I Don't Do Friends

By JenesisMC

Jeremiah is a typical Nigerian teenager. He's been through a lot. He is broken. He is lost. But what can he d... More

Prologue/ Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
One Second.
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Sixteen

97 20 9
By JenesisMC

Am starting to feel OBLIGATED towards you guys and its freaking me out. Not good. But Good in a Bad way. Am really stressed out now, yet I have to do this. Humph, things I do for y'all.

This chapter is dedicated to thenevergiveup whom I owe a chapter. Lol!
Enjoy!

JERRY'S POV.

Tomorrow's Sunday!

You see, the thing about exam periods for me is that I freak out at the slightest thing. I feel stressed and tensed at the same time that it makes me wonder if I'm normal. Don't answer that, please.

Permit me to ask if its normal for someone, who is accustomed to church going every Sunday, to just suddenly feel uneasy and uncomfortable at the slightest mention of the activity. I honestly don't think its normal. I am not saying I'm not normal, it's just.. Forget it!

I am at home this Saturday, as expected, and luckily for the family, there's light. I mean, power. Unlike some places on our dear earth, here we don't have a 24 hour supply of electricity. Honestly, any day the light stays for more than eight to ten hours, without blinking, I have every reason to believe and deduce that Something is Wrong. Now that's abnormal.

The light is only expected to last that long during events and special holidays like the Easter holiday and Christmas. Even on these days, the light is not expected to exceed a span of twelve hours straight. It's normal to experience black out for two months but its weird to have electricity for twenty four hours. How does that sound. Welcome to the dark continent.

I'm not complaining. Though it would be nice to have such growth in our economy but I still think it would be kinda weird.

I am tired of staying in my room, so I decide to go to the sitting room and know who's at home as well. I smile in my head when it occurs to me that I haven't left my room since morning and its ten a.m. now. Well, that means I have missed all the work at home. Sweet.

I head to the sitting room with just my sweatpants on and nothing on top. Yes, I am shirtless but trust me, its not a sight you would want to behold. Don't mind all those WattPad books that adore shirtless guys with all their eight packs and six pack and stuff. I gat none of those and I'm proud of myself.

I smile at my sisters who are busy watching Avatar, The Legend of Korra. Its the sequel to Avatar, The Last Air Bender. That's the one I like. I've watched both and honestly Aang is overrated. I just love those guys especially Sokka.

I sit on a cushion and bring out my phone. Of course I'm not going to watch this movie with them. I am just bored of staying in my room, alone.

I open my menu and go through the games I have and settle on playing Fashion Empire. Its a ladies game I must admit, but then its me. And believe when I tell you that I am really into this game. Its freaking awesome. The levels are challenging, the graphics are classic, the gameplay are on point and the story line is simply addictive.

I am engrossed in the game that I don't know when Jessica came in. She has been given the liberty of coming anytime she wants to. That's my mum for you.

After I introduced Jessica to my mom last week, Jessica now comes here without even informing me. She eats with us and does other things here. Its now like she's part of the family. The only person that doesn't seem comfortable with this is Joy, and me.

As I look up and meet Jessica's eyes, I sigh and get up almost immediately and start heading to my room. She's never seen me shirtless. This is why I'm just uncomfortable with her impromptu visits. Its just abnormal you know.

Luckily, she seems to understand that I'm not comfortable with her seeing me shirtless as she does not call me or try to stop me. Joy stands up and follows me out. She catches up easily

"She should stop these her visits oo" She blurts out

"Ha! Why?" I'm not playing that game with her.

"Jerry, I know you're not comfortable with it and so am I." She taps me on my shoulder.

"Well," I shrug, "Mummy is not complaining, why should I?"

"That's the problem!" She sighs and shakes her head.

"So you hate her?" Am just curious!

"No. I mean she's your girlfriend, right?" She did not just say that.

"What!?" I glare at her. "She's not my girlfriend"

"Yeah, right" She sarcastically replies. This girl is unbelievable.

"You know what? Just leave me alone, lemme go and wear shirt" I can't continue with her.

"I still think you should talk to her about the visits. She's beginning to freak me out with her obsession." She turns and starts heading to the parlor but stops abruptly.

I turn my back to know why she suddenly stopped walking. And I meet Her eyes. How long has she been there, listening. I don't bother, I just walk to my room and grab a shirt before going back to the parlor. To probably face my worst nightmare, well not literally.

I enter the sitting room and walk up to her seat. Grab her hands and drag her outside. Luckily for me, she did not resist. She just followed me, willingly. Too much for dragging her, eh!

"I want to tell you something" I blurt out as soon as we got outside.

"If its about my visits, then don't worry. I'll minimize them and always alert you before coming." She says.

"I'm guessing you overheard I and Joy's conversation" I bring my head down.

"Obviously, plus she kinda already told me about it." She's in thought. Probably reliving whatever it is that Joy told her.

That girl may be the last born, but she's scary whenever she gives us warnings or tell us her mind and opinion. I respect her for that. And so does everyone. I wonder what she really told Jessica and How she did so.

Jessica chuckles. "She's quite funny, if I may say."

"You can say that again" I look at her and she's kinda still in thoughts. Hmmm. "What exactly did she tell you?"

"I can't tell you that, in details." She laughs softly. "But she mentioned something about you being uncomfortable with me seeing you shirtless" Okay now she's smirking. At me!

"Of course she did" I say more like to myself.

"Oh come on" she hits me lightly, near my chest. "There's nothing to hide. You don't even have abs." She's still smirking is all I can register.

"That's the whole point of me being uncomfortable" I whispered, but she still seems to hear me and begins to laugh. Seriously!

"Please, what's funny!" Great, now I'm asking the obvious. Smooth Jay.

She just continues laughing, ignoring me. I decide that I've had enough of her and start to head back inside. She then decides to stop laughing and holds me back. What now.

"What now!" I ask her without even raising my head. Its funny how uncomfortable and shy and nervous she makes me feel all at the same time.

She's not responding so I guess she's just looking at me. Great. Now I'm shaking.

"Aunty, your phone is ringing."

We both turn to see Joy coming out with Jessica's phone, ringing. She grabs it and quickly answer the call with a casual 'Hello' and goes a distance. She just wants her privacy. Why won't she gimme mine. Girls!

"Chibu!" Is mummy calling me? I thought she went out.

"Chibu! Open the gate!"

"I'm coming" Joy outruns me to the gate.

As she opens the gate and mummy comes in, I notice that she's not with her vehicle and she came back with a little girl. Strange.

"Mummy, welcome. Where's your car?" I greet and ask her, curiously.

"The car broke down at Ogbunike, so I just parked it there." Great, so she went to her village. Thank God I stayed in my room.

"Who's the girl with you?" Joy asks as she grabs mummy's bag and I get the sack of stuffs she bought. This bag is heavy.

"She's your cousin," How many of them don't I know. Quite a lot. "and she'll be staying with us  from now." What!?

"WHAT!?" Joy and I shout simultaneously.

"Welcome ma" Jessica greets. I guess she's done with the phone call.

"Jessica, how are you" Mummy casually asks without stopping. She's tired, obviously.

As soon as mummy enters the house, Jessica comes before me and stops me.

"Clara called" So it was Clara after all. Girls.

"So!?" Why's she telling me.

"Chris is with her at her house". That's not a new story.

"So!?"

"Chris was beaten up"

I dropped the sack I was carrying. Am sure something broke inside though. I look up at her as of to confirm if she's joking or not. She's not!

Oh-No!

********★***********★***********★*********
Somehow am happy that he reaped what he has been sowing.

Question: Who do you think did such an act and why?
Hint: Someone from Chris's past.

I can't say much. So far so good. The characters did not go against my main story in this chapter.

Don't forget to:

Comment...

Vote...

Share...

Thanks.

Love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 365 38
Tami is a simple and cute seventeen year old girl who just finished her SSCE( secondary school) and is about to enter college. She's quirky, simple...
3K 543 15
I tried not to look up, fought the urge to find out what he was actually looking at but it was to no avail. I finally joined him and I didn't spot an...
6.6K 2K 31
Everyone does not have the flawless life we all seem they have, some have obstacles to face, battles to fight and as teenagers, stages to over come...
503K 9.6K 52
"I think you're hearing things Jessica, you should get that checked out. We already know you're not the brightest, who knows what more we will find o...