Blue ━ Hermione Granger

By casuaIIy

❝Good people are like candles. They burn themselves up to give others light.❞ order of the phoenix... More

BLUE
EPIGRAPH
MOODBOARD
ACT ONE: LIMERENCE
| PROLOGUE
| ONE: TRUTHS UNTOLD
| TWO: DREADFUL LIES
| THREE: STAR WARS
| FOUR: HEARTBREAK GIRL
| FIVE: BAD NEWS
| SIX: HOG'S HEAD
| SEVEN: BADASS AMY
| EIGHT: OLD TIMES
| NINE: BETRAYED AGAIN
| TEN: TOAD-LIKE GRIN
| ELEVEN: FLY LITTLE BIRD
| TWELVE: VEILS COULD TALK
| THIRTEEN: BECOMING A BLOODTRAITOR
| FOURTEEN: RECOVERY
ACT TWO: ADDICTION
| FIFTEEN: HOW LIFE IS NOW
| SIXTEEN: FORGIVE, DON'T FORGET
| SEVENTEEN: LOYALTY OF A HUFFLEPUFF
| EIGHTEEN: INTO THE DARKNESS
| NINETEEN: SELFLESS AND SELFISH
| TWENTY: MEET ME INSIDE
| TWENTYONE: COULD DIE HAPPY
| TWENTYTWO: WORLD CAME CRASHING
| TWENTYTHREE: HELPING HANDS
| TWENTYFOUR: THING ABOUT PARTIES
| TWENTYFIVE: REDEMPTION CALLS
| TWENTYSIX: FLEETING MOMENTS
| TWENTYSEVEN: FROM THE ASHES
ACT THREE: RESTORATION
| TWENTYNINE: TO SAVE A LIFE
| THIRTY: THE BELLS RING
| THIRTYONE: TOMORROW NIGHT
| THIRTYTWO: WHO'S WAVERLY HART?
| THIRTYTHREE: A LOCKET AND A GIRL
| THIRTYFOUR: PROPHECY UNFOLDS
FINAL NOTE

| TWENTYEIGHT: IN A DAYDREAM

2.6K 139 45
By casuaIIy

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.
IN A DAYDREAM

The sun felt so nice on her skin. Flesh touching flesh, a warm hand holding her own as the world seemed to escape the teenage girl as she closed her eyes and laid there in the grass. She was a peace, a short peace that could never last forever but at least she had it there for a moment. Amandla Felicity Fitzgerald dreamed of a place where Hermione Granger would lay with her and it would just be them in their own world, together and happy, but never thought it would become a reality. Low and behold, here she was with the lovely Granger girl.

They were in this world alone, just the two of them with the sun and the field far behind the Weasley household. Amandla never wanted to return to the real world, wanted to lay there forever because there was no stress there. In this moment, Hermione was laying short pecks on her neck as she smiled. In this moment, she was holding her hand without fear of hiding and it was just the two of them. It was the two of them in this lovely heaven that wouldn't last forever. But there was this moment and Amandla would cherish it for the rest of the days.

"Open your eyes and pay attention to me," Hermione pouted slightly, turning Amandla's face to her. Obeying her command, she opened her eyes before giving Hermione a short kiss, pleasing the other girl.

"It's so pretty outside," Amandla commented, looking around at the area they had spent so many hours at over the course of the week Amandla had spent at the house.

"Mrs. Weasley likes to take care of her land, especially if it means putting the boys to work," Hermione responded, humming slightly as she looked at their two hands interlocked with one another.

Amandla chuckled, "I can imagine that. Good thing she hasn't gotten Corey to do anything yet, he hates spending time outside."

"I don't understand that. My parents would always take me camping though. Rather liked it really," Hermione reminisced. Amandla almost missed the sad (more like pained) look in her eyes.

"Then we'll have to go camping sometime," she decided. Hermione looked at her as if she were a madwoman, prompting her to continue. "After the war, when we survive and win. I'll take you camping."

Hermione's beautiful and blinding smile returned, "I'd like that."

"Although," Amandla looked at her, "I have to tell you, I've never been camping before, so I don't really know what to expect."

The Granger girl turned to lay on her stomach instead of her back then. "You'll have a fun time, don't worry," she assured.

"I always have a fun time when I'm with you," Amandla said back, causing Hermione to roll her eyes and mutter about just how sappy she was. Amandla couldn't disagree with that.

She looked back up to the sky, seeing the sun set which caused a frown to set it. "It's getting dark, we'll have to go inside soon," Amandla commented.

"Shame, but at least we'll have a nice dinner to look forward to. And, if I heard correctly, I'm pretty sure Lupin and Sirius are coming for the night," Hermione said.

"Really?" Amandla smiled, to which the other girl nodded, "That's just wonderful! I haven't seen Sirius since early last summer. Well, at the train station, really. Anastasia doesn't like us leaving the house during the summer, it's a miracle she allowed this."

"Well, I don't think she really had a choice when the Order demanded that all the children come here. You know, for safety reasons."

"Or the fact that Caesar agreed that it would be safer here," Amandla added.

Hermione frowned slightly, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Why does that matter?"

"Caesar's the golden child, remember? Practically has his mother wrapped around his finger," Amandla said.

Hermione hummed, nodding her head before looking back up at Amandla and smiling, "I'm really glad you're here."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Because if you weren't here I wouldn't be able to kiss and hold you all night long," Hermione innocently said.

"Well then, I'm glad I'm here too."

There was silence for a moment as they just enjoyed each other's company. Amandla fiddled with Hermione's hand as her mind went back to the end of the year; to the funeral. To the day she asked for this girl's help. At the time, she hadn't imagined coming along for protection, seeing as she said nothing about herself. Corey was more urgent, and she knew a spell to protect herself, at least for a little while, from her mother's old spell book. The same book she hadn't seen since Dumbledore took it.

Hermione had been more than willing to help, telling Lupin immediately about how they needed to protect Corey. He never went home, saying goodbye to Luna on the train before being escorted out by some of the Order, brought to the Burrow quickly. Amandla, Cevira, and Caesar followed shortly, only two weeks later. The first being the main pusher as she did want to protect herself while also spending time with the people she called her family. Truthfully, she wasn't sure how long she'd have with them before she and Corey would have to run. The Order wouldn't be able to hide them forever, it just wouldn't be possible.

Amandla closed her eyes, soaking in the current moment more. Hermione had the best greeting for her, taking her first to see where she would sleep with her and Cevira. When alone, locking lips with her as Amandla smiled into her lips.

"I think it's time to go inside now," Hermione broke her thoughts, "Think I heard a yell from inside – they must be here now."

She pouted, "Already? I just want to stay here forever and never go back."

Hermione pecked her lips. "Believe me, if we could I would gladly stay with you. Sadly, that just isn't a reality."

A sigh escaped Amandla's lips as she opened her eyes. "Fine, but I'm not happy about it."

"At least you'll get to see Sirius," Hermione tried to cheer her up, getting up first before helping Amandla to her feet.

"Yeah, yeah."

The two held hands until they could clearly see the glow of the house, letting go and walking inside. Immediately, they were greeted with the yelling of Mrs. Weasley at her children to help her in the kitchen and Amandla let out a small sigh. Back to reality they go. A wretched place where she was forced to remember everything that had happened last year, remember how she hadn't heard from Draco and probably never would again – not at least until the war was over.

She found herself smiling as her eyes found Sirius, who also smiled at the girl. He walked over to her as Hermione meandered herself around everything until she was in the kitchen. "Hello, Amandla. How's your summer been?"

"Good, good," Amandla nodded, "The Burrow's been very nice, so have the people. How have you been?"

"Oh, me? Well, I've been traveling the world. Sometimes fighting or doing stuff for the Order, but mostly traveling," his eyes held the past as he continued, "I always wanted to travel. Never had the time before, always planned on going, but then...well, you know. But now I've been to Argentina and Rome, even Greece."

"I'm happy for you," and she truly meant those words. Mrs. Weasley ushered everyone to the table before the conversation to continue anymore.

But Sirius gave her a wink, a promise that their conversation would continue later.

It was late at night and dinner was finished. She had retreated to the attic earlier than the rest to be alone, not wanting to engage in the usual chatter in the living room that night. Sirius soon followed her up the stairs, going to the attic and looking at her, "You still look so similar to your mother."

"Thanks," she muttered, looking down and wondering if it were true or not. The only picture she had of her mother was after she were born, her father there also, and the one the man before her had shown her years ago. So, she didn't have proof for the statement.

"Same eyes, too. Truthfully, they're a bit lighter than Gwen's, but that look of pain is still the same. I always wondered what pained her the most, and now I'm wondering what's paining you at all," Sirius continued, looking around at the different beds and smiling softly.

And for some reason, it seemed so easy to be open with him, even though he probably knew this fact already. "The Death Eaters are coming after Corey."

He nodded, "So I've heard. The whole reason he was transported here, right? Then the rest of you?"

She hummed in agreeance, but what no one, except Corey knew, was that it was also for her. They were also after her. Because she was a bloodtraitor who stood against them and fought them and saved Sirius Black against Bellatrix Lestrange. Still, it seemed so easy to talk to him, so she stepped forward.

"Not only them, actually. They're coming after me too, I just know it," Amandla admitted, the second (or third, if you counted her cousin) person she had ever told.

"I figured. Especially after that show you put on against Bellatrix. Now, that was humiliating, one of whom they thought their own betraying them. Can't have that, can they?" Sirius looked at her finally, "Does anyone else know about this?"

"Only Corey," she answered quickly, "And I'd like to keep this just between us."

"But the Order could help –"

"For how long?" Amandla stopped him with a question, "Maybe for a little while, but not forever. We'll have to run eventually, and it'll just be better for now if no one else knows."

"What about Cevira? You're just going to leave her without saying a thing? Amandla, she's your best friend, she deserves to know."

"And I'll tell her when the time is right, and that isn't now. She'll just worry her head off and I...I don't to cause that stress on her. Believe me, it's for the better," he didn't seem convinced by her words, "Please?"

"Fine," he sighed, defeated and falling to her wishes, "But for the record, I don't agree with your thought process here."

"Thank you," Amandla smiled at him, her words more sincere than anything she had ever said to him before.

"When do plan on leaving?"

"Sometime after the wedding. It would be better to leave before...but I've never been to a wedding before, so I really want to go," Amandla sheepishly admitted the last part.

"Anything to protect you?"

"Only my wand and instinct."

"What about your mother's spell book? Surely, you still have that," Sirius questioned.

Amandla shook her head, "Dumbledore took it at the beginning of last year. Said it would be good for the Order to have."

There was a slight grimace on his face at the mention of the dead, old Headmaster. She didn't say a thing about it, silently agreeing with him. "Dumbledore never once told any of us about the spell book, but never mind that. Do you remember any spells from it?"

"Some, yes. I've read that book so many times and practiced the spells even more," Amandla said.

"Good...that's good. Gwen was always start like that. Her and Aiden both. It was his before hers, gave it to her after his death," Sirius spoke.

Amandla knew that. Knew that her uncle died and then gave the spell book to her mother, but there was never anything else said. She stepped forward, "How did he die? My uncle?"

"Aiden?" she nodded in confirmation, "I don't know, your mother never said. She only said that a woman named Waverly Hart gave her the news, also giving her the book. Seems like she might be the only person alive who might know."

"Waverly Hart...mum spoke about her before, and the book always mentioned her in little bits and pieces. Know anything about her?" Amandla asked again.

Sadly, Sirius shook his head, "Nothing. Sorry I can't be of more help with that."

"It's alright," Amandla managed, "I just – I don't know much about Uncle Aiden, was hoping to get something more about him."

"Aiden was a kind man. Cold sometimes, always so guarded, but had the best smile. Always friends with Regulus – my brother – they had a lot in common," Sirius told her. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to talk some more with Molly and the others."

Amandla nodded, glad that she had this chance to speak with Sirius, waving at him as he descended now the stairs and out of the attic, leaving her alone again.

For the first time since she had lost the spell book, she wished with all her heart to have it again. Maybe it contained more answers about her uncle, maybe it said something more about where to find Waverly. If only she knew more, if only she weren't being hunted and could truly find Waverly without the fear of being killed or kidnapped once she got there.

Amandla closed her eyes. There was no warmth of the sun this time, no contact with Hermione and no kisses waiting to happen. This time, there was a harsh cold and all these questions swarming in her head without answers.

Amandla Fitzgerald always knew that one thing in her life was certain: if she defied the Death Eaters, her destiny since birth to join them, she would be hunted and killed. And as fate would have it, that was exactly what was happening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 1K 31
❝Can you hear my heart breaking inside my chest? Can you hear my screams? Because I don't think you can, and that scares me even more, because what i...
2.9K 148 8
In which Sebastian, in his search for a cure in the Dark Arts, finds himself 100 years into the future and meets his most trusted companion's descend...
81.9K 4.2K 36
they say home is where the heart is, but god, I love the english. [ harry potter x original character ] [ book one in the american glory faded before...
591K 20.1K 89
❝ you're like a mystery just waiting to be solved. ❞ in which 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐨 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐭𝐭 holds more...