Anthony's Angel ✓

By QuinnCatcher

"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side." More

Dangerous Men Series Information
Introducing Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
Anthony's Angel
0. Book 1: Anthony's Angel and the Italian Husband
I. My Prince Smile
II. Separation
III. illegal Flirting
IV. Triplets
V. Merciless
VI. Endurance
VII. Wine and Dine
Role of a Big Sister (Part I)
Role of a Big Sister (Part II)
IX. Sealing the Deal with a Kiss
X. Contract of Marriage
XI. Be Aggressive
XII. Seducing an Angel
XIII. Jellyfish
XIV. Fxxx Me
XV. Panties Wetter
XVI. First Night
XVII. The Wedding Part I
XVIII. The Wedding Part II
XIX. The Realization
XX. Minnie Mouse
XXI. The Trap
XXII. The Italian Mafia
XXIII. Clean Slate
XXIV. Alexander Kuznetsov
XXV. Pretty Little Thing
XXVI. Submissive Woman
XXVII. Punish You
XXVIII. The Big Apple
XXIX. Sugar Daddy
XXX. How Far
XXXI. Massive Tent
XXXII. Intelligent Responses
XXXIII. Don't Break
XXXIV. Influential Families
XXXV. Nasty Note
XXXVI. His Smile is Contagious
XXXVII. This is Not Real
XXXVIII. Mouth of a Seducer
XXXIV. A Little Saucy
XL. The Bully
XLI. Fake it till You Make it
XLII. Gold Digger
XLIII. No Tears
XLIV. Ocean Rich
XLV. Bite Me
XLVI. Nostalgia
XLVII. Good Stalking Habits
XLVIII. Broccoli
XLIX. Elaborate for Me
L. Crybaby
LI. Foreplay
LII. My Husband
LIII. Someone Like Him
LIV. A Sense of Familiarity
author's note
Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
0. Book 2: Anthony's Angel and the Cosa Nostra
I. Against all Odds
II. I'm but a Child
III. Memories of Me
IV. Happily Ever After
V. Mrs.Maranzano
VI. Owie. Owie. Go Away
VII. I'm Miserable
VIII. A Storm
IX. Stefano De Luca
X. Husband's Acceptance
XI. Hating the Rival
XII. Raw Sushi
XIII. Disappointment
XIV. That Brat
author's note

VIII. Devil's Proposal

12.3K 618 100
By QuinnCatcher

With much agitation, I grab my purse and jacket, racing out of the employee room. I can hear my heels echoing as in the frightening silent hallway. Which reminds me, why am I still wearing these heels?

Reaching the restaurant, my eyes scanned for Mr.Rayland.

Found him.

My feet rushed towards him. "My older sister is in the hospital. I need to leave right now. I'm so sorry," I said quickly and ran out before he even had a chance to respond.

Dashing towards the elevator, I felt a hand pulling me back. "Where are you going?"

"Sister. Hospital," I manage to huff out, attempting to pry off his hand.

He held onto my wrist with no thoughts of releasing me. "Let go of me, Anthony!"

Great, I made out with a crazy attractive man.

"Let me take you," he said with no room for any disobedience.

Tangling his rough hand in mine, he drags me towards the elevator. I usually don't take rides from someone I just met a few hours ago, but I'm desperate. I need a quick ride to the hospital. Worst-case scenario, I'm found dead and naked in the middle of the forest.

Standing inside, I listen to the torturing soft music in the background. My eyes glued to the changing number, foot-tapping uncontrollably as I started biting my nails, choking myself with it.

I can feel the warmth spreading from the root of my fingers, but ignore the fact that I'm holding hands with a stranger - no, a customer - wait, an acquaintance?

I stood there half concerned about Lily and half debating over my status with the desirable man of the year next to me.

When the door slides open, Anthony tugs me out. Attempting to walk quickly in my brutal heels, I twisted my ankle and fell. Inhaling a shaky breath, I took a sniff, swallowing the lump forming in my parched throat, regretting I hadn't eaten more food earlier. Without a second thought, Anthony scooped me up and carried me out.

Upon reaching the exit, a hurdle of twenty perhaps thirty men surrounds us, creating a path and bowing down. My eyes scanned the surroundings, but my mind was empty.

I had only one person in my mind.

My sister.

I don't know how, but we got into a car, and I was sitting in Anthony's lap, gazing out at the street. We would pass one light after another. One of my hands tangled with his while the other held his silky suit.

I can feel his burning gaze locked on me with an indescribable look.

Once we came to a stop, I flung the car door open and hopped out in my bare aching feet, dashing towards the hospital.

The very familiar hospital.

"Hello, how may I help you," the front desk lady asked.

"I'm looking for Lily Minnie," I said in a rushy tone.

"And you are?"

"I'm her sister, Angelica Chisai," I replied quickly.

"I need some form of ID," she said.

My hands ran through my body to search for my ID, but I remembered I left it in the car. "Is there any way I can show it later?"

A frown planted itself on her face, and she gave me a look that I'd been quite accustomed to the past year. "Sorry, I need an ID."

"Here," a deep voice behind me said, and I saw my ID being passed to the lady.

Turning around, I saw Anthony holding my purse. He handed it to me, and I gave him my thanks.

"Room 546," she said, handing back my ID. I replied with a thank you and ran towards the elevator. Taking a peek behind me, Anthony was standing there, looking at me with what I can only identify as concern.

I jumped into the elevator, again, waiting for the brutal changing numbers. Once reaching the fifth floor, I saw several girls being questioned by the police.

Why are there so many girls here?

When I reached Lily's room, two cops approached me. One of them was blonde, and the other had dark hair, both chocolate brown eyes. They were good-looking, but Anthony looked better.

No, you have no room in your life for a relationship.

Plus, a good-looking man like him isn't the type who gets into a committed relationship.

"Miss Chisai?" the blonde guy said.

"Yes. That's me," I replied, glancing inside the room, but I couldn't see anything since it was dark.

"Can you follow us, please?" the other one said.

I nod hesitantly and follow them to one of the corners of the hospital.

"Miss Chisai, I believe that you are roommates with Miss Minnie and her younger brother, correct?" the dark-haired guy questioned.

I nod, "Yes."

"And you are under her emergency contact."

I gave them another nod, "That is correct."

"We are here to inform you that nothing bad happened, but there was a fight occurring at Teasers, and it seems that Miss Minnie got sucked into it. We already question her, and everything is clear."

"Oh, that's grea - wait, Teasers? Isn't that a strip club?"

They glanced at each other, "Yes, that's correct."

"No, you two must be wrong, Lily works at a hotel as a maid," I corrected them.

One of them scratched their neck while the other gave me a look of concern. "Thank you," I replied.

My hands halted at the doorknob. I hoped that what I was thinking wasn't true.

I open the door and switch on the light. Glancing down, her swollen red eyes were avoiding mine. She was sitting on the floor, arms wrapped around her legs, fatigue engraved on her worn-out face. I closed the door and slid down on the cold tile floor next to her.

"Please tell me it isn't true." 

Tears continued racing down her red cheeks, her mouth opened a few times, but nothing came out, not a single sound.

"Why? Why did you lie to me?" I said as the water swelled up in my eyes.

"I had to," she said, barely in an audible tone.

I turned towards her, hands on her shoulder, forcing her to face me. "No, you don't."

"Yes, I have to Ann. The bills are piling up, even with the insurance and our parent's savings. It's not enough to feed six mouths. We need the money."

"I'll pick up extra shifts. We can cut bac-"

"Ann, don't you understand? We are already cutting back, but it's still not enough. We are low."

"We are that low on funds? How come you never told me?"

She bit her inner cheek as her hands shook, "Because I'm the big sister. I'm supposed to take care of all of you." As Lily cried, her bottom lip quivered, eyes became a deep brown shade, no longer did the beautiful green glisten. The tears flow down without a pause.

I wrapped my arms around her, hand patting her back. "I'm sorry for never noticing."

Covering her mouth with her hands, she attempted to hold back her sorrow but couldn't as it erupted like an active volcano. I couldn't hear anything except her miserable sobs.

Be strong, Angelica. Lily is breaking down. She is at her tipping point. You have to be strong for her. For our brothers. Do not spill any more tears. You are wasting your energy.

I lay in bed next to Lily, patting her head gently. Hearing slight snores, I got off the extremely uncomfortable hospital bed and tucked her in. Tucking a wet strand of hair behind her ear, I mentally curse myself for never noticing.

With each step, my soles made contact with the chilly floor. Rubbing my aching chest, I shut the door.

When I looked away from the brown door, I saw a figure standing in front of me. Leaning on the counter, he had both hands in his pockets, electric eyes gazing at me - hungrily.

"Why are you still here?" I manage to say despite the soreness in my throat.

"I want to make sure everything is okay," he replied.

I nodded and took a seat in one of the chairs. He puckered his lips and took a seat next to me, stretching out his long legs.

"Seems like a rough night," he said, lifting one leg over the other.

"How much did you hear?" I whisper.

"Everything," he replied honestly.

I extended my legs and clasped my hands together, eyes lost on the light peachy wall. We sat there in deafening silence, listening to the typing keyboards along with workers muttering about other patients.

Beside me, I can feel the heat radiating off his body. Each time our shoulders meet, the heat erupts into a broiling fire. It was both delightful and disturbing.

"Do you want a job?" He said, breaking the quietness.

Turning my head towards him. "I have a job."

"A better job."

"Why would you offer me a job?"

He shrugs, "Maybe I want to be more than acquaintances now."

I release a short snort, "I think we pass that line when you attempt to choke me with your tongue earlier."

He released a heartwarming chuckle and licked his dry lips. "I don't want to have that kind of relationship with you."

The way he chuckles made me wonder how he sounded when he laughed. Would it be equally profound?

"Really? Because I remember you asking me to go to your hotel room." I tried to calm down my racing heart.

He shrugs once more, hands running through his no longer clean hair. "What can I say? The heat of the moment."

He glanced at me, a sly smirk on his face. "A very breathtaking moment."

"What is the job you're offering?" I said, changing the subject.

"Your job is simple really, just stay by my side."

I lifted a brow, "That sounds like a really sketchy job. You need to tell me more."

He sniffed and leaned forward, elbows on knees. "Well, I would like it if you cook, but if you can't, that's fine. Perhaps clean around the house, if you choose to. I want you to greet me when I get home. I want you to tie my ties every morning. Some things like that."

"I need more information."

"Let's see." He inhales a deep breath, standing up, pacing back and forth in front of me. "There are benefits to this job."

"Which are?"

"I'll pay you, obviously. You get medical, dental, and all other insurance. I will provide you with a car or two if you need them. I will also provide a place to stay. Bonus such as gifts will definitely be provided during holidays and birthdays." He looked at me, a single side of his lips tilted upward in a suggestive manner.

I stood up and shook my head, "Okay, hold up. This job is getting sketchier and sketchier. I'm not stupid, now answer me honestly. Are you recruiting young girls into believing they can get a good job so you can kidnap them and sell them as sex slaves? I'm not into that," I said, taking a step back.

Covering his mouth, he releases a snort as if he is trying to hold back a laugh and shakes his head. "No. None of that."

I narrowed my eyes and folded my arms, quite vexed that I still didn't understand what he was talking about. "Then tell me the actual job."

Electric eyes connected with me, legs gradually pacing towards my direction like a predator deprived of food. Feeling lost, I took several steps back as he continued closing the distance. My blood boils at his greedy eyes. It felt like he was tearing off the fabric covering my body, without physically doing it.

Hitting a cool door, I realize I can no longer run. He wrapped his muscular arm around my waist, trapping me. Taking one more tiny step, his sturdy chest hit my face. Licking my lips, my eyes travel upward, inhaling his toxic scent of fresh cucumber with a dash of vanilla.

"I want you to be my wife."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 286 34
"You can't love me, I'm a criminal" "That's exactly why I love you"
6.1K 206 22
"Walk like an angel, smile like an angel, talk like an angel but I got wise~ you are the devil in disguise"
11.9K 108 18
"I wanted you to leave the gang. Because of it you are in danger. And why you still here, conmigo?" He said softly on my ear. "Just because some dest...
788 3 22
You're on your own......till he claims you that is.