Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

由 lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... 更多

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 106」

393 17 15
由 lazilazuli

"I can't believe you're pregnant with Kim Taehyung's baby. You're going to be the best parents ever."

"I know, right!" Sumin was beaming like never before. "I can't believe it either," she took her hands to her stomach and caressed it ever so gently. "But I'm excited for this journey." Both Sumin and her little follower were sitting out on the steps of the university, talking about her expectancy. Ever since yesterday, she's been getting more than enough attention.

"What do you think it'll look like? You or him?"

"As long as it's healthy, then I don't care what it looks like. Though, if it were a boy, maybe I do want it to look more like Taehyung."

The girl chuckled. "And if it were a girl, she'd have her mother's pretty features."

Sumin smile was never-ending. "You're making me--"

"Choi Sumin!"

At the roar of her name, Sumin and her friend looked over and spotted Kim Taehyung marching over to them. As he neared them, it was plain to see that he really wasn't in the best of moods.

When he arrived before them, he reached out and snatched her up by her wrist; jerking and dragging her away from the step. "Let's go."

"Yah! What do you think you're doing?" the girl shouted. "You should be more gentle with the mother of your child!"

"Shut it!" he barked. Anger wasn't enough to describe the look on his face. Fury was in his eyes and hostility was right by his side. Taehyung then turned back to Sumin. "Come." And with one rough tug, Sumin nearly tripped as she was dragged off to a secluded area of the building.

"O-oppa, what's wrong? Why are you--"

"Just when I think everything is going well between me and Jiyeong, you show up with this shit. Just what is your problem? Why can't you leave me alone?"

Sumin chortled. "I thought you'd be just as happy as I was to find out that we were going to have a child toge--"

"There's no way. There is no damn way that you're carrying my child!" he barked.

Sumin sized Taehyung up and down before scoffing at him. "And just what makes you think that there's no way? It hasn't been that long since we slept together."

"You mean since you took advantage of me when I was drunk, you little bitch!"

"Is this how you're going to talk to me when our child is born? You're already setting bad examples. You should fix that."

"I refuse to believe that it was me who got you this way. There had to be someone else. Someone else before or right after me!"

"But there wasn't," she bluntly revealed.

The knot in Taehyung's throat was near impossible to swallow. Anxiety was continuously pricking at his heart, nonstop. "I don't believe you. I want a DNA test, now."

"How the hell am I supposed to give you a DNA test right now? I'm only 3 months and a few weeks into this pregnancy."

"I want you to do the Prenatal paternity test."

As the words fell off his tongue, the smirk on Sumin's lips fell. Her eyes grew wide, and her chest rose as if to say something. "W-wait a second. You can't be serious, right?" But the hard look on Taehyung's face never let up. "Are you kidding me? Do you not know the risks of me doing that? Why can't you just wait until it's born--"

"I can't wait! All because of your spiteful actions, Jiyeong might--We..." Just thinking about the outcome of this made his anxiousness return. "In any case, I need to find out really soon.

Sumin's jaw started to clench really hard. "Why? So you can have your little happy ending with Jiyeong?" she sneered. "I'm not doing it, and you can't make me!"

"You're going to take this test, whether you want to or not," he threatened. The enraged look in his eyes was enough to make her shudder with fear. "I'll pay for the test and everything, so just do this. It's important that I find out." And with nothing more to say, Taehyung took turned himself around and started walking away.

"So you're really going to risk something happening to this baby, because of your stupid relationship with Jiyeong? Are you kidding me? You're unbelievable!" Sumin was shaking with anger.

"Make sure you let me know the day that I have to go and give in my sample." It was all he said, before leaving Sumin to stand with her own frustrations. No, he didn't want to risk the life of an unborn child, but this was something he just couldn't wait for.

As he walked back to the front of the school, he saw you and Minji walking down the steps and towards the gates. "Jiyeong!" he called out for you. He started jogging up to you, grateful that you stopped for him.

"I just finished talking to Sumin. She's going to take a paternity test so we can quickly find out who the father is."

You looked at him with creased brows. Knowing that it was a risky procedure for the baby, you had to wonder if the mother would be okay with it herself. "Did she really agree to something like that?"

"Not at first," he shook his head. "But I managed to persuade her."

"You persuaded her? What about the baby?"

"Ah, the baby. I'm--I'm not sure..." his lips tucked into a line.

You couldn't lie. You, yourself, wanted to know the DNA results as soon as possible, but it was hard to think about when the thought of an unborn child's life was at risk in the process. Not knowing how to feel, you just turned your back on Taehyung and left with Minji.

"Are you okay?" Minji asked.

"Minji-ah," you could hear the tremble in your voice, "I've never been so furious in my entire life." As the tears fell, you quickly wiped them away. "I just hope my fears won't come true."

Sumin's appointment with the doctor wasn't until the following week. Until then, Taehyung went through the rest of the week with a heavy and fearful heart. Then, when the day came to do the test, the doctor reassured Taehyung that there was a non-invasive paternity test that Sumin could take, without harming the baby. But even with that reassurance, and giving in his DNA sample, the fear only worsened with time. Every passing minute was like torture.

As for you, you refused to talk or acknowledge Taehyung until those results came in. He wasn't the only one who was anxious about those results. Almost every night, you would shed tears, thinking about this entire situation; whether or not he could be the father of Sumin's child. Every passing second was nerve-wracking.

It was Friday night, and Jungkook had invited himself over to keep you company and try to make you feel better as best he could. Almost every day he had come over to your house, but each time, ended up a failure. When not even your beloved vanilla ice cream could cheer you up, he knew you had a real problem.

"Jiyeong, do you want some honey chips?"

"No."

"How about I bring you some ice cream?"

"No."

"Is there anything that I can do to cheer you up?" He put a hand on the top of your head and began stroking your hair. "Put a smile on your face? I don't like it when you're sad."

"You can tell me that Taehyung isn't going to be the father of that wretched woman's child." You hugged your knees closer to your chest, while continuing to pout and sink in your sadness.

Jungkook just sighed. "Jiye--"

Before he could finish speaking, your phone buzzed you a message. When you looked over, you found a message from Taehyung, telling you that he has the results. You stared at the message for a couple seconds more, before taking a shaky deep breath.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked.

"The results...He has them," you said, before releasing your legs and standing up. "I'm going." You grabbed your keys from the coffee table and walked towards the door to grab yourself a sweater.

"I'll come with you." Jungkook hopped off the couch and followed you to the door. As you walk out, he turned off the lights and closed the door behind him. "Jiyeong, wait up!"

The bus ride to Taehyung's house was a silent an anxious one. What did those results say? Was he the father? Or wasn't he? Before you rang the doorbell, it was all you ever thought about."

"You okay?" Jungkook asked.

"No," you shook your head.

"Oh, what are you guys doing here?"

A familiar voice made you and Jungkook turn around. It was Jimin and Minji. The two of them were hand in hand, looking up at the two of you.

"The results," Jungkook said. "You?"

"Just passing through to get to Minji's house. It's not too far from here, actually."

Just then, the door opened. "Jiyeong...Hi." Taehyung then looked over to see Jungkook standing right behind you, as if he were your shadow. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to keep her company. Problem?"

"Jungkook," you called him, but never took your eyes away from Taehyung, "will you wait out here for me? I'll be in and out really quickly." There was tension set in your eyes.

He looked down at you before huffing through his nose. "Sure, I'll wait."

Taehyung pulled the door open wider for you to come in, then closed it as soon as you entered. When you took off your shoes and entered his living room, he approached and walked past you, to take up the folded piece of paper that was sitting on the couch.

"Here," his hands were shaky as he handed over the paper to you.

Even your hands had a little tremble in them when you took it from him. While you unfolded the paper, your breath started to quicken. This was it. This was what you were waiting for. This single piece of paper that nearly caused your hair to fall out during the wait.

But in the silence, Taehyung had neither the stomach not heart to look you in your eyes. He wasn't brave enough. He wasn't ballsy enough to look you in the face when you read the results on that piece of paper.

All of a sudden, tears pricked at your socket. A knife carrying a poisonous venom, deemed to be heartbreak, stabbed you in the heart once more. "Are you kidding me?" you breathed. One teardrop, then two, then four came sliding down your cheeks and onto the piece of paper. "You're really the father of Sumin's unborn child?" your voice cracked, as you looked up to him.

"Ji--Ah..." Taehyung didn't even bother. His voice was completely claimed by the huge knot in his throat. It seemed like endless tears and an infinite heartbreak was all he could ever give to you, and there wasn't a damned thing that could be said to fix the shattered heart before him.

Tears just kept running down your face like an endless waterfall. Scorn was slowly becoming a visible expression on your face. "Is this for real?!" You then shoved him, making him stumble back some.

No answer. Only tears that he quickly wiped away at for more scolding.

--"Did you hear that?" Jungkook looked back and forth between the two of his friends.

"No," Jimin shook his head.

He leaned up off the side of Taehyung's house and ran up to the door, busting inside.

"We should go see if everything's okay," Minji said, pulling Jimin along.--

"Jiyeong?" Jungkook walked in on the scene, with Minji and Jimin following behind. It was in the way Taehyung stood with his hands held in front of him, and the tears that rolled down his cheek, that they could tell the situation was not good at all.

"Why are you crying?! You don't get to feel hurt in this kind of situation! After everything...Everything!" You flung the paper to the ground. "You're not the one who gets to cry!" You slapped your chest as your painstaking voice carried throughout the entire house. "It's me!" Silence followed right behind you. Not one person dared to speak up after you.

"Why did you have to sleep with her? Why?!" Pain was etched from your chest all the way to the middle of your throat. "Answer me!" You stepped forward to shove him once more. Taehyung stumbled back again, yet no one dared to move to stop you. Who would dare to stand in the path of a raging woman who had her heart broken more than once by the same bastard?

"Are you deaf? Or could it be that you've run out of lies and excuses to tell me!" you turned back behind you, taking a few steps over to the coffee table to grab the vase that sat on it.

"Jiyeong!" Jungkook sprung into action and dashed towards you. Those 3 steps you took towards Taehyung were the last ones you took before being pulled up from the ground and into his strong arms.

"Jeon Jungkook, put me down!" you clawed and pinched at his forearm, kicking around violently, all so that he would release you. "He deserves it! After everything this bastard's put me through, he deserves to die! And only by my hands!"

"Somebody come and take it from her!" he shouted.

Though he was a bit scared to move in, Jimin took on the role of going and retrieving the vase from your clutches. But just as he went to take it, it was suddenly thrown. "Watch out!" he shouted.

Fortunately, Taehyung was quick enough to jump back and evade the vase, and let it shatter to pieces before his feet.

"All I've ever done was love you! So how could you do something so cruel?" you slapped and sunk your nails deep into Jungkook some more while screaming your heart out. "Was a kiss really worth knocking somebody up over?!"

The knot in your throat became more unbearable by the second. "You son of a--" Until finally, halfway through your struggling, you broke down completely. "Why did you have to sleep with her?" You just couldn't stop them, the hot tears that ran down your face. At this point, your face was a red and puffy mess. Not only tears, but snot was also running down and out of your nose effortlessly.

Now, instead of screams, Taehyung's house was filled with sorrowful cries. "You promised me no more pain," you hiccuped. You clutched onto yourself, hunching over from the increasing ache. No matter how hard your pressed your hand into your chest, there was just no subsiding the pain. As you collapsed to your knees, Jungkook hunched over with you. Every shake and tremble that you made was felt in his arms. "I hate you." Your voice was barely audible, but because of the silence, everyone heard.

All the while, there was still silence on Taehyung's side. But nevertheless, he was at a point where it became unbelievably difficult to swallow. Your cries had become the single most unbearable thing in his heart. Holding back his voice for your sake, he had tears silently streaming down his face. But whenever he felt it come up, he dug his teeth into his bottom lip to force the pain of his heart from being emitted.

"Jiyeong, let's go," Jungkook whispered, trying to get you to stand. He then pulled you up to your feet once more, only to be suddenly latched onto. You hiccuped beside his ear.

"I'm such an idiot," you whispered.

Though what you meant didn't hit him until a couple second later, Jungkook felt tears of his own coming on; but he held them back to be strong for you, who was way weaker at the moment. "Come on, let's get you out of here." Jungkook and you, followed by the rest, walked out of Taehyung's house.

When the door shut back, Taehyung looked around himself, and at the shattered pieces of glass scattered across his floor. He continued to bite his lips, but all he had held back until now, had finally been unleashed. He had barely reached the couched when the numbness reached his legs. Holding his head within in his trembling palms, Taehyung echoed agonizing cries throughout his entire house.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

1.3K 158 21
So you are saying you haven't even seen his face yet but you still feel in love.... Yes... You are crazy... Come on... You have to help me out wit...
767K 35.2K 49
"Just because you're my girlfriend now, it doesn't mean that I'll treat you like a princess." ... A cliché love story between a bad boy and a nerd...
29.8K 1.4K 56
Taehyung ignored Jungkook's shirtless posture, the way his muscles were bending to the moves of his hands, the way the sweat was dripping off his mes...
1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...