Finding Love in Imladris (Lor...

By allym012455

Jemini (gem-in-eye) Fell is one of Gondor's last assassins and lives the mountains. Gandalf approaches her on... More

Chapter One: Reclaiming Erebor
Chapter Two: The Prancing Pony
Chapter three: The Shire
Chapter Four: The Necromancer
Chapter Six: The Future Holds
Chapter Seven: A Kiss
Chapter Eight: Leaving
Chapter Nine: The Outcome
Chapter Ten: Six Months Later
Chapter Eleven: The Wedding Approaches
Chapter Twelve: The Night
Chapter Thirteen: Night Terror
Chapter Fourteen: An Unexpected Surprise
Chapter Fifteen: Children of the Lord
Chapter Sixteen: An Unknown Relative
Chapter Seventeen: Who is responsible!?
Chapter Eighteen: Death
Chapter Nineteen: Execution
Chapter Twenty: Awaken
Chapter Twenty One: A Journey Finished

Chapter Five: Imladris

5.9K 162 9
By allym012455

Far over the Misty Mountain’s Cold

To dungeons deep, and caverns old

We must away, eve break a day

To seek the pale enchanted gold

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells

While hammer’s fell like ringing bells

In places deep, where dark things sleep

In hollow halls beneath the fells

For ancient King and Elvish Lord

There many gleaming golden hoard

They shaped and wrought, and light they caught

To hide in gems on hilt of sword

On silver necklaces they strung

The Flowering stars, on the crowns they hung

The dragon-fire, in twisted wire

They meshed the light of moon and sun.

Far over the misty mountains cold

To dungeons deep and caverns old

We must away, eve break of day.

To claim our long-forgotten gold.

Golblets they carved there for themselves

And harps of gold: where no man delves

There lay they long, and many song

Was sung unheard by men and elves.

The pines were roaring on the height,

The winds were moaning in the night.

The fire was red, it flaming spread:

The trees like torches blazed with light

The bells were ringing in the dale

And men looking ip with faces pale;

The dragon’s ire more fierce then fire

Laid low their towers and houses frail.

The mountain smoked beneath the moon:

The dwarves they heard the tramp of the doom.

They fled their hall to dying fall

Beneath his feet, beneath the moon.

Far over the misty mountains grom

To dungeons deep and caverns dim

We must away, eve break of day.

To win our harps and gold from him!

“What do you think of that story child?” My Papa asked, his brown eye full of curiosity.

“I like the story of Sauron better.” I answer in my five year old voice.

This makes him smile and chuckle. “Of course you do.” He mumbles the smile still there, he tucks me in my bed and kisses my little forehead. He starts to walk out of the room, but I spring up from bed and stand in front of him.

“Papa,” I bat by big eyelashes at my Papa. “Can you teach me how to us a sword?”

He sighs and kneels to my level. “Well child, “ he takes my small hands in his large calloused hands and looks into my golden eyes. “I suppose if that is what you truly want.”

 I beam at my Papa and wrap my small arms around him. “Thank you Papa.”

He untangles my arms from his neck. “To your bed my child.”

“Yes Papa.” I respond, and sleep in my bed.

            I hear voices; though they are muffled I can hear the tones and fluctuations. I make out one voices as Gandalf; the other is all but a mystery to me. It is a smooth voice like the finest of silk, they way he speaks makes him sound as though he has all the knowledge in the world. After a short while Gandalf’s voice disappears, I hear him close the door behind him. I hear another set of steps, they are light, almost soundless. I feel the back of someone’s hand on my cheek; the hand is warm and soft. These hands have been tended to and pampered time and time again. The hand leaves my cheek; I hear the light steps leave the side of my bed.

            I roll my shoulders and open my eyes; the first thing I see is a wall. I look around the room and I see how exquisite it truly is. The colors as comforting and warm, the make me feel as though I could sleep forever. I give a small smile and a sigh of happiness; I look to the other side of the bed. I see the back of the person, the long tan robes fall all the way to the floor and a turquoise over coat is just as long. I lift me head and feel a sudden pain strike it. I bring my hand to my head and sit myself up; I look at the figure once more. “Where am I?” I ask still holding my head. The figure turns around; I see his long dark hair, the golden circlet around his head. I then widen my eyes, the man with tempest eyes. He walks towards my bed and stands in front of me. His hands lay limp as his sides; he then sits on the bed by my knees. “You are in Imlardris.” He says.

“Rivendall.” I say looking at him.

“Yes.” He answers.

I look around once more, and my gaze comes back to me. “You were the man who killed those Orc’s.” I say pointing to him. “The one who brought me here, on horseback.”

He nods, with a small smile. “My name is Lord Elrond.”

My eyes widen, I bow my head. “My apologizes, my Lord.” He grabs my chin and lifts my head so I am looking in his eyes.

“Please address me as Elrond.” He says. “You need not bow to me.”

I nod. “Very well… Elrond.” He releases my chin, and his hand falls on the bed.

His gaze falls to his hand. “It seems you know my name,” His eyes return to mine. “But I do not know yours” he cocks his chin at me.

“Jemini Fell,” I tell him. “Ragnor Fell was my father.”

“Ragnor?” He asks. “You were the daughter he made an assassin.”

I look to the floor. “Yes.”

He can sense my tone fall; he gets up and extends a hand to me. “Come,” He says, I take his hand. “we have a feast waiting for you and your companions.”

He escorts me out of the room; I put my hand in the bend of his elbow. “My companions?” I look at him confused.

“Yes,” he answers as we start to walk thought the halls. “Gandalf, Thorin Oakensheild, and the company.”

“The company,” I say stopping him. “They are here, they are safe?” I grip his arm.

He pats my hand and smiles at me reassuringly. “Yes, they are safe.”

I let go of a breath I did not know I was holding. “That is good to hear.”

There is a comfortable silence between us for a while, before Elrond decides to ask. “How are you coping?”

“I am well, my side ache’s. Though I am a big girl, I am sure who ever healed me knew what he or she was doing.”

He smiles. “You have such faith in me.” His eyes meet mine.

I force us to stop again. “You have healed me?” He nods. “It seems I owe you my life… twice.”

He chuckles. “It seems that way.” He returns his gaze to the halls, the comfortable silence returns.

            As we walk down the halls, I look at the extravagant decorations of the beautiful home. Tapestries hand from the ceilings, stained glass on every window, and the rugs lined down the middle of the halls making this place look like a castle. I see Elrond staring at me, he smiles as me and places squeezes the hand I have over his arm. I give him a questioning look to his staring, he chuckles. “You look like child, eyes full of wonder just looking at his place.”

“I look at this place with wonder because it is a glorious place.” I tell him, looking around.

“I, that it is.” He answers.

“I cannot believe you live here.” I say. “It is truly amazing.”

He brings me slightly closer to him, and brings his face close to mine. “You should see the river to the north of the city. Now that is a sight in itself.”

            I smile at him and bring my gaze to the floor. We walk for quite some time and he tells of the amazing things that I could do while I am in Imladris. All we do is talk till we reach the dining hall, I am very happy here. Perhaps I will stay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 14K 65
Being a king is hard. Raising a son is hard. Living with eternal grief is hard. King Thranduil is just trying to keep his kingdom running and his son...
47.9K 1.6K 50
After surviving a terrible attack, Nesseldë finds herself alone in a world ensnared by an ever-growing darkness. She is close to forsaking Middle-ea...
267K 7.3K 58
With a good life and everything she needed, Aeolus lived a simple party life. Everyday life was the same and she loathed it. She wished for adventure...
373K 9.6K 36
She was a cop in her world, cursed and banished, she ends up in Middle-earth. Now she finds herself traveling with the Fellowship and struggling to a...