Unlikely Heroes

By JadeInkwell

Part 1 of the Analysis Quirk AU. Shinso and Midoriya met under unfortunate circumstances, but become fast fri... More

Meeting
Neighbours
A new classmate - and a possible discovery
Analysis
Aizawa's boys
A day at Yuuei
The unexpected Christmas!
From the shadows
Not so scared
Cooking Mama
Dark flames
Under the Protection of Heroes
Preparing To Be Heroes
The first day of training.
A new stage of Analysis
Meeting hero support
An Inspired Costume
Deja vu
Preparing for Yuuei
All right, All Might!
The New Barer.
To show the world
You Forgot!!!
Hero course and General Ed
Welcome to Yuuei
Hero basic training -gone wrong
New Friends
Yuuei Break-in
Trip to the U.S.J
Villains arrive.
Split apart - Location Advantage!
The Villain, Nomu!
Meeting again - heroes arrive
The heroic son of a villain
Todoroki opens up
Acceptance
Todoroki Miyuki
The sports festival
Cavalry round
The final stage
The top Three and days off.
A new student in 1-A - Hero names
Gran Torino
Hosu Attack
Stain and the Yuuei Students
Brainstorm - The young hero
The Story of One for All
Meeting Todoroki-san
The Final exam team work!

Getting to the top

6.4K 306 119
By JadeInkwell

Izuku went of his notes on Kirishima mentally, he knew he could take him out with several well aimed punches. His quirk allowed him to harden his skin, but there was a limit to how much damage it could take.  Izuku was going to use that against him, with One for All, he had increased speed and strength. He could deliver a blow before backing up to avoid Kirishima getting in a hit. He smiled, pretty pleased with his plan.

"Midoriya!" Uraraka and Iida came over. 

"Oh, hi guys." He smiled

"Got a plan?" Iida asked

"Of course, I know how to him my opponent hard." Izuku said

"Like you did with Bakugo in the cavalry round, that was brilliant!" Uraraka giggled.

"It did feel good getting him back from when we were younger." Izuku nodded.

"From when you were younger?" Iida repeated.

"Bakugo and I were childhood friends... until his quirk manifested. He became a jerk, and when people believed I was quirkless, he took joy of making sure I knew how useless and worthless I was to the world." Izuku bowed his head, the rest of his class looked at him, luckily for him, Bakugo had gone somewhere. "Then, when Toshichan became my friend and moved to my school, he also became a target. Bakugo literally burnt him at one point that he had to go to the hospital to get it checked out. But, Bakugo's quirk was flashy, ours wasn't, no one cared how he treated us, all the way up into middle school. This is the first place that has ever tried to do something about him."

"wow, we knew he was a jerk, but not that big of a jerk." Kaminari frowned.

"Like I've mentioned before, people have been feeding his ego since his quirk appeared. So, it isn't entirely his fault." Izuku said, before shaking his head. "Well, I should go and wait for my next match." He left his class watching after him.

"Am I the only one worried about how Bakugo still treats Midoriya as if he was quirkless..." Uraraka muttered, but the concerned looks of the whole class spoke volumes on how they felt.

"THE FIRST MATCH OF THE SECOND ROUND. A MATCH BETWEEN TWO CLASS 1-A STUDENTS. MIDORIYA IZUKU VS KIRISHIMA EIJIRO!" Yamada called out, they stood facing each other. "START!" Before Kirishima could act, Izuku ran at him. Izuku's fist connected with the hardened skin of Kirishima's stomach. The force caused both of them to be blown back. Izuku dodged around Kirishima, punching as hard as he could in the weaker areas, he kept a close eye on Kirishima's quirk condition. Once he saw the hardening dispersing, he delivered a final blow, Kirishima grunted as Izuku's connected with his stomach. Before Izuku picked him up and threw him from the field. "MIDORIYA IZUKU WINS!" Izuku jogged over to Kirishima and helped him up.

"You okay?" He asked

"Yeah, man... Great punch. Glad I got to fight you." Kirishima gripped his hand. "You better win the next round too, Midoriya." He grinned. The two of them re-joined their class mates to watched the next three matches. Todoroki won against Iida just using his ice. Hitoshi won against Asui, by grabbing her tongue when she aimed it at him. he threw her out of the ring.  And, as expected, Bakugo won his match against Tokoyami.

"I better get ready for the third round." Izuku smiled, his class wished him luck as he headed down to the waiting room. He was in deep thought, wondering how Todoroki was going to fight. He had only used his ice so far, so Izuku assumed his was still worried about his fire quirk. 

"Hey!" A voice said, Izuku stopped and looked up to see Endeavour. Izuku just looked at him for a moment, analysing the 2nd hero. before frowning.

"I can see why Todoroki doesn't want to be like you." Izuku muttered out loud. Despite being a good hero, that was the only redeeming factor about the man before him.

"What did you say?" Endeavour growled.

"Never mind, I have a habit of muttering my thoughts out loud. Anyway, what do you want? I have a match to get ready for." Izuku said

"My son has a duty to surpass All Might..." Endeavour began.

"Let me guess, you forced that duty upon him?" Izuku folded his arms. "Todoroki should be able to become his own hero without your stupid and some what insulting ideals. For the record, Endeavour, I know what you are like. He's told me." Endeavour glared down at the boy. Izuku walked around him. "Todoroki is your son, but he is not you. Maybe you should start realising that." Endeavour watched the boy go with an angered look.

~~~~~~

Todoroki was somewhat surprised at Izuku's expression as they stood across from each other. 

"BOTH OF THESE TWO HAVE RECIEVED TOP MARKS IN THE SPORTS FESTIVAL SO FAR, BUT THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE WINNER. IT'S TODOROKI VS MIDORIYA!" Yamada cheered.

"Only by going full out will you win against me" Izuku told him loudly. "Come at me with everything you have!" Todoroki smirked and attacked with his ice. Izuku activated One for All and jumped. Ice covered the field, Izuku grinned, time to recreated a moment. Like he did at the U.S.J, Izuku flicked his fingers with his quirk activated. The blast up rooted the ice, he landed and grinned at Todoroki. Soon, it became a battle of Todoroki using his ice and Izuku destroying it.

"THESE TWO ARE AMAZING QUIRK POWERHOUSES, BOTH ON AN EQUAL LEVEL!" Yamada called out.

"Why don't you use your fire!" Izuku yelled, causing Todoroki to stop. He didn't know how to reply. "I've told you, you'r power isn't your dad's its yours! It is more then his every will be! It's your power! SO USE IT!" Izuku told him, Todoroki looked at him. "YOU DECIDE WHO YOU WANT TO BECOME!" His eyes widened, as his thougths gathered, his left side erupted into flames. Izuku stepped back and smiled, he got through to him. Thank goodness... The two of them grinned widely at each other. Todoroki attacked with his fire and ice, Izuku went to attack with a punch. But there was a huge blast. Izuku was hit by some rumble of the field and the blast of the attack. He was thrown back.

~~~~~~

Todoroki stood as the dust cleared, his eyes widened as he saw Midoriya against the wall, badly beat, pieces of th field lay around him.

"TODOROKI WINS!" Yamada called, before anyone could say anything else, Todoroki raced towards Izuku.

"Midoriya!" He said, checking on him. He had been hit on the head pretty hard and was unconscious. He frowned. "You idiot..." He muttered. He followed the people taking Izuku to Recovery girl, then he saw his father.

"so, you're not going to tell me to get out of your way this time." Endeavour said, Todoroki stopped. "Without control over your flames, going all out is dangerous. But, you've finally put aside our childish rebellion. You're ready to replace me, surpass me, even!" He held out his hand. "Work at my side after you graduate! I will guid you down the path to supremacy!"

"I haven't put anything aside. As if I could be turned that easily." Todoroki told him. "In the moment... in that instant... I forgot all about you. If I will be working with anyone afer I graduate... it will be Midoriya."

"That boy, but he is beneath you!" Endeavour growled.

"He is my equal. In a sense, I guess he is my own hero." Todoroki walked around his father and went to check on Midoriya. Endeavour glared after him, that boy!!!

~~~~~~

"So, you okay with using you fire now?" Izuku asked, he and Todoroki were heading to their class stand so they could watch the match between Hitoshi and Bakgo.

"Yes, thank you, for reminding me." Todoroki smiled. "I guess I will be fighting Shinso or Bakugo..."

"Oh, it will be Toshichan." Izuku said confidently. "Let's hurry, because I need to watch this."  They took their seats just as Yamada announced the two of them. Izuku couldn't contain his grin as he watched them.

~~~~~~

"START!" Yamada yelled

"You know, I am surprised you made it this far. I thought you may have blown yourself up that Izuchan has basically beat you in everything until this point." Hitoshi told Bakugo, that lit his rage.

"BASTARD!" Bakugo roared, then fell silent. Izuku began laughing, his class watch the match in amazement. 

"You know what would be really nice Bakugo? If you could go and walk out of bounds." Hitoshi smiled, the explosive class member obeyed. Walking across the line, only then did Hitoshi release the effect of his quirk. Bakugo stood their in stunned silence... he just lost... Izuku was laughing, Todoroki patted his back, but most of Class 1-A were also laughing.

"Oh, he better be moved to our class!" Uraraka grinned.

"His quirk is really powerful. Just, don't beat him up to badly." Izuku told Todoroki.

"I won't, don't worry." Todoroki promised.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450 49 12
Midoriya and Todoroki are similar in the sense that neither of them had real "friends" growing up. Midoriya was an easy target for bullies, being Qui...
166K 7.1K 23
Izuku Midoriya and Hitoshi Shinsou are two boys aiming to be heroes. At least, they used to. Izuku always wanted to be a hero. But being quirkless, h...
1K 27 12
When All Might offers Izuku the privilege and burden of taking on the quirk One for All, he says no. Izuku has already decided that he is going to be...
15K 495 17
Just a normal love story of how two strangers met then fell in love. [ 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙙 ] ⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎ ✍︎ I do not own any of the characters of my hero a...