The Players BestFriend

By ShaynaRWheeler

" I can't believe you cheated on me!" I yelled, causing more people to stare. "You should have seen it comi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors note
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Authors Note
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Authors Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Go Follow My Twitter Account!
I need your help!!
Hey Guys!
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

Chapter 19

13.3K 390 52
By ShaynaRWheeler

Ezra was pounding Austen's face in. His right eye was black and swollen shut. Austen was trying to fight back, but he was too weak. I noticed blood dripping down from Ezra's mouth. I guess Austen got to punch him a few times. I was about to try and stop the horrible fight but Mr. Jimmy got to it before I did.

"Austen and Ezra!! Stop fighting right this instant! Get up and go to the principle's office!" Mr. Jimmy exclaimed, turning red from anger.

Ezra and Austen reluctantly got up and started walking towards the office, huffing and puffing. Austen looked my way and smirked. This made Ezra pissed. He grabbed Austen by the hair and threw him to the ground. Mr. Jimmy tried to stop them but Ezra was too powerful. Mr. Jimmy fell on the ground. Ezra was kicking Austen so hard, blood came out of his mouth. Someone really needs to stop this before Austen ends up in the emergency room.

Reading my mind, Cody rushes over there and shoves Ezra off of Austen. Ezra rushes towards the office and Austen just trails behind. Man, What an eventful morning. I wonder what they were fighting about....

~*~

"But Brooklyn!" I whined, pouting.

"No buts Missy! You are going to buy a new outfit for your date and that's final!" Brooklyn argued.

She has been trying to convince me to buy a new outfit for my date with Ezra tonight. I didn't see a reason why. I mean, I don't even know where we're going!

"Whatever. I don't even no where the date is or what we're doing. He didn't give me any information." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

We walked into the cafeteria, and me, being the picky person I am, decided to just wait until I got home to eat. The school's lunches are disgusting. Today, we're having what I'm guessing is a burrito with chili on top but I can't really tell. One time, I got a glass of sweet tea and found a freaking tooth in a piece of ice! It was so disgusting. What makes it worse is, I didn't even notice the tooth until I already chewed on the ice. Let's just say, I was sick the rest of the day.  

"Hey Kylie?" Brooklyn stated, taking a bite of her delicious burrito. Note the sarcasm. 

"Yeah?"

"Your bae is walking over here."

"My 'bae'?" I asked, discombobulated.

"You know... your boyfriend... catch up!" she said, rolling her eyes.

I looked around the room, "I don't have a boyfriend......"

I came eye to eye with the gorgeous boy I've grown to like. We kept eye contact for what seemed like ages before Cody cleared his throat.

"Uh...Guys.... There is more than just you two at this table." He said, annoyed. Ezra came and sat right next to me.

I snapped my head away from Ezra and tried my best to seem interested in what Brooklyn was saying. It was very difficult with Ezra staring. I looked his way but instantly regretted it. He smirked and put his hand on my knee. I flinched and shoved his hand off.

"C'mon. You know you like it." He whispered in my ear, causing me to shiver.

I could feel my face start to catch on fire. I Iooked down and brushed my bangs behind my ear.

Ezra chuckled. I looked up at him and he was just smiling.

"You ready for our date tonight?"

"Well I have no idea what to wear, where we're going, or what time I need to be ready."

"Wear something dressy. I'm not telling you where we're going. It's a surprise." He smirked. "and I will pick you up at seven sharp."

"Alright then." I smiled.

I gotta admit, I'm a little nervous for this 'Surprise Date' tonight.

"Oh I almost forgot." He said, reaching beside him. "I brought the interviews and your clothes from last night."

"Oh. Okay. Thanks." I replied, reaching over and grabbing the papers and bag.

I noticed a small note on the top of the first interview. I didn't want to read it right now because I really need to talk with my friends before they get pissed.

"Hey Kylie, do you think you can get ready by yourself tonight? I need to finish our project. I'm a little late writing the essay. Mr. Jimmy said he's taking off five points for every day it's late so I need to hurry up and get it done." Brooklyn rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her tea.

"Uh yeah. I guess. Ezra, if I look like a witch, it's Brooklyn's fault. I'm horrible at hair and makeup." I said, turning towards Ezra.

He smiled. "You're beautiful no matter what. You don't need your hair and makeup done."

Of course, I blushed like crazy. Brooklyn just started smiling like an idiot.

"Thanks."

He grinned, "No problem."

A few minutes later, the bell rang, indicating that it's time for sixth period. I grabbed the papers and my bag and rushed off to class. I like to get to class early so I can get the best seat. My teacher, Ms. Jane, didn't give us assigned seats. Everyone fights over the front row. Well by everyone, I mean all of the guys. Ms. Jane is what you would call pretty. She has platinum blonde straight hair down to her hips. She has baby blue eyes and perfect white teeth. Oh and let's not forget she's the coach for our softball team and the choreographer for our cheer leading squad. She's been out of college for about two years so she's only twenty four. Ms. Jane is single and all of the guys always drool over her. All of the girls try to sit in the back so they can get away from the lovestruck boys; Hence the reason I try to get to class early.

I walked through the old, rusted door and started cheering inside my head. Yes! I'm the first one here!! When I sat down, I turned to page 153 of my Advanced Algebra text book as written on the white board at the front of the room. She wants us to do problem number five for our bellwork. I scanned the problem and realized it's fairly simple. All I have to do is divide both sides by four and then take the square root of the result. I finished the problem in like two seconds and went to put it in the black basket on her desk. When I reached her desk, someone shoved me out of the way.

"What the crap? I was here first!" I shouted, looking up at the rude person. The one and only Britney was twisting her hair around her scrony little finger, smirking at me.

"Does it look like I care?" She asked, giving me the death glare.

"Honestly, I don't know what you look like. You kind of resemble a gorilla." I smirked.

"You look like an elephants butt." She insulted, stepping closer to me.

"Get away from me, Britney." I stated, gritting my teeth.

"Move your crap out of my seat, Kylie."

"That's not your seat. It doesn't have your name on it."

She just walked over there and shoved my stuff off of the desk and sat down. I scowled and walked over to her. I shoved her out of the desk and sat down. I picked up my stuff on the floor beside my seat. She gasped and just walked over to the seat near the window.

I smiled gloriously and began my assignment for today.

~*~

"Bye Ezra! See you tonight." I yelled across the student parking lot.

Brooklyn, Cody, and I jumped in my truck. I turned the radio on and "Ain't it Fun" by Paramore came on. We all looked at each other and then started belting out the lyrics. When the song ended, we all busted out laughing.

"We are so weird." Cody laughed.

"Yes, yes we are." I giggled.

We pulled up to their house and their parents were standing outside.

"What are they doing?" Brooklyn asked, confused.

"Let's go find out." Cody said, hopping out of my truck with Brooklyn right behind him.

I didn't want to intrude so I just left. I'll ask her about it later. Right now, I need to go buy my outfit for the date tonight and then write our essay for this stupid project.

When I arrived at the mall, a group of kids from my school were standing in a circle in front of the automatic glass doors. Trying to ignore them, I just walked right past them. Luckily, they didn't seem to notice me. When I walked in, I was overwhelmed. There are so many different stores in here! How am I supposed to find an outfit without Brooklyn's help?!? My mom would have helped me. Realizing I'm starting to grow into a young adult without my mom is really hard on me. I miss her so much. I wish she was here to help me through these tough high school years.

I walked into the last girls clothing store in the mall and I could tell I was going to find my outfit here. There are so many different varieties of clothes as well as shoes. I needed to find a dressy outfit. I ran off to a rack full of sparkly mini skirts and shirts. I found a ocean blue sparkly mini skirt and was immediately drawn to it. Now, I just needed to find a shirt and a pair of shoes to go with it.

It took me about twenty minutes, but I finally found my dazzling outfit. I bought the amazing mini skirt, a dark blue strapless top with a sweetheart neckline, and a pair of black sparkly flats with a bow on top. I gotta say, I done pretty good without Brooklyn's help. Now, I don't know how I'm gonna do on my makeup and hair.

As soon as I got home, I started working on my essay. I read the note at the top of the first interview and it was so sweet. Of course, It was from Ezra. It was talking about how beautiful I am and how lucky he is to be taking me on a date. Even though he wasn't here, which I'm very glad of, I was blushing like a maniac. If anyone's lucky, it's me. Ezra is totally different from Austen. He wasn't at first, but once I got to know him, I realized that you really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

(A/N Thanks for reading my book! I want to give a special thanks to @Shakeila2000 for being the first to comment on my book! Please keep reading and don't forget to vote! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 61 41
Meet Avril. Two years after her parents' death and she's still struggling with her emotions towards them. When Dallas shows up at her school, Avril...
1.3M 17.6K 50
*****In the past four years of high school there hasn't been a thing that I havent competed for with Dean Purvis, my best friend. Ninety nine point n...
6.7K 534 38
By the second date they were moving in together, a disaster they didn't expect awaited them She was a rich naïve sheltered girl, joining college was...
949K 33.8K 30
Catalina and Diego never got over each other after high school, but years later they meet by chance, and multi-millionaire Diego sweeps her off of he...