My Mate's Betrayal

By stanakatic1995

When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went thro... More

Announcement
Prologue
Chapter 1- New life
Chapter- 2 The Royal Letter
Chapter- 3 Party n Past
Chapter - 4 The special training
Chapter- 5 The Mystery Guy (Part 1)
Chapter- 6 Mystery Continues (Part-2)
Chapter- 7 Sweet surprise!?
Chapter- 8 Stupid James
Chapter- 9 Storytime
Chapter- 10 Revelations
Chapter 11- Broken Beauty
Chapter- 12 Blue Eyes
Chapter- 13 Perfect facade
Chapter- 14 To Face The Devil
Chapter- 15 Longing
Chapter- 16 The Confrontation
Chapter- 17 Lost friend
Chapter-18 Old Habits Die Hard
Chapter- 19 Trouble In Paradise
Chapter- 20 Home
Chapter-21 A Mother's Dilemma
Chapter- 22 Decisions
Chapter- 23 Calm Before The Storm
Chapter- 24 Take Bull By Horns
Chapter- 25 Beautiful Enigma
Chapter- 26 Intuition
Chapter- 27 Bring It On
Chapter- 28 How Did This Happen?
Chapter 29 Is This Real?
Chapter- 30 Awake
Chapter- 31 Dread
Chapter- 32 Acceptance
Chapter- 33 His Intensions
Chapter 34 - Being In Love
Chapter- 36 Clues
Chapter - 37 Brother
Chapter - 38 Dominic
Chapter- 39 The talk
Chapter - 40 Surprise
Chapter- 41 A Happy Day
Chapter- 42 Caught Unaware
Chapter-43 Reunion
Chapter- 44 The Last Battle
Chapter- 45 Life Goes On
Betrayal

Chapter- 35 A Good Start & A Mate

2.4K 90 13
By stanakatic1995

Alkira's pov-

I woke up with a smile on my face and hope in my heart.

I was for once hopeful about the future. Whenever I had thought about the future only one thing occupied my mind.

Revenge

For killing my people.

For breaking my heart.

For destroying innocent lives.

But today for the first time in what seems forever I see more.

I feel more.

It was all because of Keith.

This newfound happiness is my dream.

I was envisioning my future self doing something other than taking revenge.

And it felt good.

With new buds of love seeded deep in my heart, I welcome the day with open arms...

He took me for a walk just before sunrise. We talked and had breakfast near the lake. He had prepared little club sandwiches along with fresh juice and fruits. We ate sitting on the blanket under the tree and watched as the sun rose in the sky.

I saw as the colors changed and along with that something changed in me too. There was always this agitation in me that never left but today I was at peace.

It was perfect and I loved it.

After that Keith went in search of his beta saying that something came up. I asked if he wanted me to come along. He smiled and thanked me but slightly shook his head. He said that I already have lots to do but if he needed me he will find me.

I nodded and went to my office to deal with the paperwork. I was happy we had our time together and if he needed then he will come for my help.

It was due to my good start of the day that when I received this information I felt less worried and reacted more calmly. I was done with the paperwork already and was contemplating visiting the human rogue but now this problem needed my attention.

I stood up and looked at the good doctor.

"Dr. Simmons I will come right away with you to see him. Lead the way."

He nodded and started walking. My third in command was getting out of control. After his mate died giving birth to their daughter Lily, Blake went berserk.

His wolf took over and ran away from the hospital with his dead mate's body in his arm Leaving his newborn child in the care of the hospital. Later we found out that he had buried her body under the willow tree, where they had met for the first time.

He stayed there in his wolf for a full week besides her grave before I was able to drag him to the hospital to see his daughter. He put up one hell of a fight. His relinquishing full control to his wolf helped his agenda but I was his superior and had the upper hand.

I let him fight me so that he can let go of all the bottled emotions he had kept hidden in his heart. In the end, I had to use my alpha command on him when he went for my neck. I knew he thought that if he attacked me with intent to kill I would be left with no option except to kill him for breaking the law, but how could I?

His senses were haywire. All he wanted at that time was to die so that he could be reunited with his mate. But I couldn't let that happen. I know living without a mate is like living in hell. But he has to try...For his daughter.

I made special medicines for him to keep his wolf suppressed. He had to make a connection with his daughter to find that will to live.

But his wolf was posing serious problems.

He was torn between his heart which was saying to accept his daughter and his wolf who told him to leave her because he was not able to take care of her. He was a mess and she could do better without him.

Now his wolf was locked up in his mind and was only allowed to come out once a day...So that both can accept the circumstances. That child needed the love of his parents. She lost his mother due to uncontrollable circumstances but she was not going to lose his father too. Before going to the meeting I had checked on him and he was doing well.

His human self has accepted his daughter and even his wolf was warming up to his little girl, feeling in control that they both together can take care of their child. Both of them were making baby steps in the right direction.

But today when the doctor went to give him medicine he suddenly snapped. He jumped on him and attacked. After an hour of effort, they were finally able to drug him and now he was asleep.

I had to do something and soon. Because if this went on for too long I might lose my gamma and a friend. We stopped at the door and I turned to the doctor who was waiting patiently for my instructions.

"Doctor, I will take care of him. I need you to check up on the human rogue as after this I will meet him."

"Okay, Kira".

I went inside and closed the door. There in the middle of the room was Blake sleeping peacefully. But as I neared I saw that even in drugged-induced sleep his features were anything but peaceful.

I stretched my hand and lightly started stroking his forehead.

My wolf stirred and urged me to close my eyes. I don't know at what she was getting to but did as she asked.

Slowly I felt my hand getting warm and after a few seconds my whole being was consumed with it. With my eyes closed I felt the sensations in my fingertips. My wolf was urging me to concentrate and reach out to his wolf. To tell him with my mind what I wanted to.

So I did.

I told him to hang in there for his daughter. His wife would never want him to lose control and leave Lily (their daughter). She would want him to take care of her, give her the love of both parents, and make her proud.

The warmth was there but slowly subsiding. I opened my eyes and saw that Blake was smiling.

I released a breath I didn't even know was holding.

"What did I just do to him?" I asked my wolf.

'You did well. His wolf was slowly losing control and you helped him. And right now that smile you are seeing on his face is because he is talking to his mate."

"What! I mean how!"

'Well, you are a healer sweet heart and healing body is not your only talent. I am capable of talking to the souls that left this world. I knew that he needed one last time to talk to his mate. And since she is dead I could arrange that but only once and this felt like the best time to do that.'

"Wow, thank you, Sira."

'No big deal, this is our pack and I take care of what is mine. But girl, because this is your first time it is going to drain you more than me so you will be feeling a little exhausted.'

'Take rest. We will deal with the human rogue in the evening.'

"Okay. Thank god you explained this to me beforehand this time."

I said stressing the last words because she never tells me anything before doing it.

I waited for her saucy comeback but she only graced me with her haughty laugh.

Sighing I got up and left the room with one last glance at the happy face of Blake... I felt happy for him.

Xavier's pov-

It was past midnight and still, I had not found him. I needed to head back to our territory because my time was almost up and I have to report to Kira in the morning.

Kira had given me specific instructions to look into the matter that concerned the human rogue and I have got the information.

I couldn't believe how he could do that. How can one be so mad with power that they would go to this extreme?

My wolf growled and I cursed. No matter what we will protect her. I have this urge to protect her all the time. Sometimes to me, it feels irrational.

For a while, I thought maybe she is my mate but this speculation was proved wrong the day when we came to know about her mate.

When I saw her fall to the ground something snapped in me. Seeing her like that threw my mind in a whirl and I acted without thinking. I did some stupid things and felt awful and confused afterward. But when it was over, I reached my room and thought about it.

Some things became clear.

The first was that she is not my mate. I thought very hard and talked with my wolf. He didn't feel any, not even slight attraction to her.

What we felt was the immense urge to protect her that I had thought of as infatuation.

I felt relieved that finally, some confusion was over.

But one question remains unanswered. Why did I even feel such a strong need to protect her? I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost missed it.

My wolf was on edge for some reason since I started this journey. But right now he was whimpering. And I feel my control slipping slightly.

I strained my ears and listened. It was silent... an eerie silence. My nose picked up a faint scent...Blood and something that seems quite familiar but new too.

Automatically my feet turned in the direction where my nose was taking me. As I kept walking the scent got stronger and my wolf became more restless.

Finally, I came to a clearing and stopped. It was a full moon and I had no problem seeing the forest. My eyes soaked in the beautiful view that bathed in the moonlight but came to a stop in the middle of it.

Moonlight reflected on the surface of the puddle and gave it a red hue as it shined.

Blood.

And near the puddle laid a very still body of a wolf. Something snapped in me just as I cried out.

Mate!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 241 47
Have you ever just look up to the sky and ask the Moon Goddess "Why?" I have. I do it every single night for the past four years. I don't know if I...
1.1M 37.8K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
102K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...