A Beautiful Mistake

By _letmekissyounialler

Katherine Carter was your average 16 year old. Except for the fact that her parents died when she was 12 and... More

Pinky Promise
New Home
One Direction Are Vacationing Where?
The Five Boys Next Door
The Box of Carrots
Better Luck Next Time
Best Friends?
Getting Their Numbers
Going for a Swim
That's One For Twitter
The Not So Girls Day
Bring It, Curly
Disneyland with the Boys
Under the Castle
He's Said What???
Singing and Sluts
Nightmares
Chocolate Chip Pancakes and the Beach
The Truth Comes Out
Sleepover
Broken
Thunderstorms
Killer Spiders
Ass of Holes
Movie Premiere
Stupid Ex Boyfriend
Hospital on Fourth of July
Hearts Break. Circles go on Forever
Niall's Grand Slam
Heart to Heart with Zayn Malik
Niall Makes Me Fall
Good Night Kiss
Destructive Cookie Sheets
Freedom!
And So It Begins
Ash
What Are You Doing Here?
Can't Breathe
Goodbyes and New Beginnings?
Shopping Spree pt. 1
Shopping Spree pt. 2
Last Day
The Fun and Only
Down Right Cruel
A Fish Without Eyes
Zayn gets his Trousers Twisted
Annoying Buzz
Three Days
Payback is a Bitch

He'll Keep You Safe

1.2K 25 5
By _letmekissyounialler

I woke up in my bedroom with the sunlight blinding me. Right as I stood up my door flew open. Erika and the boys were standing there yelling multiple things at me.

"HURRY UP!"

"WE WANNA GO!"

"HOW COULD YOU STILL BE SLEEPING!?"

I took a deep breathe, "Everyone shut up and give me a minute!!!"

They laughed and let me get myself ready. I jumped in the shower and I washed off the make-up that I forgot to take off last night. I finished under five minutes. Woohoo! I dried myself off, slipped into a pair of shorts and a floral shirt from Abercrombie. I decided to let my hair air dry. There's not much I can do with it anyways. I applied my standard make-up consisting of mascra and that stuff you put on your face to hid zits.

When I finished trying to look somewhat presentable, I walked downstairs and found Kris figuring out the car arrangements.

"Okay so I'll drive and Erika, Kody, Harry, and Zayn will ride with me. Louis, you can drive. Why don't you take Niall, Liam, Josh and Katie." Kris stated.

Louis nodded, "So I'll just follow you then?"

"Yep!" Kris smiled.

"Now that that's settled, LETS GO!!!!" Liam shouted while running out to the car. The boys chuckled, but followed him out as well.

Once Liam reached the car he climbed into the passenger side, "SHOT GUN!!!!" For being known as Daddy Direction, he's pretty funny!

"Looks like its you get to sit with me!" I playfully pushed Josh. He rolled his eyes teasingly and climbed in, leaving me to sit in the middle. Niall slid in after me.

Kris honked her horn at us as she passed by us. Louis pulled out of the driveway, following Kris to the freeway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was the longest car ride EVER!" Zayn complained. He got out of the car and stretched.

I chuckled and put my hand on his shoulder, "It was only and hour, Zayn."

"I know..." Zayn sighed. I laughed and removed my hand from his shoulder. Kris walked over to us and recited the rules, "Here's some money for the wristbands and food. Have fun! Erika, text me when you kids wnat to come home."

"Got it, Mom!" Erika gave her mom a thumbs up. Kris laughed and walked back to her car.

"Come on let's go!!!" Kody cried. He grabbed Erika's wrist and pulled her towards the ticket booth. We all purchased the wristband that lets us go on rides aas much as we want. After, Josh dragged us to the Tilt-a-Whirl. We tried to squeeze in one car thingy, but the worker made us me, Niall, Liam, Zayn and Josh get out. We piled into another car thing and Liam pulled down the bar. The worker came around and checked the bar before starting up the ride. When it started I threw my arms in the air, laughing. Josh looked at me like I was insane. I don't know why though. Niall, Liam and Zayn were doing the same.

As we were getting off the ride, Niall grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. My stomach flipped at his touch. He looked at me smiling his crooked smile and staring at me with his beautiful blue eyes. I was getting lost in them. I realised I was staring so I looked down trying to avoid his sparkly blue eyes. I smiled to myself. Do I like him?

"Hey guys! What now???" Louis asked interuppting my thoughts.

I looked around at my surroundings. I spotted one of those huge slides that they always have at fairs. I pointed to it, "That!"

Everyone agreed. We made our way over to the slide, Niall was still holding my hand. We showed the guy our wristbands and grabbed one of those potatoe sack things. When we reached the top, Zayn, Liam, Harry, Niall and I layed the potatoe sack down in our lanes.

"Hey guys, wanna race?" I asked. They nodded eagerly. "Erika, count for us!"

"Okay, get on the thingy first!" Erika pointed to the potatoe sack. We hopped on and she counted down, "Three, two, ONE!!!!"

I pushed myself using the handle bars on the sides. I caught some air when I went down the first dip. Niall and Liam were ahead of me, almost to the bottom. Nooooooooooooo.....

Liam got to the bottom first, "HA, I WIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!" He fist pumped as Zayn and Harry slid down. I was the last one. Greaaat. The boys started laughing and teasing. I rolled my eyes, but started laughing along too.

Once everyone was down, we walked around the fairgrounds aimlessly. We stopped by the food area.

"I'm hungry." Erika announced

"Me too!" Niall and I said in unison. We looked at each other and bursted into laughing fits.

"Well I'm not." Kody said. Liam, Zayn, and Josh agreed with him.

"Alright, go ride some rides while we eat." Erika compromised. Kody gave Erika a huge hug and ran in the opposite direction. Liam, Zayn and Josh slowly followed behind.

"DON'T DO ANYTHING STUPID." Erika yelled after him. Kody was about twenty feet away. He didnt stop running, he just threw a thumbs up in the air. That left Erika, Louis, Harry, Niall and me.

"So what are we going to get?" I asked jumping up and down slightly. I looked at all the food venues and spotted one that was selling turkey legs. My eyes got huge, "That looks so good!" I ran over to the huge cart. The others ran after me, looking at the menu above the workers head.

"One turkey leg, please." I smiled at the worker. He looked about he was in his mid 30's. I bet it sucks to work here.

"Six dollars. And it'll be about a five minute wait." He grumbled. Yep, it sucks. I nodded and handed the man the money. I stepped to the side letting my friends order. After the turkey legs were done, we walked around trying to find a empty table.

"OH MY GOD, YOU'RE HARRY STYLES, LOUIS TOMLINSON, AND NIALL HORAN. OH MY GOOOOOD. CAN I GET A PICTURE WITH YOU!?" A little girl about 12 years old ran up to us jumping up and down.

"Of course." Louis smiled. The girl shrieked a little. She turned my way to hand me her camera, but her mouth fell through the floor, "OH MY SWEET BABY JESUS. YOU'RE KATHERINE CARTER!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!"

I chuckled, "And why is that?"

Her eyebrows furrowed together, "Aren't you and Niall dating? It's all over the magazines!" Okay, why havent I seen these magazines before!?

I pushed some of my hair behind my ear, "Oh, no we-"

"-Were trying to keep it a secret." Niall interuppted me by putting his arm around my shoulder. My eyes shot over to his and gave him my best 'What the hell' face. Me? And Niall? HA, he only likes me as a friend. But then why would he-

"OKAAAY, Here let me take your picture!" Erika said grabbing the camera out of the girl's hand. The girl stood in the middle with Harry and Niall on either side of her. Niall pulled me next to him and Louis stood next to Harry. When Erika went to hand back the camera, the girl asked if she could get one with just me and Erika.

Erika's face lit up, "Sure!" She shoved the camera to Louis. We stood next to the girl and smiled. Louis took a couple before handing it back, "Here you are, love."

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Thank you so much!" She took the phone and ran back to her mom.

"That was so cool!!!" I shouted while bouncing on my feet.

Louis slung his arm around me shoulder, "Ah, yes... I remember my first fan encounter." I laughed and pushed his arm off me.

"Yea, yea. Let's just go eat. I'm starving!" I picked up my turkey leg from the nearest table that I set it on.

"She is a keep, Nialler!" Louis said as he patted Niall's shoulder. My cheeks started heating up. I tried covering it by looking away.

"LOUIS." Erika shouted. Louis held up his hand in defense while walking a safe distance away, next to Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I set the bone of the turkey leg down and stood up, "HA. You owe me five bucks!"

Louis groaned as he pulled a five dollar bill out of his wallet. He handed it to me with his head hanging in shame.

Erika laughed, "It was kinda stupid to bet if Katie will finish her turkey leg."

I took the bill and shoved it my pocket, "Yea it was."

Louis let out a dramatic sigh, "Well I didn't think she would finish it! She already ate a cotton candy and a bag of popcorn!"

I patted Louis on his head, "You sir, should have known by now."

Harry, Niall, and Erika laughed at us as Louis stuck his tongue out at me. I sat back down, picking at the bone for any meat I missed.

"What are we going to go on now?" Harry asked

It went silent. We started looking around to see what we haven't gone on yet.

"How about that?" Louis questioned. He pointed over to the giant farris wheel. Everyone agreed annd started standing up, clearing off the table

"Ummmm, I don't know..." I said slowly standing up.

"Ride with Niall. He'll keep you safe." Louis winked. I punched Louis in the arm. "Hey, no need to get all abusive." I punched him again. Louis didn't say anything, he just glared at me while rubbing his shoulder.

I tried stalling by walking as slowly as possible to the Farris Wheel. It didn't work. Louis grabbed my arm and literally dragged me to the line. I felt my phone buzz.

From: Erika is the BEST<3

You know what happens on a farris wheel right??

 I was about to reply, but Louis pushed Niall and I onto the seat.

"Have fun, lovebirds!" Louis smiled. I'm going to hurt that boy. He walked back to Erika, casually swinging an arm around her shoulder. I gave him my best death glare.

The worker came by and pulled the bar down over Niall and I. Oh shit, its gonna move soon. Oh shit. Why??? The Farris Wheel jerked foward and moved up a little.

"OH SHIT." I screamed.

Niall laughed, "It's okay Katie." He put his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him. "Scared of hieghts?" He asked

I shook my head, "Scared of falling."

Niall rubbed my shoulder and whispered, "I'll catch you."

It felt like my heart did a tap dance. What's wrong with me? Niall is my best friend. Besides he doesn't like me like that. Wait, he told the girl that we were keeping it a secret. Why would he tell her that?  The Farris Wheel moved up more. Niall and I were now at the top. I looked up at Niall, "Niall, why did you tell that girl we were a secret?"

A shade of pink formed on Niall's cheeks. He took a deep breathe, "Katherine," He started. Shit just got serious.

"I don't know how to say this so I'm just gonna say it." He looked at me deep in my eyes. Niall took another breathe,  "I knew from that first moment I saw you. You're so beautiful and talented. I also remember thinking, 'Damn she eats like me!'" I giggled at that part.

"Remember that day after... you're brother passed...? You looked so broken. It tore my heart to pieces seeing you like that. I promised myself that I would always be there for you. No matter what. Katie, I fancy you." Niall whispered the last part. He fancied me!? Niall Horan fancies me... and I 'fancy' him.  Oh my God...

"Katie? Please say something." Niall whispered. My eyes flickered back up to his. I threw my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I fancy you too." I whispered.

Niall let go. He looked me in the eyes. I'm not sure which one of us started leaning in, but I'm pretty sure it was Niall. I closed my eyes as Niall closed the gap between us. Niall kissed me softly, yet passionatly.You know how they say you see fireworks or sparks? Yea, I definatly saw those. Niall continued to kiss me until the Farris Wheel jerked backward. We broke apart.

"SHIT." I mumbled. Partly because it almost made me piss myself and partly because I didn't want Niall's lips to leave mine.

Niall kept my forehead close to his and whispered, "You have no idea how long I've waited to do that."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! They kissed :D Finally, right? LOL. Good job, Nialler!

Sorry for my wierdness.... Any wooooo, did you guys like it!? Please tell me!

Comment. Vote. Fan?? :) xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 208 9
" À không phải thích mà là... Yêu Em rất nhiều " " em không thích cờ đỏ chút nào nhưng anh là ngoại lệ " ...
556K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...