Moon Child (Book 1) ~Yoon x O...

By AresEclipse

❤July 2017❤ Ranked #1 in the #Yona category [18/9/18] [COMPLETED] [EDITING] [Chapter 3 edited 27/08/2020] Jo... More

Tsukiko Character Info
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Mia's character profile
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
AUTHORS NOTE (plz read)

Chapter 20

2.2K 63 53
By AresEclipse

(A/N Italics are normal thoughts. Underlined italics are the voices in Tsukiko's head. I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

~Tsukiko's POV~

"A high-risk job...?" Yona-nee asked. I was stood next to Yoon, his arm wrapped protectively around my waist, but I didn't mind. I think I'm starting to like Yoon as more than a friend.

"Yes. Right now you're extra baggage that serves no purpose. If the baggage os to fight alongside us against Kum-ji...I'll need to see if you are appropriately prepared to do it." Captain Gi-gan explained. 

"Prepared...Understood. What should I do?" Yona-nee asked, her eyes shining in determination. 

"...How about you go and pick the Senjusou?" Gi-Gan suggested. The crew began to talk up, obviously not agreeing on her choice. 

~Time skip because you know what happens and I'm lazy~

So now we stood at the edge of the cliff, Jae-ha was with us. We were only there to keep an eye on her. Me more than him, but her cared really, he's just a Tsundere. 

"Yona...that's the vanishing cape. Your task is located down there....What will you do? If you're going to give up, now is the time." Jae-ha spoke as she wind blew past us.

"Yona-nee won't give up! Right, Yona-nee?!" I shouted cheerfully, turning to her with a massive smile, but it fell from my face as she continued to stare into space. I sighed and walked to stand next to Jae-ha, who placed a hand on my head. 

"There's that small path over there, okay? You'll make your way down from there, and then there will be a cavity only you and Tsukiko will be able to fit into. But she won't be going in there with you." Jae-ha explained pointing to a path on the side of the cliff. Yona-nee was shaking, but I wasn't scared, I won't let anything happen to Yona-nee or Jae-ha, even though I know he can take care of himself. 

"Easy, right?" Jae-ha you meany. Suddenly Yona-nee slapped herself making Ao jump a little. Wait why is she here?

"Okay." Yona-nee spoke up before we began making our way down the cliff side. With the narrow path and the wind, I found it slightly difficult to keep on, the wind was trying to blow me off the side. Yona-nee was having trouble holding on to the cliff. Suddenly a gust of wind blew off her hood and she stumbled slightly, making a part of the cliff drop into the sea below. 

"Yona-nee..calm down.." I tried to speak to her, but my voice just got lost in the wind. She continued shaking, and was soon crying. 

"Yona-nee..." I looked back at Jae-ha and he looked straight face, but his eyes held concern. 

"Calm down. The wind isn't that strong." He tried to calm her but it didn't work. He was soon lost in thought and began trying to get closer to her, but it was like the wind was trying to keep us apart. 

"Yona, sweetie...You don't have to push yourself. You should go back if it scares you. The job the Captain gave you is too much. Although you won't be able to fight alongside us against Kum-ji. Nobody is forcing you to do that. You don't need ti jump into danger by yourself. Because you're a girl." Jae-ha explained.

"Jae-ha! Her gender has nothing to do with it! I know you're protective over her because of your dragon blood, but you have no right to say that!" I shouted at him. How could he say that? I'm a girl! I can fight! 

"Sorry, Tsukiko." I just smiled slightly in reply and turned to see Yona-nee shaking her head. 

"YONA!!" Jae-ha shouted making me jump and nearly fall off the path. 

"...I won't...go back...I'll...be o...okay...I have to complete...this one simple job...of course if I can't...I won't be able...to face Captain Gi-Gan...or Hak and the others." Yona-nee managed to get out, her voice shaking in fear. Ao was being her cute self and rubbed her face against Yona-nee's cheek. 

"Ao...Thank you...I'll do my best." I love how determined Yona-nee can be. 

"It's nice that the target is medicine." 

"Why?"

"For instance...right now...If Hak, Yoon...Kija or Shin-ah were seriously injured...and if...the Senjusou was the thing that could heal them...I...would do anything to get it. Even if it was growing right in the middle of a battle ground with arrows falling around...I would go and get it. When I think about it like that...I can go anywhere." I clenched my fists, I wish I could be like Yona-nee. 

"Your legs are shaking." Jae-ha pointed out bluntly. 

"...Is it frightening to lose someone?" Tears came to my eyes as she asked this question. 

"It is. That is the most...frightening thing of all. Seeing people who have lost someone cry is frightening, too." Tears slid down my face as I sobbed quietly. 

I continued following Yona-nee, Jae-ha behind me. They were talking but I couldn't hear them.

'You'll never be like her.'

'You're weak.'

'Everyone will forget about you.'

'Who would want to remember someone like you?'

'You're ugly.'

'You're fat.'

'Weak.'

'Stupid.'

'A burden.'

When I snapped out of it, I found myself in front of a cave thing. Knowing what was inside I stayed standing next to it. I had promised not to help after all. I could see the tide coming in. The waves crashing against the side of the cliff.

"Yona, did you find it?"

"Yes! Ao let's go." Yona-nee was coming out of the cave entrance when suddenly a massive wave came up, making us jump back.

"Yona, Little Lady, are you okay?" 

"Yeah!/Y...Yes!" We both replied. My eyes widened as I saw a wave heading our way.

"JAE-HA, RUN!!" Yona-nee shouted to him. I quickly grabbed Yona-nee and pushed her back into the cave, with her safe, the wave crashed against the cliff, dragging me back as it retreated. Not wanting to die just yet, I grabbed onto a root.

"Yona?!" 'Oh wow, thanks for the concern Jae-ha. Why do these roots have to be so thick? I can't hold on for much longer.' I thought as my hands began slipping, the friction was scratching my hands. 

"Yona!"

"Yona!!"

"I'm okay, Jae-ha!" I heard them talking. Good, she's okay. I sighed in relief. In reality, relaxing probably wasn't a good idea, my hands were slipping more. I shrieked loudly.

"Jae-ha!! Yona-nee!" I cried, tears were falling down my face again. 'Please help me.' I clenched my teeth. 

"Tsukiko!!/Little Lady!!!" The pair screamed. 

"Please help..I'm scared.." I pleaded. 

"It's okay, Little Lady. You're fine. I'm coming." Jae-ha was trying to comfort me, but his calm look, quickly turned into panic as he looked behind me. I knew what was coming and tried holding on tighter, just before the wave hit I was wrapped in a pair of arms and pulled into someone's chest.

~Third person POV~

Quiet sobbing was heard from inside of the cave, Tsukiko had been save, but she was trembling and shaking like there was no tomorrow. Jae-ha had his arms wrapped around her protectively, Yona sat next to her rubbing her back soothingly. 

"It's okay. You're okay now." Jae-ha cooed in her ear. He then turned to Yona.

"You're seriously one hell of a girl. You've been making me really nervous up until now."

"I...was helped after all..."

"I don't want you to get the wrong idea. It's a general principle of mine...to treat women with the utmost care. Even though I wasn't the one that helped you, I still would have if it came down to it." Jae-ha explained trying to act cool about nearly jumping into the sea for his 'master'. 

Suddenly Yona started laughing, causing Tsukiko to start softly giggling, though she was still shaking and gripping on to Jae-ha's robe.

"...What are you laughing at?"

"You were willing to jump into the sea to save me. Thank you. Also thank you for saving my sister." Yona thanked him, smiling softly at Tsukiko, who smiled back and hugged Jae-ha around the neck. 

"I wasn't about to let such a cute lady die. That'd be very ungentlemanly of me. Also...keep this a secret to Captain Gi-Gan."He told her, trying to hide his face.

"Eh?! But..."

"That...That Senjusou is something you retrieved using your own strength....and you protected it...therefore you kept the promise you made with Captain Gi-Gan. What I did or what I would've done was just a bonus. You don't need to tell the Captain." Jae-ha smirked at the red haired Princess. 

"......I still...haven't completely fulfilled it. I need to take this and return to where everyone else is." 

~Meanwhile with the others~

They all stood near the cliff side, staring down in pure shock. Kija had fainted, Hak looked about ready to kill someone, Yoon looked like he may cry and pass out.

"Hey...The Senjusou grows in this type of place...?" Yoon's voice trembled.

"I said it was a steep cliff, didn't I?"

"IT'S TOO STEEP!! This is too much! The sea is rough, and the raging winds could have blown them away!" Yoon was screaming, he was furious that the Captain had let Tsukiko go down there.

"I am going down to help them." Kija stated as he began to run in the direction of the path. 

"Wait." The Captain commanded.

"That girl took on this job to earn my trust. Do you want to tread on her resolve?" She continued.

"But if we do not do something..." Kija trailed off, a look of panic written on his face. 

"Tsukiko is just a frail child, and Yona is just as girl, aren't they?!" Yoon shouted, not really thinking straight. 

"Even women have times when they must fight. The young girl may seem frail, but she is stronger than she looks. Don't underestimate them." Captain Gi-Gan glared menacingly at Yoon, who cowered back in fear.

"Are you fine with this, Hak? Hak!" Kija was trying to get his attention, but he was trying to control his raging blood lust. 

"Yona...Tsu..." Yoon started tearing up, but Shin-ah lightly tapped his shoulder, trying to get his attention. He then pointed out on the cliff side. 

"Hm? Hn-----------------------------------------------------------------Hm?" 

"Yona!!" Yoon shouted running over to the pair walking along the narrow cliff side path.

"You all came!"

"Yona! Where's Tsu?!" Yoon hugged, but pulled back and began looking around for the silver haired Princess.

"I'm here, Yoon." Tsukiko's quiet voice spoke up. Yoon grinned and rushed over to her, pulling her into a tight embrace. 

"Why are you wet Tsu?" He asked the shorter girl.

"Well..I kind of got swept off the side of the cliff by a wave...But I'm okay! Jae-ha saved me!" Tsukiko explained, but also tried reassure him she was okay.

"You what?!" Yoon shouted concerned, as he checked her for wounds. 

"I'm fine, Yoon." The silver haired girl smiled a small blush on her face. Yoon stared at her for a while, his face slowly getting closer to hers. Before anything could happen, loud cheering made the too jump apart blushing. 

"Yona-nee honestly.." Tsukiko laughed as herself and Yoon walked over to the red head, Yoon offering to help her off the ground. Making sure to scold her about being more careful. 

~Time skiiiiiip~

"Why is your cooking so good, Yoon?" Mia asked as she held hers and Tsukiko's bowl, making sure the young girl ate her share. 

"Mia I'm fine. You don't need to feed me." Tsukiko tried to stop her. 

"You won't eat it all though." Mia replied holding chopsticks up to her face. 

"She's right, Tsu. You won't eat it." Yoon replied softly as he came to sit with the pair.

"But I don't need to eat it..." Tsukiko spoke quietly.

"Why is that?" Mia inquired.

"Because....I'm not skinny enough...." She bowed her head in shame. Yoon and Mia looked at each other, concern shining in their eyes. 

"Tsu...you're too skinny. It's unhealthy. Please, you need to eat. I don't like seeing you weak from lack of food." Yoon scooted closer to the silver haired Princess and cupped her cheeks. 

"Tsukiko...why do you want to be skinnier..?" Mia continued to question her.

"I'm too fat...Yona-nee is thinner than me...I'm too ugly, that's why people forget me..." Tsukiko explained quietly. Mia began tearing up and pulled the small girl into her chest, hugging her tightly. 

"Tsukiko, you need to stop comparing yourself to your sister. You're different people. You're not fat. You're underweight. You're too light. If you're not careful you could.....die from lack of food..." Mia trailed off at the end the tears slipping out of her eyes. 

"It's okay...no one would miss me...they'd forget I ever existed.." Tsukiko replied, her voice soft. Mia pulled away from the fragile girl and began walking away after seeing the angry, yet loving look on Yoon's face.

"Tsu! I would miss you! I'd never forget you! Please...if you can't do it for yourself..do it for me...I...I don't want to lose you, I can't. Please Tsu.." Yoon had cupped her cheeks again, his forehead pressed against hers, tears falling down his cheeks as he looked into her purple eyes. 

"....Okay...I'll try to get better...for you, Yoon." Tsukiko tried to smile, but failed, tears fell down her cheeks as she closed her eyes and began quietly sobbing. 

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry Yoon..." She kept apologising as she wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face into the crook of his neck. 

"It's okay, Tsu. I'll always be here for you. You don't have to go through anything alone anymore." Yoon smiled fondly and began stroking her hair soothingly. 

~Time skip to le morning because too much dialogue. no thanks~

Tsukiko and Yona were wondering around not knowing what to do as the others were hard at work. They weren't strong enough to lift things and Yoon had the medical part of things down. So they were just stood to the side looking blankly at the scene unfolding in front of them. 

Jae-ha was wondering around until he spotted the two sisters and hesitantly walked over to them.

"Yona. Little Lady. I'm going to check out the town. Do you want to come along?" He asked them. 

"Yes!" Tsukiko cheered running over and jumping onto his back. He chuckled and walked over to Yona, picking her up bridal style and jumping high into the air. 

"Wow!/Wooooaaahhhh!" Yona and Tsukiko spoke in awe.

"Amazing! The Ryokuryuu is the one who can fly through the sky, right?" Yona asked the green haired male.

"Actually I'm jumping/He's just jumping." Jae-ha and Tsukiko replied at the same time, causing laughter to fill the air. 

"Are you alright being up this high?"

"Yep!/Yeah!" The sisters replied.

"Even though you were scared on the vanishing cape?" 

"I wasn't scared!" Tsukiko shouted hitting the man on the back of the head lightly. 

"It was strange. At that time, I could feel you close by the whole time. Being near you...is relaxing."

"Yona-nee, you flirt." Tsukiko teased. 

".....The blood of the dragon...is seriously annoying."

"?" Yona was very confused. After a bit of soaring through the skies, they had to land. Which they did, but not long after Jae-ha pushed the two girls heads down. 

"Hide!"

"Wah!/Ah!"

"What is it...?"

"It's Yang Kum-Ji."

"I hate the way he looks like he thinks he's so amazing and almighty." Tsukiko spoke, her voice laced with disgust. 

"Looking from above, you can tell there's something twisted about this town. Women and children hide in their homes when Kum-Ji comes around."

"There's someone over there." Tsukiko pointed out quietly. They decided to see what they were doing.

"What's wrong?" Yona asked, making the person jump.

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"I'm...fine." The person answered shakily. Suddenly Jae-ha grabbed their hand.

"You're...a girl, aren't you?" 

"H-How did you know...? " The girl asked trembled as she clutched her hands to her chest. 

"Dare I say it was because of your scent?" Jae-ha answered sparkling slightly.

"You're such a pervert." Tsukiko nudged his side.

"Ah no. A pervert."

"I see. So that's a pervert." Yona stood holding Ao.

"Are you disguising yourself as a man to escape from the officers?"

"Y-Yes."

"It was unusual to see you that frightened earlier. Did something happen?"

".....The officers...No...Did Kum-Ji do something?"

"I-I don't know! I don't know!" The girl fell to the floor clutching and shaking her head. 

"You don't know...?"

~Another time skip (sorry)~

Everyone stood in a group waiting for Yona, Tsukiko and Jae-ha to return. 

"---Ah. Yona..." Shin-ah spoke quietly.

"Really?!" Kija shouted.

"We're back." Jae-ha greeted as he landed. Letting Yona go from his arms and letting Tsukiko slip off his back. 

"What's the scoop?" Captain Gi-Gan asked.

"...Captain...The day of action may be the evening of the day after tomorrow." Jae-ha explained.

"The day after tomorrow...Your reasons for thinking this...?"

"I found the shop where people being sold gathered. On the surface it offers high paying jobs to women. But actually, it's a place that transports women who they think will sell high. I asked someone to ask an employee about it. They told him it was a place for young women wanting work, and when he asked how much longer they were hiring for...the employee said it will be until noon of the day after tomorrow." Jae-ha explained to the Captain.

"So three days from now...at least we have an idea, but...Kum-ji is a greedy man. If there is high merchandise on the line...he will wait until the very last minute. If he's going to move the boats, it will be in the middle of the night when the sun has set...but...we don't know which boat the girls will be on." The captain summed up what Jae-ha had explained.

"From the boat...if something like a firework is fired...from the boat the women are on...will we be able to rescue the women a little more quickly?" Yona spoke up causing heads to turn in her direction. Tsukiko knew what Yona was getting at, and she wasn't about to let her go alone. Her eyes shined a slightly lighter purple as determination blazed in her eyes.

"That may work. But who will fire it?"

"I will." The sisters volunteered at the same time. They both looked at each other and nodded, seeing the fire in each others eyes.

"We'll sneak into the human trafficking camp-" Yona started.

"-We will launch the firework." Tsukiko finished, as her eyes seemed to glow bright purple.

A/N Well that's that! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to comment! I always love hearing from you guys!

Hopefully it won't be long until I post the next chapter.

Disclaimer: I do not own Akatsuki no Yona, Kusunagi Mizuho does. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.7K 1.4K 65
A girl found herself in a strange forest, having no idea where she was, or how did she get there, remembering nothing but her name and that strange d...
82.2K 3.1K 74
─── 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐞�...
94.7K 3.8K 54
Yona of the Dawn Fanfiction. (WARNING ADHD AND DYSLEXIC DON'T MIX SPELLING ERRORS WILL BE THERE! PLEASE KINDLY POINT THEM OUT AND I'LL FIX IT THANKS...
38.1K 1.1K 40
"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟." Himar...