Its A Wattpad Thing

By Sarahss2000

Chatting in a whatsapp group: WLC (Wattpad Ladies Closure) Sarah bg:Hello,please I want a picture of a beaut... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 12

1.2K 235 30
By Sarahss2000

"Omg you didn't do that," Hafsa burst out laughing.

"That's my cousin, you followed him all the way from Silverbird to Coldstone?"

"And bumped into him intentionally?"

"When people ask how you guys meet and you tell them you bumped into each other at Coldstone, it will look like a movie or book. They won't know the bumping part was intentional,"

"And you dialled  your number using his phone. Habi you are so clever that's why I love you, I still can't believe you did all that," Hafsa said with another round of laughter. Nabeela went with her mom to Hafsa's house. Her mom was downstairs chatting with Hafsa's mom. While Nabeela was in Hafsa's room waiting for Hafsa to finish talking to whoever she was talking to.
Hafsa finally ended the call and turned to hug Nabeela.

"Sorry, I kept you waiting, I was talking to that crazy girl, Habi ,"

Nabeela smiled and said, "Its okay,"

"So how have you been? I haven't seen you since Yaya's wedding,"

And that was how they chatted for the rest of the day. Even though Hafsa wasn't Nabeela's friend but Mamie's friend's daughter, Hafsa was the closest thing Nabeela had to a friend. As such, she was her confidant. Nabeela told Hafsa about her newest friend, Akilu, how they chatted almost everyday and how close they were getting to be.

Few minutes to Maghrib, they went  back home. She joined her brothers in the living room after she prayed. Together they watched Power Rangers. Before they knew it, it was already 9. After they all ate dinner, she tucked her brothers into their beds and went back to her room.

She took her phone to read wattpad and chatted for a while. She was about to sleep when she saw a message notification from Akilu. She was surprised when she saw it was a video. Wondering what was in the video she went back to her whatsapp and opened the video. It took hours before the video loaded and when it did Nabeela felt her stomach fluttering.

He really was so good. Like so so so so good. He could perfectly play the piano. And his voice. O God! The deep but lovely voice filled her eardrums. He was seated on a small stool next to a giant wooden piano. She could see his long fingers as they perfectly play the piano. She could see his curly hair as he shook his head while singing the song. The original song was playing soflty at the background while his amazing voice at a louder tone. She couldn't see his whole face but she imagined how he looked like. His pink lips would be in a deep frown, his honey brown eyes would be filled with tears, his nose straight and long and his beard and side burns curly. He would have looked so handsome.

Like We Used To

A Rocket to the Moon

I can feel her breath
As she's sleeping next to me
Sharing pillows and cold feet
She can feel my heart
Fell asleep to its beat
Under blankets and warm sheets
If only I could be in that bed again
If only it were me instead of him

Does he watch your favorite movies?
Does he hold you when you cry?
Does he let you tell him all your favorite parts
When you've seen it a million times?
Does he sing to all your music
While you dance to Purple Rain?
Does he do all these things
Like I used to?

Fourteen months and seven days ago
Oh, I know you know
How we felt about that night
Just your skin against the window
Oh we took it slow
And we both know
It should have been me inside that car
It should have been me instead of him in the dark

Does he watch your favorite movies?
Does he hold you when you cry?
Does he let you tell him all your favorite parts
When you've seen it a million times?
Does he sing to all your music
While you dance to Purple Rain?
Does he do all these things
Like I used to?

I know love
(I'm a sucker for that feeling)
Happens all the time, love
(I always end up feeling cheated)
You're on my mind, love
(Oh darling, I know I'm not needed)
It happens all the time, love, yeah

Will he love you like I loved you?
Will he tell you every day?
Will he make you feel like you're invincible
With every word he'll say?
Can you promise me if this was right,
Don't throw it all away?
Can you do all these things?
Will you do all these things
Like we used to?

Oh, like we used to

Nabeela couldn't say anything when she finished watching the video. The song was deep from his heart. She knew he sang the song because of his ex. She imagined how hurt he was. His voice said it all. His deep husky voice said how broken and hurt he was. Nabeela felt the need to comfort him and before she knew it, her finger was on the call buttom

****

He sat down the stool and put his fingers on the piano thinking about what song to play. He wanted to play something about friendship since he was sending the video to Nabeela and he thought she would make a good friend.

But the moment he put his fingers on the piano, he remembered the last time he played a piano. It was Niima's birthday and he sang 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran for her. And that was how he remembered all those times, all those memories. Once again he felt broken.

"Should I start video taping," he heard his sister asking him. He nodded his head and immediately started playing. He didn't know how or why he started playing 'Like we used to'. He didn't know when he started pouring out his heart. He didn't know how he started following the lyrics, shouting it. It matched his current situation so much. The song spoke volumes of his feelings. He just couldn't stop.

"Shhh Ya Akeel, you are too loud, you may wake Ummi and Baba," his sister said.

Will he love you like I loved you?
Will he tell you every day?
Will he make you feel like you're invincible
With every word he'll say?
Can you promise me if this was right,
Don't throw it all away?
Can you do all these things?
Will you do all these things
Like we used to?

Oh, like we used to

He finished the song in a lower tone. His sister clapped for him while he held back his tears. He wouldn't argue with his mind, he missed her so much. His sister passed his phone back to him. He immediately sent the video to Nabeela.

"You are so talented Ya Akeel," Walida squealed.

He gave her a fake smile and said goodnight to her. Walida knew her brother so much that she immediately knew he was thinking about his ex. She switched off the lights of the room and walked to her room praying he gets someone better than Niimah.

Akilu was lying on his bed ready to sleep when his phone started ringing. He was so suprised when he saw the ID. It was Nabeela (W). He contemplated picking it up because of the mood he was in.

When he did and heard her beautiful soothing voice for a moment, he forgot all about Niimah.

"Hello Akeel," she said.

"Nabeela whats up?"

"Nothing much, I saw your video. Omg you are so good, you are really talented,"

Akeel felt a smile creeping to his face.

"Thank you," he said gratefully.

"Just so you know she doesn't deserve you," he heard the small sweet voice. At first he didn't understand what she meant but it didn't take him long to. He kept quiet thinking about opening up to her or not.

"I know but I miss her so much," he said after a few seconds.

"I understand,"

"I'm supposed to have gotten over her but I can't. I want to move on, I have tried a number of times but I just can't. And I don't know why. She hurt me so much but its like I still love her,"

"Awn I am sorry, I know how you feel. I don't know what to say to make you feel better. You will find someone better In sha Allah,"

"Nabeela don't be sorry. I am sorry for bothering  you with this silly thing,"

"Its okay, you know its nice to have someone to share your problems with,"

"Yesss it is, thank you so much, How are your brothers?"

"They are fine, Alhamdulillah. Amin is always busy playing Fifa and Ameer watching Power Rangers,".

"Allah sarki, I remember those days, Power Rangers and Ben Ten used to be my favorites. Tell Amin I will come and play Fifa with him,"

"My favorites were Sound of Music and Tellitubbies, I used to watch it almost every single day with Hajiya,"

"Who is Hajiya?"

"My maternal grandmother.....,"Nabeela kept quiet debating with her mind whether to say someting or not. After a few seconds she continued, "You know I grew up there, I grew up with my grandmother,"

"Ohh reallly I didn't know. Where does she live?"

"Bauchi, I came back to Kano when I was 11, I was going to Js1 then, Baba married Mamie " Nabeela answered.  She wanted to tell him about how much she missed her grandmom and mom, how much she thought about her every day but she knew she couldn't talk about her mom without crying and she didn't want to cry. When Akilu didn't hear Nabeela's voice for the next few minutes, he guessed she was thinking about her mother.

"Allah ya jikanta, yagafarta mata, ya hada mu kuma a Aljannah gabaki daya," He prayed for her deceased mom. He waited a few minutes for her reply but didn't get any. At first he thought she was sleeping but then he started hearing her heavy breaths and soon enough he heard an angry voice at the other end of the line. The other voice shouted for more minutes and with a loud bang of the door, the voice disappeared.

"Nabeela Nabeela Nabeela," Akeel called but all he heard were her breaths and sighs indicating she was very afraid.

"Are you okay Nabeela?" After what felt like forever Nabeela answered, "I am fine, ameen to the prayers and thank you. Goodnight,"

"Wait Nabeela, don't go," Akeel shouted.

"What?" Akeel heard Nabeela's voice. This time he heard sniffs.

"You know, you can talk to me right. I am here to listen to you and give you a shoulder to cry on. You just finished telling me that it's nice to have someone to share your problems with,"

When she didn't say anything, Akeel added.

"Please Nabeela, talk to me, you will feel better if you do."

"Okayyy,"

"Go ahead,"

"I don't even know what to say," she took a deep breath then started.

"I miss her so much. I would do anything to just see her for a minute, even if it's in my dreams. I just want to see her, to hear her voice, to feel her arms around me." She said her voice cracking. Akeel felt so bad for saying he missed his ex. How could he talk about missing a mere ex girlfriend while she was there  missing the mother that she had never seen.

" I just want to see my mother?"she broke down.

"Everything would have been better if I am not reminded every single day that Mamie is not my mom."

"Shhhh," Akeelu had no idea how to comfort her.

"As in," she took a deep breath then continued.

"Its not like she maltreats me or something. But I always have this question at the back of my mind whenever she shouts at me, if she was my real mom would she shout at me like that?"

"Nabeela all parents are like that, its their way of showing they care. When Baba shouts at me sometimes, I used to think is he really my father?"

"Akeelu you won't understand, its getting too much, she shouts at me for the silliest and smallest things, an instance is when I forget to close the front door or warm up the food. Do you know what she finished shouting at me for?" Before Akilu could answer she continued.

"That I didn't cover up Ameer well and the AC was too cold. "

"Akilu I try my best and do everything she asks me to do. I am like the boys' nanny, the cook, the maid, the everything in this house but she never appreciates all my efforts,"

"I am tired Akilu. I am so tired and depressed. And I don't have anyone to tell all these. I feel like running away," By then she was crying hardly. If she was close by, Akilu would have hugged her tight and told her everything would be alright but she wasn't.

"I am so sorry Nabeela. I don't even know what to say. In sha Allah everything will be alright. " he just kept quiet hearing her hiccups and sobs. Few minutes later an idea popped into his head.

"Nabeela why don't you go and spend some time with your grandmom, maybe a change of environment is what you need,"

A/N

Hellloooooooo. I know it has been so long, I am sorry, ah I have so many excuses but first how have you all been?  Ya sallah ya azumi? This sallah I didn't get any yawon sallah😭😭wai mun girma ne?? I  enjoyed the sallah though, I have to go back to school on Monday😭😭😭

My excuses now, first I had my very first university exams, Immediately I finished those Ramadan started and then sallah. My brother broke my phone, I had to change the screen and its now so difficult to type 😭😭

Enough for today.
Thanks for not giving up on IAWT.
As usual don't forget to vote, comment and share.

I will try and update soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...