Enraptured | Jungkook ✓

By -tasfiah

The psychotic stalker; completely and irrevocably head over heels in love with the heartless murderer? It was... More

➵ REWRITING
Love Letter to Satan
Love is Passion, Love is Obsession
Are You Always Watching Me?
Park Jimin
Let's Play a Game Called 21 Questions
An Interesting Café Encounter and New Revelations
The Duality of Kim Taehyung
I Believe in Soulmates, Do You?
The Black Goat's Egg
First One to Lose the Bet, Dies
The Silence of Loving Someone, But Never Telling Them
Sacrificial Lamb
Forever Is a Long Ass Time
All The Best People Are Crazy
A Very...Interesting Seating Arrangement
Black Swan
Clair De Lune
And Lead Us Not Into Temptation
If Jungkook is the Devil, I am His Advocate
What Are We?
Strike
Seductive Lies or Hard Truths?
You're Not My First But Be My Last
I've Got Scars From a Life Before You
A Madman's Addiction
Meet the Parents
There's Nobody Like Us
Good Girls Go Bad
Forgive Me, Father, For I Have Sinned
Love's Philosophy
England Bound, Brother!
Revelations and Reconciliations

Who Could Love a Psychopath?

6.8K 626 753
By -tasfiah

Song of the chapter:
Are You All Good? - breathe.

Jungkook found himself unable to escape his incessant thoughts about you. It was driving him to the brink of madness. He sought solace in the comfort of a plush armchair, hoping that losing himself in a book would offer a temporary respite from his overwhelming feelings for you. But once again, he was proven wrong.

As he turned the pages of the book, its words seemed to blur together, failing to capture his attention. His mind kept wandering back to memories of you, your smile, and the way your laughter lit up a room. He couldn't shake the feeling that his connection with you ran deeper than mere infatuation.

With a sigh, Jungkook closed the book, feeling its weight in his hands. He leaned his head back against the armchair, allowing the soft cushions to embrace him. A gentle smile tugged at his lips, and he marvelled at how a simple thought of you could bring such warmth to his heart.

"Mystery girl," Jungkook whispered, his voice barely audible but filled with longing. "Are you there?"

You, always attuned to his thoughts, responded without hesitation. "Always."

Jungkook sat up straighter, his eyes brightening with anticipation. "I have a question for you," he said, his voice earnest. "When did you realise that you were in love with me?"

You couldn't help but chuckle at his audacity, surprised by his question. "I guess...from the moment I laid eyes on you," you replied, your voice carrying a mix of sincerity and playfulness. "Your kindness, your passion, everything about you made me fall in love instantly."

Jungkook's laughter filled the room, a genuine sound that echoed with joy. "I should have known you'd have an answer like that. You never cease to surprise me."

Curiosity sparked in your voice as you asked, "but why this sudden question? Is something bothering you?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, contemplating his response. "It's nothing, really," he replied, attempting to brush it off. "I was just curious. Can someone with such a dark past and dark future ever find love? Can they truly deserve it?"

A softness resonated in your voice as you reassured him, "everyone deserves love, Jungkook. It's about finding the right person who sees the goodness within you, who accepts you completely."

Jungkook felt a knot loosen in his chest as your words washed over him. They reminded him of a conversation he had with a certain someone not too long ago, when you shared your own wisdom. The memory resurfaced, vivid and undeniable.

"Killers can have hearts too, I guess. They just need the right person to give it to."

His eyes widened, realisation dawning upon him. That's what [Y/N] had said to him only a couple of days ago, when the two of them had coincidentally bumped into each other at the mall.

This couldn't just be a mere coincidence anymore...

Could it?

• • •

The rush coursing through your veins felt like a surge of liquid adrenaline, electrifying your senses with an inexplicable excitement. Every time your eyes met, a tingling sensation caressed your skin, while your heart pounded in your chest, threatening to shatter into countless pieces. Looking into Jungkook's piercing brown eyes was akin to gazing at the sun for too long, a scorching sensation that paradoxically brought you satisfaction. Your chest housed not just butterflies but an entire menagerie, a sickeningly delightful sensation.

Suddenly, you noticed that his friends had encircled him, and you averted your gaze, not wanting to attract their attention.

"Dude, she's right over there," Jimin whispered to Hoseok, a silent urging to make a move. Jungkook observed your every move, silently captivated, while you anxiously sought a place to sit in the bustling cafeteria, still waiting for your perpetually tardy friend, Lee Ji-eun. "It's now or never."

Hesitant, Hoseok reluctantly agreed, exhaling a frustrated breath. "Fine, I'll do it."

With determination, Hoseok rose from his seat, his palms sweaty, and a blush burning on his cheeks, the nerves evident. "I've got this," he whispered to himself.

"Does he?" Jimin commented, a mischievous grin spreading across his face, as the group discreetly observed the unfolding scene.

"I don't think you should have done that," Jungkook remarked.

"Why?" Namjoon queried. "[Y/N] seems like a sweet girl. Plus, who wouldn't want to be with someone like Hoseok?"

"Touché," Taehyung chimed in, nodding in agreement. "Hoseok is husband material, trust me."

"I just don't think he's her type," Jungkook sighed, his frustration evident.

"Yeah, because you know her so well," Taehyung scoffed sarcastically, earning an annoyed glare from Jungkook.

"Whatever."

"Hey," Hoseok greeted you, appearing nervous. For some inexplicable reason, beyond your own understanding, you had an inkling of how this conversation would unfold. A small, genuine smile formed on his face, radiating pure happiness, like a blossoming spring flower. It emanated from deep within him, lighting up his eyes and spreading through every fibre of his being. "Um, are you busy right now?"

"Not really...do you need something?" You asked, feeling a sudden awkwardness as Jungkook's close friend, Hoseok, stood before you. This unexpected encounter caught you completely off guard.

"I do," Hoseok replied, his luscious lips curving into the most perfect smile. You were uncertain about your own feelings towards it—undeniably beautiful, yet uncertain of its meaning. "Can we talk for a second? We can go somewhere else if you prefer."

"I don't mind talking here," you responded, biting your lip nervously. Hoseok blushed deeply as he observed you, unable to contain his nerves any longer.

"I like you," he blurted out suddenly, catching you completely by surprise. "I think you're incredibly beautiful and sweet. I wanted to invite you to my friend's masquerade party this weekend."

Oh no.

Words eluded you as your cheeks flushed pink, and your stomach sank, a heavy weight settling within. Nervously, you let out a small laugh, inadvertently transforming this moment into an awkward joke.

"Haha?" Hoseok joined your laughter, feeling the ground beneath him disappear.

"Uh, I...I..." you hesitated, unsure of how to proceed. Rejecting someone in this manner was completely foreign to you, and the weight of the situation hung heavily on your shoulders. "I..."

In that moment, your brain conjured up the first instinctive response.

"Haha," you stood up from your seat, mustering a nervous smile in Hoseok's direction. With a playful smack on his shoulder, you said, "I like you too...as a friend."

"A friend?" Hoseok mumbled to himself, taken aback. Well, damn, he had just been friend-zoned. "Yeah, haha, I feel the same way!"

"Haha, yeah," you forced a laugh, but inside, your heart sank. You didn't want to hurt him, but the romantic connection he sought wasn't there for you.

Unable to bear the embarrassment any longer, Hoseok mustered a fake smile and walked away, his breathing quickened.

Jimin, perplexed, said "dude—"

"Nobody. Say. Anything," Hoseok interrupted, his tone deadpan.

"But—"

"I just got fucking friend-zoned."

The group of friends exchanged glances, sensing the tension in the air. Taehyung spoke up, attempting to diffuse the situation. "Well, it happens to the best of us, Hoseok. You'll find someone who appreciates you."

Jungkook, his expression subdued, quietly added, "yeah, someone who sees how amazing you are."

Hoseok nodded, swallowing his disappointment, and the group dispersed, each lost in their thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 248 35
book of texts and imagines between bts and you, with different scenarios ✨⚘ -REQUESTS OPEN- ENJOY~!
934 63 31
It's a fanfiction of Jeon jungkook X reader (y/n). Behind an alluring facade lies the ugliness of the heart. She was just like this, a killer beauty...
368K 10.9K 85
The starting of the story mainly it is your point of view, you, unlike any other girl, is in love with their song instead of the Bangtan members. Rea...
Freaks By Sam

Fanfiction

119K 5K 124
BTS x reader ~ They called you monsters. Freaks. And little by little you started to believe in it. Letter by letter. Word by word. Monster. ~ Discla...