| FIVE: BAD NEWS

CHAPTER FIVE:BAD NEWS

CHAPTER FIVE:
BAD NEWS

Breakfast at Hufflepuff table wasn't Amandla's favorite experience. It started out nice, when she was naïve enough as a child and everything about Hogwarts was a wonder. But as she grew up, and that naïve part of her died, she realized how gossip-centric her house.

No one would have realized this if they were from another house, the façade of Hufflepuff overpowered the truth. Everyone believed they were too kind to start rumors or have their own drama that wasn't over who would have the last square of fudge.

Despite that, Amandla enjoyed sitting with Cevira near the end of the table (because they always woke up late), far away from Hailey North, who was quite the gossiper. She didn't mean to, everyone knew that, she sometimes just let important information slip from her mouth loudly...at least, that's what she told everyone. But they all knew it was a lie.

Breakfast itself was special to Amandla and Cevira. Anastasia only gave them cereal while Caesar got a full course meal. It wasn't fair, but Amandla liked cereal more than she liked eggs, so it wasn't all too bad. And Hogwarts always outdid itself, only giving the best to its students – thanks to the house elves, who were quite nice and always loved to give snacks to passers in the night.

Corey, though, never ate breakfast with them. He did have friends in Ravenclaw, even though they were never as close as the trio, and made a deal with them that he would always have breakfast with them, switch out who he ate with at lunch every week, and dinners with his two great Hufflepuff friends.

Amandla and Cevira never minded the agreement, sometimes it was nice for it to be just them and no one else. They did have girl talks every now and again, but their topics were always varying.

"Arithmancy is killing me," Cevira stressed, groaning at the thought of taking another quiz in that class. "I don't know why I let my mother sign me up for it."

Amandla laughed, "Because she wants to be to just like Caesar. But don't worry, Divination isn't much better."

"Well of course it isn't!" Cevira said loudly, but loud enough to attract attention from the other equally loud housemates. "You got that crazy lady teaching you!"

"Professor Trelawney isn't all that bad," the Fitzgerald girl defended, "She just...doesn't understand that some of us aren't Seers and don't enjoy learning the Mystic Arts."

"Then why are in the class?" Cevira sarcastically asked the girl, taking another bite of her bacon.

"Sounds easier than any other course," Amandla replied sweetly, "I mean, Study of Ancient Runes sounds like torture."