tristan.

"What are you doing here?" Brady heard Hugh ask Tristan as he drew closer.

"What do you mean?" Tristan asked lightly. "I own the place."

"Then I guess this party is ov-" Hugh was interrupted when his glass flew out of his hand and shattered to the floor.

"Brady!" Amelia screamed.

Brady who just pushed Hugh out of the way punched Tristan hard in the jaw.

"What the fu-" Tristan cursed but couldn't complete his sentence when Brady punched him again and again and again.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

263K 10.5K 29
Started 16.4.17 Finished 7.6.17 HIGHEST RANK IS #10 IN TEEN FICTION :) Current cover is by @Aisling_Page "Hey," an unfamiliar voice said behind me, I...
2.1M 53.7K 51
As a result of the tragic death of her father; Heaven Foster's life has mouldered into a exasperating cycle of moving from one home to another. Con...
53.5K 781 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...