Deal With It

由 Aysha07

Tyler Lawson. The hottie in town. The "bad boy". My best friend's brother. The guy I absolutely despised. Eve... 更多

Deal With It
introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
epilogue
author's note

thirty eight

2.5K 71 5
由 Aysha07

Chapter 38

Arissa's POV

I sat quietly on the sofa beside Tyler whilst Daniel was still present in the room. I knew the only reason he was still here was to say something about yesterday night, but Tyler had no idea and I could sense that he wanted Daniel to leave.

I sort of did too.

I kept my eyes fixed on the large tv screen, trying to divert my thoughts from Drew's departure when Tyler spoke up. "I'm going to go use the bathroom," he said, waiting a few seconds for my response. I nodded my head and he left the room.

Daniel seized the opportunity and approached me, standing up as he looked down at me. "Arissa, I need to talk about yesterday." I was surprised he even remembered. I glanced at him and gave him my okay. "I want," he started, pausing as he scrambled through his mind and tried to word what he wanted to say correctly. "I want to apologise, I shouldn't have said anything about your relationship with Tyler. That's your personal matter," he smiled and despite the words he was saying, I couldn't grasp any real regret from him. He sounded quite reluctant to say anything, almost as though he had no other choice.

"It's okay," I told him, unwilling to keep our friendship uncomfortable. "You were drunk, you didn't know what you were saying," I brushed it off. Currently, I was not in the mood to talk about what he said or the meaning behind it. I didn't want to dwell over what was going through his mind or how he felt about me.

"Well, apparently you speak the truth when you're drunk," he mumbled, looking away, but I made no comment. Why did he have to be so difficult? Here I was, accepting his apology and suggesting that we should forget what he said but he was just adamant on not letting it go. I didn't understand. Did he want to settle this or not?

"Let's just forget last night and start afresh," I said, hoping he wouldn't make another ambiguous remark.

His powerful gaze was held on me and he finally sighed, nodding. "Okay."

As soon as those words left his lips, an angry faced Tyler stormed into the room. "What the hell happened last night?" he growled.

I frowned, really not needing an argument from him. I realised what must have been going through his head but hoped he had enough faith and trust in me to stop him from imagining the worst possible scenario. "Not what you're thinking," I let out a heavy sigh.

He raised his eyebrows, folding his arms over his chest confidently. "And what am I thinking?"

"That we kissed maybe? Or slept together," Daniel shrugged his shoulders, holding back a smirk. I glared at him. He was just provoking Tyler unnecessarily and I was honestly worried about the consequences it could lead to.

"You shut up!" Tyler bellowed, pointing his finger at him threateningly. This only made Daniel grin wider as he shook his head.

"If anything like that really is going through your head, then you're a total moron. You really think Arissa is that type?" he asked, mustering an appalled expression.

"I never said that at all. Now leave, I want to talk to my girlfriend," he made sure to emphasise himself, the possessive side of him growing, "without interruptions from you."

I bit my lip and turned to Daniel. "I'll handle this," I told him. His lips parted and he was planning to say something but I shook my head at him. "Please."

I swore we had been in a very similar position only weeks ago. Tyler seemed madder then though. Maybe he was finally learning to control his anger and would talk to me instead of ordering me around. Daniel gave a small grunt and reluctantly left my home, giving Tyler and me some space.

"Before you start yelling and believing that something happened between Daniel and me, hear me out. You always jump to the worst possible conclusion and I really do not like it. You—"

"Okay, I'll listen to you, promise."

"See! You're interrupting me before I've even finished and we're just going to end up annoyed at each other! Why don't you let me explain myself?" I shouted, my cheeks turning redder and warmer by the second. He stood there dumbfounded and I had no idea why. He was acting as though what I was saying came as a surprise to him when it shouldn't. "What?" I snapped.

"Did you even hear what I said?" he asked, throwing his arms up frustratedly.

"Why should I listen to you? You're going to listen to me now!"

He began to laugh. Why the hell was he laughing in between an argument? I was just about to ask when he set his cold hands down on my shoulders. "You definitely did not hear me earlier. I said I'd listen to you but you obviously enjoy yelling at me," he grinned.

It was unusual for him to be so calm in a situation like this, let alone say he'd let me speak first. "You did?" I was confused. Maybe I should have listened to him properly. But you couldn't blame me either, usually he'd never accept so easily.

"I did," he nodded.

"Oh. Why? I mean, how are you so calm about this?"

"I don't have to be calm if you don't want me to," he smiled.

"No! I definitely want you to... but it's just odd."

His hands moved from my shoulders down to my waist and he held me tightly in place. "I promised to keep you happy and make these the best months of your life, that won't happen if I begin with a fight. I'm a man of my word," he grinned and I smiled at his sweet words.

"You still want to know what happened, don't you?" I was testing him. If he really wanted to know, I would tell him. I had absolutely nothing to hide.

He rolled his bottom lip back between his white teeth as he contemplated this. "You know what? I do."

I knew it.

Just as I opened my mouth to tell him, he clamped his hand over it. "I want to know, but that doesn't mean I need to. I trust you, Arissa. And I know you'd never do anything to harm our relationship. If anyone, it'd be me!" he said and my eyebrows shot up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scowled, slapping his hand away and a look of realisation crossed his features.

"I didn't mean it like that! I wouldn't do something stupid, I'm just saying you'd be less likely to?" he tried to justify what he had said and I rolled my eyes.

"You better not or I'll never forgive you," I pouted and he leaned down to plant a kiss on my lips.

I was happy. I loved how Tyler didn't make a huge deal out of this, made progress by controlling his anger and actually allowed me a chance to speak, then said he trusted me so I didn't have to explain. I would make sure never to break that trust. Never, ever.

Two hours after watching utter crap on the television, raiding my cupboards and fridge, and scoffing down any junk food we found at my house, Tyler scooted over even closer to me. He traced his fingertips along my thigh before making circular motions, tickling me slightly.

"I was thinking.." he started, "we should get back to what we started yesterday."

I looked at him and shook my head. "I don't think we should," I admitted and he frowned. With embarrassment, I leaned forward and very quietly whispered in his ear, "I got my period," I bit my lip and he instantly groaned.

"Just my luck," he stuck out his lower lip.

Just then, I had an idea. "I want to do something for you," I grinned and he looked surprised. Very surprised that I suggested it.

Surprise didn't mean refusal though, and he quickly accepted my offer.

-

4 Days Later

30th December

My phone had rang for the fourth time in the last hour and it was by the same person.

Zach.

He had dialled my number and rang countless times now but I didn't want to hear anything from him. I had closed that chapter of my life and seeing Zach only brought back bad memories. The memories that were much better suited being locked away with the key thrown into the Pacific Ocean. Gone. Never to be brought back.

I feared that becoming involved with him, even though being friends was close to impossible, would somehow drag Tyler back into that wrong circle of friends who led him to do stupid, dangerous things in the first instance. As much as I'd hate surrounding myself with his kind, I hated the idea of Tyler mingling with them even more so.

Tyler knew that Zach was persistently ringing and he had told me to ignore it, saying he would eventually give up. I didn't mind him ringing the first few times because I liked listening to my ringtone, but now he was making me despise it and that was pretty annoying. I couldn't help but conclude that the reason why Tyler told me not to answer Zach was related to the heated argument I had seen them engage in at the mall.

I was curious and extremely tempted to pick up.

I had been spending most of my time with my boyfriend so even if I wanted to answer Zach's call, I wouldn't really be able to. But now I was alone. I had a chance to unearth the mystery that had been clawing away at my insides. Tyler's reason for the argument was convincing but I still wanted to hear the other side of it.. and also make something clear to Zach.

"Hello?" I answered, just before Zach was going to hang up.

"Arissa! Thank God you answered!" he exclaimed in relief. "I thought you were ignoring me."

"I was," I said. "I still am," I corrected. "The only reason I picked up was to ask you something," I told him.

"Oh, okay. You can ask me whatever you want but I need to tell you something first."

I thought over it but it was obviously something important since he kept ringing and sounded so desperate. "Go on," I said.

"It's about Tyler, you need to talk to him," he instructed me.

"About what?"

"You see, Jake was trying to get in contact with him—" he began but I stopped him.

"I should have guessed it would be about this. Listen Zach, do whatever you like but Tyler isn't going to be a part of your gang anymore. He doesn't want anything to do with Jake and I know he would never help him with his illicit errands again. So please just leave him and me alone, we don't want any part in this."

"No, you don't understand!" he shouted and just as I was about to give him a mouthful, I heard muffled whispers on the other end. He was talking to someone but I couldn't distinguish the two voices or hear what it was about. He cut me off immediately.

I furrowed my brow at the mobile phone in my hand, contemplating whether I should ring back or not. I decided not to. After all, I didn't need to hear anything from him so it would be pointless and quite stupid of me to bring the conversation up again.

A while later, totally bored with nothing to do, I rang Heidi. I needed to spend more time with her. We were joined at the hip usually but recently it hadn't been the same.

"Hey, Arissa!" she chimed as soon as she picked up. My respect and adulation for her had increased so much more after the events over the last couple of months. I didn't even think that was possible.

She was such a strong, brave woman and I was unable to comprehend how she could behave so cheerfully and optimistically after everything she had been through. Then again, it was one of her strongest and most admirable traits; she always had a positive approach to things and looked at the brighter side of life. She was appreciative of everything she had, not ungrateful for anything she lost or any problems that were thrown in her direction.

I loved my best friend and I hoped someday I could be as great a person as her.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked, maybe too formally.

"I'm good! You?" she answered, imitating me. This felt awkward.

"Great," I said. "We need to see each other!" I exclaimed and she agreed with me completely. "How about a movie night tonight?" I suggested, since tomorrow was New Year's Eve and I would be spending it with Tyler. I would begin the new year with him right by my side, nothing but happiness between us.

"I don't know.." she said, her voice then changing to a whisper. "I'm with Alec!" I could sense the excitement wanting to burst out in her quiet voice and knew a reddish hue would be clouding her face right now.

"You are, are you?" I teased, biting my tongue. "Have fun!" I shouted. "And be safe!" I laughed and she responded with a small gasp just before I hung up.

-

Tyler's POV

I was sat around a table with Jake, whose head I felt like ripping off, Doug, beady-eyed Tommy and Mark. I had seen Zach here a while ago but had no idea where he disappeared to. I was glad that he wasn't present, mainly because that day at the mall he was persuading me not to go to the party tomorrow night. I was surprised as to why he would want to help me but then realised he wasn't helping or thinking about my safety at all. The bastard knew what Jake would do if I disagreed to help so he was only trying to make my life worse.

I wouldn't give him that satisfaction.

I would go to the party, get the money from Gabriel— whoever the hell he was— give it to either Mark or Tommy since they were the ones accompanying me, and get the hell out of there so I could be holding Arissa when the clock struck twelve, signalling the start of the new year. The year where I would make sure everything went right for me and the people I cared for. The year where my relationship with Arissa would grow stronger than ever and where I'd finally move on with my life and achieve something my mum would be proud of.

"Take this," Jake slammed the same black gun from our last meeting down before me. "You might need it."

"I won't," I pushed it towards him. "I'm not using a gun on anyone, no matter what happens."

"Why not? You've done it before," he grinned, refreshing the haunting memories from the past that had been concealed to protect me. I didn't know how it was pulled off but the guys in charge did it. Even though I hadn't forgotten about it, something that was impossible to do, I had stored it in the back of my mind and tried to never think about it. Until now.

"I was defending myself," I began to justify my actions as my vision trailed off somewhere beyond this table. "I'm a different person now. I won't ever do that again."

He scoffed, "suit yourself." Then, inspecting me, he said something else which consumed all my thoughts, pointing his finger at me. "But we all know you still have those demons hidden inside of you, just waiting to get out and cause some more trouble."

The look etched on his face in this moment made me think his demons were already on the surface, protruding, patiently observing until their chance to be released and put all his destructive schemes into action.

I wouldn't lie. For a moment, I considered taking the weapon. But then I remembered my girlfriend. It was hard enough and bad enough for me to be plotting things with the enemy, even if it was to save her, but I couldn't betray her this much and take the gun. She would be so disappointed, even if I didn't have the intent to use it.

"I have all the details, I think I'll leave now," I told him, purposely scraping my chair across the ground as I pushed it back so it would make an ear-piercing screeching sound.

I sturdily stood up and shot them all a glare.

"10pm sharp, yeah?" Jake reminded me. I lightly nodded and walked away.

-

As I drove home, the only thing on my mind was what Jake had said. Was it possible for me to be led astray easily? Even after the things I had turned around in my life? The positive changes I had made?

These were the thoughts racing through my mind when I saw something outside than angered me a lot more. Two people, who separately meant so much to me but together, made me angrier than Hulk being trapped in a fucking beehive.

I stopped my car before a small desserts bar and witnessed them both holding hands. I quickly got out and began walking towards them, shouting out his name when he leaned in for a kiss.

"Alec!" I bellowed, the colour in my face deepening and transforming into a dark shade of red. "What the fuck are you doing?" I stalked right upto him. "Get away from her!" I barked and when he didn't obey, I shoved him back.

"What's your problem?" he shouted back in a voice just as loud as mine. Except it didn't sound as mad.

"You can't be fucking serious! I've told you time and time again to stay the hell away from my sister!"

"Why?" Heidi inserted herself into the conversation, obviously against me. "What's so bad about the idea of us possibly being together?" I was surprised that she had spoken up. "You're dating my best friend and I didn't say anything. Actually, I quite like it. So why are you so against me dating your best friend?"

I didn't answer. Instead I changed the topic, steering the conversation in a way that would benefit me and give me the answers I was looking for. "How long has this been going on?" I waved my finger in the space between the two of them. "How long have you been going behind my back and hiding this from me?"

"It's only our second date!" Heidi exclaimed.

"Only?" I snorted.

She nodded, crossing her arms over her chest and tightening her jaw. This was all Alec's influence. She would never speak to me like this or give me attitude before. But just after a short period of time with him she was changing her behaviour towards me and I didn't like my authority being challenged at all.

"She's not a baby anymore, Tyler. I know you want to protect her, and you can, but I wouldn't ever hurt her. I'm sure she can decide who she wants to date without your input," Alec said calmly.

Screw him and his fucking calm attitude all the time, always making me look like the bad guy. "Because that turned out so well the last time!" I yelled before thinking. Heidi took a step back and her face dropped.

"Are you seriously comparing me to that asshole?" Alec was shocked to say the least. I pondered over it. I shouldn't have said that. Sure, I didn't trust Alec around my sister but he would never abuse a woman. I knew that for certain.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you definitely were," he countered and something felt strange. His voice was rising not just in volume, but also intensity. There were only a few rare occasions when he actually conveyed his emotions like this.

"You know what? Fine, I was. I'm sorry, alright? You two do whatever the hell you want but don't let your lovey dovey shit come into my sight because I don't approve," I said and they quietly listened. "And Heidi," I directed my attention towards her. "Don't listen to me. I don't care. But when something happens, don't rely on me to take your side because I'm done. I guess you'll only appreciate me when I'm not around for you."

I gave them one last look and pivoted on my heel, walking back towards my car. I heard a couple of shouts behind me but ignored them and continued to make my way back.

Hopefully the next chapter will be more exciting!

Hope you liked it :)

Vote and comment xo

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

3.6K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
271K 9K 42
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Claire is in trouble. More specifically, her family is. Or the lack th...
20.9K 1.4K 31
Tyler Hart has made a lot of mistakes in his life, but he never claimed to be a good person. He gave up that idea years ago. He steals, cheats, lies...
6.3M 229K 21
She didn't fall, she was pushed. Let me explain more, yeah? She was pushed, by her best friends, into a guy- but not just any guy. Cyrus Angelo, the...