Eye-dentity II; the chase (co...

By YelenaLiana

Stay in the light if you want to live more.. Defy me.. the queen, and you'll die. Are you brave enough to tou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Teaser for Chapter 7 :)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 4

1.6K 33 8
By YelenaLiana

         After a few minutes... she get her composure back at inumpisahan ang party na parang walang nangyari.

       While everyone's having fun, katabi ni Cassandra si Jayden at ang anak nya. Jayden hold her cold hand...

"are you ok?"

"I'm not."

"Do you want to go back in your room?"

"And waste this dress? No thanks."

 Jayden smiled.

"Dycon, are you ok?" tanong nya sa anak.

"Yup!! Dylan held me tight while that girl's here."

"Where is he anyway?"

"Maybe he's with that madaam..."

"Hm..."

       Tumayo si Cassandra at iniwan si Dycon kay Jayden. She walked by the balcony... and looked up at the dark sky... The crescent moon smiling at her... Huminga sya ng malalim habang iniisip ang mga pangyayari. She knew all about Zyrex pero hindi nya inaasahang may tagapagmana pa itong nabubuhay... though she turned out to be a mediocre... dahil marahil sa pagsasalin-salin ng dugo nito. Napag-aralan na din nya kung paano nagbabago ang uri ng isang bampira. It's all about genes... kung ano ang mas malakas.. yun ang nananalo.

       Napasimangot sya ng makita si Dylan at Veronica... "Holding hands while walking under the moon...pa-sway-sway pa... ugh..disgusting."

              Cassandra turned away..not wanting to see Dylan's face. Pumasok na ulit sya at muling tumabi kay Jayden habang ang anak nya ay nakatulog na sa tabi nito.

She summoned, "Lucille."

Lucille appeared, "Regina.."

"Bring Dycon to his room. Isama mo na din si Felix."

"Yes, regina."

           When Lucille's gone..Jayden took her hand in his...tugging her on the dancefloor. Everyone in the dancefloor stopped when they reached the middle at hinayaan silang dalawang sumayaw. The orchestra starts to play a sweet slow song..

"Just enjoy this night, regina,"

"I'll just enjoy this...if you'll not treat me as your Queen. Treat me as your date, Jayden."

           And with that...Jayden's hold become tighter against her waist and their body molding against each other... She smiled against his shoulder...

"Jayden."

"Hm?"

"Will you marry me?"

"No."

"why?"

"I can't."

"Why do you keep on rejecting my offer?"

 "I do not accept gratitude... I want you to love me.. but that's not possible anymore."

 "I trust you more than I trust myself, doesn't that enough?"

"I love you...and what will you reply to me.. I trust you too?"

Napangiti sya, "why not?"

"I want you...all of you, Cassandra. Not just your trust. At hindi ako tumatanggap ng tingi."

Cassandra chuckled, "Hm.. your sense of humor's improving nicely."

"Cassandra, seryoso ako. "

          Cassandra looked at him...her smile wider. And his serious face softened...

"You still look the same."

"So are you."

"Yeah...because we are cursed to never age after our death. You still look so young...."

"Kaya nga bagay na bagay tayo."

"I can't marry the Queen."

"Hmp! I thought you'll treat me as your date?"

"If you're just simply my date," his eyes glinting with amusement, "I would have kissed you in front of all this people. "

        Everyone gasped when someone approached them... They both turned to see Dylan offering his hand.

Dylan: Since this will be my last night here, can I have my first and last dance with the Queen?

Jayden: (looks at her) Regina?

Cassandra: Ok.

        Binitawan na sya ni Jayden and when Dylan's hand touched her... her body automatically respond.. betraying her mind. His scent clouded her brain until all she could see is their past...but the image of Veronica...the both of them...holding hands... made her realize her fate.

"No,"parang napasong bumitaw sya sa kamay nito but Dylan immediately held hers firmly.

"What?"

"I'm tired. Gusto ko ng magpahinga."

"Allergic ka sakin."

Cassandra frowned, "What?"

"You're always avoiding me. May nakakahawa ba akong sakit? Na hindi ko alam?"

"I am not avoiding you. You are the hunter kaya natural lang na iwasan kita."

"Really?"

"I said gusto ko nang magpahinga. Besides...look at your girlfriend over there... she's starting to bother me with her looks."

"She's not my girlfriend.."

"Then what are you? Just friends? with benefits?"

"We're just friends. Period."

Cassandra glared, "Then why are you holding her hand??? If I know you even kiss—"

Dylan grinned and that's when she realized she acted out of place.

Cassandra sighed, "I just want to rest."

        Tumigil na silang dalawa sa pagsayaw at inihatid na sya ni Dylan sa pwesto nya. When the clock strikes twelve midnight, nag-umpisa ng mag-uwian ang mga bisita and within one hour, naayos na ng mga katulong ang palasyo. 

1:30 a.m.

          She should be sleeping by now but Dylan keeps on haunting her dreams.. her dreams that has been so dark for so many years... Their past keeps on lingering in her mind kahit ang tanging gusto nya ay kalimutan na lang ang lahat. And her heart...still keeps on hurting kahit limang taon na ang nakalipas. Maybe because for the past five years... she's looking at Dylan's face and flesh everyday.

Sa sarili nitong paraan, nagagawa pa din syang paglaruan ng tadhana...

    She smirked...

" Fate's really a bitch. Hm.. wanna play with me again huh? Fine. I dare you to play more games with me... and I'll be on."

        Lumabas sya ng kwarto...she wanted to wander around the forest... her pastime whenever she can't sleep or something's bothering her.

       Pero bago pa makalabas ng palasyo...nakasalubong nya ang lalakeng hangga't maaari ay gusto na nyang ibaon sa limot. He's wearing a white t-shirt and gray pajama...his favorite sleep wear. May dala din itong isang baso na may lamang, she sniffed, honey at kalamansi.

"wow, wasting no time, fate?"

"Queen..."

"Hunter..."

"Bakit gising ka pa?"

"I just can't sleep."

"Oh..."

Natahimik silang dalawa at tinalikuran na nya ang lalake..  

"Saan ka pupunta?"

Napahinto sya sa paglalakad, "Out."

"Do you need compa—"

"No."

"Ok."

She glanced at the glass, "Para kanino yan?"

"Kay Veronica. She also can't sleep at ito lang lagi ang nakakapagpatulog sa kanya."

         Her heart starts to ache...while her mind starts to remember things... That drink...he especially made for her cold...

"Oh, hindi mo pala sya naihatid pauwi sa bahay nya?"

"She insisted to sleep in my room."

"I see. Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

         Tumalikod na sila parehas at naglakad palayo sa isa't-isa...Cassandra grinned when an idea hit her.. Daring her fate to play more.. after afew seconds..narinig nya ang pagkabasag ng baso..the shattering of pieces echoed in the dark hallway. She turned to see Dylan's reaction...

       His brows creased while staring down at his bloody hands... Her smile fades when the scent hit her. That strong scent that made her want him... In a split second, nasa harap na sya nito at hawak-hawak ang kamay nito... she can feel her eyes turning red...heat rushing...power pouring all over her..

        But when the scent of honey mixed with his blood knock her.. she forced herself to blink and pushed him away.

Cassandra hissed, "Damn it!"

"w-what happened?" takang tanong nito sa naging reaksyon nya.

"Just leave me alone."

"You don't look like you're ok, Queen Vampire."

       She glared at him before turning away.. fighting all her might to stay away and leave his blood alone. After a few fast strides... nakalabas na sya ng palasyo at nakalanghap na ng hangin. Cold wind brushed her pale skin... making her shiver... She stroll until she reached the darkest side of the forest. And there... she let her tears fall... That side of forest has always seen her at her weakest... For so many times... she cried her pain out... The pain that keeps on killing her... making her feel weak and empty. The pain that she always bear kapalit ng pagtanggal nya ng memorya kay Dylan. And yes, sya na lang ang tanging nasasaktan sa ginawa nya... dahil sa alaala nya nakatanim ang lahat... at kahit gustuhin man nyang kalimutan... her power won't let her,...

She wiped her tears at tumingin sa langit... "Pinili kong isuko Sayo ang lahat, pinili kong harapin ang totoo kong buhay at iwan ang lalakeng mahal ko. And still... this pain..."

"Lucky guy.."

       Bigla syang napalingon sa lalakeng walang pakundangang sinundan sya... Another ability- gone.. Ni hindi nya naramdaman ang paglapit nito.

"what are you doing here?" snapping at him.

"Nag-alala ako. You don't look ok ng bigla ka na lang umalis."

"Gusto kong mapag-isa. Leave me alone Hunter."

"It's Dylan."

"Whatever."

"You despise me, why?"

"common sense, hunter. You kill our kind..."

"No. when I took over the position, pinipili ko na ang pinapatay namin."

"You're still a hunter.. Our enemy in nature."

"But I'm not here to be you're enemy, Queen Vampire."

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

         Ilang segundo din silang nagtitigan before Cassandra give up. Dylan smiled at her and sat beside her... napansin nyang may benda na ang kamay nito...at may dala din itong jacket.

"So, like humans..like us.. you're also capable of loving someone.." wika nito.

"I love my son... of course I'm capable of loving someone."

"Yeah.. you also think you love Jayden."

Cassandra glared at him.. but she saw the strong look from his eyes softened..

"Once...naramdaman kong nagmahal ako... but unfortunately I can't remember when..how and with whom.. It's like...a dream.. Parang napanaginipan ko lang ang pakiramdam na yon and when I woke up.. hindi ko na ulit matandaan."

She stilled at his words at iniiwas ang tingin dito, "I am not having this conversation with you."

        Nagitla sya ng maramdamang isinusuot na nito ang jacket sa kanya.

"Lumalabas ka ng masyadong manipis ang damit... hindi kaya sipunin ka?"

"E ano naman sayo?"mataray na tanong nya, pinipilit takpan ang gumuguhong pader sa puso nya.

"So you think I would care eh?"

"Eh bakit nagtatanong ka kung wala ka palang pakialam—"

"Don't worry," he smiled, "igagawa na lang din kita ng kalamansi juice."

"Hindi ko kailangan ng kalamansi juice mo dahil hindi naman ako nagkakasakit. Isa pa, bakit hindi ka pa naghahanda sa pag-alis mo?"

"Can't I have at least a nice peaceful breakfast with the Queen?"

"Bastard," she muttered.

"Is that a yes?"

"Bakit hindi mo na lang balikan ang girlfriend mo? Baka hindi pa sya makatulog."

"She can manage."

"Like I can manage..alone.."

"You don't look like you can manage. You look young to wander alone."

"Idiot. I'm stuck at 19."

Ngumisi lang ito, "Alam ko. Pero kailangan mo pa din lagi ng escort... at mukhang mahimbing ang tulog ni Jayden at nahayaan ka nyang kasama ako."

"You keep on mentioning Jayden... don't tell me... you like him? Hunter, are you gay? Baka naman kaya ayaw mong patulan si Veronica."

He then give her his evil smile.

             She caught her breath when Dylan kissed her. Her first reaction is to move away and pushed his chest but suddenly he's gripping her head against him deepening the kiss. All of her self control melted as he kissed her more... She's now clutching his shirt kissing him back... crushing her lips against him...and how she missed him badly...desperately..

            When a wolf howl...doon lang silang dalawa natauhan.. Dylan slowly loosened his grip...and she also step back a little.. trying to regain her composure...

"So, Vampire, do you think I'm gay?"

Cassandra chuckled, "Not at all, hunter. Not at all..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1M 543K 37
"Do you want to be his favorite obsession?" DAHIL sa isang trahedya, ikinubli ni Virgo ang kagandahang taglay. Itinago niya iyon sa pamamagitan ng pa...
4.9M 341K 54
Jewella Leticia is not just the Goddess of the Moon, but the new Queen of Parsua Sartorias. *** For Leticia, being honored as the queen and goddess o...
157K 4.5K 62
EMPIRE SERIES 2 Cana Annalis Smith- isang achelogist student at mahilig magbasa ng kasaysayan ng kanilang bansa at ng dati nitong emperyo. Nahumaling...
3.4M 133K 23
What would you do if you wake up one day and find yourself in a different body? [Completed]