Things I Hate About Warriors...

By moominshrooms

Most of the earlier chapters in this book do not fit my current beliefs. The revised versions fit better, tho... More

Portraying Mental Illnesses
Grammar and Spelling
Representation of Lgbt+
Unrealistic Names
Writing Canon Characters
Unrealistic Clans
The Portrayal Of Villains
Main Character Always Becomes Leader
Rogues and... what??
Love Triangles +
I Hate You, I Love You..
Forbidden Relationships
Glorifying Powers
Pedophilia
Gender Roles
Smut
ShadowClan is evil!!!1!
Villains With Bad Pasts
Prophecies
Love At First Sight
Bias
Bullying
Permanent Queens? Who?
"You want to be a medicine cat?"
Small Things That Annoy Me
Punishments
Oblivious.
Female Protagonists Personalities
Loves Heals Illness
"Everything is wrong and I'm the only one who knows"
ThunderClan, ThunderClan.
Disabled Cats + Ableism
BloodClan fics
Shipping Ocs With Canon Characters
Insane characters
Short Stories
Representation of Lgbt+ Ⅱ
Unrealistic Names Ⅱ
Grammar and spelling Ⅱ
Writing Styles
Writing Canon Characters II
The Problem With FanClans
Smut II
Short Stories II
Dumb Character Syndrome
Types of fanfics
Mental Illness ll part 1
You're Writing Shy Characters Wrong
Homophobia in Fics
You aesthetic fuckers
Fucking Moonmoon
Leader's Revelation
Rape Isn't Sexy
AsexualiTEA
Let's Talk About Suicide
Small Things That Annoy Me II
Y'all Need To Behave
Mental illness II
The End

Cannibalism

2.5K 81 120
By moominshrooms

A while back, the Warriors fandom went through a phase of writing about cannibals. This phase was probably the result of an influential fandom member writing about cannibalism, which many followed suit. In fact, even I've written about it, in brief. In my case, the cannibalism is a symptom of an illness.

The majority of it was about murderer-cannibals, and it was glorified. It was seen as cool, and the person who started the whole thing did support cannibalism, and stated she would do it herself if it were legal. (Cannibalism, not murder.)

I don't want to slam this user, who isn't around anymore, but frankly, this is horrible. There are so many moral issues surrounding cannibalism. Why would you eat another human being? It's physically repulsive.

In fanfictions, it was treated like a cool thing, and let me tell you, that's not at all okay. I spend quite a lot of time in the True Crime Community on Tumblr, because the psychology behind it all fascinates me, but I've seen plenty of people lust after these serial killers/cannibals and condone what they do. It really is disgusting.

Cannibalism is not beautiful. It is not cool. It is disgusting. Morally wrong. Absolutely and utterly horrible.

Seriously, you guys. You're writing characters comparable to people like Albert Fish (killed and ate multiple children, said something along the lines of "I like children. They're tasty.) or Jeffrey Dahmer (we all know what he's done. But even then, y'all are writing about characters worse than this guy. He was disgusted in himself. Repulsed by even his own actions. Yet some of your characters just kill and eat for shits and giggles.) This isn't okay. Cannibalism is bad. Portray it as such. It is a negative thing. At least give a reason, usually a psychological issue like abuse, paraphilia, etc, and then follow it up. The cannibal gets treatment and some form of imprisonment. Maybe exiled, maybe executed.

There's nothing wrong with writing about cannibalism if you want to explore the psychological reasoning behind it. If you want to highlight it as a bad thing, then please, do that! But the moment you write about cannibalism as if it is remotely acceptable, that's when you are glamorising this issue.

So many of you are super against pedophilia, but accepting of cannibalism and the likes. That isn't at all okay. They're heavily intertwined, as cannibalism usually stems from paraphilia, which pedophilia fits under. The double standards aren't right, and we can't glorify and romanticise cannibalism as much as we can't with pedophilia.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21 0 10
Sunfeather has a dream that her Clan is in danger. Can she and Mudstripe save their home, or will ThunderClan be torn apart? Erin Hunter owns Warrior...
499 29 7
A collection of Warriors one-shots I wrote. Some are extremely silly, others deep. If it's for a Wattpad contest I'll tag the person running the cont...
152 7 7
~ Based on the New York Times Best Selling Series by Erin Hunter ~ Hailkit dreams of growing into a warrior worthy of protecting her clan and her kin...
520 40 21
The series of Warriors is by Erin Hunter.