Chapter 30 - Amar-Vennela bury the hatchet

Just realized I never introduced myself formally.  Hello everyone, my name is Harshitha Musle. 

---***---

"How are you feeling Vennu?" Prakash caressed her head. She regained consciousness after one and a half day.

Vennela smiled in reply. It was a bit difficult for her to speak. "Feeling good after removing the oxygen mask." She observed everyone's anxious faces. "You know what? At first I thought I woke up after spending years and years in coma. Expected Lasya akka's kids to come running and take my blessings." Everyone laughed except Amar. He was standing in a corner.

"Guess you have been watching lot of movies" said Praveen. "Had this happened in real, it would have been a sensational news." 

Vennela laughed. She felt blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family. 

"Tell me what happened to my left leg? Why am I unable to move it?" Vennela asked them. Everyone stopped smiling.

"Honey, you need to rest. We'll talk later." Nanditha tried to divert her mind.

"No. Tell me. I am strong enough to take it." Vennela was adamant.

Nanditha's eyes were filled with tears again. "Because of the injury, the movement in your left leg is temporarily arrested."

"Temporarily? How long will it take to be normal?" asked Vennela.

"7-8 months. We are lucky it's just a partial damage which can be cured with the help of modern technology." Vidya answered.

"7-8 months?" asked Vennela blankly. She was sad. She wondered how they were so sure about the time. Cases like this took many years. She hoped it can be cured like they claimed.

"Vennu, don't feel bad. Just a few months. You will be normal again. You have faced many problems in your life. But, you fought bravely and emerged victorious. Time to show your bravery once more." Vidya knew exactly what to say to console Vennela.

"Yes. I'm a brave girl. I can wait till my leg gets cured." Vennela decided to stay strong. "Where is Shruthi? Where are Rishi-Raj and Anirudh? And I heard Ragini donated blood. Is that true?"

"They have gone to Hanuman temple to thank him after you gained consciousness. They will be here in an hour. And yes, Ragini donated blood. She rushed to the hospital as soon as she heard the news." Gayatri answered.

"Meenakshi aunty. Please thank her when she returns." Vennela felt bad for shouting at Ragini the previous week.

"I will, honey. She will be back soon. You can talk to her if they allow us to visit you in the evening again." Meenakshi promised her.

The nurse came and asked them to leave. "Your ten minutes are over. Only one of you can stay with her."

"Right. Amar, stay with her." Narayana told Amar before leaving.

Everyone went out leaving Vennela alone with Amar. He slowly walked closer and knelt beside her. "Amar, what are you doing?"

"Apologizing."

"Why should you apologize? It's me who needs to beg you to forgive me after what I've done." Vennela fought back tears.

"No Vennela. This misunderstanding started because of me. I lied to you. I hid the truth even after you repeatedly told me not to hide anything from you. How can I expect you to trust me when I broke my promise? I'm a fool. You were already feeling insecure. You just reacted the way any insecure wife would. But, my reaction landed you in this problem. My lies could have k-killed you." Amar's voice shook.