Chapter 11 - Anirudh learns the truth

Pronunciation of Vennela : It has 3 syllables as given below,

Ven(when)-ne(not ni)-la 

It's an uncommon Telugu name which means moonlight. 

---***---

"Vennela wake up. It's 5.30." Shambhavi woke her up.

"But the Vratam starts at 10 am." Vennela said groggily.

"You need at least 2 hours to get ready. Now get up and brush your teeth. Where's your toothbrush?" Shambhavi searched for Vennela's toothbrush in her bag. Archana smiled at her apologetically before turning to her mother, "Amma, let her sleep. She doesn't need 2 hours to get ready. She is a natural beauty."

"She is. But we'll be posting the pictures on social media. Everything should be maintained as per Devaraju family standards" said Shambhavi firmly.

Vennela wondered if the woman thought of anything other than Devaraju family's reputation. She got up from the bed yawning and started brushing her teeth.

---***---

"Rudy let me go. I have to take bath." Amar requested. 

"No. You have to tell me everything. You seem to be gloomy and sad since your return from the walk. What happened in the garden?" Anirudh was blocking the entrance to the bathroom.

"I told you. It's nothing. Move aside now."

"If you don't tell me, I won't let you in." Anirudh said firmly.

"Fine. This is not the only bathroom in the house. I'll take bath in some other room" said Amar and walked towards the door to exit the room but Anirudh was faster. Now he was blocking the main door of the bedroom.

"I won't let you go until you tell me everything." Anirudh was panting.

"Rudy, at times you forget that you are my brother and start behaving like a typical Indian girlfriend. Alright, I will tell you. But close the door."

They sat down on the floor. Amar told him everything that happened the previous day. "She was disheartened because of me. She left before I could console her."

"Seeing Lasya's name must have saddened her. Can't blame her. I would feel jealous too if I were her" said Anirudh.

"It didn't look like jealousy. It was something else. There is something more to it. I can feel it when she talks to me. Like she's going through a lot of pain and is trying to hide it from me." 

"You are overthinking. It's nothing. She just needs to get used to the idea of being your wife. Once the initial shock wears off, she will be fine." Anirudh spoke thoughtfully.

"Let's hope so" said Amar who was still unconvinced.

"Now go and get ready. I have a lot of work." Anirudh left. 

He was supervising the arrangements when Shruthi arrived with Rishi-Raj. The twins were arguing with her. "Why did you write your name first on the card?" Raj questioned her. "Our names come first according to alphabetical order"said Rishi. 

"Hello Shruthi. Hi boys. What are you arguing about?" asked Anirudh.

"We brought the newly-weds a beautiful gift. I've written my name first on the card because I'm the elder one. They want their names written before mine." Shruthi pointed at the twins.

"A gift? Where is it?" Anirudh couldn't find any gift in their hands.

"We have parked it outside. It's a vintage car. Vennu akka has a thing for vintage vehicles" said Shruthi.