| THREE: STAR WARS

CHAPTER THREE:STAR WARS

CHAPTER THREE:
STAR WARS

"What do you mean 'they know'?" Amandla snapped. Her worst fear – even above the ones who killed her parents – was the truth being told. It scared her to think that she would be with Draco, watching people kill, causing their deaths, when she was nothing like that.

         Of course she knew what it meant. Amandla knew that they would find out one day, that her web of lies would crumble and she would be left with the ashes, but not that soon. It was the beginning of a school year, and she would already have to live every moment in fear – in more fear.

         She just knew when she stepped on the train that morning that something would go wrong. She convinced herself it was Umbridge – the Ministry – and that nothing else could happen for the first week, but she was so terribly wrong.

         And then there was Draco. Filled with guilt and having all the weight on his shoulders of knowing more than he let on, staring at her with pity and disgust for himself. She had so many problems already, and he was only giving her more. He knew he should have waited to say anything, he knew he should have given her a week of bliss before ruining it, but she would hate him more for keeping the secret for so long.

         But he wouldn't tell her everything, she already had enough.

         "The letter – our minds," Draco stuttered, reaching out for her, "We can't guard our minds."

         Amandla shook her head. She didn't want to believe anything that was happening – she wanted to believe it was just a silly prank that he was pulling, but it wasn't.

         "Why not? I've been hidden for so long, he never knew!" Amandla sighed, "What happened now?"

         She wished it was easier. That there was an easy solution to all her problems, but there wasn't. There never was when Death Eaters were involved, and that just so happened to be her whole life.

         Amandla looked at Draco, the boy she had known all her life. The one who always had a sneer or a smirk on his face, pride of his family masking everything else. The boy who loved his parents with all his heart, until he came of age to leave for Hogwarts.

         She remembered when they were younger – the week before they would be sorted into a house at Hogwarts, before their first year. Draco seemed so weak, so small, as he admitted something so large to her.

         "I don't want to be a Slytherin," the young Draco had spoken, shocking her greatly, "Father wants me to be a snake, but I'd rather be a Hufflepuff. Nymphie's a Hufflepuff, and she said it was amazing. I want to be just like her."