The Friendzoned Husband

By Harshimusle22

"Are you trying to tell me that she may never accept you as her husband?" asked a furious Anirudh. Amar chuck... More

Chapter 1 - Characters
Chapter 2 - Meet Ms. Vennela Dhanunjaya
Chapter 3 - Vennela's family
Chapter 4 - The Local Bachelor trip
Chapter 5 - Family blames Vennela
Chapter 6 - Shambhavi's fury
Chapter 7- The first meeting
Chapter 8 - The Wedding
Chapter 10 - The stroll in the garden
Chapter 11 - Anirudh learns the truth
Chapter 12 - A Heartbroken Amar
Chapter 13 - Mission IV
Chapter 14 - The boys challenge Amar
Chapter 15 - Mission KVPN
Chapter 16 - Amar-Vennela team up
Chapter 17 - Bunty and Vennela
Chapter 18 - Who is the strongest?
Chapter 19 - Amar goes missing
Chapter 20 - Janaki's advice to Vennela
Chapter 21 - Anirudh is back
Chapter 22 - Sleepless Nights
Chapter 23 - Never have I ever
Chapter 24 - Frozen heart
Chapter 25 - Forgive and Forget
Chapter 26 - The storeroom
Chapter 27 - Insecurities
Chapter 28 - Amar disowns Vennela
Chapter 29 - Please don't go away
Chapter 30 - Amar-Vennela bury the hatchet
Chapter 31 - Dependent Wife?
Chapter 32 - Mission Bring Vennela Back
Chapter 33 - Friendzoned again
Chapter 34 - Vennela flirts with Amar
Chapter 35 - The Kerala trip
Chapter 36 - Love after marriage
Chapter 37 - Lasya sees the painting
Chapter 38 - The Art Exhibition
Chapter 39 - Amar feels jealous
Chapter 40 - Bunty is back
Fun Interview with characters
Chapter 41 - Kindness is strength
Chapter 42 - Businessperson of the year
Chapter 43 - Holiday
Chapter 44 - The play
Chapter 45 - Vennela's first love
Chapter 46 - Nothing much...I Love You
Chapter 47 - The Proposal
Chapter 48 - The secret meeting
Chapter 49 - Punished for crime never committed
Chapter 50 - Amar Pratap's demand
Chapter 51 - The patch up
Chapter 52 - The Date
Chapter 53 - You are my king
Chapter 54 - Amar weds Vennela
Epilogue
Thank You
New Story Alert
New Story Excerpt!!
Bonus Chapter 1 - Amar's Birthday

Chapter 9 - One big happy family

14.5K 978 47
By Harshimusle22

Telugu words in the chapter: Attayya = mother-in-law ; Satyanarayana Vratam = a pooja to please Lord Satyanarayana, newly-weds in Telugu families are advised to perform this pooja.

---***---

"You look ill. Let me check your temperature" Shruthi was worried for Vennela. The newly-weds were having their lunch.

"Not now, Shruthi." Vennela whispered. She didn't want to make a scene in front of everyone.

"Then promise me you will take medicines after reaching your in-laws' home." Shruthi requested her. She nodded in reply.

A few hours passed. After all the guests have congratulated the couple, it was time for Vennela to leave with her husband to her new home. The elders blessed her. She tried hard to control her emotions. But the tears won't stop.

"Take care of our sister. If you hurt her, you will have to answer to her bodyguard brothers." Rishi-Raj flexed their muscles and warned Amar.

"I promise the muscular bodyguards of my wife that I'll never hurt her." Amar answered.

Vennela smiled weakly. She hugged Rishi-Raj. "Keep smiling akka" said Rishi. "You are not alone. We are with you." Raj added.

Finally, when it was Shruthi's turn, everyone was surprised to see her not crying for her Vennu akka. Though Shruthi was distressed she decided to appear cheerful because she knew Vennela derived strength from her. "It's not goodbye. We'll meet regularly" she assured Vennela.

Amar sat next to her in the car. He didn't know how to console her. He offered her water "Please drink it." "No, thank you" she replied and turned away. He had no choice but to look at her weep. He was relieved when they finally reached their home and she stopped crying.

The Devaraju family welcomed their daughter-in-law. Shambhavi made sure that they followed all the traditions. It was 5 pm when she asked Archana to take Vennela to her room. A few noisy teenage girls accompanied them.

They started irritating her with questions. "Vadina, tell us how you felt when you met Amar anna for the first time? What do you like about him?..."

"She's tired. Let her rest for a while" said Archana. But they ignored her. Vennela struggled to answer them.

"Hey girls. Who won the selfie contest?" Anirudh entered the room.

"What selfie contest?" they asked.

"You didn't know this? How come you girls haven't been informed? My mother announced this two days ago. The best three selfies taken during the wedding will earn a special mention in our company's official twitter handle along with cash prize." Anirudh lied.

The girls rushed out of the room to show their selfies to Shambhavi.

"Thank you anna. I didn't know how to handle them" said Archana.

"You just need to know what to speak and when to speak" he told her.

"Don't copy Amar anna's dialogues" said Archana.

Vennela smiled for the first time since she entered the house.

"Vadina, I brought medicines for you. You've got fever." Anirudh gave her the medicines.

"How did you know?" asked Vennela.

"Amar anna told me. He overheard Shruthi talking to you this afternoon. He is not allowed to enter your room today. So, he sent medicines." Anirudh explained.

"Thank you so much." Vennela thanked Anirudh and Archana.

"We take your leave. Sleep for a few hours. I'll wake you up for dinner" said Archana.

"Don't hesitate to call us if you need something" said Anirudh. He left with his sister.

Vennela changed into a comfortable cotton saree and slept for two hours. She woke up at 7.30 pm. The fever hasn't subsided despite the medicines. She was hungry. But she wasn't sure whom to ask where the dining hall was. 'They would think I'm a glutton' .

"You woke up?" Shambhavi entered her room. She smiled at Vennela as if everything was fine between them.

"Yes Attayya garu." Vennela answered.

"This is Janaki Devi. Amar's maternal grandmother" said Shambhavi pointing at an elderly woman. Vennela touched her feet and took her blessings. Janaki made Vennela sit beside her on the couch. Shambhavi continued, "Amar's mother Radhika, is her firstborn. It was me who suggested Radhika's name for Bharat's younger brother. She is my distant relative. Radhika's paternal grandfather is my grandpa's --"

"Skip the family tree Shambhavi. It's so boring" said Janaki. Vennela tried hard not to laugh. Shambhavi looked as if she's been slapped.

"I would like to talk to her alone" said Janaki. Shambhavi nodded and left.

"How are you feeling my child? You look ill." Janaki caressed Vennela's forehead affectionately.

"I'll be fine grandma. I am just exhausted." Vennela pretended as if everything was normal.

"I can see the pain in your eyes though you try to hide it. It's one of the advantages of growing old," said Janaki. Vennela lowered her head. "I don't know what compelled you to take this decision. But I can understand your grief. You must be feeling suffocated. It's okay to be scared. What I would like to tell you is that this stage is not permanent. You will find happiness again. I'm sure you will. My grandson, your husband, will stand by you always."

Vennela smiled at her. "Thank you, Grandma."

"Come, let's go for dinner."

She was led to a dining hall with a luxurious dining table that could seat 20 people. She sat beside Amar. She was served a variety of Indian delicacies. But owing to her ill health she couldn't eat anything properly.

"You need to eat Vennela. You have to take care of yourself. We have Satyanarayana Vratam tomorrow." Shambhavi informed.

"I think she's got fever. Let me check her temperature" said one of the guests who was a doctor by profession. A servant brought a thermometer.

"102 degrees!" He exclaimed. "I'll give you a few medicines. Don't strain yourself. You need to take rest for at least a day."

"A full day? No. Give her any powerful medicine. Maybe an antibiotic injection. She should recover by tomorrow morning." Shambhavi requested him.

"No. Giving antibiotics is not the solution to everything. They are used in serious cases. Why use it when her fever can be treated by normal medicines?" The doctor told her.

"But we have sent the invites to all the guests. We can't postpone the Vratam." said Shambhavi. Vennela wished someone would make Shambhavi change her decision. She was too tired to say anything. She didn't have the strength to argue.

"Aunty, please call all the invitees personally and inform them about the change in schedule." Amar told her.

"But Amar--"

"No aunty. I don't want my wife to get strained because of the pooja. It can wait." He said firmly. Vennela looked at him with mild admiration.

"Amar is right Shambhavi. Our child's health is more important than pleasing the guests" said Janaki.

"I agree with Janaki amma. Let's postpone it." Bharat supported Amar.

Shambhavi was clearly outnumbered. "Fine. If you all want me to postpone it, then so be it."

When everyone finished the dinner, Vennela stood up to leave. She walked till the door when she heard her husband call her. "Vennela garu. One moment please." She turned around. "You have to take medicines every six hours. It's 8.30 pm now. So, the next dose should be taken at 2.30 am. I'm not allowed inside your room until the pooja is over. So, I'll send Archana."

"Thank you, Amar sir."

Amar looked at his wife who was now climbing the stairs to get to her room. 'Sir? Why did she call me sir?' he wondered.

---***---

"Vadina, I brought fruits for you. Please have them" said Anirudh.

"Now?" Vennela was not in a mood to eat anything.

"Yes, now. Amar anna noticed that you didn't eat properly. So, he sent you your favourite pine apple slices sprinkled with salt and chilli powder. Just the way you like it."

Vennela's mouth watered on seeing the pine apple slices. "How did he know?"

"He called Rishi-Raj this afternoon to know your likes and dislikes." Anirudh answered.

"Please thank him on behalf of me." She took the plate. Anirudh bowed to her and left.

She thought about Amar as she ate the fruit. 'It's not as bad as I thought it would be. He understands my needs without me telling him anything.'

---***---

Please comment your views.

And don't forget to vote. Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 813 31
"Why don't we take a vacation ?" she asked. Without knowing the trouble they are going to face everyone is packing for the vacation happily. "Baby, I...
646K 33.7K 105
Highest Rank: #25 in Fanfiction #31 in Romance WHEN MR.RUDE MEETS MS.LOVE He doesn't believe in Love and Marriage. He...
1.9M 89.8K 138
Note : VERY FIRST BOOK OF MINE WITH LOTS OF GRAMMAR MISTAKE AND SPELLING MISTAKE. UNEDITED Nivedhitha is a fun going, lovely , chubby girl who doesn...