Not your Average Cinderella✔️

By princesstreatment

Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a... More

Authors Note
Character list
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34

2

4.4K 98 5
By princesstreatment

"Oww," I groaned when Cece jumped on top of me. I opened my eyes. She straddled my waist shaking me. I smacked her arm. I looked over at my alarm clock. "Cecilia, it's three am. What do you want?"

"We have to get ready to leave for the airport."

I pushed her off of me and onto the floor. She yelped. My bedroom door opened and Austin walked in. he leaned against my dresser. "Whatcha doing on the floor, baby?" he chuckled.

"Just help me up," she growled. He walked over to her and pulled her to her feet. She crossed her arms across her chest. "We're not friends anymore," she grumbled.

I rolled my eyes. "I love you too," i said as Austin walked her out of my room. I sat up. I put my head in my hands. I didn't get a wink of sleep. All night, I couldn't shake this feeling that something bad was going to happen.

I stood up and walked into my closet. I changed into a pair of sweats and a hoodie. I grabbed my suitcase and walked downstairs. I grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl. I jumped up onto the island as i ate it. "You ready to go baby?" asked Carlson as he and Beth walked downstairs with their suitcases. I nodded. He grabbed my suitcase. "I'll bring this out to the car." he walked out of the house with the three of our suitcases.

Beth walked over to me. I jumped down from the island and wrapped my arms around her. "I really wish i could be compelled to go to sleep."

"Is everything alright?"

"I just have a really bad feeling." she rubbed my arm.

"Baby, we're gonna keep you safe, nothing is gonna happen."

"I know you will," i said. I pulled away from her. She gently grabbed my face. I sighed. "Beth, i can't shake this feeling that something bad is going to happen."

She looked at me like i was on to something. "Tell me about it."

"I don't know," i whispered. "It's like intuition or something. I can't explain it."

"Okay, we'll leave after the introduction of the royal family."

"Really?"

She nodded. "I trust your intuition and it's better to be safe than sorry."

"Thank you," i whispered. She kissed my forehead.

"Go out to the car, i'll get you some melatonin to help you sleep." I nodded. I walked outside to the car. I got into the back with Austin and Cece. Beth came back out and handed me two pills. "Here baby."

"Thank you." I took them from her. I grabbed a water bottle and swallowed the pills. We drove to the airport. We made our way through security and onto the plane. Cece, Austin, and i sat next to each other.

I yawned. "You okay?" asked Austin. I shrugged. "Come here." he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I laid against his chest. He kissed the top of my head. I forced myself to fall asleep. When i woke up, Cece was asleep with her head on Austin's lap. "You feel better?"

"A little bit." i stretched and took off my hoodie. "How much longer are we gonna be in the air?"

"Seven more hours." i groaned. He chuckled. "Wanna watch movies?" i nodded. He selected a movie and gave me one of the earbuds. We watched movies for the rest of the flight. When we landed, we got a car to take us to our hotel.

I plopped down on my bed. "Alexa sweetie, go get ready okay?" said Beth. i nodded. I grabbed my dress and makeup walking into the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and slipped into my dress. I did my hair and makeup before walking back out to the room. Beth and Carlson were already dressed. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," i smiled.

Carlson opened his suitcase and pulled out a necklace box. "This is for you," Carlson said, handing me the box that had a white-collar covered in fake rhinestones and diamonds. I raised my eyebrow. "I'm sorry baby, it's the rule."

"So I have to wear a dog collar?"

"Humans have to be claimed. The old school vampires won't understand your relationship to us. You aren't mated to any of us and we don't use you as food so they have to think-"

"That I'm a sex slave?"

He sighed. I turned around and moved my hair out of the way. He clipped the necklace around my neck. "You know we don't think of you like that and if we had a choice, we wouldn't make you wear it." he turned me around. "Just for one night okay?"

"I understand."

"I have a gift for you," sang Cece as she and Austin walked into the room from their adjoining room. "These are for you." she handed me a shoebox.

I opened it. I smiled at the pair of glass heels. "Are you trying to make me into Cinderella?"

"It's our favorite movie," she said. "Of course I'm trying to make you into Cinderella." i sat down on the bed as i put them on. She clapped her hands. "Ooo they're perfect," she squealed.

"Cece, get dressed," Beth said. "We need to leave soon." She nodded. Austin grabbed his suit and her dress as he followed her into their room. Beth sat down beside me. "Don't hate me but we do have some rules for tonight." i nodded, knowing they wanted to keep me safe. "You have to stay with one of us at all times. Don't talk to any vampires, they won't like a human talking to them. And the most important thing is, stay away from the royals. I don't know if they will interact with the guests but if they do, you have to stay away from them."

"I understand."

She touched my cheek. "You'll be okay."

"You don't know that."

"We will protect you just like we always do," said Carlson.

I grabbed his hand. "I know you'll try but you can't guarantee anything."

He kissed my knuckles. "We promised your parents that we'd always protect you, we don't plan on breaking that promise anytime soon."

i touched the locket necklace that i've worn since i was a baby. It had a picture of my parents on their wedding day inside. "I love you guys."

"We love you too baby," Beth said kissing the side of my head.

Cece and Austin walked back in. Cece raised her eyebrow. "Did we miss something?"

"Just talking," Carlson said. "Let's go, our limo is here."

"Limo? We got a limo?" squealed Cece. "oh my god, this is the best day ever."

"What about when you met me?" asked Austin.

"Fine, second best day." she leaned up and kissed his cheek. He smiled. "Okay, let's get into the limo." she grabbed Austin's hand and pulled him out of the room. I stood up along with Beth. Carlson grabbed mine and Beth's hands as we went downstairs and outside where there was a limo waiting for us.

Carlson stopped me by the front door. "The driver is a vampire, keep your head down." i nodded. We walked over to the limo. I did as i was told and kept my head down as i got into the limo.

We were dropped off at a secluded and beautiful palace. There were thousands of other vampires entering the palace along with us. Austin wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to his side as we entered the ballroom. I stiffened when he kissed my neck where a mark would be. "Relax Lex, if they think you are mine it'll be easier to keep people away from you."

"Okay," i whispered.

He held me close to him as we made our way further into the ballroom. Austin passed me off to Carlson. "Dance with me," Austin said as he grabbed Cece and pulled her into his arms swaying them side to side.

Carlson wrapped his arms around me resting his chin on top of my head. "You can dance with Beth if you want," i told him.

He kissed the top of my head. "I will later but someone needs to be with you to mask the scent of your blood." i nodded. Austin and Cece danced for a few minutes. Austin spun her around and brought her in for a kiss before they stopped dancing. Carlson kissed my cheek. "Stay close to Austin."

"I know."

Carlson passed me off to Austin who wrapped his arm around my waist. "I need to talk to some guys on our council," Carlson told Beth. "then we can dance." she smiled and nodded. He walked away.

"I need a drink," said Cece.

"Me too," said Beth. "Stay with Austin."

I rolled my eyes. "I know." she kissed my cheek before she and Cece walked away. I put my hand on Austin's chest. "Do you think Cece will mind if i ask you to dance?"

He smiled. "No of course not." he wrapped his arms around my waist. I put one hand on his shoulder while the other continued resting on his chest. He sway us side to side along to the music. "Do you feel any better?"

I nodded. "I think so. I know you all will keep me safe no matter what."

"Hello beautiful," said Ted. Austin's grip on my waist tightened as he moved me behind him. I gripped his suit jacket and his hand. "How about you let me get a taste?"

"Back off," growled Austin.

"Don't you know the rules little boy?" chuckled Ted letting his eyes rake my body. "She isn't mated to you or any of you meaning anyone can have a taste. So will you come with me willing or do I have to involve the guards?"

Beth and Cece made their way over to us. Cece put her hand on Austin's shoulder. Austin bared his fangs at Ted as his eyes darkened. "I have no problem ripping your throat out."

"I'm older than you meaning i'm stronger."

"I just have to fight you off long enough to get Alexa out of here."

Ted smirked. The two of them took a step towards each other. "Bow before your royal family," announced one of the royal guards.

"We'll do this later," said Ted. he smirked at me before walking off.

"Find Carlson, we're leaving after their introductions," said Beth. Austin nodded and walked away from us.

The three of us bowed our heads as the royals came into view on the balcony. "Queen Josephine and King Florian." the queen was a beautiful woman with a powerful aura surrounding her. She had on a long red jeweled ballgown and her silky brown hair in a bun. The king was equally as handsome but didn't have as powerful of aura as the queen did. He had on a suit with a red suit jacket.

"Prince Nathanial and princess Abigail." the prince looked like his father with a younger face wearing an all black suit with a red button up. The princess was a young girl, around the age of seven, wearing a long red high low dress with little red flowers adorning the top of the dress. The four of them sat down on their thrones overlooking the ballroom.

"Crowned Prince Sebastian." i couldn't help but bring my eyes up to look at him. He took my breath away. He was tall, muscular in all the right places, perfectly styled hair underneath his crown, and piercing brown eyes.

He walked over to the railing looking down at the crowd. He inhaled deeply. He looked amongst the crowd until his eyes locked with mine. My eyes widened at the intense look in his eyes. "Îngenunchea (kneel)," commanded the prince from the balcony. I could feel the pull of his command but his compulsion had no control over me. Beth and Cece grabbed my wrists as they dropped to their knees. I kneeled down beside them. "Trimite (submit)." all the vampires bared their necks to him. He jumped down from the balcony.

He started making his way over to us. "Alexa, he's coming for you," said Beth. "use the command."

"eliberarea din constrângere (release from the compulsion)," i yelled. Everyone was disoriented as they were released from the prince's compulsion.

Cece and Beth both stood up. Beth pushed me into Cece's arms baring her teeth at the prince. The prince growled baring his teeth at her. The guards started making their way to us. "Cece what are you DOING?" i screamed as she grabbed my hips and threw me across the room.

I landed in Austin's arms. "Hold tight," he ordered. I wrapped my arms tight around him and closed my eyes. He ran us out and away from the palace. A loud horrifying roar erupted from the palace.
***********************************************************************************************
Josephine's dress

Abigail's dress

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

336 11 4
(Weekly updates) This is a dark romance novel. Contains mature themes. Suitable for mature audience. In the small town of Corsica, seventeen-year-old...
128K 6.7K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...
267K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...