Midnight Moon.

By RoRoRocks

Roxxi is an normal rich girl, has the life everyone wants.The parents who are always out of town with work, t... More

Midnight Moon.
Chapter 1 Summer!
Chapter 2. Get This Party Started.
Chapter 3. Strike 1, Strike 2, Strike 3. You're Out!
Chapter 4. A New Start.
Chapter 5: Mate
Chapter 6. Let The Games Begin
Chapter 7. Midnight Run Part 1 of 2
Chapter 7. Midnight Run Part 2
Chapter 8. Mystic Meadow
Chapter 9. In the Meadow
Chapter 10. Train Wreck...
Chapter 11. Early Riser
Chapter 12. Haven't Had Enough?
Chapter 13. He's Coming Back.
Chapter 14.Mason?.....
Chapter 15. What Happened That Night..
Chapter 16. Calm Before The Storm.
Chapter 17. The BBQ!
Chapter 18. On A Mission.
Chapter 19. Kick Ass!
Chapter 20. The One That Got Away
Chapter 21. One Last Chance.
Chapter 22. Last Days.
Chapter 23. Let The Rain Fall.
Chapter 24. Dark Shadows.
Chapter 25. Explaninations
Chapter 26. Funeral.
Chapter 28. New Responsibilities
Chapter 29. Magical Moments.
Chapter 30. Falling Skies
Chapter 31. High Hopes
Chapter 32 Its Time For War
Chapter 33 The End Is Here

Chapter 27. A Dinner With The Alpha.

609 16 2
By RoRoRocks

(RECAP)

ROXXIS P.O.V

“Well… your grandparents to four year old twins” I said cheerfully.

“What!” He screamed down the phone, nearly bursting my ear drum.

“Relax dad, Ellen knew her mate was coming after her so she asked me to sign to be their legal guardian because she had no family to look after them” I explained.

“Where is her so called mate?” Father growled.

“He was ripped to shreds as soon as Ellens heart stopped beating.” I answered.

“We will talk about this more tonight Roxanna” My father sighed.

“Ok, I have to get ready, I’ll see you soon” I said.

“Yes, soon” He replied before hanging up the phone.

I sighed and made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

 “We were invited to the pack house for dinner” I stated walking into the kitchen with my phone still in hand.

“Ok, saves us from cooking” Daniel laughed.

“Yeah” I chuckled.

“What time?” He asked.

“7.30 but we might want to leave at around 7ish to get there for a good time if were walking” I smiled.

“Ok sounds good, have you told the others yet?” He  asked.

“Nope, I’m going to quickly get a shower and stuff, we have an hour to get ready, you tell them” I said walking back out and up the stairs.

I heard Daniel walking up the stairs as I plugged in my hairdryer. I started drying my hair when he entered the room. The temperature in the room seemed to get  100 times hotter. I was still in my towel as I was drying my hair I looked up at him and smiled. His eyes started to get blacker and blacker and he let out a growl from the back of his throat. It sounded so sexy. His eyes turned the darkest black I’ve even seen and I began to get aroused myself. Within the next second I was on the bed with him hovering over my drinking me in with his eyes. It caused me to bite my lips as a shudder passed through my body. I was getting hotter by the second. He looked to be having an interal battle with himself before he flew off me and a second later the bathroom door closed and I heard the shower being turned on. I chuckled to myself. My guess is a very very cold shower I thought to myself giggling.

With him in the shower, I figured the best idea would be to put some clothes on. So I did just that and put on my make up before running downstairs to help the kids get ready.

************************************************************************************************************

CHAPTER 27. A DINNER WITH THE ALPHA.

ROXXI'S P.O.V

We arrived at the pack house at 7.20, we ran a little late getting ready. I'm wearing a simple black dress that ends just above my knees with a diamond necklace and silver heels with a silver slide in  my hair.

Arianna is wearing a pink dress that poofs out at the end with a white bow in her hair and white tights with pink dolly shoes. Andrew was wearing a white polo shirt with dark jeans. Brandon was wearing a white t-shirt with dark wash jeans. Kaleb was a blue top with wine chinos and Daniel wore a black t-shirt with blue chinos.

Everyone was looking really good with their outfits. We arrived at the house and my parents greeted us at the door. My mom had a big smile on her face and my dad had a small smile on his. The twins were on either side of me and my mom looked like she just fell in love all over again and dad looked like he was too. Both of my parents always liked kids and wanted grandchildren, not now though seeing as im only going on 18 in a few weeks.

"Mother, Father" I greeted.

"Roxanna" My dad replied pulling me in for a hug.

"Darling" My mother smiled pulling me in for a hug too.

"This is Andrew and Arianna" I smiled pointing to each of them as I said their sames.

"Hello sweethearts" My mother said smiling warmly.

They smiled back at her their eyes sparkling.

"They are your grandparents" I said smiling.

"So pretty" Arianna stated looking at my mom.

"I know" I smiled.

 "Awwh, why thank you dear" My mom smiled.

"No use is standing here, come in" My father said gestering us to come in.

We went into my dads office as we waited for dinner. Just casually chatting and catching up. Mom and dad got to know the kids.

"I'll be back in a minute" I said excusing myself from the room. I walked upstairs to my room in the pack house and went to my jewelary box and took out my moon stone. Not many people have something so rare. I was given this moon stone the night Mason 'died'.

Which I found out by his little visit he wasn't dead... So many secrets he has hidden. He's on the run again. I walked over to the window and looked up at the sky, the moon begining to come out as the sky became darker.

"Come home" I whispered to the sky as I clasped my moon stone on.

I remember every detail of that night, like it was yesterday.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* *~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*FLASHBACK ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Roxxi run god damnit!!" Mason said as he pushed me towards the forest.

I grabbed his hand and ran pulling him with me.

"I have to fight them off!" He growled.

"No! You will not leave me Mason! I won't let you!" I cried running with him beside me.

"I'll never leave you" He said squeezing my hand tighter.

We were running for a while, the tree branches whipping us as we tried to dodge them. I wasn't even thinking clearly, the only thing going through my mind was we could actually die out here.

"What did you do this time Mase?" I said through sharp breaths as we ran.

"Nothing!" He replied.

We ran into a big clearing and stopped to take a breath.

"I am with you through everything! I always have and always will! Tell me what you did" I growled.

"Fine, I only took something that belonged to me! Ok I just took it back" He sighed.

"What did you take?" I asked.

"This" He said pulling out a purple stone on a chain.

"A stone on a chain?" I said.

"It's a moonstone dumbass..." He panted.

"Why?" I asked.

"I need you safe when i'm not around" Mason said sternly.

"Mase..." I started.

"Look, I wont always be there to protect you, but this will" He interupted.

"You will always be there!" I said with tears in my eyes.

"Rox, I know you don't want to hear this, but I-I love you ok... more than life, I would chose you over anyone and anything and I need you to be safe" He said looking into my eyes.

I looked at him and the tears started pooling out of my eyes.

"I love you too Mase" I said as he pulled me in for a hug.

Just as we were about to reply a number of growls erupted in front of us. We looked straight ahead to see about fifteen wolves come out of the trees.

"You have to go, now!" Mase said as he put the moonstone around my neck and clasped it shut. He then leaned down and kissed me on the lips, it was amazing. The sparks flew and I didnt want it to end.

"Mase, i-i " I croaked out.

"I know what your going to say, and you have to leave, promise me you'll stay safe" Mason said looking me in the eyes.

"Let me help" I sobbed.

"You being safe will help" Mason smiled a sad smile.

"Come back to me?" I asked my lower lip trembeling.

"I promise" He replied and leaned down for another kiss. I kissed him with all I had in me before the growls erupted once again.

"Go" He whispered and push me in the direction of the forest, back to the way of the road.

I nodded with tears in my eyes and broke off into a run, tears blurring my vision. I ran as fast as I could, the tree branches whipping me as I stumbled to dodge them. I hissed in pain as one hit me in the face. I didn't stop running though, my lungs were burning as I was taking sharp breath's in and out.

After about five minutes of running I heard his unmistakable cry of pain. I stopped right on my spot.

"Mason" I screamed as I turned around to run back to him.

"No!" He screamed.

I saw around five wolves running for me and I ran off in the direction of the road again, leaving Mason. I could feel the wolves getting closer and closer and just as one nipped my ancle I reached the edge of the forest and fell out onto the road. A few cars were passing here and there as I lay on the ground. Tears pooling from my eyes. The werewolves turned and ran back into the cover of the trees, it's against the law to let humans see us, it is punsihable by death.

"I'm sorry Mason" I cried.

"I'm so sorry" I sobbed.

A car stopped in front of me and a man came out of the car looking worried.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I just nodded still crying, unable to stop my tears.

"Need a lift anywhere?" He asked.

"Y-Yes please" I replied.

I got in the car and he drove me to the nearest town. The car ride wasn't that long which I was thankful for. The only thing going through my mind was Mason, Is he alive? Will he be ok? Is he coming back for me? Those thoughts alone got my crying again.

When the man stopped the car he pulled some money out of his pocket and handed it to me. I shook my head no and tried to hand it back to him.

"Look, take it and get some food in you, there is a diner right across the road, and get yourself home beautiful one. If there is any trouble I am a phone call away" The man said and handed me his number.

"Thank you" I said in a small voice.

As I looked at him I saw that he could be no older than eighteen. I took the number and gave him a grateful look. 

"My name is Cole by the way" He smiled.

"Thank you Cole, I'm Roxanna" I said.

"Well I got to get back home, be safe Roxanna" He smiled.

"Thank you" I whispered and I shut the door.

I walked over to the cafe and sat down in a seat. I counted the money he gave me and I was shocked. There was more than 200dollars here! I know I am blessed to have alot of money at home, but I never knew a complete stranger would be so kind! I have to keep his number and send him the money back when I get home.

I was in the booth just thinking when a lady came over.

"What can I get you darlin'?" The lady asked.

"Coffee and some pancakes please" I said and she nodded and walked off.

Tears began to brim to my eyes when I thought about Mason, how could a simple camping trip turn is to something so bad.... The one time my parents let me go away this happens. Why did Mason bring me here to get this necklace? What good will it do me! He's the one that needs the protection not me! And he told me he loved me, like really loved me. That thought brought the tears back. I walked into the bathroom so nobody could see me cry. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I had a cut across my cheek with dry blood on it, most likely from getting hit by the branch, my long brown hair was wild and messy looking, with twigs and leafs in it and my clothes and skin were all dirty and muddy.

I took a deep breath.

"Be strong" I whispered to myself. 

I straightened myself up and took another deep breath before I walked out the door and left the money for my untouched food on the table and walked out to the nearest bus stop, waiting for a bus to take me home. I only lived a few town away it would take a maximum of five hours to get home.

"I'll find a way to help you Mason" I said to myself as I got on the bus home.

*~*~*~*~* *~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*END OF FLASHBACK ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I came back to reality and I was still standing in my room looking out the window. I clutched the moonstone to my chest and brought it up to my lips to give it a soft kiss.

I turned and walked out of my room and walked back to my dads office.

"We were just going to send someone to look for you" My mom said jokingly when I entered the office.

"Sorry mother" I smiled.

There was a soft knock on the door and a small petite girl walked in. 

"Dinner is ready Alpha" The girl said before bowing in respect.

"Thank you Aly" My father smiled.

She nodded once again and left the room.

"Well let's go" My father smiled. He led us to the dining room where we all sat down and began to eat our dinner. 

There was a chorus of light conversation throughout the dinner. It was nice. When desert was finished we were still talking and laughing.

"Roxanna, a word please" My father said.

"Sure" I sighed as I followed him and my mother to the office.

"Yes?" I asked when I sat myself on the sofa.

"When are you coming back to the pack house sweetie?" My mother blurted out.

"I don't know.. I kind of like living on my own" I said.

"But you were here two days and then you left! My mother replied.

"I know..." I said.

"Plus! You are living with your brothers, mate and two children how is that 'alone' " My mother asked.

"I dont know ok, You want me to be honest, well I dont like it here ok! I like our old house, the one I grew up in and the one im used to!" I sighed.

"Look Roxxanna, we all have to change sometimes nothing can stay the same forever" My father sighed.

"You don't think I know that?" I growled.

I know that more than anyone with all thats happened to me! And my parents dont even know half of it because they were never there!. I felt the anger bubbling up inside of me.

"Look no need to get angry!" My father stated.

"I wouldn't be angry if you understood!" I said angrily standing up.

"Then explain!" My father shouted standing up.

"You wont fucking care! You never did!" I shouted back and stormed out of the office.

"Roxanna come back here now!" My father shouted.

I didn't even look back I just gave him the bird and continued walking. I walked into the dining room fuming.

"Mommy?" Arianna asked.

"I'm ok" I said with a forced smile.

"Ok" Arianna smiled buying it.

My brothers gave me questioning looks as if they didnt believe me. I gave a tight nod signaling I would tell them later.

We all began to walk out of the room and to the door.

"Don't walk away from me!" I father growled.

The twins hid behind me and I hugged them giving my father the death glare. If looks could kill he would be six feet under. His face changed and guilt covered it as he looked at the twins and he looked up to me with pleading eyes.

"Come back tomorrow, we really need to talk about this" My father said gently.

"Fine, I just need to go to the cabin for tonight" I sighed giving in.

"Ok" He sighed.

"Boys, you'll need to come tomorrow too, this includes all of you" My father stated before giving us and hug each and me a kiss on the forehead, my mother doing the same but hugging and kissing us all. They did this before they left to the office to deal with pack problems no doubt.

As we were leaving I only then noticed that Daniel wasn't with us anymore.

"Wait where's Daniel?" I asked as we walked to the door.

"No clue" The twins answered in unision.

"I think the potty" Andrew answered.

"Ok thanks baby" I smiled.

Just as we walked through the sitting room, Daniel was walking towards us, when out of nowhere the girl came out of nowhere and ran at Daniel.

"Dannie!!" She squeeled jumping into his arms and locking her lips with his.

My heart broke into a million pieces, I could literally feel it crumpleing and breaking. My breath left me and I found it hard to breathe. In a second my brothers were beside me one hand on each of my shoulders while the children held my hands.

"Mama, whats daddy doing?" Andrew asked.

I couldn't even answer him as my eyes were glued to Daniel and that girl kissing as he tried to get her off him. I could see him kissing back though.

"It's time to go home" I whispered as we walked past them and out of the house, slamming the door.

"Roxxi" Daniel shouted as he came out the front door to find us halfway across the lawn.

I didn't even answer him but continued walking.

"It wasn't what it looked like, I tried to get her off" He said frantically.

"You still kissed her back" I whispered.

"Babe..." He began.

"Not in front of the children" I whispered as we walked back to the cabin.

We made it back to the cabin and I tucked the children into bed and got ready for bed myself. The only thought in my head was Daniel kissed her back. My mate kissed another she wolf back.

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 27 finished :D Hope you enjoyed :) 

You know what to do!! :D 

COMMENT/ LIKE/ FAN/ VOTE/ SHARE/ RECCOMEND/ TWEET :D ETC..

Your support means alot :) <3

Picture : The moon stone.

Song : Why Don't You Love Me -Hot Chelle Rae :) ( LOVE THEM!!!! <3)

Dedication : My Newest Fan :) 

Love Roisin, thanks for reading! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
12.3M 8.4K 2
"And then he breaks. An outburst of broken sobs, as my mate let out the saddest cries I've ever heard. He shook and trembled, clinging onto me for d...
190M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
210K 4.5K 34
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...