He's The One (Blake Griffin F...

By MsRelentless32

Melanie is a sweet, bright and strong girl. But find out what happens when her life gets turned upside down a... More

Chapter 1 - Promotion
Chapter 2 - Morning Stroll
Chapter 3 - Not Sleeping Alone
Chapter 4 - I Will Never Understand You Two
Chapter 5 - Carnival Kisses
Chapter 6 - Free Throws
Chapter 7 - Two Years And Running
Chapter 8 - Would He?
Chapter 9 - A Fresh Start
Chapter 10 - Going For A Swim
Chapter 11 - Road Games
Chapter 12 - Girlfriend
Chapter 13 - One Woman Man
Chapter 14 - Meet and Greet
Chapter 15 - Stay Out Of My Way
Chapter 16 - Anywhere But Here
Chapter 17 - Retail Therapy
Chapter 18 - Someone Like You
Chapter 19 - Fantasies and Flashbacks
Chapter 20 - This Is Goodbye
Chapter 21 - Missing You Missing Me
Chapter 22 - Sleeping With A Broken Heart
Chapter 23 - A Night To Remember
Chapter 24 - What Friends Are For
Chapter 25 - A Little Party Never Killed Nobody
Chapter 26 - No One Important
Chapter 27 - Flowers and Chocolates
Chapter 28 - Not My Boyfriend
Chapter 29 - Bonfire Blues
Chapter 30 - Forgive And (Don't) Forget
Chapter 31 - I Don't Want To Lose You
Chapter 32 - Love & Basketball
Chapter 33 - He Loves Me/He Loves Me Not
Chapter 34 - Tell Me That You Love Me
Chapter 35 - The Bitch Is Back
Chapter 36 - Here Comes Trouble
Chapter 37 - A Lot Can Change In A Year
Chapter 38 - Répondez S'il Vous Plaît
Chapter 39 - Not So Complicated After All
Chapter 40 - Surprise: Part One
Chapter 41 - Surprise: Part Two
Chapter 42 - Indiscretions
Chapter 43 - One Night
Chapter 44 - Boyfriend Number Two
Chapter 45 - You're The One That I Want
Chapter 46 - Coming Home
Chapter 47 - Bun In the Oven?
Chapter 48 - Fool's Paradise
Chapter 50 - Making A Bad Situation Even Worse
Chapter 51 - Can't Handle The Truth
Chapter 52 - Birthday Wishes

Chapter 49 - The End Of The Road

1.8K 49 7
By MsRelentless32

When Blake and I get home, I go into the kitchen to put away our leftovers. When I leave the kitchen, I see Blake in the living room, sitting in a club chair with his head down in his hands. I cock my head back in confusion.

"Are you okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He says lifting his head and resting his chin in his hands.

"Okay. Well, if you need me I'll upstairs, trying to find a job online." I walk to the bottom of the steps but turn when I hear Blake.

"Why are you looking for a job?"

"Why do people have jobs? To financially support themselves? Maybe?"

 "You don't have to do that. You know I've got you."

I walk over to Blake and squat down, laying my hand on his shoulder. "I love you and really appreciate it. But you know I will never be the type to sit around all day and have someone take care of me, especially not a man. Even if it's the best man in the world."

"If that's what you want."

"It is. But thank you and I love you for offering." I kiss him on the cheek and stand up. I begin to jog up the stairs.

"Melanie."

I stop in my tracks and turn around. "Yeah?"

"I have to talk to you."

"Can it wait? I really have to get this done." I say holding onto the railing.

"Uh...no. It can't wait."

"Okay." I walk down the stairs and go over to him as he stands up.

"What is it?"

"You should sit."

I get frustrated. "Blake, will you just..."

"Can you please just sit?" Blake says cutting me off.

"Fine." I throw my hands up as I surrender. I walk around and take a seat on the couch. "What is it?"

Blake sighs then sits down. He moves to the edge of the seat and reaches over, talking my hands in his. I raise an eyebrow at him, wondering what could be so serious.

He clears his throat before looking up at me. "It's...uh...It's about something that happened when you were away?"

I scoff with the roll of my eyes and pull away from him when I stand up. "Really, Blake? I told you. I don't care and don't wanna know about you and your little groupies."

 "I know, but I have to tell you this." He says still in his seat, looking up at me.

"Why?"

He doesn't say anything and when I roll my eyes and turn around to walk away, he shoots up. "Please." he says softly.

I sigh and turn back around to face him. I fold my arm. "Okay, what?"

"I was with someone while you were gone."

"Yeah, Gwen."

"No, someone else."

"That's it? That's what you needed to tell me? That you slept with someone else?"

"No, there's more."

"Oh my goodness. Blake, will you just spit it out?" I say becoming impatient.

"I was so stupid and I didn't use protection."

"So? Do you think you caught something? You think I should get tested or something?"

"No, that's not it." Blake says shaking his head.

"Then what the fuck is it?" I say raising my voice.

"She's pregnant." Blake blurts out and I'm taken back.

"What did you just say?"

"Mel, please. Don't make me say it again."

"No, please do. I just wanna make sure I heard you right."

"She's pregnant." He says sighing then flopping back into his chair. I back up until I feel my back against the wall and toss my head back. I squeeze my eyes close as the tears roam down my face.  "Melanie. Please. Say something."

I open my eyes and he now stands in front of me. "Yell, curse, say you hate me, something, anything. Please."

I sigh and get up. "Wow. I'm just trying to figure out how you could be such a fucking idiot. Not only did you go out and fuck anything in a skirt, but you hit raw and knocked her up."

"Mel, listen I-"

"Shut up!"  I scream cutting him off. I use the back of my hand to wipe the tears from my face. "I'm talking. You know what's funny? You were so interested in my love life while I was gone. And, you had plently of time to tell me when we were in London, but I guess Blake just always does what's convenient for Blake...So?" He looks up at me. "Who's the lucky lady who gets to call herself your baby mama?"

He remains silent.

"You may speak now." I say sitting down in the chair opposite of where Blake was sitting earlier.

"I don't think that really matters right now."

I sigh and roll my eyes at his response. "Yeah? Well, I didn't ask for your fucking opinion. I asked for a name."

"Brynn." He mumbles under his breath.

"Do I have super bionic ears that I didn't know about? Otherwise, do you mind speaking up?"

He clears his throat. "Her name's Brynn Cameron."

"Brynn." I repeat before taking deep breath while shutting my eyes for a moment. "How long have you known?"

"What?"

"Can you stop acting like a dumbass for like two seconds? How long have you known she was pregnant?"

"It wasn't confirmed until after we came home from London."

"What does that mean?"

"It means that I knew there was a possibility she was pregnant when I went but I didn't know for sure until we came back."

"You knew all this time and didn't think it was a good idea to tell me?" I couldn't help it when my eyes began to water again.

"What was I suppose to say? 'Melanie, I love you and want you back, and by the way some girl might be having my child?'" He says with a hint of sarcasm.

"You shouldn't have come!" I get up and yell back instantly. "I was happy. I was actually over you and you came and ruined all of that! Knowing, you could have a child on the way. God, but it didn't stop. No, sir. Because when she confirmed she was pregnant, you still didn't tell me. You let me be happy, you let me move in and god! I even believed you when you said you brought this house for our 'fresh start'. When really, you were playing the entire time."

"Baby, I wasnt-" He reaches out to grab my hands but I quickly pull away.

"Don't!" I scream. "Don't call me baby and don't touch me. I just need to a moment to process the fact that I basically christened a house that you bought...for your child. Do you know how sick that makes me feel?" He doesn't say anything and just stares at me with tears in his eyes. "No, you don't and you don't care because everything is all about Blake. Always was. Always is. Always will be." I walk past him, bumping his shoulder and begin to walk up the stairs.

"Melanie." He begins.

"No." I flip around holding my hand as a tear falls down my cheek. "No." I say with my voice cracking. "I'm sick and tired of my life revolving around you. And I am beyond done."

------------------------------------------

After I pack a bag, I head back down stairs with it in my hand. Blake sits on the couch and looks over when he hears me coming down the stairs. His face was red and his eyes puffy. It was obvious he had been crying.

"Where are you going?" He says walking over to the bottom of the steps as I stood several higher than him.

"You lost the right to know that." I go to pass him but he steps in front of me so I couldn't. I raise both eyebrows in a "have you lost your natural born mind" face.

"Please don't go. If you want me to, I'll go. I'll stay out as long as you want. Just please, don't leave."

"What makes you think for a second that I could even consider staying in your house?"

"Don't say that. This is our house. Just unpack your things." Blake sticks out his hand to reach for my bag and I pull away.

"Blake. No." I say, staring straight at him before dropping the hold. He sighs and slowly nods his head before stepping out of the way.

I slowly take my final steps toward the door. I set down my bag and pull my jacket out my shoulders, sliding my arms in. I look back to see Blake, now sitting down on the stairs. He stared at eh ground with his knuckle in his other hand, dangling between his legs. I can clearly see the tears fall from his eyes and drop onto the carpet beneath him. He looks up at me with tears now streaming. I look away. As much as it hurt to see him this way, my heart was already broken and right now, I no longer had one, especially not where Blake was concerned.

I take a deep breath from turning the knob, picking up my bag and walking out.

------------------------------------------

I walk into my empty apartment and drop the bag on the floor before the slamming the door shut behind me. I toss my keys on the counter and take my jacket off and throw in on the couch. I cover my damp face with both hands and sit down in the middle of the floor.

I take a hair tie from my wrist and put my hair up in a high ponytail. Then I sigh and fall back and lay down. Staring up at ceiling, I close my eyes as Blake's voice kept running through my head. "She's pregnant", pounded against my skull. I begin hyperventilating and trying to catch my breath. I get pissed all over again. There's a sharp pain in my chest and it feels tight. I set my hands on my forehead, lighting squeezing. Trying to make his voice stop. It was torturing me.

My eyes suddenly flip open. I get up quickly, blinded by anger. I rush into my room and fling draws open. At the bottom of my dresser, I pull out my photo albums and throw them on my bed. I get a small metallic trashcan and set it down by my bed. I didn't even notice I was crying until I wiped my face with the back of my hand while getting scissors from a kitchen draw. I throw my on the bed and set the matches on the bed side table.

Finally, I unhook two of the fire alarms from the walls and toss them on the floor on the balcony and lock that door. I go into my room and close the door. Without thinking, I begin ripping any picture I had of or with Blake and cut them up. I cut him out of any picture I could and mutilated his face. They all ended up in the trashcan.

When I was done with that, I grab a picture frame that hung on my wall. It was a picture from our first date, having it just broke me even more. I turn it over and smash the glass on the edge of the dresser. The glass crumples and as I'm ripping the picture out, I cut the side of my hand. But, I'm too filled with adrenaline to care. I toss the picture in with the rest. I then fold my legs on the bed and grab the matches. I open the box and light one. I turn it upside down and watch the flame rise. Just as it's about to reach my fingers, I let it fall in the can.

With tears funning down my face, I sit there. Motionless watching the memories I had of Blake burn. Lastly, I reach over and pick up the pink stuff pig Blake had gotten me around two years earlier. Without emotion, I toss that into the fire too...

------------------------------------------

Kylie's P.O.V.

I come home and when I walk up to the door, I instantly smell smoke and hear the single beep of our carbon monoxide detector. I unlock the door and the entire living room and kitchen are filled with smoke. I begin to cough and cover my nose and mouth as I run to the balcony ad open the door all the way. I walk into my room and around the apartment, opening all the doors and windows.

I walk past Melanie's room and see an odd glare of light under the door. I open the door and there she sat on the bed with her legs folded and her arms at her sides. The room was filled with smoke as the trashcan in front of her lit up with fire.

"Melanie, what the hell?" I yell in confusion. I turn out of her room and grab the mini fire extinguisher we had under the sink. I go to her room again and put out the fire. Then I set the extinguisher down on the floor before opening the window.

"Melanie, are you okay?" I say walking over and squatting next to her. "Hey. Is there a reason you tried to burn the apartment and kiss yourself in the process." She said nothing and come to think of it, she hadn't moved a muscle or made a sound since I got here. The only motion were the tears sliding down her cheek. "Mel." I say slowly taking her hands in mine. "What's wrong?" Slowly her eyes float to meet mine. Then her head follows on the same direction.

"It's Blake." She mumbles.

"Did something happen with you guys?" She nods slowly.

"Okay. What is it?"

"He got another girl..."

"What?"

"He got another girl pregnant." She says before breaking down in my arms. I wrap arms around her as she muzzles her face un my neck and sobs endlessly.

I decided not to end this story because I thought of a lot of good ideas and would rather continue this than writing a sequel. Also, I will no longer be aiming to update on Fridays. That's because I get  really busy and sometimes can't stay on schudule. I'll just update whenever I finish typing a chapter. It's the end of the year and during the summer I can update more often. Thanks, love you guys. 

Vote. Comment. Share.

Twiiter- @Ms_Relentless32

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 473 52
(GxG) Your alcoholic mother forced to move from your hometown to a K-12 Sleep Away School. There you meet a sugar sweet girl named Melanie Martinez...
209K 7.3K 41
Jennifer Blake is a senior in high school, wishing she could leave and follow her dreams to become a music producer. Jennifer is a closeted lesbian...
205K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...