Child of the Dark Knight

By Eingana_Danu_Ngalyod

‼️Currently re-writing this as the story didn't make a lot of sense before, thanks for the patience!‼️ Bruce... More

Author's Note
The Beginning
Meeting Future Friends and Enemies
Strange Friends
Bad Influences
A Vendetta
Development
Development 2
Development 3
Happy Birthday
Fully Formed
Kidnapped again
Holding Grudges
Teaching a Lesson

The Tests

6 0 0
By Eingana_Danu_Ngalyod

Batman's Perspective

I get in the bat mobile to chase after Joker; people are blaming him for a murder; but I can't say he did it until I have evidence. He's killed a man; but I don't know why. I stop when I see cop cars in front of an alleyway; I get out of the bat mobile and talk to Commissioner Gordon. "Hello Batman." He said; "What's going on?" I ask him; "Well; we have a dead body with a slashed throat and a smile on his face; and Joker's knife hanging off the victim's mouth." Gordon told me.

I walked over to the body; and saw exactly what Gordon had described to me. He did have a slashed throat; but I don't remember Joker ever doing something like that; and the smile is the same; and Joker wouldn't leave his knife. "Was it Joker?" Gordon asked me; "I don't think so; it could've been Linda; his daughter." I tell him; "He has a daughter?!" Gordon asks shocked "Yes; she's known to have blackouts when she gets really angry." I told Gordon.

I wouldn't be surprised if Linda only did that because Joker abused his own kid! I thought to myself. I tracked Joker to an abandoned pillow factory; I guess he was in too much of a rush to think of somewhere joke related to hide! I thought. I park my car and walk into the factory; "Joker! I need a word with you about that man you killed!" I shout out; "It wasn't ME!! It was that brat!" Joker yells out in response.

"I honestly didn't expect her to do that though!" Joker chuckled; "Why did she do it?" I asked as Joker jumped in front of me; "Don't ask me!!!" He shouted; "Why don't you ask HERR!!!! I don't know where she is in case you were about to ask." Joker said; I left to go back to the bat cave. "Well bye to you too!" I heard Joker shout.

I need to find out where Linda is... "Alfred; can you find out where Linda is located?" I ask him; "I believe Kate invited her over; don't you remember? She asked you for permission." Alfred replies. Damn... She did...

Kate's Perspective

DING DONG!!! I hear the bell as I lay on my bed. SHE'S HERRRREE!!! I jumped off my bed and raced down stairs; I opened the front door. "Hi!" Linda greets me; "Hellooo!!" I reply; Linda skips into the house. "What do you want to do?" I ask Linda; "Let's watch a scary movie!" She replies excitedly. I get the TV ready and put the DVD in; I sit next to Linda holding the bowl of popcorn.

The movie starts; Linda and I are risking having nightmares watching The Scream. We were watching and eating popcorn; a quarter of a way through the movie I got a blanket and put it over Linda and me. Then we jumped up and screamed when The Scream popped up out of nowhere in the movie! "Hey girls!" Linda and I screamed again; "Whoa it's only me!" Daddy said; "Whoops; sorry sir!" Linda apologized; "It's nice to finally meet you!" daddy told Linda; "Hi nice to meet you too!" Linda said cheerfully. "How are you getting home Linda?" Daddy asked her; "I'll walk; it's not far." Linda said. "Ok; have fun you two!" Daddy said leaving the room.

"I should probably go home now..." Linda sighed; "Ok; I'll see you later?" I replied. Linda nodded and she hugged and I showed her to the door. The next morning; I had to get up; it was Friday. I got up and got changed; I was still tired because I didn't go to sleep until one in the morning.

But last night was fun; even though Linda was only over until midnight. The drive to school was quiet again; Tim was looking out the window. Why the heck did he kiss me?! I asked myself; I looked out the window hoping I would not see that man again. "Hey; why did you kiss me last night?" I asked Tim; he just went red in the face and stared hard out the window. Did he hear me? Was I loud enough? I saw Tim blushing. We dropped Tim off at his high school; because he asked us to; and then Alfred dropped me off.

I walked into the school grounds and waited for Ginnie. "Hi!" Ginnie says scaring me half to death; "Guess what?! Harry didn't bother me at all last night or this morning!" She said. Well that's something! I thought; "Wow; that's really good!" I cheered. The bell rang and Ginnie dragged me into class; "Is Linda here yet?" I whispered to Ginnie; "I don't see her." She replied.

The man named John was there too; "Class; this is John Howard. He's the new teacher." Miss said. Mrs Fouch got John to call the roll; after a few names; he got to Linda. "Linda?" John called out; "Here!" Linda called out slamming the door behind her; "Sorry I'm late!" Linda said handing John a note; then continued with the roll. "Today we are going to learn about Ancient Rome!" Mrs Fouch tells us; the class does a little cheer. While we were learning; I felt like the new teacher kept looking at me. "The new guy is looking at me..." I whisper to Ginnie and Linda; they both give me weird looks.

The recess bell rang; and Ginnie dragged me to our table. "Where's Linda?" I ask Ginnie; "She was at her bag when I saw her last." She replied. Ginnie and I sat at our table; "Oh look here comes my brother!" Ginnie smirked; but Harry had an evil grin on his face. "Run Ginnie..." I whisper to her; "It's ok Kate! Harry's too scared to hurt me;" "Go!" I silently shouted. Ginnie saw his smile; and ran to Abby and Dean. "Leave her alone Harry." I said to Harry; anger rising inside me. "Why? Linda won't be here anymore to save the day..." Harry smirked. "I said... LEAVE HER ALONE!!!" I roared; causing him to fall then stumbled as he ran off.

I looked back at Ginnie; Abby and Dean; they all stared at me; "What? He was going to hurt Ginnie." I said; "That was... Awesome!!!" Dean said; "I think the earth shook a little!" Abby said with a half-smile; Ginnie ran up and hugged me; "Thank you Katie!" She said. "That was cool what you did." Abby told me; "Thank you." I said. The bell rang so we headed to class. Linda; Dean and Abigail were in my class.

Next; we had English; and that was fun. We wrote stories on the computers; mine was about a girl who lost her dog. Lunch came and I sat with Ginnie at our usual table; Harry looked over at one point; I death glared him and he looked away.

"Hey guys; I'm here." Linda said sitting down at our table; "where were you?" I asked her curiously; "I had trouble with my bag." Linda said; it sounded a bit suspicious. Then we had choir and that was fun; apparently I have a good voice. But then Miss Goss saw Linda; "Linda come with me please." Miss said sternly; Linda swallowed hard and followed Miss.

"You're not supposed to be here; Linda. You're expelled!" I heard Miss say to Linda in a calm voice. I saw them walk into the office; and I heard every word. "Linda; you are expelled from this school. I will notify your parents that you are still here; and to take you home." The Principal said; "Yes sir..." Linda said sadly.

"Please take a seat while I call your parents." The Principal said to Linda; then that was it. The bell rang and we had to go to our classes. I had science again; and we were mixing something specific this time. We were going to mix a powder; a liquid and a familiar looking flower.

"Good afternoon; class. Today we will be experimenting with chemistry." Miss said; then began talking about chemistry and mixing chemicals while writing instructions on the board. Ginnie turned on the Bunsen burner; and then we put the liquid in after the water was hot enough. We then put in the powder thirty seconds later; "Ok; now I want you to put a petal of the flower you all have; and remember to use the tongs!" Ms Harriet said; "What is the flower called Ms Harriet?" Tim calls out; "It's called wolfs bane; another name for it is monks head!" Ms Harriet explained.

Oh no... I knew the flower was familiar... I thought. "But Miss; isn't this flower bad?" A kid asked. Wait... If it is why is she making us do this?! I thought; "Ah; well... Yes; but that's what the powder is for; it makes the flower non-toxic as it mix's; but you do need to use the tongs; please." Miss said. Ginnie put in one petal of wolfs bane; and after a few minutes. I smelled something odd; I braced myself... "Are you ok; Kate??" Ginnie asked me; nothing happened; I was fine! Why was I fine?

The lesson was nearly over; we turned off the Bunsen burners and packed our things away; And then Ms Harriet started explaining sciency things to us. The wolfs bane mix was taken from us and put in a cupboard... Why wasn't I affected... Doesn't it affect werewolves? I asked myself. Then the bell rang; I walked out with Ginnie; "Bye Kate; I'll see you on Monday!" Ginnie said to me running out to her mum's car; I waved to her.

I can't wait to get home! I'm ready for two days of relaxation. We got home; and I walked through the door; and there was Richard; my older adopted brother; talking to daddy. "Katie; how you doin?" He asked me; "Hi; I'm gooood!! I haven't seen you in like FOREVER!!!" I replied hugging him tightly; practically squeazing him to death; "Oh-k let-let me go now!" He struggled to say.

Then I realised I needed to talk to daddy; I tapped him on the arm; "Dad I need to talk to you about today!" I said to him; "Sure; what happened?" He asked; I told him about science class; and what I thought was going to happen; even though I'm prepared to hear 'What are you talking about?'.

Daddy and Richard looked at me; daddy then looks like he's about to say something. "Come down to the bat cave with me; you too Dick." He said; we all went to the bat cave. Daddy sits on a chair; Richard is leaning on it; I sit on the floor next to them. "Katie; have you noticed how you hear better than others; or see things clearer?" Daddy asked me; "Yeah; why?" I replied; "Do you know why?" Daddy asks. "Maybe; why?" I said. "Do you know what werewolves are?" He asked me; "Yeah; but I don't think I'm one of them..." I said.

"There is this new teacher at school; his name is John Howard; he keeps looking at me and it freaks me out." I said. Daddy looks at me with a worried shock on his face. "What does he look like?" He asked me; "Well; he has brown hair; and brown eyes; he is skinny; and I think he's Scottish." I told him.

Daddy looked at me for a few seconds; and then turned to the big computer. He opened up a file; and I instantly recognized the picture of a man. "Hey! It's the new teacher!" I pointed out; "Kate; you need to be extremely careful; he's dangerous." Daddy said; "Oh; uhm... Ok..." I said.

"Do you have a teacher named; Janica Harriett?" Daddy asked me; "Yeah; my science teacher." I replied; "Be very careful with her too; she's working with John." Daddy said. It makes sense that Miss Harriett is a werewolf hunter now that I think about it; I think she taught us how to make a potion that reveals werewolves. Is that what John meant when he said tests?

"Ok." I replied; "I just want to check your blood." Daddy said; "Okey dokey." I replied; daddy took a sample of my blood. "Now go outside or something." Daddy said leaving the cave. "Yeah; I'm gonna run outside." I said.

"Hugs for Ricky!" I said squeezing him tightly; and then ran to go outside. Outside; I see the trees in the distance; I could smell the different woods and leaves; the wind was blowing their scent. I then smelled something familiar; I looked and saw a girl walking; it was Linda. I ran up to her; she was a few metres away from me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 434 25
The Dark Knights Moon Flower. (Still under serious edits) What if Bruce had never met Selina Kyle? What if Bruce Never fell in Love with Selina? ...
7.5K 287 21
First story of the series of "Bat Boy Wonder". "Reaching her side he stopped abruptly, gaping the tiny baby that was resting peacefully in her arms...
556 23 6
Earth-805. Where in this universe Bruce Wayne- our billionaire playboy philanthropist and Caped crusader Batman- had an old childhood friend and vigi...
54K 1.7K 36
So.... I'm in a comic now. Not only that, but I'm in a Batman comic right now. Not gonna lie, I'm low key fangirling right now. That's a lot of now's...