| SIX: HOG'S HEAD

CHAPTER SIX:HOG'S HEAD

CHAPTER SIX:
HOG'S HEAD

Amandla didn't know why she allowed to be dragged into this. It was incredibly stupid, completely dangerous, and could expose her for everything she meant to keep for so long. It was a bad decision, an utterly horrible, get-yourself-killed-if-the-wrong-people-found-out one, yet she agreed anyways.

And that was to attend the first meeting that would (hopefully) begin with Harry teaching everyone how to protect themselves for the dangers of Death Eaters. Well, not really, it was said to be their new and better Defense Against the Dark Arts class, but everyone knew what it was really for. Only an idiot would disagree.

It was so stupid for her, Amandla Fitzgerald, known as Amandla Stature ever since she was six, to be there, sitting with them and agreeing, being a part of the organization even though it was to protect people from those like her parents and the rest of her family.

And it wasn't because of that. It wasn't because she would indirectly be saying that she would fight the only blood family she had left, although Amandla did feel particularly guilty of the fact that she would one day have to. It was more because if anyone bad, if anyone who wished her to be the crazy loyal fanatic of the Dark Lord knew she a part of it, they would kill her. She, in their eyes, would be a traitor even though she was never a part of the cause in the first place. Her grandparents might have been, but their two children (Gwendolyn and Aiden) were nothing like that, and neither was her father.

But she knew that she had to. Her mother's spell book meant nothing if she never learned how to use the spells. It was nothing on paper, it only mattered if she practiced them and learned other spells her mother didn't include.

Amandla, if anyone else had asked her, might have said no, that she was doing just fine learning the spells on her own, but it was Hermione Granger who asked her. Hermione with her cute face, bushy hair, and innocent look in her eyes. She was mesmerizing, and Amandla knew she couldn't say no to her.

And she tried to convince herself that, with the lessons, she could get closer to the Granger girl, but that was never going to happen. She knew that Hermione would rather cut off her own ear than spend an afternoon with her, and she didn't blame the Granger girl.

Still, she had to say yes when the girl asked, not wanting to see a defeated or disappointed look on her face. And if Draco was still her friend, she would have asked him if he thought it was a good idea, but he still refused to talk to her. She had tried on many accounts to speak to him, but he had ignored her and she had spent many hours waiting in the Room of Secrets for Draco to turn up, which he never did.

She hated it. She hated that he left her when she needed him the most. She hated that she couldn't tell anyone about who she really was in fear or rejection. She hated that the one person who knew the full truth was ignoring her and she couldn't do anything about it. But that was life, she supposed.