Sad Song (Lauren/You)

By Maclue

"I'm tired of feeling alone Lauren. " Y/N pulled her hips close to his hearing his favorite little gasp that... More

A/N
~Prologue~
Part 1- Superheroes
Ch. 1 ~A Sky Full of Stars~
Ch. 2 ~The Edge of Tonight~
Ch. 3 ~One Of Those Nights~
Ch. 4 ~Middle of the Night~
Ch. 6 ~Passing Time~
Ch. 7 ~Hanging by a Moment~
Ch. 8 ~Standing in the Dark~
Ch. 9 ~Rock Bottom~
Ch. 10 ~Real Friends~
Ch. 11 ~Invisible~
Ch. 12 ~Flicker~
Part 2 - Hope and Despair
Ch. 13 ~Angel~
Ch. 14 ~Night Changes~
Ch. 15 ~Wake Me Up~
Ch. 16 ~Fix You~
Ch. 17 ~Love Drunk~
Ch. 18 ~Believer~
A/N
Update on the Update
Ch. 19 ~Nervous~
Ch. 20 ~Youth~
Ch. 21 ~Ghost of You~
A/N
Ch. 22 ~No Filter~
Part 3 - Purpose
Ch. 23 ~Complicated~
Ch. 24 ~Young & Relentless~
Ch. 25 ~Good Life~
Ch. 26 ~Heavy~
Ch. 27 ~Bad Liar~
Ch. 28 ~New Man~
Ch. 29 ~Two Ghosts~
Ch. 30 ~Demons~
Ch. 31 ~Always~
Ch. 32 ~So Close~
Ch. 33 ~Sad Song~
Epilogue
New story
Special Epilogue
I'm back!
New Fifth Harmony book?

Ch. 5 ~Stargazing~

1.5K 47 3
By Maclue

Beautiful. That's the only word Y/N could describe the woman in front of him. He doesn't know why but the green bright eyes in front of him reminded him of the forest he ran as a child.

Feels like home, Y/N thought.

"Hi. "

Y/N watch as the young woman shyly stare at him with a tint of redness at her pale cheek.

"Hey. " Y/N mumble back unaware of his arms that is still wrapped around the green eyed beauty.

Silence engulfs them both but Y/N didn't mind and he thinks the beauty in front of him doesn't mind either.

"How was your day? " Green eyes duck her head shyly at the intensity of Y/N's gaze.

Y/N was momentarily surprise but he hid it with a smile.

"It was...fine, yours? "

The woman stare at Y/N unblinkingly, and for the first time Y/N felt nervous in her stare. It felt like being studied in front of hundreds of people.

"Are you sure? " The huskiness in her voice made Y/N discreetly shiver.

"Nothing I can't handle. "

No matter how much Y/N craves the attention and concern the woman is giving him it felt wrong making her worried.

The green eyed beauty nodded as her eyes stayed rooted on Y/N. The softness of the woman's waist almost made Y/N squeeze and caress them testing if their as soft as the clouds.

"You didn't answer my question, " Y/N said softly. "How was your day? "

Y/N felt soft fingers playing with the baby hairs in the back of his neck which almost made him close his eyes in contentment.

"A little bad but other than that it was fine. " The woman said smiling.

A comfortable silence falls on them both. Nobody wanted to even breathe, too scared that even one loud noise will destroy their bubble of safety and warmth.

Y/N gaze wonder all over the woman in his arms. To her beautiful and alluring green eyes, to her thick eyebrows and rosy pale cheeks, then to her soft looking lips.

Is it as soft as it looks? Y/N wonders.

A loud rumbling of an engine broke Y/N out of his trance. From the side of his eye he saw a person driving a motorcycle and passing the park with great speed.

Y/N turn his gaze back to the green eyed beauty who looks a little daze.

"Are you alright? "

The green eyed beauty nodded and smile, "Perfectly perfect. "

Y/N smile before his eyes caught a huge bag that looks to explode over the woman's shoulder.

"What's in the bag? "

The redness in the woman's cheek never fails to make Y/N smile.

"Um...since last time you uh...got hungry I just thought...you know I should come prepared. "

The feeling that surge through Y/N body was something he thought was lost. The feeling of being cared over for. The feeling of being thought in someone's mind.

The feeling of . . . loved? Y/N laugh at the thought. He literally just met the woman yesterday and now his thinking of being loved by a stranger.

"God, how desperate am I? "

The feeling of softness in Y/N cheeks made him snap out of his thoughts.

"Desperate for what? "

Her tone sounded comforting but a hint of sternness leaks out. Y/N shook his head before taking her hands out of his cheeks and letting them fall back to her side.

"Nothing. "

The woman look down and this time not out of fluster. Y/N saw her lips curl downwards in a frown and her thick eyebrows furrowed.

"You can tell me, you know, " The woman look up and her eyes shine with determination. "I won't judge. "

Y/N lips twitch in a smile, "Maybe next time green eyes. "

"Green eyes? " Her confuse face made Y/N chuckle.

"Yeah, since I don't know your name I gotta call you something. "

The familiar coat of red fills her face. "My name is L-lauren. "

Beautiful name, Y/N thought.

"My name is Y/N. " Lauren smile and it made Y/N smile back.

The longer they stare at each other Y/N saw how Lauren struggle with the bag.

"Let me take that for you Lauren, " Y/N smile with an outstretch hand.

Lauren smile back and gave it to him with relief. "Thank you, that bag was literally killing my back. "

Y/N took the bag and was momentarily surprise at the weight of it.

"Wow, what kinds of food did you pack? "

"Some fruits and junk food's and some chocolates in case you didn't like the fruits and junk food's I packed then I also pack some drinks like juice boxes and if you think its too childish I brought some sodas" Lauren kept on rambling and rambling but not once Y/N thought it was annoying.

Once Lauren caught herself rambling her eyes went wide. "I'm so sorry for rambling and now you must be so annoyed with it the way I talk quickly and jumble my words with another-"

"You're doing it again Lauren, " Y/N said as he bit back an amuse smile.

"I'm sorry, " Lauren said as she bit her lip. "I . . . just want it to be perfect for you. "

Again Y/N felt the feeling surge through his body. This time he smiled hugely to show Lauren he appreciates everything she did.

"Its perfect. "

Lauren smile back hugely which showed off her perfect pearly white's.

"What do you wanna do tonight? " Y/N ask as he adjust the stuffed backpack on his shoulder.

Lauren looked around the empty park in thought, "Well . . . " Y/N watch as she looked around and just as she was gonna give up her eyes caught the clear night sky where the stars shine as bright as diamonds. "Let's stargaze! "

Y/N smile but the next thing Lauren did made Y/N eyes widen.

"Come on! " The excitement radiating from Lauren made her blind to Y/N flustered state.

Y/N let Lauren lead them to a large patch of grass in the park where the lamppost shed enough light for them. Lauren immediately lay in the grass as if it was her home then she turn to Y/N who was staring at her with a fond smile.

"Sit! " Lauren pat the grass beside her with an adorable grin.
Y/N raise his eyebrows at the commanding voice but Lauren just smiled innocently back. Letting out a dramatic sigh, Y/N lay beside her after placing Lauren's stuff bag beside them.

"Are you happy now? "

Lauren giggle cutely which made Y/N smile, "Oh shut up! I know your tired and plus you should be thanking me. "

"Oh really? " Y/N ask grinning as Lauren nodded fighting back a smile. "Why should I? "

Lauren shrug grinning, "Don't know but it just feels right. "

"So you mean to tell me I should say thank you for no reason? "

Just as Lauren was about to nod she stop, "Well when you put it that way . . . "

Y/N laugh at her sheepish grin. Lauren pouted for a moment before joining in the laughter. After a few minutes of laughter silence came back. But none of them was bothered by it as they turn their attention to the stars.

"Do you know why stars are so special? " Lauren ask after another minute of silence.

Y/N turn his head away from the stars and towards the woman.

"Why? "

"When I was a child I always thought of them as just beautiful things that shines in the vast darkness among them. But as I grow older the more I saw something in them that wasn't there when I was a child. "

"What did you see? " Y/N ask entrance with her voice and story.

Lauren smile at Y/N once before looking back up at the sky. "I saw love. "

"You saw love? " Y/N ask curiosity thick in his voice.

"As stupid as that sounds: yes I saw love. "

"How and why? "

Lauren smile as her eyes held a faraway look. "I could remember when I was a child I had an imaginary friend who would always visit me. We did what most kids would do. Play in the morning and have naps in the afternoon. I could even remember when he dance with me when nobody would at a kids party. He was always there for me. "

"What . . . happened to him? " It was weird talking about someone and referring them as a person when in reality they aren't real. But it was Lauren. And Y/N doesn't know it yet but he would do anything for her.

Lauren chuckle, "Didn't you hear what I said? Imaginary friend. He was never real to begin with. "

As sad as Lauren's story is Y/N didn't hear any bitterness in her tone so he decided to continue asking Lauren.

"What does your 'friend' have anything to do with stars? "

"As much as I want to forget my imaginary friend I can't. The last moment we had together was when we lay in my backyard. I could still vividly remember the blanket we shared. The warmth it gave us against the cold air. We were stargazing that night despite my parents protest of getting a cold. We were giggling and laughing over something when he made me a promise. "

"What kind of promise? " Y/N ask as Lauren remain silent for a few moments.

"A promise to gaze at the stars when things go rough to know that somewhere in the world someone is waiting for you. "

Y/N remain silent after that as well as Lauren. Both of them opted to stare at the limitless stars in the sky.

"Can I ask a question? "

Lauren tear her gaze away from the shining stars and onto a curious looking Y/N.

"Sure, what is it? "

Y/N hesitated for a moment before asking, "How do you know your imaginary friend ain't real? The way you describe him sounds like his real. "

To Y/N great surprise Lauren smile with no hint of anger or malice, "After that night when he made his promised, he disappeared as if he wasn't real to begin with. I was too young to know what was real and what wasn't at that age. So what I did was I kept asking my parents what happened to him but they always say that he was away with his parents. Until one day when my parents think I was old enough they told me the truth. "

Y/N's gaze travel to the crunch grass at the heel of his shoes. "I didn't mean to pry. "

Y/N heard Lauren sigh, "I don't mind. It felt good talking about it with someone especially when no one else know except for my parents. "

"No one else know? Except for me and your parents? "

Lauren nodded and giggle, "Yeah, "

"But . . . why tell me? Someone you don't know. "

Lauren lean in so close that Y/N could feel her breath on his lips. The intensity in her eyes pierces his own and he swear he felt it in his heart.

"It doesn't feel like that. " Then she was gone. She went back laying in the grass but not before taking a bag of chips out of the stuffed bag.

"Want some? " Lauren ask as if nothing happened.

Y/N shook out of his daze and stare at the beauty that lay in front of him.

"Sure. " Y/N lay beside her and he swear he saw her smirk.

Munching on some chips a comfortable silence fell on them. Y/N doesn't even remember the last time he felt this content and happy in his life. Even though its just eating some chips and laying on some grass in an empty park it felt . . . perfect.

"What are you smiling for? "

Y/N found Lauren looking at him confusedly but smiling.

Y/N smile and knows everything he felt and feels is all thanks to the person in front of him.

"Thank you Lauren. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 314 11
When Lauren Jauregui auditioned for The X Factor, she saw this really pretty girl. Lauren could only see her from a distance, but she could already t...
224K 6.2K 25
"I wanna go on a road trip. I want to sleep in crappy hotels. I want to sing along to happy songs while driving. I want to watch the sun rise in a di...
41.6K 1.1K 16
*(lauren/you/camila)* gxg Y/n had never understood the world's obsession with romantic relationships, no matter how hard she tried. Lover after love...
3.1K 155 5
This is my second story, this is actually a one shot story but I decided to break it into parts because I think it's too long to post it as a one par...