The Bonded: Lost And Gained

By Wolfcat500

A prince who had no goal, no purpose in his life. Beside him, there was a girl who had lost everything, but g... More

~ Chapter 1 ~
~ Chapter 2 ~
~ Chapter 3 ~
~ Chapter 4 ~
~ Chapter 5 ~
~ Chapter 6 ~
~ Chapter 7 ~
~ Chapter 8 ~
~ Chapter 9 ~
~ Chapter 10 ~
~ Chapter 11 ~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~ Chapter 13 ~
~ Chapter 15 ~
~ Chapter 16 ~
~ Chapter 17 ~
~ Chapter 18 ~
~ Chapter 19 ~
~ Chapter 20 ~
~ Chapter 21 ~
~ Chapter 22 ~
~ Chapter 23 ~
~ Chapter 24 ~
~ Chapter 25 ~
~ Chapter 26 ~
~ Chapter 27 ~
~ Chapter 28 ~

~ Chapter 14 ~

2 0 0
By Wolfcat500

The bell rings, signalling the end of school for the 12th time the Commander and the prince had been in the high school. Arata relaxed in his seat, relieved of all the tension he felt not too long ago.

Even though he has been at school for almost two weeks, he still hadn't got use to everything that went around in the school. The uniforms he could deal with, the work he could deal with, it was the bitchy girls that he couldn't deal with. Reina and Mika weren't nearly as bad as they were, and he was yet to meet someone bitchy as the girls he had to deal with everyday until he came across the idea of being a high school. 

Unfortunately for him, Noriko wasn't any help to him at all.

Noriko stood up in her seat, glancing at the prince and gesturing him over.

"Come on, Arata. Time to go."

 She began to walk off, leaving him to decide whether to follow her or not. Though, it was a no-brainer to what he was going to do.

"U-Uh right!" he agreed.

He quickly grabbed his bag, running after her at full speed without watching where he was going. Being the idiot he was, he ended up bumping into someone and led to the both of them falling over onto their bottoms.

"S-Sorry," a female voice squeaked out.

Arata shook his head, opening his eyes to see a white-haired girl with red eyes sitting in front of him. He had to admit, she was cute, but he didn't have time to think about that since he was panicking about something else.

He apologised, "No! It was my fault! I'm sorry!"

The boy stood up onto his own two foot, and lent out a hand to help her. She took it in hesitation due to her shyness, and was pulled onto her feet.

Noriko said, "Come on, Arata, hurry up."

The sight of the black-haired female made the girl's breath hitch. Noriko's black eyes pierced into her soul like daggers for an instant, before turning soft and gentle towards her. Noriko acted like nothing had happened, and walked away casually without saying a single word to the white-haired female.

"Hey, wait up Noriko!" Arata called out.

He grabbed the bag he had dropped, running after the blackette.

"Bye!" he called out to the white-haired girl 

He fell into step with Noriko, his back facing the girl and probably forgotten. They both walked in silence, until the blackette broke the silence with a few words.

"Now that was a girl worth making friends with, Arata. Keep that in mind."

"Huh?"

---

The white-haired female just stared after the pair, a blush appearing on her features. 

I just... I just talked to him, eek! She fangirled internally.

Then, she shuddered as she remembered the look that she had been given by the black-haired female, Noriko. 

She's really scary... I wonder why it turned into a soft, gentle look afterwards... 

A look of shock came across her face as she realised something, a thought that never came to mind until at that moment. 

What if those two are dating? I like someone that's already dating someone? How selfish, can I be?

"Hey, move out of the way!" one of the female 'bitches' said, pushing past her.

"S-Sorry!" she apologised.

she quickly stepped out of the way, letting the girls past by her without a fight. After they had left her sight, she sighed in relief and closed the door behind her. She started walking down the hallway, gloomy thoughts in her mind. 

My hopes are crushed, along with my crush.

---

Noriko opened the door to her classroom, entering inside with an annoyed expression while the redhead followed behind her. Arata glanced around the room, and came to a stop as he saw a familiar, white-haired figure.

He said, "It's you from yesterday!"

She snapped her head over to see the redhead, a blush blossoming on her features as she realised he was talking about her. Noriko shook her head, sitting down at her desk and staring out the window in nonchalance. 

The girl said shyly, "H-Hi..."

He immediately noticed that she was uncomfortable, and immediately apologised for his actions. 

"Uh, sorry! I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable!"

"N-No! It's fine!" she said.

She twiddled her fingers, looking at her hands with a large blush on her face. She didn't know what to say.

His charms never ceases to amaze me, Noriko thought to herself.

Arata smiled, happy that this girl wasn't as bad as the others and was much, much nicer than they were.

"Anyway, I'm Arata Ki--Flim... You are?"

"I'm Yoko... Yoko Jiro..." the white-haired female introduced herself quietly. "I-It's nice to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too, Yoko," he said.

He grinned widely at her, the blackette behind them rolling her eyes in amusement due to the prince's antics.

Well, they don't seem to be dating... Yoko thought to herself. But it's not like I have a chance anyway...

"Arata!" a series of fake, innocent girl voices called out to the redhead.

His back straightened, his face paling and his ears gradually becoming filled with the familiar voices that he had grown accustomed to over the weeks. Yoko and Noriko didn't miss a beat and noticed immediately.

Noriko sighed in disappointment, clearly not liking where this was going. Being at the school for two weeks now, she found the bitchy women's antics quite annoying.

Here we go again.

Once more, Arata found himself surrounded by girls that used way too much makeup for their own good.

Poor guy... Yoko and Noriko thought in unison.

The both of them felt sympathetic towards the redhead, who was internally suffering for his misfortunate of being too popular for his own good. Noriko kept a close eye on Hinae from her desk, knowing that the woman got way too hands with Arata sometimes. 

Today, however, was different. Hinae was being a bit more handsy with him than usual. After only a bit of talking, she started to become bold and quickly looped her arms around the redhead's neck before he could even protest. 

She started leaning forward, her lips nearly brushing against his. Noriko immediately bolted up from her seat, swinging herself over the table and slapping her hand over Hinae's mouth before it made contact with Arata's lips. 

Way too close for comfort. The King would kill me if the prince lost his first kiss to some wench like her!

Noriko stood in between the two, firmly pushing Arata away from them to give them more space and certainly make it easier for her to protect him. Hinae was quick to slap Noriko's hand away with an angry look, clearly not liking that she had interfered their 'romantic' moment as she would call it.

She snapped, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Saving someone from having to kiss someone like you," Noriko stated bluntly.

Her black hues darkened into a threatening shade, her anger seeping from her body and it took no genius to know that she was protective of the prince. She placed her index finger on Hinae's lips in a threatening manner, a smile that said death was coming was on her face. 

That can't be good, Arata thought, she doesn't smile for anything...

"You should be glad that I did to."

Noriko leaned her head towards the female's ear, her eyes narrowing just a bit and her smile becoming more mischievous and almost malicious.

"Otherwise, you would to deal with a thing called heartbreak, my friend."

Hinae was stock frozen, Noriko stepping back with her usual blank expression. She acted like nothing had happened, almost nonchalant about everything that had happened. However, everyone knew that something had happened and it was scary as fuck to everyone. All of them was beginning to have second thoughts.

Never mind! I think they are dating! Yoko thought to herself, scared. 

She saw Noriko lean towards Arata's ear, whispering something to him with a serious face. Then, she leaned back and returned to her designated seat. The redhead was stuck in a daze for a few seconds, seemingly to be thinking about the words that he had been told before sitting himself back at his desk. The girls were in shock, and didn't have time to gain back their composure to flirt with the boy once more as the teacher had arrived to start homeroom.

Yoko was curious to know what Noriko had told her crush.

---

"These are the girl's too desperate for what we call 'sex' my friend. Beware of those type of people - they're among both the female and male population," Noriko whispered into the redhead's ear in a serious tone. "Not everyone is as innocent as it seems. Pick your friends wisely, especially in the future. Those people that you see before you, are only the people that we, the military, the King, are trying to change."

With those words, she stepped away from Arata and returned to her seat. He stood there in a daze, confused by her words.

Those people... Those... Bitches... Are the people that she, the King and the others are trying to... Change? I don't... Understand...

He snapped out of his thoughts as he realised that class was nearly about to start, and seated himself down at his desk. He was completely oblivious to the females that stood around him, still frozen from the events that had just occurred.

The door slid open, revealing their teacher, Ms Lira. The girls quickly scurried to their seats, not wanting to get in trouble before things had really began.

Homeroom class started, everyone stayed mysteriously quiet throughout the whole period.

Homeroom began. Everyone was mysteriously quiet throughout the whole period.

---

Lunch came and no one approached Arata, having two reasons. For one; they were still scared shit about Noriko and two; he was already gone and out of sight. 

Everyone had begun to have their suspicious that they were dating, considering highly about how protective Noriko was being and how close they seem to be as friends. However, since they don't act like they're dating and more like old friends, it was hard to tell what was the relationship between the two.

Although, everyone was smart to come to a conclusion: Don't mess with Arata unless you want to mess with her - sexually, physically or mentally.

Even Yoko stayed away from them, despite the fact that she would've whether Noriko was scary or not. She didn't have the courage to approach them anyway, especially the redhead. Everyone was just stuck in a loop now, not sure of what to do to change the fear they felt or the circumstances they had been put in. 

The boys wanted to talk to Noriko, but Arata's always with her, and the girl's wanted to 'have their way' with Arata, but Noriko's always getting in the way.

The problem was quite simple. They were always together, and rarely stayed apart. All of them knew that had to change, or nothing was going to go their way as they would like it to - even if it had to go into extreme lengths. Unfortunately for the young white-haired female, she had been dragged into their ruthless planning and had no way out of escaping their wraths.

There was one thing for sure though. Noriko and Arata were going to get into a heap of trouble soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

747 33 28
"I will erase every memory of him from your soul. No one lays a hand on what is mine. He haunts your nightmares, but I will be the guard who defends...
4.2M 153K 59
~NOT EDITED~ ~RE-WRITTEN VERSION AS FROM 09 JANUARY 2023~ A princess. The first thing that come to your mind when you think of a princess is someon...
781 183 36
∞ Book one of the Fragments of Light Duology ∞ "Just... what... am... I... to you? " she asked between her sobs. "Absolutely nothing" I said coldly...
306 7 10
This story? It goes back to the time of the medieval period. The era of king and queen. Treachery and Loyalty. A girl whose leading knowledge is high...