Chapter 51 - The patch up

"You said your aunt has changed. She hasn't changed a bit. She bought the eleven percent shares from my uncle in retribution to what I asked from her son. I was right. She is ruthless and aggressive." Prakash fumed at Amar. Both the families met to discuss what happens next.

"You do realise that you are shouting at my nephew for no fault of his?" asked Shambhavi.

Prakash realised what he was doing. "I didn't mean to." He said awkwardly. "But you proved me right. You cannot be trusted." He spoke to Shambhavi angrily.

"That man offered to sell them to me. I accepted the offer. Where does the question of distrust come from?" Shambhavi asked him.

"You did it for vengeance" said Prakash. "Now you have a say in all my company's decisions. You own eleven percent shares." He said bitterly.

"Not me Mr. Dhanunjaya. Your niece owns eleven percent shares" said Shambhavi shocking everyone.

"What are you saying?" asked Vennela.

"I didn't do it out of hatred. I did it for you Vennela. I knew Narayana garu was trying to buy it himself. But his brother was blinded by hatred. He wanted to sell it to an outsider. I approached him and told him how much I hate the Dhanunjaya family. He was foolish enough to believe that. Now I return the eleven percent shares to you. That way they would remain in your family. And now everyone can concentrate on your wedding without any distractions. You deserve a happy wedding." Shambhavi told Vennela.

"I don't know what to say" said Amar.

"Then say that you have forgiven me. I didn't do it for the Dhanunjayas. I did it for you and Vennela. I want my nephew back." Shambhavi held Amar's hand.

"There is nothing to forgive aunty" Amar squeezed her hand.

"Don't look at me like that Mr. Prakash. I'm still the same ruthless Shambhavi. I don't care about your company. It's just that my love for Amar and Vennela outweighed my anger for you" said Shambhavi.

"I might have, er, misunderstood you. I am sorry" said Prakash.

"Yes. You are sorry. Now that she has given you what you value the most, you definitely are sorry. You disgust me" said Lasya.

"Keep your mouth shut Lasya." Prakash ordered.

"Why should she? She has told the truth. The only thing you value is money." Vennela supported Lasya. "You sold your niece for a business deal."

Prakash looked as if he has been slapped.

"You refused to give Surya bava a chance because he wasn't rich enough for you. You forced me to marry Amar because you were more worried about the stock prices than me. Now you are willing to apologize to a woman who threatened to send you to prison because she helped you retain your money. You disgust me." Vennela held Lasya's hand. They both gave Prakash a furious look.

Amar asked Vennela to calm down. "Uncle, you were so worried about these shares that you didn't even notice that Shruthi has been missing since morning."

"What! Where is she?" asked Prakash.

"She said she doesn't want to go home. I begged her not to do anything stupid. Right now she is in our penthouse. The twins are with her" said Amar.

Prakash and Nanditha rushed to meet Shruthi. They came back two hours later. "Call Anirudh. Tell him I request him to come here."

Amar did as told. Anirudh came to meet them.

"Anirudh, I am sorry. It was very selfish of me to ask you to leave the city and go somewhere else. I free you from the promise. Please attend your brother's marriage." Prakash requested Anirudh, who nodded immediately as if waiting for that word.