Chapter 53 - You are my king

"Hello Praveen. Come and join me. The boys will be here soon." Bharat invited Praveen.

"Thank you. Is that a drink? Make one for me too before the kids come." Praveen asked Bharat.

"Sure." Bharat offered him the glass. "You are very different from your brother."

They emptied their glasses in a go and repeated it. "My nephew doesn't let me drink. But this is his Bachelor party. I will drink to my heart's content."

"Right" said Praveen.

They were enjoying when they heard voices coming from outside. "You didn't take us with you on your bachelor trip. We hate you" said Raj

"You took Surya bava. He is not even a bachelor." Rishi complained.

"They are my kids" said Praveen. "They are not supposed to be here before 7 pm."

"You are not eighteen yet" said Amar. "We will go when it is Rudy's turn."

"Sure. We'll go to Vegas. The girls told me it was absolutely delightful" said Anirudh.

"Those are mine" said Bharat. "Quick, hide the bottles."

"Uncle, you are already here? Good. Let's wait for Surya then" said Amar.

"Surya? You mean Sun God? The sun rises in the morning Amar" said Bharat.

Amar eyed Bharat suspiciously. "You two are drunk. Aren't you?"

"No. Divya doesn't let me drink" said Praveen.

"I believe our mother's name is Vidya" said Raj.

"Oh! Okay" Praveen grinned.

"So called responsible elders of our family." Amar muttered.

"Just for a day. We are happy today" said Bharat. Amar sighed. He nodded.

Bharat gave Amar a side hug before he turned to Praveen. "What was I saying? Yes. When Shambhavi's father came, I hid in the water tank. But my great father-in-law caught me. I stood there for hours shivering, trying to explain that I wasn't a thief. That is when Shambhavi came and rescued me. She told him the truth. Very brave woman she is. Very brave."

Praveen and the boys clapped their hands.

"Tell me your story" Bharat asked Praveen.

"Vidya is from Kochi. She was Pranav anna's neighbor. She used to babysit Vennela whenever vadina was busy. When I went to stay there for a fortnight, I flirted with her like I did with all the other girls--"

"Wait, you flirted with other girls?" Rishi asked sharply.

"Well, er, you see I was just a boy" Praveen said sheepishly.

"Continue" said Raj.

"She didn't respond. My charms didn't work on her. That is when I understood that she doesn't care about my wealth or good looks. I decided to woo her sincerely. It took me many days before she finally said yes. My cute little Vidya. Eight inches shorter than me. I had to bend a bit in all our photographs." Praveen spoke fondly of Vidya. The boys grinned.

"But she gave me tall kids" Praveen pointed at Rishi-Raj. "My twin boys. The reason my hair is turning grey before forty five."

"Come to think of it, Shambhavi is six inches shorter than me. She is okay with the height difference. She said she can wear high heels without hurting my ego" said Bharat.

"Vennela is just four inches shorter than me. I like it. We both are in first floor. It is convenient for everything this way" said Amar.

"And by everything do you mean..." Anirudh frowned.