Chapter 23 - Never have I ever

"So, there is a traitor in Amar's team passing on the information to an upcoming company?" Vennela sounded angry. She would have forgiven if someone deceived her. But, she wouldn't tolerate if her husband suffers. She vowed to shield him from all his problems be it small, big or extremely dangerous.

"Yes vadina. We may lose the next contract if we don't act now." Anirudh urged Amar to prepare a new formal tender himself. He suspected the old tender has been disclosed to some other company.

"Relax Anirudh. All the members of my team are honest." Amar always trusted his employees. "Besides, the last time I worked on tenders and stuff was five years ago. My assistants usually work on it."

"Amar, stop being lazy. Just because this is a small contract doesn't mean that we should ignore it," said Vennela. "The last date for submission is tomorrow. So, work on it now. After we get the contract we'll investigate and find out who the traitor is."

Amar stayed up all night, working. Vennela helped him. She didn't want to see her husband losing. 'I won't spare the person who tried to deceive my Amar.' She decided to expose the traitor. 

They finished the work. "You're very efficient. Ever considered working for me?" Amar asked her.

"Are you offering me a job in your team?" Vennela didn't expect this.

"Maybe I am. I've gone through your profile. It's really good. If you are interested just tell me. You just need to clear two small interviews with one of my assistants and my manager Karthik." Amar told her what kind of work was expected of her.

She liked the job description."Only if you promise me that I won't be given any special treatment." Amar promised her and slept.

A week later when Vennela had to attend the second interview, he was tensed and worried for her. "I hope she would clear the interview with Karthik."

"Shall I tell him to ask her easy questions?" Anirudh offered.

"No. I never mix up work and personal life. Tell me. What happened to the contract?" asked Amar.

"You don't know this? We got the contract. Now we're concentrating on catching the culprit. We have three suspects." Anirudh shared the plan with him. "Vadina came up with this brilliant plan. Because the company the traitor has been helping has lost the contract, they will be mad at him/ her for passing on wrong information. Our plan is simple. We will fit cameras in the suspects' cabins."

"But, cameras are not allowed anywhere near the computers. They can be placed only in the corridors. It's the company's policy." Amar interrupted.

"Oh, God. Why are you so insistent on following the rules? She is doing this for you. Don't ruin her plan. We will send a flower bouquet to all the three along with a note which would read 'You ruined our plan of getting the contract. Now you have to pay the price.' The culprit will think it is from the other company and try to hide it so that no one will see it. The other two, who have nothing to be scared of, will report it to the duty manager." Anirudh looked smug.

"Excellent" Amar liked the plan of action. "Implement it right away."

"Shruthi has to bring the flowers. Let me call her." Anirudh called Shruthi. "Where are you?"

"I'm looking for Tulips. They are my favourites. Can't find them anywhere." Shruthi replied.

Anirudh rolled his eyes. "Are you planning to propose to the traitor? Bring whatever you find."

When she finally reached the office, they were surprised to see three bouquets of red roses. They burst out laughing. Anirudh wrote the message and placed them in the suspects' cabins.