| THIRTYFOUR: PROPHECY UNFOLDS

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR.
PROPHECY UNFOLDS

Amandla was awake before everyone else. She went downstairs, leaving the guest room Waverly let her and Corey stay in. In the kitchen, she simply got herself a glass of water before going to the porch in the back that the older woman had shown them the night before. She sat down on one of the chairs and sipped at her water and watched. There was a breeze and trees swayed, the grass wasn't all too green, and she could see the woods behind the house - behind the whole neighborhood.

Her shoulders were tense, adamant on not relaxing in such a time, and Amandla couldn't find the will to calm herself down. Her eyes were calculating and unwavering as she scanned the trees for any sight of human life. For the sight of any Death Eaters that could be after them. That had followed them to this house or were already stationed there. If they knew anything...if they knew Waverly Hart existed, it wasn't that far off that Amandla would come to find her. And that's just what she did.

Nothing moved. Everything was still and she took another sip of her water before bringing her hand down. Amandla blinked and allowed herself, for a moment, to think about Hermione. With everything that had been happening lately, she hadn't allowed herself the time to think of her girlfriend. Girlfriend...really, she wasn't sure what she was to Hermione. If they were dating or not, what the label on them was.

All she knew was that she wanted to be with the girl. She wanted to hold her hand in public without Hermione pulling away and take her on dates to the cinema or just a walk in the park. She wanted to live with Hermione and hold her forever and maybe adopt a cat or some other creature, maybe even a child one day. She wanted to kiss her and be happy with her, marry her one day if that were possible, and just be beside her forever.

Too bad she didn't even know where the girl was. Hermione, Ron, and Harry had fled from the wedding and no one had heard from them since. They were like ghosts were vanished. Of course, Amandla was not dull, she knew that she couldn't contact Hermione. They were hiding and waiting, exactly what Amandla was doing, but still she yearned to know where the girl was. To know she was safe and not dead. To know that their future Amandla had been dreaming of forever what actually happen.

But she couldn't know. She wasn't a Seer and Amandla was sure that it didn't work that way, so she was stuck in the dark about Hermione's whereabouts. Thinking that, she wondered if Hermione thought of her in this way. If she was worrying about her and fretting over if she were alive or not. And she wouldn't know unless they both survived and Hermione confessed this to her.

"Oh, good morning," Waverly's light voice snapped Amandla out of her thoughts. "I didn't know anyone else was awake. If I did, I would've gotten you a cuppa tea."