Sincere

By darealkp

Your trust? It's deep, it's clear. Your hope? Look at it, we're still here. Your heart? I got it, no need t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Author's Note
Sin City (Book 2)

Chapter 32

11.8K 491 102
By darealkp

Deandre Martin

I could feel the burn in my arms as I went into my fifth set of push ups within the past hours. Being cooped up in this cell only gave me the option of keeping myself in shape and being sure to always look over my shoulder. As of the moment, only the clique knows that I'm locked up, that's including Breanna and Juliana. Last thing I needed were my elders finding out about my inconvenience, so they're convinced that I'm back handling some business in Cali.

My story was plain and simple when the police tackled me down outside of Sincere's house. The last thing I needed was my shorty going to jail, and being the type of nigga I am, I'll do anything for the girl I love. The questioning was happening on the daily and I couldn't keep the pigs out of my face. Due to how dangerous they swore I was, they threatening to transport me out of the county jail if I didn't speak up, and since I couldn't post bail, shit was looking bad for me. Sincere offered to come see me, but them detectives always had some other shit in mind. I honestly didn't want her to see me like this, but she couldn't either way it went because they revoked my visitation opportunities until I can give them the "deeper aspects" of the case. I didn't have the freedom of everyone else, I was on lock down for twenty three hours of the day, only getting an hour in the recreation area by my lonesome. It was something completely off about my case, but I wouldn't know the accusations until I can get the pigs to talk.  The questioning I'm called in for daily is something abnormal. The investigation seems to run deeper than the story I'm providing them with.

My push ups on the dirty ass floors of the cells came to a halt, and I was soon to go into some sit ups but was rudely interrupted. The buzzer went off and I rose an eyebrow as my door opened and two of the police officers were standing with cuffs. I knew the procedure all to well as I turned around, allowing them to handcuff my wrists and shackle my feet. The orange jumpsuit and the jail slides made me feel uncomfortable as fuck. I was a criminal, no doubt, but I wasn't no killer. This shit classified me as something different.

"Let's go inmate.", one of them said, smiling at me as his yellow ass teeth became visible. I sucked my teeth as his corny ass before blowing out a slightly exaggerated sigh. The people that work in these cell blocks always tried to punk a nigga.

Following one of them down the hall as the other walked behind me, I took the usual route to the investigation room. There was the usual cat and mouse game of the good cop, bad cop ordeal, but when I stepped in this room, all that shit went out the window. The usual procedure was no longer the case as I walked into the room, seeing detectives that I wasn't familiar with. The cell block officers sat me in the chair on the opposite end of the table before leaving me with these unfamiliar faces. The shit made me uncomfortable, and I wasn't feeling all of this. I made my claim, and I don't plan on giving them shit until I have my lawyer on stand by, which Choppy is currently getting situated before it's time for my court date next week.

"Hello Mr. Martin, allow me to introduce myself.", a middle aged woman within a pants suit smiled at me, being the first to speak out of her and her male counterpart. "My name is Trisha Marks, and I'm here to not only help the good people of Miami, but I'm here to help you."

"I don't need your help ma. I got 'dis shit and I damn sure don't want no help from the opps. I'm good off allat' shit.", I said, simply shutting her down. Last thing I need is a bitch and a hoe ass nigga trying to get all up in my head. My mind is already set on how I plan to handle this case.

"Allow me to finish, see Mr. Martin, with the way your case is set up, I'm really your only option.", she smiled, taking a seat within the chair in front of me. She placed the manilla folder in front of her and began opening it, pulling out a few papers as she began to lay them out in front of me. Many of them were faces, faces that I found entirely too familiar. Faces that I thought would never be brought up again. Faces that will shed light on all of the darkness I've tried to keep in my past. "This situation is deeper than a little sexual assault shooting and you and I both know this."

She eyed me down as I peered over the pictures with a blank expression. I've been in an interrogation room plenty of times, mainly based off of shit that had nothing to do with me. I never folded on any of my homies back in the day, so I damn sure won't fold on myself. I'll play oblivious until I can't anymore, or until they have all the proof they need to send me away forever.

"I'm not understandin'.", I said, tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"Deandre Zavion Martin, born July 4th, 1995. Your mother is Ms. Gina May Martin. Father Mr. Zuric Gregory Lewis. You may not understand what I'm hinting at Mr. Martin, but I know you like the back of my hand. Reading over your case, I was truly fascinated on how you came here on a very simple, self defense charge, but actually caused yourself to fall victim to the system. Your juvenile record is long, and it's filled with things that could've put you behind bars for the rest of your life, but there is also a substantial amount of allegations here that I personally believe is just fuel to the fire. I'm not here for my health Deandre, I'm here to save your ass. Now, shall we talk business?", she asked, laying out the issues for me.

I didn't take to kindly to her approach, I have my own lawyer and she's damn sure one of the best, but this lady was talking big. I'm interested in what she knows before I decide to make any real decisions. I'll pay her the money just to get some information, but it's no promises that I'll let her in.

"How did you even find out about me?", I asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"That's classified information Mr. Martin. I didn't come here to be interrogated, I'm not the one in chains.", she said, leaving me with a blank expression. The nigga that stood to her right just looked between the two of us as if he could sense the tension within the room. I'm not feeling shit she talking about right now, but I'll play along just to be aware of all this other shit they trying to throw on my name. "Your options are simple, you can either allow me to assist you throughout this case, or you can continue to play victim behind those cell bars. The decision is yours. I'll give you twenty four hours to make a choice. Think wisely and you have a blessed day."

She gathered the things off of the table and rose, preparing to exit. The trick was for me to stop her and take her offer, but she must be stupid if she thinks I'm going to just give in off temptation. It's not like she throwing me no real offers of how to be a free man, she just offering me her help. Shaking my head, I watched as the man left behind her, leaving me to wait as the guards came to take me back into the cel blocks. This was the last place I could see myself within a long run because I move so smooth, but I'll do anything to protect my love and that's evident. Hopefully I'll be out of here before she gives birth to our child.

"We're taking you to the recreational area Martin. You got thirty minutes, you know the procedure.", the guards who came to assist me began leading me further down the halls, unlocking doors along the way. The recreational area was not some shit I enjoyed like the rest of the niggas locked up in here. The shit was pointless because despite the thirty minutes, you're only allowed five minutes on the phone. Majority of the time, it's some gang related violence type shit going on, and them niggas love looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. Everybody just really got me fucked up in here.

The walk to the recreational area was quick, and the first thing I could do was go to the first open phone booth and occupy it. Grabbing the phone, I dialed Sincere's number and waited patiently for her to answer. Within a matter of a few rings, she answered and it felt like my heart jumped hearing her voice on the other line.

"Hello?", she answered with that calm voice that always managed to make a smirk form on my face.

"Hey baby.", I spoke into the phone, licking my lips at the thought of the smile I knew was forming upon her face.

"Hey, how are you?", she asked, her voice just as calm as before. I know me being in here is taking a toll on her and our family, but it's more to this than just the emotional perspective. The last thing I need is her in here with these crazy ass broads, pregnant and going through everything alone. I couldn't live with myself knowing she's in here.

"I'm good baby. The question is, how are you? How's Jayceon and Kaylani? Did you find out the gender of the baby?", of course I was badgering her with questions, but it's so much I'm missing in here. I'd like to be filled in on everything with the outside world.

"I'm good. Our baby girl has been mo-"

"Baby girl? Bae, you serious?", I asked, cutting her off as a smile formed upon my face.

"Yes love, we're having a girl.", she said and I could just tell by the excitement in her voice that she was happy. Our situation is real fucked up, but I love this girl and I know we'll get through whatever. This was meant to be and I'm not letting her go for nothing.

"Damn, did you tell everyone yet?", I asked, smiling to myself at the fact that I'll have a little girl roaming around soon.

"Just the clique know, but I plan on telling the elders later in time. I also called my sisters up north to let them know the news. They should be coming down in two months for Jayceon and I's graduations.", she said.

"Aight, good shit. Jayceon good? I know Choppy been telling me that he's been a little off lately.", I said, lowering my head a little.

"Yeah, he misses you more than Kaylani do. He's having a hard time with sorting through his college options because he didn't get an offer from Charlotte. He's really upset about it because that's where he wanted to go. I told him I can't make the decision for him, but he's really beating himself up about it. He's going to be fine wherever he goes, but I just hate to see him so sprung out.", she said.

"Next time you come up here to put money on my books, leave his number for the lady at the front, along with my name. I'll call him when I can.", I said, thinking about everyone on the outside. Not being able to be there for my family is one of the hardest things about this situation, but honestly, it feels damn good to not have to deal with India ass while I'm in here.

"You have one minute.", the automated voice came throughout the call, leaving me to sigh in aggravation.

"Well, looks like it's time for you to go.", Sincere states sadly over the phone call.

"Yeah, you know how that go, but I love you baby, take care of our baby girl and don't forget to continue prepping for the baby shower.", I said, clearly.

"I love you too Dre, and please be careful while you're in there. I have someone investigating your case as of the moment, she's doing some work and she's linking with some people. Don't talk to anyone yet, but just know I'm working on getting you out of there. I also stopped by the club today to make sure everything was running smoothly. Bre has also confirmed that she wants me to manage a beauty supply and clothing store she's opening here.", she said, throwing everything in last minute.

"That's great baby, hold it down, aight?"

"Always.", she said, just as the call ended.

I placed the phone upon the hook and thought about everything she'd told me. It's really dawning on me that I'll be a father soon, and I'll be having a baby girl at that. The thoughts of having a daughter honestly scares me, and I'm a type of nigga that doesn't have much of a fear to anything. I've been looking forward to the birth of my child, but I couldn't forgive myself if I miss the birth of my daughter. She's going to be my heart, and I promise to love and care for her no matter what. I plan to put her before anything and anybody, she's going to be the reflection of me, right along with her mother.

The remainder of my time spent within the recreational area, I couldn't do anything but think about the lady who come to discuss my case. I'm not fascinated about the fact that she knows so much about me, but it's the information she's given me that had me at a lost for words. The pictures she provided were pictures of some of my homeboys from back in the day, back when I was just a corner boy, moving weight, trying to get in with some connects to spark my own empire. Most of them are dead, but I don't have anything to do with any of their deaths. We were all in the same game, we just all played it different. I'm better words, I played my cards better and I definitely had God on my side because I was supposed to have been dead by now. What I'm not understanding about the situation is that of all people, why are they trying to pin the murders upon me? Around the time most of these niggas died, I was in California, moving weight.

The thoughts weighed heavy upon my mind, up until it was time to head back into my cell block. Of course, they kept me segregated so I always had a special set of officer's to take me back to my cell. To my surprise, when I arrived to my cell, the shit wasn't empty and it was a whole older ass nigga sitting on my bottom bunk.

"Inmate, meet inmate.", one of the officers said before unlocking my hand cuffs. He sent a forceful push to my back, knocking me into the cell before securely locking the bars behind me. With that, the two officers were gone and I was here with this random ass old nigga.

Raising an eyebrow suddenly, it was evident that the nigga didn't even admire the fact that I was here, standing in front of him. He just laid back on the bed, grabbing a book from underneath before he started reading. Blowing a sigh, I stepped a little closer to him before going to he ladder side of the bunk bed, climbing up to the top. I'm too damn long for this shit, but it'll have to do for right now.

"I don't appreciate you takin' my bunk G.", I said, trying to lighten the mood of the room. He was quiet, too quiet, and those usually were the craziest ones. I had to keep my composure and keep even ground with him before I fuck around and get killed in this bitch. I got a little girl on the way and I want to be there for her.

"I don't really give a fuck young blood. I'm too damn old to be climbin' a fuckin' ladder.", he said.

"What you readin'?", I asked, slightly hanging my upper body from the top bunk. Might as well enjoy the company since I don't interact with anyone else in this bitch.

"This book my juvy sent me from up nawf'. I don't know what 'dis shit called.", he said, causing me to crack a laugh.

"Yo' juvy? Nigga what you mean yo' juvy?", I asked, causing him to look up at me with a smirk.

"My juvy nigga. My ol' lady.", he said, causing me to laugh again. I like this old ass nigga already.

"Nigga, ain't you pushin' like eighty sumn', what you mean you got a juvy?", I asked, causing him to give a humorous straight face. I laughed even harder as he gave me that dull ass look.

"I'm fifty - two.", he said, as I shook my head in humor. At least it's good to know his old ass got somebody holding him down while he in here.

"How long you been in the pin?", I asked, he seemed like he could do no wrong.

"It's been some years now. I can't even give you the exact amount. I've been switched between so many prisons because to this day, they still investigatin' my case.", he responded. Last thing I want is to end up in his predicament where I'm in here for damn near the rest of my life, meanwhile they're still trying to get my case evaluated.

"Same, I came here on one thing and it seem like they tryna' pin all kinds a shit onna' nigga.", I said, blowing out a small sigh. Last place I thought I would be is here, especially now that my situation at home is stronger and better. Shit really just not making sense to me. A nigga can never win.

"Why you in hea'? They only put murderers on 'dis side of the prison. You had to do some exotic shit. Ain't 'dat the word y'all young people usin' now and days? Exotic?", he asked, causing me to laugh again.

"Sumn' like 'dat, but nah, basically, my shorty got into a situation where a nigga was tryin' to take advantage of her and she pulled the trigger on his ass. Ion' know if he dead or alive, but I took the bid for her. She pregnant wit' my lil' girl and I couldn't let ha' come in hea' like that. We got a whole family, and she 'bout to graduate from college, I jus' wanna' see ha' he successful. I know no matta' wea' I'm at, she gon' hold it down and continue to keep 'da money rollin' in. I know she got me even if nobody else do.", I said, explaining the whole situation to him. I miss Sincere more than anything in this world and no matter how many bitches try to come between us, that girl will forever be my heart. I ain't never been in love, but I can't see myself being with nobody but her. She the reason my world go round, especially since she got my baby girl.

"Damn, so you ain' really do shit wrong, you was jus' tryin' to be a good man to ya' girl. Ion' see shit wrong wit' it. I salute you young blood. If you get a good lawyer, you'll be outta' hea' in no time.", he said. "And I see yo' sap ass up dea' smilin', this must be yo' first baby?"

"Yeah mane. This lil' girl 'bout to drive my ass crazy.", I said, thinking my head thinking about her.

"Yeah, I rememba' when I had my first girl. She was my heart, that little girl made my world jus'  one hunnit' times better. I had a bond wit' my daughta' unlike any other. I couldn't give her the sun and the moon, but I damn sure made sure her head was on right. Made sure she was a hustla'."

"Shit, I hope I can get mine like that. If she got any of her mama in her, she'll be straight because my baby ain' nothin' but a hustler. She all about her money and all about progression. That's what I like about her the most. Even befo' I came into the picture, she had it all goin' on.", I said, thinking about my wife.

"Make sure you hold on to her, she sound like she a boss."

"She is, my boss lady. She gon' hold it down.", I said, smirking.

"Sap as fuck.", he said, before we both burst into laughter.

•••
My phone has been really doing the dummy with this app. As you all can see, I can't even move the text to one side of the screen. On a better note, this was something light and just an early thanksgiving present to you all. How are y'all feeling? 🤔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 217 32
I told him what I thought I would never tell anyone. He knew I was a liar. So why did he care? I knew he would lie for me if he had to But how could...
23 0 8
"if honesty means telling you the truth. well, i'm still in love with you" SteveXOC JonathanXOC LucasXOC
2.9K 246 45
Love; such intimate, affectionate feeling, capable of filling the coldest hearts with warmth. None has ever been able to measure the amount a person...
464K 17.4K 50
π™Όπš’ πš πš˜πš›πš”πšœ #𝟷 // β₯ Have you ever did something you so deeply regret but can't take it back? Well that's what Jaiden did. After making a bet on...