| NINE: BETRAYED AGAIN

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
BETRAYED AGAIN

The thoughts didn't seize. They came back to bite her, to haunt her, and make every waking moment a living hell. It drew her in, those moments of innocence with her parents, the summer holidays she spent in the garden with the Malfoy Manor, and times where she would spend hours playing board games with her best friend and winning because they always played Clue or Monopoly and wasn't hard to beat her.

But those thoughts haunted her. Every dream was a memory she wanted to forget. Every dozing off was a recalling of a simpler time that she just wanted to go back to and enjoy even more than she did when she was younger. That was until it was time.

She saw the way the snow was starting to fall, starting to stick to the ground and become piles. She would sit inside, sitting on that window ceil in her dorm room, watching it with fearful eyes that no one had the answer for because Christmas was coming faster than she wanted until it was there.

It was there and she knew it. She knew not because of the cheer coming from her classmates as they excitedly told their friends their plans for the break or because of the many complaints Corey made about spending time with his family or even because of the mistletoe that was sprinkled around the school because of the Weasley twins trying to set up people they wanted together even though McGonagall made it clear she didn't like that. No, she knew it was there because of that dark feeling in her gut that told her something bad was going to happen.

The plans had been made. She had received one letter from Anastasia, the first letter she had received since her first year, confirming that she was going to spend the start of the break with her aunt and uncle in France. But it wasn't France, it was far from that paradise, it was hell. She was going to hell.

Anastasia didn't know she was sending her adopted daughter to former and renewed Death Eaters. She didn't know that all Amandla wanted to do was beg for the woman not to let her stay with her family. She didn't know anything, so Amandla couldn't say anything.

She boarded the train with her two friends, with every fiber in her body telling her to turn back and stay at Hogwarts, and listened to them quarrel over TV shows, movies, and everything else they were passionate about. She said nothing, hating about what was going to happen once the train ended.

Then it did. The train ended and she received her luggage and made a quick dash to the ladies room before anyone could spot her. She wouldn't run, only cowards did, but she did look at herself in the mirror. She wanted to cry, to scream, to plead for it all to go away and for them to leave her alone. Only, she gulped, splashing water into her face and walking out again to the hidden spot she was going to meet her aunt and uncle.

Of course, they were waiting on her. Draco was there, looking at her with a sad expression, and so were his parents, Lucius holding a stoic look and Narcissa refusing to glance at her.