Things I Hate About Warriors...

By moominshrooms

Most of the earlier chapters in this book do not fit my current beliefs. The revised versions fit better, tho... More

Portraying Mental Illnesses
Grammar and Spelling
Representation of Lgbt+
Unrealistic Names
Writing Canon Characters
Unrealistic Clans
The Portrayal Of Villains
Main Character Always Becomes Leader
Rogues and... what??
Love Triangles +
I Hate You, I Love You..
Forbidden Relationships
Glorifying Powers
Pedophilia
Gender Roles
Smut
ShadowClan is evil!!!1!
Villains With Bad Pasts
Prophecies
Love At First Sight
Bias
Bullying
Permanent Queens? Who?
"You want to be a medicine cat?"
Small Things That Annoy Me
Punishments
Oblivious.
Female Protagonists Personalities
Loves Heals Illness
"Everything is wrong and I'm the only one who knows"
ThunderClan, ThunderClan.
Disabled Cats + Ableism
BloodClan fics
Shipping Ocs With Canon Characters
Insane characters
Short Stories
Representation of Lgbt+ Ⅱ
Cannibalism
Grammar and spelling Ⅱ
Writing Styles
Writing Canon Characters II
The Problem With FanClans
Smut II
Short Stories II
Dumb Character Syndrome
Types of fanfics
Mental Illness ll part 1
You're Writing Shy Characters Wrong
Homophobia in Fics
You aesthetic fuckers
Fucking Moonmoon
Leader's Revelation
Rape Isn't Sexy
AsexualiTEA
Let's Talk About Suicide
Small Things That Annoy Me II
Y'all Need To Behave
Mental illness II
The End

Unrealistic Names Ⅱ

2.2K 83 84
By moominshrooms

I'm sure we can all relate to that feeling we get whenever we see a cat called Angelfeather. That feeling of immediate exasperation, of "another cringey eleven year old." We've all complained about it, or seen someone complain about it. Hell, even this book has a chapter on it.

I mean, it's annoying! It disregards canon, it's just stupid and cringey.

The thing is, it isn't damaging. Do you know what is? When you're a kid, just having fun writing about your favourite books, with your oc called Crystaleyes, and seeing all these people, the older members of the fandom, some of whom you look up to, talking about how horrible ocs like yours are, how bad fics like yours must be, and just how cringey you are. That would hurt a hell of a lot.

There are serious problems in fanfics (and the series) sometimes. Homophobia, ableism, transphobia, etc. These are problems that reflect on real societal issues. But unrealistic names is not one of these problems. You know what is? Cringe culture. And yelling at kids who just want to have fun is mean, and enforces cringe culture.

We're a fandom! We're supposed to be a family! Supporting each other and sharing our love for the series, or the world behind the series. But that isn't what's happened here. This is another rant for another day but it still relates here.

Many older members, like myself, like to take the series seriously. We like things to be professional. But there's a line, and often we cross it. Some things should not be taken so seriously, and naming is one of them.

Just leave people alone and let them have their fun, hmm?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 285 20
***COMPLETE w/ irregular non-plot updates*** **Written by me** *Republished after taking it down* _____________________________ Hi, this is my person...
416 34 31
Fanfiction! Warriors from erin hunter! Enjoy!!!
43K 956 10
We've all seen the horribly overused story elements by the Warriors fandom. Forbidden love, unrealistic names, predictable plot, hardly crypic proph...
145 7 7
~ Based on the New York Times Best Selling Series by Erin Hunter ~ Hailkit dreams of growing into a warrior worthy of protecting her clan and her kin...