Do you love me? ~ Smosh Fanfi...

By fullafluf

Misty Cooper is different to other girls. She likes gaming, comedy and anime. She has recently moved to Sacra... More

Chapter I ~ Goodnight
Chapter II ~ Misty ~ World at my fingertips
Chapter III ~ Ian ~ Keep on raining
Chapter IV ~ Misty ~ Time for a job
Chapter V ~ Ian ~ Horses and Giraffes
Chapter VI ~ Misty ~ A strange encounter
Chapter VII ~ Ian ~ Love is only a feeling
Chapter VIII ~ Misty ~ Strange Day
Chapter IX ~ Ian~ Emergency
Chapter X ~ Misty ~ Wake up
Chapter XI ~ Ian ~ Drift!
Chapter XII ~ Misty ~ What's a Smosh?
Chapter XIII ~ Ian ~ Lunchtime with Misty
Chapter XIV ~ Misty ~ Shoes are a girl's best friend
Chapter XV ~ Ian ~ Plans
Chapter XVI ~ Misty ~ Misty & Kristie
Chapter XVII ~ Ian ~ City of Angels
Chapter XVIII ~ Misty ~ A day to remember
Chapter XIX ~ Ian ~ I care
Chapter XX ~ Misty ~ It's laid in love
Chapter XXI ~ Ian ~ Happy
Chapter XXII ~ Misty ~ Deep breath
Chapter XXIII ~ Ian ~ Super Huggle Snuggle
Chapter XXIV ~ Misty ~ Hate
Chapter XXV ~ Ian ~ Wasting away
Chapter XXVI ~ Misty ~ A l o n e
Chapter XXVII ~ Ian ~ Reassurance
Chapter XXVIII ~ Misty ~ Forgiven
Chapter XXIX ~ Ian ~ Beautiful Freak
Chapter XXX ~ Misty ~ Preparation
Chapter XXXI ~ Ian ~ The Cooper Clan
Chapter XXXII ~ Misty ~ The explanation
Chapter XXXIII ~ Ian ~ Still half full
Chapter XXXIV ~ Misty ~ That damn text
Chapter XXXV ~ Ian ~ VidCon is ON
Chapter XXXVI ~ Misty ~ A new way of serving coke
Chapter XXXVII ~ Ian ~ My worries < Her worries
Chapter XXXVIII ~ Misty ~ So it begins
Chapter XXXIX ~ Ian ~ Thursday
Chapter XXXX ~ Misty ~ Not-So-Sunny Friday
Chapter XXXXI ~ Ian ~ Party
Chapter XXXXII ~ Misty ~ Scrambled Thoughts, Scrambled Feelings
Chapter XXXXIII ~ Ian ~ Meltdown
Chapter XXXXIV ~ Misty ~ More Disaster
Chapter XXXXV ~ Ian ~ Her Secrets Revealed
Chapter XXXXVI ~ Misty ~ Terror
Chapter XXXXVI ~ Ian ~ Lost and Found
Chapter XXXXVIII ~ Misty ~ Reunited
Chapter XXXXX ~ Misty ~ Goodbyes
Chapter XXXXXI ~ Ian ~ Webby Awards
Chapter XXXXXII ~ Misty ~ Vidcon, Year 3 {{End}}
~Acknowledgements~

Chapter XXXXIX ~ Ian ~ Confrontation

970 29 8
By fullafluf

Dear readers

Here comes the fourth-to last chapter. It's getting sad, but I want to post more often for you guys as posting every month was sorta crappy, haha.

As usual, enjoooyyyy. 

-fluffie xoxox

Chapter 49 ~ Ian Hecox

On the cab ride to the Katrina, Misty found out everything. After our meeting, we had to tell the team to meet us at our own hotel in 30 minutes or so, and we'd all head out for a meal together. Anthony did that whilst I took Misty outside to get a taxi, kissing her in the brief moments where we found ourselves alone again. Eventually we found an open cab, and Anthony came out and got in himself. Me and Misty squashed beside him.

'Anyway, what's the story?' she asked inquisitively. Every time I saw her eyes I smiled in relief, knowing that I'd be seeing them again every single day. I was still in shock that she'd talked to me, that we'd made up (even though we were yet to talk about it properly.)

'Well- Lily's not only the hater. She's...the stalker.' (A.N: For a year, that read 'Misty's the stalker'. Which would be an extreme plot twist. Edited 8/05/15)

'What?' Misty yelped. 'How the hell do you know?'

'Looky,' I said, pulling out the peach iPhone yet again. 'Did you send that earlier?'

Misty gasped. 'Yes...fuck...' Misty put her hands over her eyes, which were starting to tear up. Her breathing rate increased, and she put her head completely in her hands. 'I...I was so stupid.'

'No you weren't, babe-' I tried to reassure her, but was interrupted.

'She caused me...'

'All of that. Everything,' I exclaimed, anger setting in. 'She wanted to break us apart, she wanted all of that attention the sick, fucking- cow.'

'Ian,' Misty sobbed, holding me close.

'I just can't believe it,' Anthony added. 'Who would go to those lengths just to get revenge? Jesus.'

'It's crazy,' I replied. 'And we're gonna go get revenge for it.'

'I'm not sure if I can, you know, face her like that,' Misty admitted, her head resting against my shoulder. 'I don't...I don't even know her, if you think about it.'

'That's the most insane part,' Anthony replied. 'Did you guys ever even meet before today?'

'One time, back at the house- remember? Kalel came just in time.'

'Of course.'

'Misty, we've got to face them. We've got to tell them what's what. And in the end it's 3 mentally stable individuals against 2 idiots.'

Anthony chuckled slightly, and Misty tittered nervously but both of their faces returned to their stern setting quickly, both looking anxious about what was to come. I let Misty lean on my shoulder and played with her hair. 'It's all gonna be just fine,' I whispered. 'They're gonna learn a lesson.'

'After all those months of suffering-' Misty stammered and then sat up. 'God, I'm so scared to face him again. Let alone her.'

'You don't have to if you don't want to,' I told her reassuringly, brushing her hair with my fingers. Like a return to familiarity, the strands felt so natural in my hand.

'But it's better if I do,' she added. I nodded.

'Yes.'

'Anthony, are you sure you want to-'

'I want to say something to both of them.' Anthony looked nervous, but firm in his decision. It was a strange mix, but you could feel the power sheathed beneath the anxiety portrayed on his face. I clasped Misty's hand with one hand and put a hand on Anthony's shoulder with another.

There was a pause.

'It's been a long day,' I finally said.

'Too right,' Anthony replied. 'I think we've got more to explain after this.'

'Same here.' Misty was clutching my hand tight, her knuckles white from clasping it so hard. The atmosphere was tense and nervous, but oddly comfortable at the same time. Pauses didn't matter with these two, there was never any awkwardness. The cab pulled up beside the Katrina. I looked up, watching the stories pile up on top of each other, causing a seemingly endless expanse of windows upon windows.

It was still raining. Over the course of this particularly wet day, I'd learnt not to care. Rain seemed to symbolise all the crucial moments in myself and Misty's relationship. But rain is a strangely beautiful thing, if you really observe every aspect of it. Misty taught me that.

I watched Anthony push open the door and get out. This time, it was my turn to pass some cash into the cabbie's hand (Jesus, we'd spent a lot on cabs today) and I got out of the car myself, stepping straight into a huge puddle. I held Misty's hand so that she escaped the puddle and didn't ruin her heels.

We stopped and simply stared at the huge glass entrance to the Katrina. We'd all separately entered through its doors only a few hours ago. Now united, the prospect seemed somewhat daunting.

'C'mon,' Anthony finally said, and pushed the glass door and entered. The receptionist's eyes widened to see us for another time today, this time looking noticeably more wet. We trudged to the elevator at a snails pace, approaching this task with caution.

'How many floors up were you last night, Misty?' I asked, my hand hovered over the buttons.

'Second floor.' I pushed the button and the door closed, segregating us from the perplexed receptionist. My stomach was wriggling around internally, making me feel even more uncomfortable. But no-one could look as nervous as Misty. Her face was washed white and her breathing was fast as she tugged at her hair. The lift opened and we all stared at the open doors for a moment before realization that we had to get off kicked in. We stepped into the corridor and looked along it.

'Where was Phil's room?'

'Just along here,' Misty replied, pointing to the left. 'Follow me.' Misty walked slowly and slightly shakily, but brought us to a row of doors. 'If this is Phil's...' she said. 'This one must be Chris's. And that means this one is...Lily and Jay's.'

I nodded, looking at the perfectly normal door. As much as I wanted to smash Jay's face in, I was nervous. Something inside of me secretly hoped that they were out so I didn't let down Misty if Jay managed to attack me first.

Anthony nudged me forwards, so I had to knock. Before I did, I heard mutterings behind the door: they were in there...if it was them. I listened in.

'What if they do find another way, though?' a man's voice asked.

'They can't find us, idiot.' I recognized this entirely as Lily's harsh, squawky voice. The sound of that voice used to remind me of unrequited love, messy lipstick-stained kisses and the smell of expensive Givenchy perfume. Now it only filled me with boiling rage.

'Think about it,' the growlier voice said. 'There'll be some way they found us.'

I knocked firmly thrice, and didn't bother to stand back. This wasn't a time for manners.

The door was pulled open by a man with familiar greasy hair- for the first time, I saw Jay himself up close. His face instantly turned to one of panic. My nerves and reactions got the better of me and I instantly delivered a solid blow to Jay's face. He fell to the floor and looked up at me bitterly, his nose bloody.

'Don't you fucking dare try to hurt my girlfriend!' I said fiercely, towering over him, all before he had time to speak. Misty walked beside me up to Lily. I stumbled over, not wanting her to get hurt again, but Misty had already squared herself up to Lily, despite the fact she was about 7 inches shorter.

'It was you all along,' she said. 'I don't even know you, and you caused me all that...that pain, suffering. You judged me, and you didn't even know me- fuck you, fuck you-'

'Who the fuck do you think you are, storming in like-' Lily began, but was interrupted.

'Who the fuck do you think you are, causing Misty so much pain, splitting up the perfect couple?' Anthony spat, coming up from behind me. Jay stumbled to his feet behind him. Anthony span round.

'I thought you were arrested!'

'What if Jay's not my birth name?' Jay smirked cockily. 'What if it's just the name I picked up as a nickname over the years? I've gone by many names in the past. Including...Max,' he said. Hold on. This was the guy who was in Lily's bedroom on her birthday.

'It's you!' I shouted. 'I knew I recognised you, you...fuck, Lily, you cheated on me, with this- bastard...?'

'You said your name was Max?' Lily said, as shocked as me.

'I always give fake names. Safety.'

'Clever...'

'Fuck that,' Anthony added. 'You fucking cheated on Ian...you caused him all that initial upset. You deserve to be together.'

'So that was all a lie you told me earlier,' Misty said. 'Hm. I should've guessed. You got what you deserved.'

'So what? You had it coming, Ian. You're a shitty kisser, according to Lily.' Jay was approaching me gradually. 'I'm glad I cheated on Lily with you.'

'You-' Misty stormed up to Jay and delivered a blow to his mouth, punching him to the floor again. 'How dare you hurt my boyfriend,' she breathed. 'And lie to me. AFTER trying to rape me for the second time. Oh, and Ian is a fucking great kisser.' She bent down and punched him again. It made a satisfying thud.

Our fists were getting some serious action today. Misty's face had an expression of pure shock, yet amusement. She looked at her fist. Her shocked face turned into a slight smirk. She knew had done the right thing, even if she'd never punched someone before.

'What the fuck, man?' Jay exclaimed, holding out a hand of blood from his nose and rushing to the bathroom.

'You deserved it,' Anthony commented in a disgusted tone. 'And Lily...'

I turned around. Lily was stood at the edge of the room, looking scared for her life. She swallowed. 'How dare you...do that to...Jay,' she gasped. 'Get out.'

Out of all of us, Misty was the one to approach Lily.

'You...you kissed Ian- you tried to split us apart, you sent me all the hate texts- you were the one that pretended to be stalking me.'

'Get over it!' Lily yelled, pulling herself off the wall. 'You and Ian weren't meant to be- live with it, he simply felt sorry for you. You're just hung up over a guy who doesn't really love you, and always preferred and missed his ex-girlfriend.'

I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. I looked over to Misty who looked quite hurt by her remark. She looked into my eyes, then back into Lily's.

Misty paused. 'Even if it was because he felt sorry for me,' she said slowly and calmly, 'he still bothered to look after me, help me find a job. He didn't mess me around, his feelings were true. Whether he loved me the whole time or not, the fact remains that Ian was there for me in my time of need, unlike so many others in the course of my life. It didn't matter that he barely knew me, he accepted me into his life on the one condition that I accepted him into mine. Despite the fact that I fell in love with him the moment I met him, the time he fell in love with me and we confessed our real feelings to each other was months after we first met. And it doesn't matter if he doesn't love me- because that wouldn't ever stop me from loving him.'

My heart skipped a beat.

'I fell in love with you the moment you got in my car,' I said. Misty held my hand and looked at me with an expression of what I can only describe as pure love. It relaxed me again- Misty still loved me. At least, it appeared so.

'Why would he? Look at you- you look like a hobo!' Lily snorted. 'No offence but...you're not the best looking girl.'

'Don't you even go there-' I began angrily, pointing a finger at Lily. 'Misty is-'

'Maybe because I don't plaster myself with makeup,' Misty said calmly.

'I do not!' Lily protested. 'You deserved to puke that night.'

'Wait...Thursday? You were there??'

'I spiked your fucking drink, retard.'

'Oh, you fucking didn't-' Misty said, walking up to Lily, pointing a finger, her face fiercer than I'd ever seen it. Her voice was low and husky, something I'd never really heard before.

'Are you out of your mind? You absolute...' Anthony began.

I stood in front of Lily, face to face. 'There's something seriously wrong with you. God, I'm so glad we're over.'

'Huh. So am I.'

'Lily,' Misty added. 'If you're taking all this action against me, I think you'll find that you're the one hung up over Ian.' That final bit of brilliant sass pushed Lily over the edge.

'Okay then,' Lily hissed. She stood up wobbily, teetered in her heels, marched over to Misty in her towering heels and slapped her across the face. Misty's expression stayed vacant as she stared at Lily briefly before elbowing her to the floor. 'Don't say a fucking word,' Misty threatened, and stood back.

Jay stumbled back into the bedroom, clutching a tissue over his bloodied nose. He looked briefly at Lily then did a double-take. 'What the fuck?'

'Just saying, Lily sorta cheated on you,' Misty said sassily. 'Making out with my boyfriend...um, whore.'

I glared at Jay.

'Don't you dare come near us again. Ever. Even though there seems to be little way of getting you arrested, I just want you to be unhappy in every endeavour, and looks like you are. Enjoy your screwed-up relationship.'

'Considering that Lily cheated on you with Ian and you cheated on Lily with me, looks like it's not the best relationship,' Misty added. I looked over to Anthony, who had his hand on the desk in the room. He looked somewhat suspicious, but only I noticed. I turned back to face Lily.

'Lily, you don't have any idea who you've messed with. You do anything else- and let me tell you, I'll know if you've done anything, you'll seriously regret it.'

'Jay,' Misty said. 'Get a fucking life.'

I looked back and glowered at the pair of deceivers. They looked at one another in despair. I looked to Misty and Anthony. It was time to go.

'Enjoy your lives,' Anthony said, kicking Jay back to the floor for good measure. Jay dodged the kick and punched Anthony in the face, hard. Anthony looked at me, slightly panic-stricken, his nose beginning to bleed. Jay grinned- and Misty punched Jay in his smug face, down to the floor. She stalked out, taking Anthony's hand, leaving Lily looking utterly shocked. I followed suit, kicking Jay in the stomach on my way out, and shut the door in their faces.

'Anthony, dude, are you okay?'

'It's alright,' he said bravely. 'I've had my nose broken before. This isn't as bad so I'm sure it's fine.'

'Still, you- you took a big punch. Let's go back to our hotel before we go out. We'll get you cleaned up.'

'Wait, look what I got,' Anthony said, holding up a card. 'His driving licence. He must have used it for ID earlier- it was out on the desk.'

'So that's what you were do- wait, why would we need it?'

'Looks like Jay's real name is Robert James Maxmillan Jackson.'

'You...genius,' I finished. 'What a name. Take a picture of it. We'll give it to them, and give them his new address on the card this time.' Anthony snapped a quick picture and then slipped the licence back under their door. As we did, we heard Jay sounding extremely panicky. Ha.

We made our way to our own hotel, using the same cab as before. Misty quickly applied some makeup, sighing at how 'crap' she'd looked all day (honestly, I didn't see much difference. She was just missing her signature flicks around her eyes.) She got changed into something a lot more casual, a lacy top and her leather shorts. I looked at my wet clothes, and changed into a shirt and jeans. Anthony did the same. Misty smiled at our bedroom. 'I'm so happy I'm back here.'

'I'm glad you're back too,' I said. I opened the door, and she stepped through, looking much more like herself. She'd pulled her hair back into a long, messy braid which ran down one side of her shoulder, and ended just above her waist. She looked gorgeous. I pecked her quickly as Anthony came out his door. 'We'd better go meet them outside,' he said.

We ate at an Italian pizzeria, which was what we needed. Something delicious, but not too fancy. I sat between Mari and Lasercorn who had joined us for the evening. Misty sat opposite with Phil and Kalel, Kristie and Chris just to the side of them, Kristie next to Anthony, and Anthony sat with Dan Howell, Joven and Sohinki, who had also joined us.

The worries of the day floated away. We didn't talk much about the events of that day, and no-one ever really learnt about the Jay situation. We didn't want to spread it like some heroic story, because it really wasn't. It was just a necessary action we needed to take, due to his extremely unnecessary actions. But we said how we honestly found Misty outside in the rain, and she'd fainted from 'lack of food.' Maybe they'd find out the truth one day, maybe they wouldn't. But now was a time to simply enjoy the weekend.

Kristie and Chris had to decide their future, and we could tell it was extremely difficult for them. They didn't talk much about it, but Kristie kept holding Chris's hand. Chris kept looking over to her. It was Saturday night. By Monday, they would both be separated. In the middle of the meal, I overheard Kristie talking to Misty in a more hushed tone. Kalel was also in the conversation. Phil, on the other side, was in deep conversation with Sohinki and Dan.

'It's gonna be hard, we know,' Kristie admitted. 'But neither of us is ready to move so soon, obviously. I'm settled here, and he's settled there.'

'We've decided it's for the best to keep it at a long distance relationship. In the end, I'm coming on holiday to America in December. And then there's Playlist in March and stuff. There will be ways where we can see each other.'

'It's strange. We've only known each other for a matter of days, but we just...clicked.'

'You can tell,' Misty said. 'Your personalities really compliment each other.'

'I second that,' Kalel added.

'Thanks,' Chris said gratefully. 'We'll see how it goes, I guess.'

'Yup,' Kristie said, and put her hand on Chris's knee. Misty smiled genuinely, obviously very happy for the couple. I tried to turn to Anthony, as if I wasn't listening.

We finished up our meal, after having desserts (sundaes all round, even Kalel!) Outside, we parted ways for the night.

I went to get a cab - Misty said she had something to say to Phil.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 173 16
Anthony is being bullied for being gay. Ian doesn't know it, but they will be friends, in fact closer than just friends.
16.7K 203 22
Anthony Padilla fangirls, you all are so going to scream the whole world down with delight as you read my fanfiction! As seen from the title, this st...
11.3K 287 14
==COMPLETED== Holly has been friends with Ian and Anthony since middle school. She's always had feelings for Ian, but little did she know that she wo...
5.4K 288 14
The Realm, provider of all the good things to humans on Earth, has a huge problem: they miscalculated and failed to assign a soulmate to the constant...