Life is Liz (LiL, #1)

由 Katharina_Rose

"Really perfection is only just impossibility." ~~~~ Sometimes I'm happ... 更多

Part1: The one week agreement
Chapter 1: Breakdowns
Chapter 2: Talks With Your Best Friend
Chapter 3: Awkward Moments, Football And Ryan
Chapter 4: Guys, Games And Jackets
Chapter 5: The Party
Chapter 6: After Effects
Chapter 7: Let The Agreement Begin
Chapter 8: Summer Memories And A Date?
Chapter 9: The Pact
Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred
Chapter 10: Part 2: Teaching Sessions
Chapter 11: Late Night Activities
Chapter 10.5-11: Ryan's POV
Chapter 12: Weird Fights, 'Dancing' And Interference
Chapter 13: Story Time
Chapter 14: Helper Syndrom
Chapter 15: Part 1: Cookies, Pizza and Taylor Swift
Chapter 15: Part 2: Guilty As Charged
Chapter 16: The Bus Incident
Chapter 17: Fights
Chapter 18: Speeches
Chapter 19: Phone Calls
Chapter 20: Andromeda
Chapter 21: The Breakfast Club
Chapter 22: Aftermath
Chapter 23: Air
Part 2: Revelations
Chapter 24: Practice
Chapter 25: People Are Idiots
Chapter 26: Grow A Pair
Chapter 27: Milk And Freedom
Chapter 28: A Secret Confession?
Chapter 29: Eugene's Ass
Chapter 30: Ant-Man
Chapter 31: Crazy Bitch
Chapter 32: Unfairness
Chapter 33: Queen Elizabeth
Chapter 34: Part 1: Red Roses & Anxiety
Chapter 34: Part 2: Cuddly birds
Chapter 35: A step in the right direction
Chapter 36: Run, Forest, run!
Chapter 37: Dinner with the fam
Chapter 38: On the run
Chapter 39: Popcorn, Vanilla and Handsome Snales
Chapter 40: His Lifeline
Please watch
Chapter 41: Liar
Chapter 42: Not A Flicker Of Light
Chapter 43: Thawed Frost
Chapter 44: Forget Me
Chapter 45: Family Reunions
Chapter 46: Not Good For You
Chapter 47: A Piece of History
Chapter 48: Closer
Chapter 49: Meeting Sam
Chapter 50: Bittersweet
Chapter 51: Life is Liz
Chapter 52: Turning Tables
Chapter 53: Self Medication
Chapter 54: Surprise, Surprise!
Chapter 55: Part 1: First Times
Chapter 55: Part 2: More Firsts
Chapter 56: Food Convos
Chapter 57: I'm Sorry
Chapter 58: Excuses
Chapter 59: Panic
Chapter 61: Selfish Intentions
Chapter 62: Jersey Jealousy
Chapter 63: Ignorance
Chapter 64: Night After Night
Chapter 65: I Love You Too
Chapter 66: Intricate Thoughts
Chapter 67: Fuck(ed)
The Sequel Is Up

Chapter 60: The Twist In My Story

72 7 0
由 Katharina_Rose

6 December 2013

They can't be serious.

My strides quickened, fueled by the fire within me.

How could she do this? It was my freaking birthday for God's sake!

In my family, it was tradition to celebrate birthday's in a small circle of people each year. Just the four of us. Mom, dad, Tori and I. Either we'd go out and eat or mom would cook the birthday kid's favorite dinner. Cake, singing and presents would follow.

I'd had a crappy week already so when mom had informed me of my sister's lack of appearance on my birthday not twenty minutes ago I was done.

I doubt I'd ever been this enraged before.

Traditions were important, Goddamnit! How could she just break them so easily? Did this not mean anything to her at all? Meant she more to me than I to her?

I felt the angry tears at the back of my eyes, but I forced them away.

Although it was cold, my inner fire warmed me as I stomped home angrily. I'd left my parents at my aunt's house, they were taking too long to say goodbye. It was a good excuse to extinguish the burning flames within my soul. I could feel them licking at my skin, wanting to break out over the surface.

It was sometime after ten pm and I prayed for snow. Maybe this would cool me down, but the heavens didn't seem to hear my plea for there was no sign of the graceful, white rain.

I turned the next corner onto my street, thoughts racing angrily around my head.

I can't believe her. Just because my birthday is a Friday and she wants to go to a stupid party she-

Then, something broke through my jumble of thoughts. A noise. No, not a noise, noise was loud, this was faint, a sound. Some kind of rustling.

I stopped in my tracks and let my gaze sweep over my surroundings. I wasn't far from my house. Maybe thirty feet, a few houses.

It was late so most things were cast in shadows. I'd just reached a two-story house that looked dark blue in the shadow of the night. The left side of it that I was currently admiring was covered in ivy and near the wall were high bushes and a tree. In it, I spotted a fluttering black shopping bag.

Writing it off as the cause of the sound, I continued my walk alone, the dark of the silent night my only companion. Little did I know it wouldn't stay that way.

I took step after step after step.

Then I heard it.

Footsteps.

I frowned. A minute ago I'd been alone, nobody as far as the eye could see.

I got this weird feeling in my tummy as the steps quickened.

I pushed the feeling of wrongness away and naively stepped to the side to let the other person pass when the steps changed to a jog.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds, but those fleeting moments were forever engrained in my brain.

Then there was a hand firmly pressed against my mouth. The soft fabric of black gloves clasped forcefully over my lips.

My heart stopped beating.

Then there was a hand unflinchingly touching my behind.

Panic rose up inside me.

For a second everything slowed to a stop. It was this second that allowed me to ask myself one question: What do I do?

I didn't think, there was no time for thoughts.

It was pure instinct that moved me into action.

A scream.

A scream resounded in the air around me. A sound so wounded and desperate that it couldn't possibly had been emitted by a human being. A hurt animal. But no it was I myself.

It took me a moment to register that my left palm was wrapped around the wrist connecting to the hand that was keeping me in place.

I screamed. Even before I'd managed to get his hand off my mouth I screamed. I screamed like I never had before. I screamed the air out of my lungs. These screams gave the term screaming bloody murder a new definition.

I screamed until my soul was raw and bleeding.

I screamed until the grip the stranger had on me loosened. And even then I didn't stop.

I screamed until I suddenly tumbled to the floor, either by force or accident. I didn't feel the impact. And even then I didn't stop.

I screamed until I saw the stranger running, no, not running, jogging like he was just out having a nice little jog around the neighborhood. And even then I didn't stop.

I screamed until his blurry back was out of my sight. And even then I didn't stop.

I screamed until I stood up. And even then I didn't stop.

I screamed until I ran into my parents.

But even then the screaming inside my body, my head, my soul, it didn't stop. It never stopped. 

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

232 1 4
*Full Available on Amazon and free in Kindle Unlimited. Also available in Audio.* FINALIST IN THE READER'S FAVOURITE BOOK AWARDS 2018. Sometimes, you...
13.9K 378 15
In the solitude of unrequited love, I have danced alone, weaving dreams that were doomed from the start. Each step I took towards you was like naviga...
1K 2 24
"𝑲𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆." 𝑶𝒏𝒚𝒙 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏𝒔𝒐𝒏 doesn't know what it's like to have someone love her. She wants to f...
171K 10.1K 42
"They say life is fragile, and we're not all guaranteed tomorrows." My name is Phoenix, and despite my name being a bird that rises from the ashes...